Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Asphaltangel
Originally Posted by billhilly
Originally Posted by Asphaltangel
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
You might want to be careful with that.

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire."

Or for those who prefer the King James language:

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

Well said Jim.

One more question for those who "don't believe" or maybe still have a little doubt about the Christian thing. Let's say that Ringman, myself, Jim, Doc, and the millions of others in the world and on the Fire who not only believe in the God [the demons do that much....and "shudder"], but serve Him our entire lives. Let's say you [non believer] spend your entire life not believing, serving, and even putting down those who do. In the end, let's say you are right and we are wrong. What do WE have to lose? All we have done is lived the best life ever...a clean life...a life of fellowship with others, faith beyond ourselves, etc etc. But what if we are right and you are wrong? What do you have to lose?

Pascal's wager again eh? What if the Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, etc. are right? You'd have to follow every religion there is if you're going to hedge your bets. Besides, you either believe or you don't. A person can't force themselves to believe "just in case" and what would God think about the "what have we got to lose crowd anyway?

I think you may have misunderstood where I am coming from in the post. The "what do you have to lose" question is a sincere question, and the answer is your soul and everlasting life ...living forever in the presence of Jesus and all our loved ones who have gone before us that have also given their hearts to Jesus.

I understood perfectly well. There's no difference to the Muslims, Buddhists, and Hindus. They'd say the same about your beliefs and I'm sure they naturally assume they're operating on the infallible word of their god(s) and that Christians are serving the wrong god. Pascal's like you, assumes Christianity is true therefore his wager is between accepting the truth or not. They assume their beliefs are true and dismiss Christianity as easily as you do their religion and might wonder how you'll explain yourself to their god(s) in the afterlife.

Last edited by billhilly; 04/09/14.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So if Hitler accepted the gift then the true Christian would accept Hitler as his brother in Christ and happily spend eternity with him? This is concept I cannot accept. I guess I need to learn true forgiveness. There is evil in this world that needs to spend eternity in Hell without the chance of a get out of jail free card.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The human is just a vehicle in the form of a sophisticated monkey.

It's a piece of meat which temporarily houses an abbreviated representation of the consciousness.

You can't judge the consciousness from the monkey it's housed in.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead

It's the 'Christians' that think non-believers can't and don't live the best life ever, a clean life of fellowship with others that cracks me up.

Depends on your definition of "fun". I'll grant you though that one man shouldn't judge another, regardless. It's easy to know right from wrong though. Ain't no gray area.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,...and,.

It's possible that we're all a part of a collective consciousness that's temporarily divided into a congregation of individual monkeys.

Some pieces of consciousness get a good monkey,...some,..not so much.

IC B2

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by 54Woody
So if Hitler accepted the gift then the true Christian would accept Hitler as his brother in Christ and happily spend eternity with him? This is concept I cannot accept. I guess I need to learn true forgiveness. There is evil in this world that needs to spend eternity in Hell without the chance of a get out of jail free card.

Sin is sin in God's eyes.

Without faith in Jesus Christ any sin condemns us to hell, with faith in Jesus Christ no amount of sin condemns us to hell.

In heaven as a perfect being we will welcome Hitler (if he was saved) as a brother as he would be a perfect being also.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You and Ringman are paddling in the same canoe.....
and your distain and judgement of a fellow brother is strike one......for today.
Better get that cleared up with "the man".

Have Dog

Will Travel

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,...and,...maybe the test is,..."How will this piece of consciousness develop the monkey?"

Or,...maybe,.."What will win out?,...the consciousness or the monkey?"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LBP

Without faith in Jesus Christ any sin condemns us to hell, with faith in Jesus Christ no amount of sin condemns us to hell.

In heaven as a perfect being we will welcome Hitler (if he was saved) as a brother as he would be a perfect being also.

You, my friend, are a breath of fresh air.
Sadly, you will not be welcomed by the "established" Christian crowd......
Oh well.......God loves you.

Have Dog

Will Travel

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Basically,...from the time that you're born,...it's you against the monkey.

Yeah,....that's probably it.

IC B3

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by LBP

You, my friend, are a breath of fresh air.
Sadly, you will not be welcomed by the "established" Christian crowd......
Oh well.......God loves you.

Thank You for the kind words. I'll pray that doesn't happen.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I welcome you, LBP, or at least i hope you welcome me. You are, for sure, in good company.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by eyeball
I welcome you, LBP, or at least i hope you welcome me. You are, for sure, in good company.

Eyeball we have sent each other PM's. You are most welcome Sir, and thank you for welcoming me.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
And you me, LBP.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R

Here you go....

Revelation 20:10...

"And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

The real source of the evil you are talking about has no chance, and once they are in "jail" they won't be getting out.

Remember....Ephesians 6:12..."For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." This was written by the Apostle Paul during a time when he and the early Christians were suffering under the Romans as the Jews did under Hitler.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My one, well second, comment is why folks worry about me and god, heaven and hell. I do not for them as they are all quite at peace so all is good by me, for them. That written, why do I matter to them? Move one, as the good Doc suggested in the OP, goes both ways.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if you actually think you can go thru life as a criminal then become a christian and all is fine then you go for it. for many it a crutch that they must have. i 've seen many that turned to religion when something bad happened in there life only to get screwed out of there life savings by some greedy church.

i know preachers that poach deer every year,i know people that spend half the year workin on chuch projects but the other half is spent drinking and partying . i had a close friend that did everything he could every day for his church,then he'd go home and beat wife almost daily. she's his ex-wife now.

heaven must be one crowded place with all the good people that died sense the beginning of time there.the thing that gets me is most religous people i know believe that in evolution ,well it didn't happen both ways. theres alot more evidence that evolution really happened.i've heard some scientist say that religion is the biggest scam in human history.

then theres the guy thats in a bus wreck and everyone is killed but him. oh,my the lord spared me,well why the hell did he kill the other 40 people on the bus? makes no sense to me.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I do volunteer work with many Wounded Warriors from the Army & Marines. After getting to know many of the more severely wounded I have heard stories of after death experiences. Virtually all of them have similarities. One is especially intriguing & was a life charging experience for the sergeant involved. While traveling with his sniper team in a Humvee they were next to a large IED when the explosion occurred killing everyone, but the sergeant. With massive injuries including having his face blown off he went into cardiac arrest. A medic pulled him from the burning wreckage & revived him. While being transported in a helicopter he again went into cardiac arrest & was revived. In both instances he remembers floating into a bright light & having the feeling of total peace & then suddenly being pulled back. His next encounter with death is even more startling. Upon arrival at the medical center in Germany surgery was underway when his heart stopped again. He remembers looking down on himself on the operating table & recalls everything the doctors & nurses discussed & later confirmed with them. Several attempts to resuscitate him failed & finally one doctor was ready to pronounce him dead. A second doctor decided to make one more attempt & finally got some heart activity. While all this was going on he experienced the bright light again, but this time he was floating above a river of fire & saw the ugliest being he had ever experienced sitting on some sort of a rock formation. Next he had the sensation of floating & recalled every slight & sin he had committed in his life. He also recalled every evil thing anyone had ever done to them & forgave them. He experienced a feeling of total peace & being forgiven for his sins & forgiving any that had been committed toward him. The feeling of total happiness & bliss was over powering. Suddenly he was whisked back into a bring light & recalls someone stating that they now had heart activity. He was eventually flown to Walter Reed still in critical condition. He face was reconstructed after 15 operations & while not a monster is horribly disfigured. He has an artificial eye, is disfigured, & has other medical issues to deal with, but has dedicated his life to God. I had the privilege of assisting him on several hunts. I have no idea what his after death experiences mean, but I am confident they occurred.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see a lot of "Christians should be quiet and keep their faith to their selves" sentiments. But remember, witnessing the Good News is part of Christianity, and is part of "love your neighbor".

Spiritual Works of Mercy

To instruct the ignorant.
To counsel the doubtful.
To admonish sinners.
To bear wrongs patiently.
To forgive offences willingly.
To comfort the afflicted.
To pray for the living and the dead.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by RJY66

Here you go....

Revelation 20:10...

"And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

The real source of the evil you are talking about has no chance, and once they are in "jail" they won't be getting out.

Remember....Ephesians 6:12..."For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." This was written by the Apostle Paul during a time when he and the early Christians were suffering under the Romans as the Jews did under Hitler.

Exactly, Jesus forgave the Romans while they nailed him to the cross. As long as were alive we can except Christ and be forgiven. Even people who have done countless evil things.

Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 78 invisible), 2,706 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,652
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.