Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by pira114
10 year old beagle. Three favorite pastimes are, in no particular order, barking, sleeping, and ingesting pine cones/needles causing constipation and leading me to believe he's dying while working it out.

LMAO. I bet if you ate a pine cone he would think you were dying whilst trying to work it out! I guess sometimes fiber can be a bit much on the ol lower GI track.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Outside dog, Kate, helps me bush hog and tries to go every where the truck goes. I usually let her unless it is real hot or I will be gone a long time. She keeps the critters out of my garden and likes to be petted. She also trails all of my deer after I shoot them, whether they run a couple of hundred yards or a couple of feet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

She is one of the solid brown ones but am not sure which.

Seems that I have no pictures of the little inside dogs in my Photo-bucket. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hunt,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

fish,

[Linked Image]

sleep, (allot)
[Linked Image]

and play.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
My older male dog Willy loves to fish but when I go under a bridge he hunkers down. It scares him every time, trickles the $hit out of me every time.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The only difficulties I have with my current dog are 1) she won't let me clip her toenails, so I need help with that, and 2) she loves to eat chicken crap. My chickens mostly stay in their fenced in pasture, but some of them like to fly out and into my dog's yard, where they leave her their "treats."

Otherwise, she's about perfect. Never chews anything I haven't given her for chewing.

PS I've found that dogs I've gotten as small puppies were easy with toenail clipping throughout their lives, while dogs I've adopted from shelters as adults were a problem when it came to toenail clipping. My current dog was an adult adoption.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yea,,,, my dogs don't really care whether it's hunting, fishing, camping, or just going to town for beer and beans as long as they get to go.
Funny thing though, my Cur dog is the only dog I've ever had that won't swim. She'll wade out until her belly touches but that's it. And no amount of coaxing by me, the other dogs, or small children will convince her to go any deeper. She loves boats but no swimming. crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most of the time she's outside, looking for chit to tree or kill, like this mouse. My dog, Remmie, is the black, muppet looking creature. The wheaten scottie belongs to my In-laws and was visiting for a few days recently. They sniffed out and killed this mouse. Actually, Remmie killed it. Surprisingly, she's a better mouser and gopher killer than the scottie.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When she's not killing vermin or sleeping, she's usually doing something Frisbee related. She's such a slave to her Labrador blood that she'll retrieve that darned flying ring until she's exhausted.

Here she is multi-tasking. Looking cute while waiting to play fetch.

[Linked Image]

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Spark my JRT is still a handful at 13. Here he is with a furry. My Wife posted this picture on her Facebook site and CDOW showed up with a fine for $276.00 "allowing an animal under my control to harass wildlife, to wit, a Marmot". Dumb move on our part. We got lucky he is not a super hyper JRT and he is not allowed to bark unless there is something really important. It could be because he gets a huge amount of exercise which for a JRT should be running long distances everyday.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Spark is a coyote magnet and not a match for them. I have to pay special attention to this.

[Linked Image]

He didn't much care for a week of rafting Deso-Gray.

[Linked Image]

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Stays within about a meter of Momma.

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pixie the Wonderbeagle leads a very hectic life. Her day starts with her morning constitutional and breakfast, which she will not eat until Pipsqueek the cat A.K.A. the Inspector General and Pixie's very bestus friend inspects and approves of her bowl of food. Her daily duties include being the Goodwill Ambassador for my wife's preschool kids. Circle time, where the kids sit and go over the day's events, talk about the weather, lunch, and what they did the previous day is where Pixie holds court. She gets right in the middle of it, where she likes to be. This frantic hour and 45 minutes of work really wears her out, so then she usually sleeps for another 5 or 6 hours on the couch. Late afternoon consists of barking at anyone walking down the street, especially the hated motorcycles. She even barks at parked motorcycles. At about 6 p.m. she's ready for her evening walk, and will go get her leash and bring it to us, growling at us if we have the nerve to ignore her. More sleeping, which wears her out, so she needs to go to bed at about 9:00. If she's ready for bed and we're not, she will bark and growl at us to get in the bedroom pronto, as she has her very own spot on the foot of the bed. It's a dog's life!

Last edited by gophergunner; 05/05/14.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
She even barks at parked motorcycles.

That one made me laugh. ^

Sounds like something one of the members of my pot licker brain trust would do.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
2 year old Chessie,just rolled in some dead fish. Nasty to say the least. Underfoot in the house constantly, seems to know where you are going before you do. She is a swimming/retrieving machine and never tires of either. Other than the smell right now, she is awesome.

1/504 PIR
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
This one loves to deer hunt and swim and photo bomb

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This one is the mole/squirrel/mouse/rat killer

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The only difficulties I have with my current dog are 1) she won't let me clip her toenails, so I need help with that, and 2) she loves to eat chicken crap. My chickens mostly stay in their fenced in pasture, but some of them like to fly out and into my dog's yard, where they leave her their "treats."

Otherwise, she's about perfect. Never chews anything I haven't given her for chewing.

PS I've found that dogs I've gotten as small puppies were easy with toenail clipping throughout their lives, while dogs I've adopted from shelters as adults were a problem when it came to toenail clipping. My current dog was an adult adoption.

If you walk your dog on pavement regularly the nails won't need trimming.

Dogs love chicken schit. Good for coyote sets.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The only difficulties I have with my current dog are 1) she won't let me clip her toenails, so I need help with that,

If you walk your dog on pavement regularly the nails won't need trimming.

^^agree^^

spot on

+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep,,, most dogs that need their nail's trimmed live on the couch.
My old GSP's nails are ridiculous in the summer, but they shorten right up come hunting season.

Speaking of nails.
My Cur's nails actually retract. Not the same degree as a Cat's, but she can definitely extend em when she wants to.
Pretty creepy.
I read that it's not uncommon for the breed, but still creepy.
She'll be at the spring gala next month. Remind me to show you.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 05/05/14.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hunts:
[Linked Image]

Bear alarm:
[Linked Image]

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Yep,,, most dogs that need their nail's trimmed live on the couch.
My old GSP's nails are ridiculous in the summer, but they shorten right up come hunting season.

Speaking of nails.
My Cur's nails actually retract. Not the same degree as a Cat's, but she can definitely extend em when she wants to.
Pretty creepy.
I read that it's not uncommon for the breed, but still creepy.
She'll be at the spring gala next month. Remind me to show you.

Curs are weird... grin

Travis

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Housekeeping:

[Linked Image]

holiday parties:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

eye candy:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Buster hunts. Coyotes among other things. He has been a great companion for years, as well as an excellent hunting buddy! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (16gage, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,188
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.