Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Freddy
I see that you live in a state that legalized pot and gay marriage, you and your state will soon be in the sewer.

You live in a state that allows gambling and whores and has turned its back on everything moral. STFU and clean your own house grandma....nice try though. grin You led the way to the sewer....

Congrats grandma temperance.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs
Aces:
Do you think any of Claud's reaction to the wardens was colored by his experience with the FBI 10 years earlier?

Claud had a run in with plain clothes FBI on a draft issue at the end of the Viet Nam war.

They jumped him at the ranch he was working at and treated him badly......
even though he was not resisting. Said FBI said that they would hound him even if he was found not guilty. Pards said that he was a changed man when he returned and vowed not to be taken by LE ever again.

30Gibbs....in short YES. I have little doubt that Claudes' past experiences 'jaded' him or predisposed him of the end as much as Pogues' experiences. They were both human.

He felt duped by his priors and sought distance from the threats that were promised him.

Like Randy Weaver if you pis.s off the wrong folks those folks will come after you for anything....under the full umbrella of the law. Just because a 'lawman' was killed does NOT make the killing wrong.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
[Just because a 'lawman' was killed does NOT make the killing wrong.

In the heat of the moment, possibly.
The way it was done, execution style, does in fact make it wrong.
Shooting a downed man in the back of the head with a .22 isn't self defense.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
They were likely dead....but I agree... In the end though, it was those 2 shots that sealed the conviction. That was pretty cold. But the gov't showed little compassion for him, in fact quite the opposite. The gov't displayed the persecution and vindictiveness that left an obvious choice for Dallas.

Dallas would have likely walked if he'd have just walked away after they were down.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
No Thanks on Pinky! smile

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Freddy
I see that you live in a state that legalized pot and gay marriage, you and your state will soon be in the sewer.

You live in a state that allows gambling and whores and has turned its back on everything moral. STFU and clean your own house grandma....nice try though. grin You led the way to the sewer....

Congrats grandma temperance.

Your still a sick dog and should be banned from posting here, better yet you should be euthanized

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I'll go put on the popcorn.

GTC

Yeah, no chit...Probably a kid doing a report on him or something...

This is gonna be one helluva report in Social Studies class!!!!

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Claude who....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wasn't there so I have no idea what led to the shootings.

What I do know:

Claude Dallas was poaching, setting illegal traps and in possession of illegal animals.

Maybe he was provoked, but his illegal activities is what arranged the meeting.

The fact that he shot them in the head after they were no longer a threat tells me all I need to know about Claude Dallas.

By committing this act, He was no longer trying to protect himself, but eliminating witnesses.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Claude who....

too early for beer and popcorn. Coffee and a donut maybe.. grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no dog in this fight but do have to wonder why Aces has a hard on for Pogue.

Where's W.H Pogue buried?

Next time I'm thru that country I might need to take a pis.s...

All through this thread his hatred of Pogue has surfaced. Did he have an interaction that he has not admitted to? Maybe he wanted to pull a Claude Dallas and did not have the guts, and is pizzed at himself. Seems strange to me. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Ace was drunk, or maybe just stupid....who knows.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stupid sounds right.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I never met any of the people involved in this shooting , but from what i have read about this story , the best man won.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pogue had a long reputation for being a bully. Elms was supposedly a nice guy who got pulled in. Back about the time that Dallas was released, we had a long discussion on here. Pogue's daughter got wind of it and joined the forum long enough to post her defense of him. I don't think she convinced anyone that he was a really nice, caring guy.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Claude who....

OMG, how did you even find this thread, or did you have it bookmarked for a special occasion? Is today your birthday?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Stale popcorn and flat beer. Into necro-threads, Steely?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted By: AcesNeights
Wow.

I'm tipping a cold one to Mr.Dallas knowing that he's living out his life. Hopefully free from little di.cked, badge heavy bullies.

I suppose a large fraction of Alaskans that live subsistence lifestyles should hang for shooting and eating a deer (or whatever)?

But then again I was all for Randy Weaver....I'm sure you were pulling for the FBI and the Jap sniper.

you sir are not fit to even speak Randy's name and there was not one shred of similarity between the two incidents.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bea175
I never met any of the people involved in this shooting , but from what i have read about this story , the best man won.

There is no justification for the coldblooded execution for two enforcement officers. Yours is an inane comment.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Claude who....

Why?

You that bored?

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 29 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,746
Posts18,495,188
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.