Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Yep, next two nights we run "wolf packs".

Now THAT is cool!!! Sounds like someone there is a fan of the Kriegsmarine!! Would be awesome if you could set up a checkpoint with several Kubelwagens blocking the road.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
When seconds matter; the nanny-state cops are conducting seat belt check points.

I bet you don't set your road blocks up in 'Color Town'.....nope, that'd be just too much paperwork. And them big, bad niccas with the dred locks and "goal teefesez" are just too scary huh?

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Redneck

I refuse to wear a seat belt unless and until I'm hauling one of my trailers; especially the camper due to it's size and weight. If I'm running truck only I will not wear a seat belt.

)

How do you keep that GD F'n bell from going off in the Fords? I don't usually wear one at work because I'm in and out of the truck every 5 minutes.

Go to a junknyard and get the lock from another seatbelt for that model vehicle model and put it in the seatbelt slot

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I can't imagine having a job which compelled me to run up and down the roads aggravating people about wearing seatbelts.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500
Day two of our "click it- or ticket" campaign, i normally don't write tickets during it.

But, if you are dumb enough to not pay attention to the big flashing signs that say CLICK IT OR TICKET and you get cited, maybe you should guess that they will likely be watching for seatbelts on that stretch of road the next day as well. If he hadn't told me he got cited yesterday for the same thing, he would have just gotten a warning today too

I expect the Bears to be out in full force from now until Tuesday morn lookin for seatbelt violations and sobriety check points, didnt see a soul out yesterday, guess they were all sleepin up gettin ready. grin

Gunner

Yep, next two nights we run "wolf packs". For DUI patrols

We put a trooper in a car from another agency, with that officer. That gives us jurisdiction anywhere in the county. Wr will have several if these teams from numerous agencies, all given specific patrol areas.

That'll work, hope youinz clean all the damn drunkards offa your stretch of highway.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by slumlord
When seconds matter; the nanny-state cops are conducting seat belt check points.

I bet you don't set your road blocks up in 'Color Town'.....nope, that'd be just too much paperwork. And them big, bad niccas with the dred locks and "goal teefesez" are just too scary huh?

No money on the south side.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Day two of our "click it- or ticket" campaign, i normally don't write tickets during it.

But, if you are dumb enough to not pay attention to the big flashing signs that say CLICK IT OR TICKET and you get cited, maybe you should guess that they will likely be watching for seatbelts on that stretch of road the next day as well. If he hadn't told me he got cited yesterday for the same thing, he would have just gotten a warning today too

I expect the Bears to be out in full force from now until Tuesday morn lookin for seatbelt violations and sobriety check points, didnt see a soul out yesterday, guess they were all sleepin up gettin ready. grin

Gunner

Yep, next two nights we run "wolf packs". For DUI patrols

We put a trooper in a car from another agency, with that officer. That gives us jurisdiction anywhere in the county. Wr will have several if these teams from numerous agencies, all given specific patrol areas.

That'll work, hope youinz clean all the damn drunkards offa your stretch of highway.

Gunner

Jerry, we have found that we get more drunks off the road using increased saturated pTrol areas than using static check points.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
http://www.northjersey.com/news/cli...oking-for-more-than-seat-belts-1.1022775
Contrary to what has been posted, the money for this comes from the FEDS.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
10-4, cruising around looking for bad driving instead of lettin em pull up to ya at a checkpoint?

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
10-4, cruising around looking for bad driving instead of lettin em pull up to ya at a checkpoint?

Gunner

Not only that, but it isn't long before every bar patron knows where the checkpoint is located. The roving patrols also (according to theory) also acts as a deterant because drivers may not know we are. Plus the added officers on the street, dedicated to DUI enforcement, increases the chances that DUI positive operators are encountered

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
RAH-JAH THAT. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I can't imagine having a job which compelled me to run up and down the roads aggravating people about wearing seatbelts.

Takes a special kind of person, I'm sure. Maybe he will be promoted to genuine meter reader in the next eight to ten years. Don't wanna overload anybody.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I refuse to wear a seat belt unless and until I'm hauling one of my trailers; especially the camper due to it's size and weight. If I'm running truck only I will not wear a seat belt.

)

How do you keep that GD F'n bell from going off in the Fords? I don't usually wear one at work because I'm in and out of the truck every 5 minutes.

Go to a junknyard and get the lock from another seatbelt for that model vehicle model and put it in the seatbelt slot

Gitem, that's nice of you to offer a tip. It's all a cat and mouse game to me. Why get irritated with it and ruin a good day?
I'm glad for the technology that can get around the your radar gun when there's a good reason to speed. ...and sometimes it's necessary. I also realize that cops don't make the laws. Many, many times they give warnings to people, but some people are just not going to fall into line. That's their right. They pay their fine, pay higher insurance, and be on their way.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

)

Gitem, that's nice of you to offer a tip. It's all a cat and mouse game to me. Why get irritated with it and ruin a good day?
I'm glad for the technology that can get around the your radar gun when there's a good reason to speed. ...and sometimes it's necessary. I also realize that cops don't make the laws. Many, many times they give warnings to people, but some people are just not going to fall into line. That's their right. They pay their fine, pay higher insurance, and be on their way.

I don't get irritated. I collect the overtime pay whether ai wrote tickets or not. Just as I collect a regular salary for working my normal shifts whether Inhandle complaints or catch up on paperwork. And you won't get around "my" radar, because we don't use radar here. We use Vaascar and laser systems here. And as I stated, i normally don't give tickets. This guy was an exception.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by wildbill59
http://www.northjersey.com/news/cli...oking-for-more-than-seat-belts-1.1022775
Contrary to what has been posted, the money for this comes from the FEDS.

So, we're all paying for this stupidity?

The public sector will get their due.....eventually.

Cities like Stockton and Detriot have already 'modified' their pension pay-outs.....all approved by higher courts.

There will be a day when they actually blame their employer.....rather than the legitimate tax-payer.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gitem,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. You didn't sound irritated. I'm referring to all those who don't like the seatbelt law [including me]. Vaascar and laser system, huh? smile

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by pira114
If most of America took responsibility for themselves we wouldn't have half these nanny laws.

Most people, whether you want to believe it or not, will cry about being forced to wear a seat belt, then cry about being asked to pay even a small percentage of the medical bills when they get injured.

Of course, different government agencies pick up the rest. Paid for by taxes. Not just taxes from individuals, but also taxes and regulations to insurance companies. Who start being forced to offer a minimum coverage that costs you more. Both car and medical insurance.

The result is that you pay several times for those who won't pay for themselves or demand that underinsured folks go without care.

There's lots of other factors like the way too high cost of the medical care and lawsuits that claim cops/cities "should have protected me from myself." But the point is that there are reasons for these laws that most of you don't think about. These tickets do not generate the revenue you think. The average cop won't write enough tickets in his career to pay for even two entire years of his employment.

Your premises are so far off that any conclusions that you might draw from them will be junk; to wit: "If most of America took responsibility for themselves we wouldn't have half these nanny laws." Nanny State has prevented us from taking care of ourselves. Nanny State has asserted itself as superior to, "We, the People..." That way, Nanny State tells us what's it needs to do to take care of us, prevents options that would compromise its superior status, and arrests and prosecutes us if "We, the People," deviate from its agenda. The goal of Nanny State is laws as vehicles of total control of, "We, the People."

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by snubbie
Taxpayer's expense?
Most likely less than falls from ladders. Certainly less than drunk drivers, reckless drivers. Likely less than sports injuries or injuries mowing or gardening in your lawn. Maybe less than food poisoning from restaurants and sunburns. In fact of all the "injuries" resulting in taxpayers picking up the tab, I'd guess seatbelt non-compliance to be way down the list.
I started driving in 1976 and have always worn a seatbelt and believe everyone should...if they choose to.
I believe seatbelt laws to be more .gov intrusion into our lives and little more than a means to generate revenue with no due process of law.
I cannot imagine serious law enforcement officers would feel they are doing important work by writing seatbelt tickets.
Well said.

I've worn them since starting to drive, too, and that was before there were any seatbelt laws. That's my choice, though. I see no legitimate basis on which government should make that decision for the individual.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by NH K9
Is NH the last State standing without? I thought there was one other.

[bleep] seatbelt and helmet laws.

Thats one thing i think is off kilter. We have a seatbelt law, but no helmet law

What's far off kilter is that such stupid, revenue generating laws exist. Get rid of 'em!

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Vaascar is a timing/ distance computer that determines speed,

I don't like the seatbelt law either, thats why out of 17 stops that shift only one person was cited.

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,017
Posts18,500,387
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.