S
Good post/well said above me ^^^^

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What's for sale here?

Oh, nothing...

Next.

Memento mori (We all gotta go) - - I'll see you at the lake, around the beach, on the mountain & in the woods on this side or the other by & by.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Marlin_444
What's for sale here?

Oh, nothing...

Next.

Then don't read it. I too get irritated with "non for sale" threads in the classifieds. But most are not even classifieds related.

This is a total different situation. It IS classifieds related, and threads like this are totally necessary if we wish to police our own site. If it keeps even one respectable member from getting taken advantage of by some POS, then it is MORE than worth it IMO......

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by Marlin_444
What's for sale here?

Oh, nothing...

Next.

Then don't read it. I too get irritated with "non for sale" threads in the classifieds. But most are not even classifieds related.

This is a total different situation. It IS classifieds related, and threads like this are totally necessary if we wish to police our own site. If it keeps even one respectable member from getting taken advantage of by some POS, then it is MORE than worth it IMO......

^^This^^

Can we get 'Sonora a charger?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
TFF

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad all this came out. Like I said I'd only had one dealing with him and that for when I bought a pair of Talley rings.

He's not the only one on here I see trying to make a profit on items like it's a store........

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing wrong with a profit. Something seriously wrong with misrepresenting stuff for a profit.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 30338
Nothing wrong with a profit. Something seriously wrong with misrepresenting stuff for a profit.

Agree.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's not the only one on here I see trying to make a profit on items like it's a store

Everyone should sell for a loss, but only like its not a store crazy

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hunthard

I don't know Hunthard and I don't have a dog in this fight. I have done one deal with him that worked out well for me. The Postal Service had a glitch and he was very helpful in resolving the issue. I think if he was a scoundrel, he wouldn't have helped me out. In this case, he offered to give the money back, so there would be no harm if the OP had waited on a response and received a refund. I have not done a lot of deals on here but all of them have been good deals with great folks. I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. I am sure he would handle things differently next time and it was likely a mistake. He has done a lot of deals on here and offered some interesting stuff. If you do a lot of deals, some are not going to go perfectly. It seems the vast majority if his deals have been good. Some of this info is not very flattering but I would buy from him again.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 30338

I agree. I've bought and sold several items that I've used then turned around and made a profit. But making a profit is not my sole purpose of being on these classifieds.

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Making a profit is bad?

Fug that chit..

Honest dealings are all I'm concerned about.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Darktimber
Hunthard

I don't know Hunthard and I don't have a dog in this fight. I have done one deal with him that worked out well for me. The Postal Service had a glitch and he was very helpful in resolving the issue. I think if he was a scoundrel, he wouldn't have helped me out. In this case, he offered to give the money back, so there would be no harm if the OP had waited on a response and received a refund. I have not done a lot of deals on here but all of them have been good deals with great folks. I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. I am sure he would handle things differently next time and it was likely a mistake. He has done a lot of deals on here and offered some interesting stuff. If you do a lot of deals, some are not going to go perfectly. It seems the vast majority if his deals have been good. Some of this info is not very flattering but I would buy from him again.

Wonder why he wouldn't ever return a call when he sold a grossly misrepresented rifle to another member under a different screen name. This guy is a scumbag plain and simple. It's not the good deals that will tell you about a mans character, it's the bad deals that tell you what you need to know

Hopefully he will chime in and let everybody know why he went back into the Army after being medically retired. Google is a bitch isn't it Tim especially when those google searches bring up all of the physically demanding hunts you go on

Last edited by huntsonora; 06/08/14.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Very telling that he has essentially disappeared after initially feigning outrage at the impugning of his "integrity"...

NRA Life Member
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by JTod
Very telling that he has essentially disappeared after initially feigning outrage at the impugning of his "integrity"...

He has not disappeared, but will be back on in a couple of weeks doing the same thing to other people. There are a few of these type of scammers here on the Fire who keep on keeping on. We do not have the ability to police this sort of unethical and dishonest behavior. Instead of a Good Guy Forum we need a Bad Guy Forum.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Originally Posted by JTod

He has not disappeared, but will be back on in a couple of weeks doing the same thing to other people. There are a few of these type of scammers here on the Fire who keep on keeping on. We do not have the ability to police this sort of unethical and dishonest behavior. Instead of a Good Guy Forum we need a Bad Guy Forum.

I meant disappeared from this thread - as in no longer even attempting to defend himself...

NRA Life Member
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Well you mean he has just sort of Hunkered down and quiet for now. Im sure he is reading every word as it is posted and just snickering up his sleeve.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If there was a bad guy list the same 6 people would put all of us on it sooner or later. Since they never have anything nice to say about anybody, they'll never skew the stats on a Good Guy list.

LOL
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Enough yet.

Attached Images
sFun_DeadHorse.gif (4.19 KB, 799 downloads)

Don't mess with me, I'm too old to fight, too fat to run, so I going to have to kill you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any chance this is the same guy?
--------------------
FAIRBANKS � A Fairbanks sheep hunter was fined $500 for selling an old Dall sheep taxidermy mount to an undercover Alaska State Trooper on {elsewhere}.

Tim Dingey, 38, appeared in court Friday and pleaded guilty to illegally selling a big game trophy.

In a phone interview on Saturday, Dingey said he bought the mount for $400 at a garage sale seven or eight years ago, before he took up sheep hunting, and said he didn�t know it was illegal to sell it. Dingey said he�s preparing to leave the state and �was getting rid of some things that didn�t mean that much to me� when he advertised the sheep mount on {elsewhere}.

�I didn�t realize that was illegal,� he said.

When undercover Alaska Wildlife Trooper Ken Vanspronsen, who saw the post on {elsewhere}, showed up on Jan. 5 and offered $450 for the mount, Dingey agreed.

�Then he pulls out his badge and pulls out the regulations and reads them to me,� Dingey said. �I didn�t realize it was against the law. I�ve seen plenty of stuff like that for sale on Craig�slist.�

Dingey said the mount was at least 30 years old and wasn�t what you�d consider a trophy.

�The hair was falling out. The hair was discolored. It wasn�t full curl,� he said. �It was something that was shot in the 70s.�

But Vansrponsen said state law prohibits the sale of big game trophies in Alaska. That includes taxidermy mounts of heads, horns, antlers and skulls attached to antlers. Horns or antlers must be completely detached from the skull to be sold, the trooper said.

A sheep hunter himself, Dingey said he�s embarrassed by what he called �an honest mistake� and was hoping Vanspronsen would give him a warning. He described himself as a law-abiding citizen and Iraq war veteran with a clean record who learned his lesson but said the trooper �didn�t want to hear anything about it.�

�I got my hand burnt and learned from it,� Dingey said. �I�m not too happy about it. If I actually knew it was illegal, it would be like me putting marijuana for sale on {elsewhere}. Who would do that?�

People selling big game trophies on {elsewhere} or eBay is �unfortunately more common than you might think,� Vanspronsen said. Troopers monitor both sites for possible illegal activity and also get calls from individuals who notice illegal postings, he said.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,279
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.