Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Just cause I knew you'd give me crap�I tried some H335 in the newest AI

Just what I thought�the stuff is schitt�..

[Linked Image]

fuggin fliers�.. grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Boxer

'flave,

They've a penchant to dazzle. You need a Bob 25MOA 1913 extended 64 rail,ASAP.

Hint.

Whatcha' steering boolits with,glass wise? You gonna go Gibby and knock the crosshairs plum outta one and use Imagination or Pretend?!?

Didn't think so.

Laffin'!

The only spare glass I had with turrets on top and side was a straight 10X Bushnell. It worked fine for yesterday afternoon but I'm not sure what I'm going to put on top for the long haul.

It also needs a bed and float but that will have to be put on hold until next week. Things are all booked up at 'Flave Precision, and don't ask what I'm working on because that schit is proprietary.

Where do I order one of these Bob rails?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
'63,

Congratulations upon your higher learning and your gig doing sign language.

Your hair looks nice too and black is a solid selection for your figure.

Laffin'!

'gwe,

I'm still in SAAMI/Varget Mode,using MUCH greater contours for increased accuracy.

I'd try a 223AI,but case forming is a waste of time and components. As an aside...'335 is very dirty and temp sensitive.

P.S. and by the way,X's don't shoot.

Just sayin'.

'flave,

I reckon the 10x mildot non A/O Bushy,is whatcha' cite? Not too shabby for distant affairs,but a bane up close,due the lack of parallax adjustment.

Bump 30mm go Fixed [bleep] and live a little,though they's outta stock,again.(grin) Rear focus rocks and MQ reticles was made for Wayward Rimfire Pursuits.

Going Bob Direct,is the best route to score a Bob rail.

25MOA 1913 Annie 64 Extended Bob Rail

Thank me later.

Hint.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Boxer

'gwe,

I'm still in SAAMI/Varget Mode,using MUCH greater contours for increased accuracy.

I'd try a 223AI,but case forming is a waste of time and components. As an aside...'335 is very dirty and temp sensitive.

P.S. and by the way,X's don't shoot.

Just sayin'.

Back to the drawing board�.

I'm gonna scrap that 1 in 8 twist you talked me into too�regular POS�should be worth about 19 cents a pound�

As an aside here, what temp is H335 sensitive to? in farenheit please.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The Bushnell UBER sucks balls when things are up close for sure. But I was still able to squeeze some good groups out of it with some bulk packed CCI Mini-[bleep].

Thanks for the link. You're a very nice "cyber-bully."

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by deflave
some bulk packed CCI Mini-[bleep]

where did you find these? VarmintGay says theyre not out there anymore ever since the government started hoarding them.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bob should whip up some 50 and 75MOA picatinny rails for the CZ as not everyone has an Annie or two in the stable.

A new super chicken 10x is in route, even though I don't particularly care for "busy" reticles. I slummed a Conquest HD5 for awhile and regretting that brain fart. Although the glass is nice, and no "busy" reticle, everything else is a concession.

I've dabble with quite a few scopes now for my .22LR, and currently there's nothing out there (that I've seen) to whoop up on the super chicken for a fun rimfire long range platform.

Alright Stick, go ahead and give me both barrels as indeed your, "Toldja so" was 100% accurate. In fairness, you know some of us are hard headed and stubborn and just have to dabble with sheit ourselves before coming full circle.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
Originally Posted by deflave
some bulk packed CCI Mini-[bleep]

where did you find these? VarmintGay says theyre not out there anymore ever since the government started hoarding them.

Depends on which lot number you're referring to.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FOsteology

A new super chicken 10x is in route, even though I don't particularly care for "busy" reticles. I slummed a Conquest HD5 for awhile and regretting that brain fart. Although the glass is nice, and no "busy" reticle, everything else is a concession.

I've dabbled with quite a few scopes now for my .22LR, and currently there's nothing out there (that I've seen) to whoop up on the super chicken for a fun rimfire long range platform.

No idea what a x10 "super chicken" is, but I am currently using a Falcon Menace 4-14 x44mm FFP and for a moderately priced scope, I am fairly impressed. Its available Mil/Mil or MOA/MOA with a variety of reticules and has side focus. Elevation is either 26Mil or 90MOA depending on the version.

I bought it as a poor mans "S&B PM11". I bought one of the first of these scopes with an IR and initially had an issue with moisture on the reticules after one outing. I contacted Falcon and they shipped a replacement even before I had returned the faulty one.

I have used it now for a couple of years for shooting rabbits with my CZ452 and its been great. I don't use all the features as my shots are limited to around 100m max and are sometimes nearer 10m than 100m.

My only minor [bleep] is that at last light, the glass shows its limitations. Its not terrible by any means, but not quite as good as my S&B, Zeiss, Swaro ect..That said, those scopes probably cost 4 to 5 times as much as the Falcon.

I should add that the CZ originally wore a 7x50mm Meopta and while a decent scope, I much prefer the side focus and vari power on the Falcon for how I use it..

Last edited by Pete E; 06/17/14.
B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
'gwe,

I've a 1-17" 22-250AI spout in a purty shanked 2.5 contour,wearing flutes parallel to the bore...so they's tapered.

Much prefer it to anything faster,because it is faster.

I'll hang a pic,once I hit the house.

'335 is no joy,at any temp.

'flave,

The Fixed [bleep] do it all and the rear focus will happily getcha' inside the 10yd line,on either 6X or 10X. A 10X MQ Fixed [bleep] is an incredible amount of ruggedly/reliable performance,for incredibly little loot. I'd say the notion is catching on,for some reason.(grin)

Just missed a 22LR Bonanza at The Whorehouse...but scored Hummer Fodder both there and Cabeeluss,along with various other Rimfire Trinkets.

'Whorehouse had a Hummer Compact RAR for $279.

'6,

One can hear alotta things,about alotta things...and very little of it'll bear fruit.

Joe Average is well shy of clueless and them who do the least,Whine the most. VG likes to reiterate same,obliviously.

Funny how it actually works.(grin)

Though in fairness,The Do Nothing Gang has really been on fire,upon this Thread alone. My favorite thus far being,that full blown sheer and utter Dumbfhukkery is now a "Class".

[bleep] funny schit!

FO',

I've never been a CZ Guy and prolly never will,though my 452 Hummer do shoot rather well. For that reason,I'll not personally beat that drum,though I'd suggest that you plead your case to Bob directly. He's good people,for certain and you just might get your way.

Zeiss ain't a viable rifle scope and simply a buncha Fluff in that realm.

I'm no great fan of a buncha bugs on the windshield,which is what most of the subtension reticles "offer". The MQ connects alotta dots,less fringing the Goat [bleep] Realm and simply affords opportunity to break subtension down into tidy increments,less suffering heavy concession. Given the amount of correction requisite,to reliably deal distant dastardly deeds,it is a tough act to follow and 10 Mils of elevation is nice latitude. I went right to beating the [bleep] out of them,right out of the gate and have yet to see a bobble in any regard.

Have a few in serious R&D aboard various platforms,which in culmination,effectively runs the gamut. The round being beyond impressive,as well as the solutions doped.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Anywhoo,it's only fair to gun an open mind and dabble wares side by each,if only to cement splendor.

You's forgiven.(grin)

Pete,

A 10X Fixed [bleep] boasts over 42.5 Mils of erector travel,housing another 10 Mils on the reticle. The MOA/Mils have 175-ish MOA in the erector and 5 Mils on the glass,if only for conversation.

Falcon sucks heavy ass and is dog schit junk. Just sayin'.

452 American Varmint Hummer and 6X MQ Fixed [bleep]. Balls out,with erector and reticle,it'll reach the 825yd line with 17V-Max.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[bleep] Walnut.

[Linked Image]

Now as Hummer's go,it's tough to whoop my High Zoot 77/22. It'll reach the 575yd line on the 6X MQ Fixed [bleep]'s reticle alone,from it's 125yd zero,when flingin' Elephant Loads(which I just scored more of,from The Whorehouse).

That via flat Reupold rings.

[Linked Image]

You want a 6X MQ Fixed [bleep] on your 452,wearing a 25MOA extended 1913 Bob rail. You'd schit your pants,at the possibilities.

Hint.

Musing aloud...did The Paper Hat Brigade run outta Imagination and Pretend?!?

Laffin'!

They sure were doing "great",there for a spell. Those [bleep] "hard chargers" are a riot!

Too bad the poor poor Stupid [bleep],cain't have a clue,to their [bleep] Cluelessness.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stick,

I've no doubt you can drive a 6x well, but they are not for me. Used to use mostly fixed powers in the x6,x7,x8 and x10 range and still have a couple, but prefer variables.

The Falcon is made in China to a price point. I would not want it on a "serious" rifle as I am far from convinced about its build quality nor its reliability, but for a bunny basher on a .22LR, it does ok..

The truth is there are very few alternatives in FFP, Mil/Mil SF configuration, especially over here. Even the nearest Vortex offering considerably more expensive..

I should add I wanted something in FFP Mil/Mil and SF to match my S&B PM11..

Last edited by Pete E; 06/17/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alright Stick, go ahead and give me both barrels as indeed your, "Toldja so" was 100% accurate. In fairness, you know some of us are hard headed and stubborn and just have to dabble with sheit ourselves before coming full circle.

FO - this info is going over heads at supersonic speed. We're talking 22lr at longrange for low-cost, low recoil practice... with a quality rifle. I did the CZ thang, and I dig the Schutz.

People bitch and whine about B and are using this thread as an opp to get some shots in... yet those with smarts see that its an opportunity to get-in on a limited run of canted rails for 54-actions. THAT IS WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT! Yet, some want to dump schit in it. I think the "no Texans" part struck a nerve.

All - Say what you want about the dude, but he didn't have to let anyone at 24hrC know about these rails. There's already enough on the list where those here don't matter. Ponder that...

flave - dude, get the rail. You'll end up with a 54 sooner or later.

J

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 4th_point

FO - this info is going over heads at supersonic speed. We're talking 22lr at longrange for low-cost, low recoil practice... with a quality rifle. I did the CZ thang, and I dig the Schutz.

People bitch and whine about B and are using this thread as an opp to get some shots in... yet those with smarts see that its an opportunity to get-in on a limited run of canted rails for 54-actions. THAT IS WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT! Yet, some want to dump schit in it. I think the "no Texans" part struck a nerve.

All - Say what you want about the dude, but he didn't have to let anyone at 24hrC know about these rails. There's already enough on the list where those here don't matter. Ponder that...

flave - dude, get the rail. You'll end up with a 54 sooner or later.

J

Can't be - Boxer never helps anybody. I read that in the "ask the gunwriters" forum just a few weeks ago....

David

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
David,

B helps a lot of fellas out (and he's been known to get advice from others). He starts flickin' schit when people start talking out their azz. One of the best attributes of 24hrC is the fact that people do this. At other forums we get the same regurgitated mis-information.

B isn't the only one that does this. There's more than a few regulars that do the same, but each with their own style.

Just seems that some are not used to schit being flicked. Most .mil dudes I know are used to it, most dudes in my shop are used to it, but for some reason some dudes get their panties in a wad when B is involved. Strikes a nerve...

Jason

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
David,

B helps a lot of fellas out (and he's been known to get advice from others). He starts flickin' schit when people start talking out their azz. One of the best attributes of 24hrC is the fact that people do this. At other forums we get the same regurgitated mis-information.

B isn't the only one that does this. There's more than a few regulars that do the same, but each with their own style.

Just seems that some are not used to schit being flicked. Most .mil dudes I know are used to it, most dudes in my shop are used to it, but for some reason some dudes get their panties in a wad when B is involved. Strikes a nerve...

Jason

Jason,

My sarcasm font must not have stuck in my previous post. Boxer/Stick has helped me a ton - reading his posts through years and a truck load of pm's. The man knows rifles and is willing to help anyone that asks.

The comment I made earlier is true, I did read it in the "Ask The Gunwriters" forum:

"Look at the comments Boxer makes. The guy has terrific experience and knowledge but couldn't sell a glass of water in the Simpson Desert, because he doesn't try to help anyone and gets his kicks from belittling people, which seems to be an internet sport all its own
. "

David

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Understood. I was just commenting, not directing at you. My bad.

Jason

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Understood. I was just commenting, not directing at you. My bad.

Jason

Jason

Not at all, no offense taken, none intended!

David

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I think the "no Texans" part struck a nerve.

Its all good. B likes fishin as well as huntin'

I figured the "no Texans" was my entre!

Might have even encouraged him to elucidate and add pix.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
gee, if that's true, there are those here that will want your head on a platter..... His 'elucidations' drive the 'gang batchit crazy.

B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Pete,

I've always appreciated the rugged reliability of fixed glass and as per oftener than not,less is more. Less moving parts,less weight and less concession,if only for starters and on the average.

You've good reason to be neither warm or fuzzy,on a suspect Hubble,as that is where the slope tends to get the slipperiest. They don't(can't) hold zero,shift POI through their zoom range and don't track for schit,as compilations to the usual host of Hubble concessions. If only to cheer you up,Vortex is dog schit too.(grin)

A modest fixed glass,gives up nothing as Utility goes and yet affords the arrangement of Distant Dastardly Deeds. Most folks is wayyyyyy over X'd and less an understanding of how to arrange POA/POI intersections. Strange "thought" process to me,beings it's such a breeze to have it all and then some. Not that I don't enjoy the epic humor of some dumbfhukk telling me about the sweet "satisfactions" of using Kentucky Windage/Elevation,as per the keen "perceptors" of their Imagination and Pretend.(grin) Funny schit!

If only to begin to correlate potential,here's a gawk at the 6X MQ Fixed [bleep] reticle proper,as per courtesy of SWFA.

[Linked Image]

It's farrrrrr from daunting,up close.

[Linked Image]

Or atta stretch. Resolution is nice,as it'll pick a Polar Bear outta the ice cap at 700yds+. Hint.

[Linked Image]

It is indeed Mil/Mil,with .10 erector graduations,with 42.5+ Mils of total latitude. The SFP/FFP "debate" is moot,tracking is simply uncanny and the reticle exceptionally forgiving. Light gathering due the mechanics of a 7mm exit,don't hurt results and rugged/reliability is never a bitter pill to swallow.

You'd set your Falcon on a stump and shoot it,after justa peek.

Hint.(grin)

4th,

The astute will always connect dots and Whining Do Nothing Dumbfhukks,will always find something to Whine about. It is an interesting constant,that them who Whine the most,"do" the least...which is why it's always an expose of their Imagination and Pretend. FUNNY schit!

This Thread is a hoot. Same old cast of Whining Kchunts,all soooooo eager to jump into things lightyears beyond their comprehension and then go to lengths to dual it out,so as to see which one knows/does the least. Purty tough competition,as there are some seriously STUPID Kchunts trying for the Tiara on this pass. OldKchunt might be The Belle of the Dumbfhukk Ball,with her fascinating Tutorial upon how being a Drooling Cross-Eyed Dumbfhukk is a "Class",along with her Secret Squirrel vocation and simply amazingly incredible ineptitude,in regards to ALL things The Rifle. Her heart was in it and it's only funny,because she was doing her best. Laffin'!

There are alotta ways to launch 22LR fodder and I've looonnnggggggg had most of them blueprints,more than very well covered. That being said,THE Grail is an Annie 54. Conjoin such splendors,with the means to steer good ammo to differing zipcodes and alotta nice things start happening by default. It'd be a [bleep] kick to see "all" the empties these Whining Kchunts "amass" in a year's time and extrapolate that to the hour meters on their couches. Then couple those hilarious findings,with a pic of each of the Drooling Dumbfhukks,if only for outright side-splitting hilarity! But "luckily" for them,Imagination and Pretend is free.(grin)

A guy can do some nice thangs,with a rifle that'll Agg in the nothings and has the means requisite,to arrange POA/POI intersections welllllllllll beyond the "understanding" of The Do Nothing Gang. Only fair to set the stage and grant the Clueless an opportunity,to obliviously reiterate same. I'm rather at ease in handing The Whining Kchunts all the slack on the rope,they "think" they can handle.(grin)

Hopefully,the "hard chargers" will exchange PM's,undo some Imaginary Pretend Ignore and align "forces" and make another EPIC "stand". It'd really be a shame,if the cat got their tongues or the couch got their kchunts,as they were really doing "great".

I'm [bleep] crying,I'm laughing sooooooo [bleep] hard!

'9,

I've long been in THE most fortunate of positions,because Window Licking Do Nothing Dumbfhukks,line up for miles to "tell" me things. 'Course it don't ever go as they "planned",because I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and sandbagging,cracks me the [bleep] up.(grin) If only to their chagrin.

The Gun Writers get lippy at times and now and again,you gotta kick one in the kchunt. As a whole,they are largely clueless,yet harmless...as it literally pays for them to suck some ass. Not that such things ain't funny.(grin)

I'm rather at ease in making determinations upon wares/goods and weighing them in extrapolation,as I savvy the nuances and typically ask alotta performance,outta alotta things. Hell,I even get some stuff called "weather",which skews things quickly. I happily share them facts and the astute will always savvy,while Kchunts reliably Whine. Apparently,Imagination and Pretend is easily upset?!? Laffin'!

I've seen me bolster sales.(grin)

Gee,

It's a real gawddamned hoot,how you tirelessly try to align yourself,somehow and in some way to me! Though I guess I cain't slight you,shooting for the stars.

If only you had an inkling,as to how very far you are away from rating anything,other than a fountain of oblivious humor.

Bless your heart.

'22,

I keep politely asking Drooling Dumbfhukks to find me "mistaken",but for some reason,that glorious opportunity,shuts 'em right the [bleep] up.(grin)

Wonder why that is?!?

Laffin'!

'Course,asking for a pic of their crossed-eyes in "action",will shut 'em the [bleep] up too. Someone has gotta poke fries in the bag,at the Drive-Thru.

Funny schit!

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,801
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.