Home
Turd Polishers and Do Nothing Dumbfhukkers,scroll on.

Now for the astute and savvy,I'm having some 75MOA 1913(Picatinny) extended Anschutz 54 rails being crafted,for Long Range Races. If you've an inclination to dabble such forays,rest assured this is your Huckleberry. They will be set up to handle both OEM D&T'd (round)receivers,as well as affix with set screws on the dovetail proper,so you can opt either/or,if not both.

Focus is gonna be to eek max erector latitude outta the Fixed [bleep] ilk and all 1" tubes and most 30mm's ain't gonna have the gas. You've been warned and led to water. Hint.

Fruition will arrange 650yd dope,from a 50yd zero,when talking 6x/10x versions of same. The 12x is slighted,but 600 yet a breeze. It'll be THE schit for Long Range Races,via them discriminating Racists.

Shout aloud here,because it's gonna happen fast and be over and it's already a ToldjaSo. Hint.

Hopes are,that payment will be arranged to be made to the Manufacturer direct,so as to connect dots in rapid fashions. That'll be easiest on all parties. I'm amassing a tally,will pass same along and funds will be paid in advance,prior to the run.

No Texans allowed,because I don't want Whine spilled on such exemplary wares.

All Puns be intended. I'd not linger.

[bleep] Hint.
Bye.
wad he say?
He's taking a .22 deep..

I think he actually works some for the US Patent office, 'cause that's the only other place I've seen language that convoluted smile
I'm confused only because I understood what he was saying...I think.
'zain,

You Whining [bleep] Texans is a hoot!

Looking forward to your next Whine.

ckchunt,

You haven't the faculties,means or abilities...but "luckily" for you,Imagination and Pretend is free.

Congratulations?!?

A 50MOA slight of inclination,compared to the pending sensation,if only to boltser your consternation.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'

Laffin'!

'Loco,

Balls deep +P+.

To Infinity AND Beyond.(grin)

'cal,

I paint crystalline pictures,poignantly...if only by design.

No need to Patent,as I'm not greedy.

'47,

You want in.

Hint.
Originally Posted by Boxer

No Texans allowed,because I don't want Whine spilled on such exemplary wares.

[Linked Image]

No exceptions?

Not even your favorite Texan?

Best,

GWB

Picatinny bliss?
Psssst! I'd drop that stuff in them green and yeller boxes down a gopher hole, t'were they mine?

whistle
I'd love one if I had a 54.

I have a 164 reroute so you can't say I didn't listen at least a little bit. Grin...

Travis
Gee,

Congratulations for having enough Imagination and Pretend,to concoct your Delusions.

Please keep doing so aloud,because the hilarity of you doing your best,really is [bleep] EPIC humor.

Bless your heart.

Mike',

There is a time to 1913 and times not to.

The whole impetus in the Anschutz Tilt Chronicles,is to arrange max erector latitude,because few things gobble erector travel as a 22LR does. You's talking schit BC's,at schit speeds,which burn that sorta bandwidth by literal default.

The flipside being,few thangs is more fun than steering them schit BC's at schit speeds,into targets of opportunity. 'Tis an exceptional way to get a scald on one's Ninja Wind Reading,if only for starters. Conjoin that input,with minimal recoil(obviously) upon a superb platform and dots start getting connected largely by themself. Most have the real estate available,to arrange a scenario that'll enable some good thangs. For conversation,a 400yd poke from a 50yd zero eats 60MOA,which approaches the entire adjustment range of a good smattering of 1" glass. 500yds is a 86MOA correction,which will exceed some 30mm offerings. 600 is a 116MOA correction and doors is slamming shut,fast. 650 is 136MOA...you get the drift(which is 25.5MOA in 10mph full value at same). Fixed [bleep] like to bring 175MOA+ to the table. Yep...dat's a hint too. Hint.

So it is a tough arrangement to garner a 75MOA coax on the dainty 54's receiver,less going Picatinny. Now if one is gonna plunge in sucha fashion,he may as well strive for max ring spacing,to do his glass all the structural favors he can. To interface same,one can both overshoot the integral dovetail rail and incorporate D&T'd fasteners to the receiver proper. Then as a parting shot,gun all (6) rail set screws Gorilla Tight for the Win. Hint. That'd be a Tentuple and such things is very warm and very fuzzy. Re-hint.

'Course to literally align all them stars,you gotta have stock ergo's that'll meld the works and Teutonic Engineering has long had it capably handled. That pun be intended. The 1913 bane,is mounting height and lotsa handles,will make ya' hate the ring/rail.

Now throw an ounce trigger in the fray and the stuff Texans DREAM about being able to do,is the stuff you do with your wrong eye,wrong-handed...to take candy from babies.

Laffin'!

dube',

Don't tell anyone,but I've often left farrrrrrrrrrr more empties than that,laying upon the Killing Fields in a single outing.

Lotsa 3K+ round count days.

'flave,

25MOA 1913 extended rails for your New Toy,ain't hard to score and Bob do it best.

Could see me pleading my case yet again,for a 50 MOA RAR 1913 extended rail...for Sleepertitude.

I've gots me this hunch,that Anschutz and Fixed [bleep] sales is on the upswing,as there are them who is intellested in reliably connecting dots.(grin)

None of whom is Texan.

Laffin'!

Could see me pleading my case yet again,for a 50 MOA RAR 1913 extended rail...for Sleepertitude.

When you are on your knees pleading add one more to your order!
I need one
I think Boxer and Kawi need to hook up!
I can see that far.

With one eye.

Now throw an ounce trigger in the fray and the stuff Texans DREAM about being able to do

B,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

it's all good.

[Linked Image]

never been much of a dreamer

[Linked Image]

more of a doer

[Linked Image]

typically, my way though,

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_9516.jpg[/img]

carnival barkers were never much my style.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_6120_zps7840cee6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_2109.jpg[/img]

Best,

GWB

Originally Posted by navlav8r
I think Boxer and Kawi need to hook up!

You beat me to it, I didn't want to beat up Kawi though...
sorta reminds me of, [video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ypkX_QdPsbw[/video]
Originally Posted by cdhunt
wad he say?

Something about running a long range race in 1913 against a bunch of Texans.

Obviously he must be a real old fellow. I think he might have some dementia going on from his advanced years.
MCH,

That'n will catch on too.(grin)

'menefee,

Everyone do,but not too suplizingly...not everyone knows it.(grin)

Gee,

No need to perpetually reiterate,how [bleep] pathetic your version of everything is.

But it is...[bleep] FUNNY!

Bless your heart,for tryin'.

Laffin'!

'dog,

It's your Imagination,be sure to Pretend with it however you please.

Nice touch to do so aloud,if only to share the oblivious humor...that fully escapes "all" your perceptors.

Laffin'!

Crow',

You CAN'T "race" a Texan...because as soon as the gun goes off,the Whining Kchunts is waving white flags.

Then they adopt the conquering tongue and will say sumptin' in Spanish,for extry-extry hilarity.

Laffin'!

I'd like something like this for my Axis.

PM sent.
'Cub,

Do you "rate" having a PM read yet? laugh
SuperKchunt,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please...just keep doing so aloud.

One thing is for certain about you,in that when it's all said and done,there's going to be a [bleep] of a LOT more said,than done. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

dooshmike,

She rates having her Imagination entered into The Guinness Book.

If only for [bleep] starters,to prepare their Awards Committee for her Pretend.

Laffin'!

Now for them who is Doing...as opposed to Pretending,a coupla 1000 words in regards to mechanical splendor.

[Linked Image]

A portion of the Potion,which fends motion.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.
Would lobbing 800 gr 50 cal bullets with a BC of 1.095 at 3250 fps at haters of the US Flag and the people it represents qualify one as a Hard Core Racist? smile

Gunner
Once again, Boxer, your over use of big boy words and attempted clever phraseology leave you sounding like a total douche bag. "Pretend" "imagination"
"Hard charger". C'mon man, get some new material you've been boring us with this same old mumbo jumbo for years now..... Blah blah blah.

.....ok, here's the part where you tell me I've got my panties in a bunch, or I'm a "dumphukk, yeah yeah.... Let 'er fly.

Hey Boxhead (makin ya feel at home there) Redundancy = BORING

....... HINT

.......oh, almost forgot, LAFFIN!

Oh by the way, I'm from Michigan if you want to make fun of my geographical location and lack of B&C sized game animals
Soapy,

Of course he uses the same old rhetoric every time.It ain't like the paper hat brigade went out on their lunch break and purchased their first clue. laugh
Y'all aren't being very nice.

WOW+P+ laugh laugh

Gunner
The window lickers are never not a freaking riot. laugh

Laffin
I apologize, comedy is not my 'longsuit' but skin irration is, due to my KaHUNT being stuck to the couch all the time. LMMFAOO

Gunner
B,

Happy Father's day to you

[Linked Image]

from the petting zoo!

[Linked Image]

Keep it real.............

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB
Originally Posted by UncleSoapy
Once again, Boxer, your over use of big boy words and attempted clever phraseology leave you sounding like a total douche bag. "Pretend" "imagination"
"Hard charger". C'mon man, get some new material you've been boring us with this same old mumbo jumbo for years now..... Blah blah blah.

.....ok, here's the part where you tell me I've got my panties in a bunch, or I'm a "dumphukk, yeah yeah.... Let 'er fly.

Hey Boxhead (makin ya feel at home there) Redundancy = BORING

....... HINT

.......oh, almost forgot, LAFFIN!

Oh by the way, I'm from Michigan if you want to make fun of my geographical location and lack of B&C sized game animals

Yeah like Boxer the midget has ever shot a B&C anything. I would like to know how so much douche can be compacted into such a small torso. Laffin
Boxer the midget! Now I'm really Laffin!!!!!
Originally Posted by moosemike
'Cub,

Do you "rate" having a PM read yet? laugh

Guess again ..... I'm not trying to "rate" near as hard as you.

I can admire the skill, precision, and effort to consistently shoot small groups at long range. Doing it with game animals though, seems like a puff of wind, a step by the critter, and you can pull a Swampy +p and shoot the critter in the ass. YMMV, of course.
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I can admire the skill, precision, and effort to consistently shoot small groups at long range. Doing it with game animals though, seems like a puff of wind, a step by the critter, and you can pull a Swampy +p and shoot the critter in the ass. YMMV, of course.

You think this is a thread about shooting animals with a rimfire at 650yards?

David
'500,

Anyone in the Race,with a chance of winning the Race...is a Racist.

Pretend ain't real,no matter how hard the Do Nothing Day Dreaming Window Lickers,wish it to be.

But at least Imagination and Pretend are free,so they "think" they can Race.

Laffin'!

'Soapy,

Ain't it a hoot,that even someone as [bleep] Stupid as you,knows you're a Whining Kchunt? I reckon "living" in Michigan,is rather good for Vagisil sales,you "lucky" kchunt?!? Lafin'!

Please find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time,to rub your nose further in your incredible [bleep] Stupidity.

I cain't know which is funnier...the pending awkward silence,Whine or fresh batch of Excuses?!?

Do I smell Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as your Trump Card?!? The ONLY move you've got,is to shut the [bleep] up,take notes and apply same. Not that it ain't funnier than [bleep],that you are powerless in the refrain.

Laffin'!

Be sure to wax eloquent upon all the things you've almost done,the wares you nearly did it with and the places you almost did 'em.

Good talk.

Laffin'!

Oh...and feel free to cite all them "big" words you couldn't cypher.

[bleep] WOW +P+!!!

dooshmike,

Ask AuntWhiney for the "particulars" of her 54.

Laffin'!

Gee,

You really know hot to get after it.

Laffin'!

'kchunter,

Hang a pic of yourself,so your Douchetitude can be accurately calibrated. I realize your cup runneth over...you "hard charger" you.

What do you do for a living again?!?

Laffin'!

SuperKchunt,

GREAT time to lob a cartoon,hang a pic of me Outdoors and frost it with mentioning yet again...how you "don't care".

Make it Outdoors yet this year?!?

Didn't think so.

Laffin'!

'cal,

Here's to the sweet "satisfactions" that are certainly your's,as you "seem" stuff in your Imagination and Pretend...in the accords of your faculties,means and abilities,as extrapolated by your "experience","knowledge" and "results". Laffin'!

Tough to beat a good boolit in the Cheerio,as terminal affects go. He was running purty good(as he'd seen the look in my eye) and it was aboutta "1" on the 1-10 Relative "Difficulty" Scale,to launch an unfriendly 270 grainer outta my favorite 375 H&H Ackley Improved(was slumming 3 of 'em in the larder,at the time),into said orifice,as a means of hitting the Emergency Brake. It exited the chest,should such factoids enable your Whining and further fulfill your Do Nothing Dumbfhukkery.

Now it weren't my intent to horn you up,but them is da' facts. 'Course I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and I've never seen anyone better with a rifle,than I.

Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

Perhaps consider going full SuperKchunt...and adding the pic to "your" 'bucket account,as a means of making a daring "stand".

Laffin'!

'9,

Nawwwww...this Thread is simply more opportunity for the Do Nothing Drooling Dumbfhukks,to showcase their Stupidity,Whine more than a bit and concoct some more Excuses.

That of course,while the astute is connectin' dots and ordering glass and rails.

Funny how it actualy works.(grin)

Imagination and Pretend is free,so The Do Nothing Gang can "participate" too.

Laffin'!

Boxer stop typing and get to pleading! I want a 50moa for RAR dam it.
Just curious what ammo do you guys use when pushing .22LR to extreme long rang?
Yawn. More of the same from the blowhard.
I like Eley it shoots well out of all my .22's.
Originally Posted by UncleSoapy
Yawn. More of the same from the blowhard.

It never changes ...Alaskan Ebonics...... Bless his little heart..he is trying
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I like Eley it shoots well out of all my .22's.

So the idea is to start out sub sonic to avoid the round having to go through the unstable trans-sonic stage as say a HV would?
"Alaskan Ebonics". Oldelkhunter, you are cracking me up!
MCH,

I'll nip the Anschutz Chronicles first...then dabble Ruger RAR's,amongst a few others.

Will shout,when plunging,so you can partake.

Pete',

Rimfire is all about sourcing ammo,that a platform likes.

I'm enthralled with a goodly sized batch,that flings 40's at 1285fps and into sinister little knots.

Nice "problem" to have.(grin)

AuntWhiney,

I'll feign my "surprise",that you take great pains to stay away from ALL things The Rifle and go right to your Vagina Monologue instead. Feel free to regale me,with how that one time at Band Camp,you stuck a flute in your poozy. Laffin'!

Again...PLEASE find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time to rub your nose even further into your simply [bleep] incredible Stupidity.

That'd be a two dog dare,you "daring" "hard charger" you. Laffin'!

Hint.

You poor poor stupid [bleep] are a hoot!

OldKchunt,

You Whining Do Nothing Dumbfhukks and your "hard charging" ways,are a [bleep] riot! Congratulations?!?

Whattya' do for a living again?!?

Laffin'!

"Luckily" for you,Imagination and Pretend are free.

Wow +P+!

Looking forward to more Excuses and some fresh Whine. Go for the throat and dangle a pic of you and your crossed-eyes,really gettin' after it!

Laffin'!

Mebbe consider joining "forces" with OldKchunt and you two pathetic Whining Kchunts can bolt "all" your "experience","knowledge" and "results" together,for the Dynamic Duo Of Dumbfhukktitude Award and really have some braggin' rights?!? Laffin'!

Just sayin'.
I'm just wondering if there's a proper way to break in a rifle before all this gets started...
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I can see that far.

With one eye.

Same hear. But it is the correct eye.

I see the fun in it. But I'll stick with my squared up Talley's on the 54's. Using "Kentucky windage" and a great gut feel on what a Polar Biathlon round will do. Get's me about half way there on small targets.

Walking the woods with a sporter weight that can shoot tops is my bag of fun. Some times wagering is involved.
MCH,

I'll nip the Anschutz Chronicles first...then dabble Ruger RAR's,amongst a few others.

Will shout,when plunging,so you can partake.

Pete',

Rimfire is all about sourcing ammo,that a platform likes.

I'm enthralled with a goodly sized batch,that flings 40's at 1285fps and into sinister little knots.

Nice "problem" to have.(grin)

AuntWhiney,

I'll feign my "surprise",that you take great pains to stay away from ALL things The Rifle and go right to your Vagina Monologue instead. Feel free to regale me,with how that one time at Band Camp,you stuck a flute in your poozy. Laffin'!

Again...PLEASE find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time to rub your nose even further into your simply [bleep] incredible Stupidity.

That'd be a two dog dare,you "daring" "hard charger" you. Laffin'!

Hint.

You poor poor stupid [bleep] are a hoot!

OldKchunt,

You Whining Do Nothing Dumbfhukks and your "hard charging" ways,are a [bleep] riot! Congratulations?!?

Whattya' do for a living again?!?

Laffin'!

"Luckily" for you,Imagination and Pretend are free.

Wow +P+!

Looking forward to more Excuses and some fresh Whine. Go for the throat and dangle a pic of you and your crossed-eyes,really gettin' after it!

Laffin'!

Mebbe consider joining "forces" with OldKchunt and you two pathetic Whining Kchunts can bolt "all" your "experience","knowledge" and "results" together,for the Dynamic Duo Of Dumbfhukktitude Award and really have some braggin' rights?!? Laffin'!

Just sayin'.

Guarantee that I come from a tougher class of people then you could ever imagine and worked harder then you ever did ENANO. Hint Google Translate you stupid [bleep]
Originally Posted by alibi
I'm just wondering if there's a proper way to break in a rifle before all this gets started...

I migh have seen a Youtube video on that. It might have involved a Kimber Montucky and some rocks on POW. Somethin' about a cow barrel too I think. laugh

I migh have seen a Youtube video on that. It might have involved a Kimber Montucky and some rocks on POW. Somethin' about a cow barrel too I think. laugh

now that you mention it............

Best,

GWB
That's what I'm talking about, proper break in...
That's what I'm talking about, proper break in...

Just remember, if you're south of POW, one prolly needs to give it an extra couple smacks and dunk in a pool in order to be "dead nutz" at 1,269 yds.

Best,

GWB
'libi,

I hear good thangs about Break-In and as everyone knows...it's ALL about the contour.

Laffin'!

Gibby,

Which glass rides the 54 and how much up is remaining,via your Talley's?

I enjoy the notion that folks worry about the reticle and it's zero up close,but are clueless in regards to same,beyond that zero. Now Eley Biathalon has a nice BC(G1 .150),but a modest velocity and that conjoined with guesses bolted together,don't make for a purty picture. A platform can be no better than it's weakest link and you've threaded lotsa weak links,obliviously. Congratulations?!?

Your opener,was a hoot!: "Same hear". That was some funny schit,especially because you are doing your best!

Thanks for the "enlightenment".

Laffin'!

Extry extry points awarded for the humor,for having enough Imagination to Pretend that such "systems",is Fiscal Flock Fleecers.

Wow!

OldKchunt,

Awwww yes...I do enjoy your Imagination and Pretend,nearly as [bleep] much as you do. Again,VERY good [bleep] call to skirt ALL things The Rifle and instead,conjure some Secret Squirrel Pretend Vocation and Hard Asstitude. I'm [bleep] crying,I'm laughing soooooooo [bleep] hard!!!

You poor poor STUPID Clueless [bleep],it's simply a shame,that your devoid the 17 IQ points requisite,to cypher how far you are in over your pointy [bleep] head! Bless your heart.

Sweetheart...Pretend and Imagination ain't a "Class" of people,it is a delusional plight suffered by Drooling Do Nothing Dumbfhukks,as you oh soooooooo eloquently attest,obliviously.

Hang a pic of that "Class" and yes...that too is a Double Dog Dare. I'm much looking forward to more Excuses and a fresh batcha' Whine. Laffin'!

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot and you are doing "great"!

dooshmike,

Seen that one myself.

Gee',

Ain't it fascinatin',that you are at your best,when plagiarizin'?!?

Laffin'!

Keep them training wheels on and shoot for the stars!

Now if only to fuel your Imagination and to bolster your Pretend. Said rifle only eats but 31.2MOA to the 1270yd line,from it's 250yd zero,given the atmospheric conditions of the day. That'd be a goodly ways shy of "daunting",yet Greek to you. Laffin'!

For conversation,said rifle houses more reserve in the erector than that. Hint. As an aside,it ain't ever been wet,let alone that very moment. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Cheer up,as I've only (2) more of the ilk and chambered same...one of which will reach the 1340yd line on the reticle alone,when zero'd same.

Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

No wonder you poor poor Clueless [bleep],rely on your Imagination and Pretend,perpetually.

Good talk.

Laffin'!

(Addendum: For a Drooling Dumbfhukk)

OldKchunt,

I'll haveta' yet again feign my "surprise",that you skirt ALL things and ALL particulars,but never don't not manage a heartfelt Whine. Congratulations?!? Laffin'!

REALLY knock it out of the [bleep] Park,with a pic of your crossed-eyes and feel free to cite the plight as being a "Class". Laffin'!

Or stomp your itty-bitty feet some more,hold your breath and continue with your poignant Vagina Monologue Hissy Fit.

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot! Elaborate some more on all the things you've almost done,the wares you almost did 'em with and the places you almost did them.

WOW +P+!

"Luckily" for you,Imagination,Pretend and Whine is free.

Laffin'!
Damn, Enano your words cut right to the bone grin

B, It's been awhile since I had the pleasure of going back and forth with your majesty.

To answer your question. One 54 22LR Sporter wears a Zeiss 3x9 with parallax zeroed at 75 yrds. The other is topped with a Luepy FX III 6x42 AO. Both mounted with Talley clamps.

These suffice for my pleasure fully. All the wilderness I need is just out my backdoor, and has been all my life. Like I said, I am satisfied with a squared setup and Kentucky Windage (that includes KY elevation). You can spend your time experimenting with your hardware all you want. Contrary to what you think, I do it all the time. Have been all my life, which is a long time. It's a feel thang'. You can have your 650 yard stuff. That's great. I'll stick to wind doping (up to half that distance with the 22lr).

Keep up the good work. It is still fun reading about your endeavors. We do learn from them after all the filtering we have to go through.
B,

different stroke for different folks.........

I find that a hundred or two strokes with a bore brush coated with a JP Bore Paste/Kroil mix followed up by kroil soaked cotton patches till clean, does all I need for barrel break in!

[Linked Image]

Saves wear and tear on both Wood and WAMs.

And seems to work well on Kimber Montanas also,

whether it be a

308 Winchester....

[Linked Image]

a 260 Rem or even a 325 WSM...

[Linked Image]

zero at 100 and hold on

fur.......

at 60 yds..........

[Linked Image]

at 80 yds....

[Linked Image]

at 100 yds.......

[Linked Image]

or feather at 120 yds

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC00056-1.jpg[/img]

Meat,

It's what's for dinner.

Just sayin'..........................

Best,

GWB

Gee I love that JB
My Anschitz 164 is shooting UBER well.

Travis
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
Gee I love that JB

me too.........

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB
Gibby,

You really should be writing this info down,because even you know,that if I take the time to pen it...there's no refute.

Zeiss has yet to offer a scope worth a [bleep],for reasons knowed only to them. They botch reticles,eye-relief,internal adjustment and a host of other variables,on the average. Pun intended. I do however drive more than a few of their wares,as Spotters,Bino's and Camera Lenses go. They know glass and set the bar,but are reliably stumped with rifle scopes. Purty funny,actually.

I've heard of Leupolds and the 6x42. This browser cain't like 'shack,or I'd prolly hang a pic of a 54 wearing same(6x42 A/O),ala 27MOA BKL cantilevered inclination,so as to arrange a 50yd zero 3MOA offa bottom of it's erector travel. Hint.

You must run with some seriously STUPID [bleep],if your lifetime of "experience",can wrangle a paid wager outta them! THAT is some funny schit!

If you only had a first [bleep] clue.

Wow +P!

Gee',

Tell yourself first,that which you most need to hear and corrobarate them decibels with Fenced "Pursuits" as a "Trump Card". Then say sumptin' about windage adjustable rears.

Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

rick',

JB is an opening move on a new or used spout,as a means of gettin' 'er ready for moly.

Then it's kiss,find pressure and rocking on.

Ain't done it for much more than a couple/few hundred spouts.(grin)

'flave,

They've a penchant to dazzle. You need a Bob 25MOA 1913 extended 64 rail,ASAP.

Hint.

Whatcha' steering boolits with,glass wise? You gonna go Gibby and knock the crosshairs plum outta one and use Imagination or Pretend?!?

Didn't think so.

Laffin'!
[Linked Image]
Just cause I knew you'd give me crap�I tried some H335 in the newest AI

Just what I thought�the stuff is schitt�..

[Linked Image]

fuggin fliers�.. grin

'flave,

They've a penchant to dazzle. You need a Bob 25MOA 1913 extended 64 rail,ASAP.

Hint.

Whatcha' steering boolits with,glass wise? You gonna go Gibby and knock the crosshairs plum outta one and use Imagination or Pretend?!?

Didn't think so.

Laffin'!

The only spare glass I had with turrets on top and side was a straight 10X Bushnell. It worked fine for yesterday afternoon but I'm not sure what I'm going to put on top for the long haul.

It also needs a bed and float but that will have to be put on hold until next week. Things are all booked up at 'Flave Precision, and don't ask what I'm working on because that schit is proprietary.

Where do I order one of these Bob rails?

Travis
'63,

Congratulations upon your higher learning and your gig doing sign language.

Your hair looks nice too and black is a solid selection for your figure.

Laffin'!

'gwe,

I'm still in SAAMI/Varget Mode,using MUCH greater contours for increased accuracy.

I'd try a 223AI,but case forming is a waste of time and components. As an aside...'335 is very dirty and temp sensitive.

P.S. and by the way,X's don't shoot.

Just sayin'.

'flave,

I reckon the 10x mildot non A/O Bushy,is whatcha' cite? Not too shabby for distant affairs,but a bane up close,due the lack of parallax adjustment.

Bump 30mm go Fixed [bleep] and live a little,though they's outta stock,again.(grin) Rear focus rocks and MQ reticles was made for Wayward Rimfire Pursuits.

Going Bob Direct,is the best route to score a Bob rail.

25MOA 1913 Annie 64 Extended Bob Rail

Thank me later.

Hint.

'gwe,

I'm still in SAAMI/Varget Mode,using MUCH greater contours for increased accuracy.

I'd try a 223AI,but case forming is a waste of time and components. As an aside...'335 is very dirty and temp sensitive.

P.S. and by the way,X's don't shoot.

Just sayin'.

Back to the drawing board�.

I'm gonna scrap that 1 in 8 twist you talked me into too�regular POS�should be worth about 19 cents a pound�

As an aside here, what temp is H335 sensitive to? in farenheit please.

The Bushnell UBER sucks balls when things are up close for sure. But I was still able to squeeze some good groups out of it with some bulk packed CCI Mini-[bleep].

Thanks for the link. You're a very nice "cyber-bully."

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
some bulk packed CCI Mini-[bleep]

where did you find these? VarmintGay says theyre not out there anymore ever since the government started hoarding them.
Bob should whip up some 50 and 75MOA picatinny rails for the CZ as not everyone has an Annie or two in the stable.

A new super chicken 10x is in route, even though I don't particularly care for "busy" reticles. I slummed a Conquest HD5 for awhile and regretting that brain fart. Although the glass is nice, and no "busy" reticle, everything else is a concession.

I've dabble with quite a few scopes now for my .22LR, and currently there's nothing out there (that I've seen) to whoop up on the super chicken for a fun rimfire long range platform.

Alright Stick, go ahead and give me both barrels as indeed your, "Toldja so" was 100% accurate. In fairness, you know some of us are hard headed and stubborn and just have to dabble with sheit ourselves before coming full circle.
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
some bulk packed CCI Mini-[bleep]

where did you find these? VarmintGay says theyre not out there anymore ever since the government started hoarding them.

Depends on which lot number you're referring to.

Travis
Originally Posted by FOsteology

A new super chicken 10x is in route, even though I don't particularly care for "busy" reticles. I slummed a Conquest HD5 for awhile and regretting that brain fart. Although the glass is nice, and no "busy" reticle, everything else is a concession.

I've dabbled with quite a few scopes now for my .22LR, and currently there's nothing out there (that I've seen) to whoop up on the super chicken for a fun rimfire long range platform.

No idea what a x10 "super chicken" is, but I am currently using a Falcon Menace 4-14 x44mm FFP and for a moderately priced scope, I am fairly impressed. Its available Mil/Mil or MOA/MOA with a variety of reticules and has side focus. Elevation is either 26Mil or 90MOA depending on the version.

I bought it as a poor mans "S&B PM11". I bought one of the first of these scopes with an IR and initially had an issue with moisture on the reticules after one outing. I contacted Falcon and they shipped a replacement even before I had returned the faulty one.

I have used it now for a couple of years for shooting rabbits with my CZ452 and its been great. I don't use all the features as my shots are limited to around 100m max and are sometimes nearer 10m than 100m.

My only minor [bleep] is that at last light, the glass shows its limitations. Its not terrible by any means, but not quite as good as my S&B, Zeiss, Swaro ect..That said, those scopes probably cost 4 to 5 times as much as the Falcon.

I should add that the CZ originally wore a 7x50mm Meopta and while a decent scope, I much prefer the side focus and vari power on the Falcon for how I use it..

'gwe,

I've a 1-17" 22-250AI spout in a purty shanked 2.5 contour,wearing flutes parallel to the bore...so they's tapered.

Much prefer it to anything faster,because it is faster.

I'll hang a pic,once I hit the house.

'335 is no joy,at any temp.

'flave,

The Fixed [bleep] do it all and the rear focus will happily getcha' inside the 10yd line,on either 6X or 10X. A 10X MQ Fixed [bleep] is an incredible amount of ruggedly/reliable performance,for incredibly little loot. I'd say the notion is catching on,for some reason.(grin)

Just missed a 22LR Bonanza at The Whorehouse...but scored Hummer Fodder both there and Cabeeluss,along with various other Rimfire Trinkets.

'Whorehouse had a Hummer Compact RAR for $279.

'6,

One can hear alotta things,about alotta things...and very little of it'll bear fruit.

Joe Average is well shy of clueless and them who do the least,Whine the most. VG likes to reiterate same,obliviously.

Funny how it actually works.(grin)

Though in fairness,The Do Nothing Gang has really been on fire,upon this Thread alone. My favorite thus far being,that full blown sheer and utter Dumbfhukkery is now a "Class".

[bleep] funny schit!

FO',

I've never been a CZ Guy and prolly never will,though my 452 Hummer do shoot rather well. For that reason,I'll not personally beat that drum,though I'd suggest that you plead your case to Bob directly. He's good people,for certain and you just might get your way.

Zeiss ain't a viable rifle scope and simply a buncha Fluff in that realm.

I'm no great fan of a buncha bugs on the windshield,which is what most of the subtension reticles "offer". The MQ connects alotta dots,less fringing the Goat [bleep] Realm and simply affords opportunity to break subtension down into tidy increments,less suffering heavy concession. Given the amount of correction requisite,to reliably deal distant dastardly deeds,it is a tough act to follow and 10 Mils of elevation is nice latitude. I went right to beating the [bleep] out of them,right out of the gate and have yet to see a bobble in any regard.

Have a few in serious R&D aboard various platforms,which in culmination,effectively runs the gamut. The round being beyond impressive,as well as the solutions doped.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Anywhoo,it's only fair to gun an open mind and dabble wares side by each,if only to cement splendor.

You's forgiven.(grin)

Pete,

A 10X Fixed [bleep] boasts over 42.5 Mils of erector travel,housing another 10 Mils on the reticle. The MOA/Mils have 175-ish MOA in the erector and 5 Mils on the glass,if only for conversation.

Falcon sucks heavy ass and is dog schit junk. Just sayin'.

452 American Varmint Hummer and 6X MQ Fixed [bleep]. Balls out,with erector and reticle,it'll reach the 825yd line with 17V-Max.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[bleep] Walnut.

[Linked Image]

Now as Hummer's go,it's tough to whoop my High Zoot 77/22. It'll reach the 575yd line on the 6X MQ Fixed [bleep]'s reticle alone,from it's 125yd zero,when flingin' Elephant Loads(which I just scored more of,from The Whorehouse).

That via flat Reupold rings.

[Linked Image]

You want a 6X MQ Fixed [bleep] on your 452,wearing a 25MOA extended 1913 Bob rail. You'd schit your pants,at the possibilities.

Hint.

Musing aloud...did The Paper Hat Brigade run outta Imagination and Pretend?!?

Laffin'!

They sure were doing "great",there for a spell. Those [bleep] "hard chargers" are a riot!

Too bad the poor poor Stupid [bleep],cain't have a clue,to their [bleep] Cluelessness.
Stick,

I've no doubt you can drive a 6x well, but they are not for me. Used to use mostly fixed powers in the x6,x7,x8 and x10 range and still have a couple, but prefer variables.

The Falcon is made in China to a price point. I would not want it on a "serious" rifle as I am far from convinced about its build quality nor its reliability, but for a bunny basher on a .22LR, it does ok..

The truth is there are very few alternatives in FFP, Mil/Mil SF configuration, especially over here. Even the nearest Vortex offering considerably more expensive..

I should add I wanted something in FFP Mil/Mil and SF to match my S&B PM11..
Alright Stick, go ahead and give me both barrels as indeed your, "Toldja so" was 100% accurate. In fairness, you know some of us are hard headed and stubborn and just have to dabble with sheit ourselves before coming full circle.

FO - this info is going over heads at supersonic speed. We're talking 22lr at longrange for low-cost, low recoil practice... with a quality rifle. I did the CZ thang, and I dig the Schutz.

People bitch and whine about B and are using this thread as an opp to get some shots in... yet those with smarts see that its an opportunity to get-in on a limited run of canted rails for 54-actions. THAT IS WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT! Yet, some want to dump schit in it. I think the "no Texans" part struck a nerve.

All - Say what you want about the dude, but he didn't have to let anyone at 24hrC know about these rails. There's already enough on the list where those here don't matter. Ponder that...

flave - dude, get the rail. You'll end up with a 54 sooner or later.

J
Originally Posted by 4th_point

FO - this info is going over heads at supersonic speed. We're talking 22lr at longrange for low-cost, low recoil practice... with a quality rifle. I did the CZ thang, and I dig the Schutz.

People bitch and whine about B and are using this thread as an opp to get some shots in... yet those with smarts see that its an opportunity to get-in on a limited run of canted rails for 54-actions. THAT IS WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT! Yet, some want to dump schit in it. I think the "no Texans" part struck a nerve.

All - Say what you want about the dude, but he didn't have to let anyone at 24hrC know about these rails. There's already enough on the list where those here don't matter. Ponder that...

J

Can't be - Boxer never helps anybody. I read that in the "ask the gunwriters" forum just a few weeks ago....

David
David,

B helps a lot of fellas out (and he's been known to get advice from others). He starts flickin' schit when people start talking out their azz. One of the best attributes of 24hrC is the fact that people do this. At other forums we get the same regurgitated mis-information.

B isn't the only one that does this. There's more than a few regulars that do the same, but each with their own style.

Just seems that some are not used to schit being flicked. Most .mil dudes I know are used to it, most dudes in my shop are used to it, but for some reason some dudes get their panties in a wad when B is involved. Strikes a nerve...

Jason

David,

B helps a lot of fellas out (and he's been known to get advice from others). He starts flickin' schit when people start talking out their azz. One of the best attributes of 24hrC is the fact that people do this. At other forums we get the same regurgitated mis-information.

B isn't the only one that does this. There's more than a few regulars that do the same, but each with their own style.

Just seems that some are not used to schit being flicked. Most .mil dudes I know are used to it, most dudes in my shop are used to it, but for some reason some dudes get their panties in a wad when B is involved. Strikes a nerve...

Jason

Jason,

My sarcasm font must not have stuck in my previous post. Boxer/Stick has helped me a ton - reading his posts through years and a truck load of pm's. The man knows rifles and is willing to help anyone that asks.

The comment I made earlier is true, I did read it in the "Ask The Gunwriters" forum:

"Look at the comments Boxer makes. The guy has terrific experience and knowledge but couldn't sell a glass of water in the Simpson Desert, because he doesn't try to help anyone and gets his kicks from belittling people, which seems to be an internet sport all its own
. "

David
Understood. I was just commenting, not directing at you. My bad.

Jason
Understood. I was just commenting, not directing at you. My bad.

Jason

Jason

Not at all, no offense taken, none intended!

David
I think the "no Texans" part struck a nerve.

Its all good. B likes fishin as well as huntin'

I figured the "no Texans" was my entre!

Might have even encouraged him to elucidate and add pix.

Best,

GWB
gee, if that's true, there are those here that will want your head on a platter..... His 'elucidations' drive the 'gang batchit crazy.
Pete,

I've always appreciated the rugged reliability of fixed glass and as per oftener than not,less is more. Less moving parts,less weight and less concession,if only for starters and on the average.

You've good reason to be neither warm or fuzzy,on a suspect Hubble,as that is where the slope tends to get the slipperiest. They don't(can't) hold zero,shift POI through their zoom range and don't track for schit,as compilations to the usual host of Hubble concessions. If only to cheer you up,Vortex is dog schit too.(grin)

A modest fixed glass,gives up nothing as Utility goes and yet affords the arrangement of Distant Dastardly Deeds. Most folks is wayyyyyy over X'd and less an understanding of how to arrange POA/POI intersections. Strange "thought" process to me,beings it's such a breeze to have it all and then some. Not that I don't enjoy the epic humor of some dumbfhukk telling me about the sweet "satisfactions" of using Kentucky Windage/Elevation,as per the keen "perceptors" of their Imagination and Pretend.(grin) Funny schit!

If only to begin to correlate potential,here's a gawk at the 6X MQ Fixed [bleep] reticle proper,as per courtesy of SWFA.

[Linked Image]

It's farrrrrr from daunting,up close.

[Linked Image]

Or atta stretch. Resolution is nice,as it'll pick a Polar Bear outta the ice cap at 700yds+. Hint.

[Linked Image]

It is indeed Mil/Mil,with .10 erector graduations,with 42.5+ Mils of total latitude. The SFP/FFP "debate" is moot,tracking is simply uncanny and the reticle exceptionally forgiving. Light gathering due the mechanics of a 7mm exit,don't hurt results and rugged/reliability is never a bitter pill to swallow.

You'd set your Falcon on a stump and shoot it,after justa peek.

Hint.(grin)

4th,

The astute will always connect dots and Whining Do Nothing Dumbfhukks,will always find something to Whine about. It is an interesting constant,that them who Whine the most,"do" the least...which is why it's always an expose of their Imagination and Pretend. FUNNY schit!

This Thread is a hoot. Same old cast of Whining Kchunts,all soooooo eager to jump into things lightyears beyond their comprehension and then go to lengths to dual it out,so as to see which one knows/does the least. Purty tough competition,as there are some seriously STUPID Kchunts trying for the Tiara on this pass. OldKchunt might be The Belle of the Dumbfhukk Ball,with her fascinating Tutorial upon how being a Drooling Cross-Eyed Dumbfhukk is a "Class",along with her Secret Squirrel vocation and simply amazingly incredible ineptitude,in regards to ALL things The Rifle. Her heart was in it and it's only funny,because she was doing her best. Laffin'!

There are alotta ways to launch 22LR fodder and I've looonnnggggggg had most of them blueprints,more than very well covered. That being said,THE Grail is an Annie 54. Conjoin such splendors,with the means to steer good ammo to differing zipcodes and alotta nice things start happening by default. It'd be a [bleep] kick to see "all" the empties these Whining Kchunts "amass" in a year's time and extrapolate that to the hour meters on their couches. Then couple those hilarious findings,with a pic of each of the Drooling Dumbfhukks,if only for outright side-splitting hilarity! But "luckily" for them,Imagination and Pretend is free.(grin)

A guy can do some nice thangs,with a rifle that'll Agg in the nothings and has the means requisite,to arrange POA/POI intersections welllllllllll beyond the "understanding" of The Do Nothing Gang. Only fair to set the stage and grant the Clueless an opportunity,to obliviously reiterate same. I'm rather at ease in handing The Whining Kchunts all the slack on the rope,they "think" they can handle.(grin)

Hopefully,the "hard chargers" will exchange PM's,undo some Imaginary Pretend Ignore and align "forces" and make another EPIC "stand". It'd really be a shame,if the cat got their tongues or the couch got their kchunts,as they were really doing "great".

I'm [bleep] crying,I'm laughing sooooooo [bleep] hard!

'9,

I've long been in THE most fortunate of positions,because Window Licking Do Nothing Dumbfhukks,line up for miles to "tell" me things. 'Course it don't ever go as they "planned",because I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and sandbagging,cracks me the [bleep] up.(grin) If only to their chagrin.

The Gun Writers get lippy at times and now and again,you gotta kick one in the kchunt. As a whole,they are largely clueless,yet harmless...as it literally pays for them to suck some ass. Not that such things ain't funny.(grin)

I'm rather at ease in making determinations upon wares/goods and weighing them in extrapolation,as I savvy the nuances and typically ask alotta performance,outta alotta things. Hell,I even get some stuff called "weather",which skews things quickly. I happily share them facts and the astute will always savvy,while Kchunts reliably Whine. Apparently,Imagination and Pretend is easily upset?!? Laffin'!

I've seen me bolster sales.(grin)

Gee,

It's a real gawddamned hoot,how you tirelessly try to align yourself,somehow and in some way to me! Though I guess I cain't slight you,shooting for the stars.

If only you had an inkling,as to how very far you are away from rating anything,other than a fountain of oblivious humor.

Bless your heart.

'22,

I keep politely asking Drooling Dumbfhukks to find me "mistaken",but for some reason,that glorious opportunity,shuts 'em right the [bleep] up.(grin)

Wonder why that is?!?

Laffin'!

'Course,asking for a pic of their crossed-eyes in "action",will shut 'em the [bleep] up too. Someone has gotta poke fries in the bag,at the Drive-Thru.

Funny schit!

Gee,

It's a real gawddamned hoot,how you tirelessly try to align yourself,somehow and in some way to me! Though I guess I cain't slight you,shooting for the stars.

If only you had an inkling,as to how very far you are away from rating anything,other than a fountain of oblivious humor.

Alignnment? Perhaps for the purposes of juxtaposition? Quien Sabe?

I hear laughter is good for the soul. Entertainment is one of the reasons one comes to these forums,

[Linked Image]

and, You are a fungi.

Best,

GWB

J

The 75 for the 54 or the 25 for the 64?

I already ordered the 25 for the 64. Talked to Bob yesterday. UBER nice guy.

And I do have a 10X Super Bird not in use, but it's gonna make my sporter weight UBER top heavy.

Travis
Boxer's method of candor makes me think of what "Rain Man" would've sounded like had he been a pirate with a penchant for foul language.

75 for the 54. Like insurance if you go 54. If not, it wouldn't take much to sell it.
75 for the 54. Like insurance if you go 54. If not, it wouldn't take much to sell it.

Gotcha.

Travis
Gee,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please.

I'll feign my "surprise",at your lobbing a cartoon.

Laffin'!

The more you "think" you savvy,the more you pinpoint how hilariously shy you are of the mark.

Congratulations?!?

Wow +P+!

'flave,

The 75 for the 54,is money in the bank. Worst thing that happens,is once the "ToldjaSo's" start flying,you make a profit upon same.(grin)

The 25 for the 64,will arrange nice thangs. I think you'll be suplized at the Fixed [bleep] melding upon same,not being the kick in the nuts,you are picturing...regarding balance/handling. Adding weight there,ain't like adding weight forward or behind same,so don't have them unwanted dire effects.

For conversation,the Fixed [bleep] riding atop various LW's of the faux Ti and Montucky ilk,is catching on like Wild Fire. I was scouring yesterday at every store,hoping to find some 84M DD bases,to follow suit,but no joy. So now I gotta order.

Guiding .224" 75's,.243" 105's and .284" 162's with all that travel and 36MOA on the windshield,ain't a tough premise to embrace. I was gonna stop at a Baker's dozen,but now it's looking like I'll have to opt at least twice that many,to get all itches scratched.(grin) Pards is following suit and S&B's,NightFarces and Reupolds are getting tripped in accordance.

Noone seen it coming,until they gunned 'em.

'fish,

I'm better in the flesh and a typical 5 minute cuppa coffee,is good for a coupla thousand dollars worth of gear re-thunking purchases.(grin)

Double that,when in the flesh and making empties. Noone with even the slightest bit of savvy,can say: "No thanks...being able to do that when ever I want,does not interest me". Nobody is THAT tough.(grin)

I can [bleep] with heads purty good numerically,as I can know about a bajillion come-ups in my noggin' and it's never not a Crowd Pleaser.(grin) Though I've seen me keep purty good notes and there's certainly Method,to The Madness.

In fairness,I can only reflect upon a couple/few hundered spouts and I might even be paying attention,when some may think I ain't. Sandbagging cracks me the [bleep] up!

Safe to say,there's always alotta build blueprint and gear selection constants,amongst the guys I work/hunt/shoot/fish with. I may even have checked a couple/few new fish rods,as luggage this AM...which are gonna catch right the [bleep] on and get rather Famous and quickly(grin)

Good Riggin' has always interested me and I reckon it only fair,to pass them findings along.

4th,

If money concerned me,I'd order extry and trip 'em at double,after the R&D rolls in on their regard. It's gonna happen and is a crystalline Toldjaso,wayyyyyy in advance. No different than the Annie Lingerers and the melding will of course blow minds.(grin)

Never knowed how to be greedy though,so am instead trying to hook them with an interest up,at zero margin.

Suppliers typically cain't handle the good news.(grin)

Bet your ass,if Kimber goes Montucky Rimfire...all of mine will be wearing Fixed [bleep],shimmed DD rear bases and Signature rings,all max'd right the [bleep] out. Unless the receivers are wearing a 3/8" dovetail,then it'll be inclined/extended 1913 rail time and Bob will get the bidness.

Cain't wait.

Whattya' learning new on your 54? How far have you got to stretch it out and what's the limiting factor(s). You find a good lot of ammo,that she loves?

[bleep] things are simply INCREDIBLE.

J

The 75 for the 54 or the 25 for the 64?

I already ordered the 25 for the 64. Travis

Travis, just get three of the 25 and stack them on top of each other.
You can't just stack them. You have to tape them as well.

Otherwise it won't be stable.

Travis
'flave,

The 75 for the 54,is money in the bank. Worst thing that happens,is once the "ToldjaSo's" start flying,you make a profit upon same.(grin)

The 25 for the 64,will arrange nice thangs. I think you'll be suplized at the Fixed [bleep] melding upon same,not being the kick in the nuts,you are picturing...regarding balance/handling. Adding weight there,ain't like adding weight forward or behind same,so don't have them unwanted dire effects.

For conversation,the Fixed [bleep] riding atop various LW's of the faux Ti and Montucky ilk,is catching on like Wild Fire. I was scouring yesterday at every store,hoping to find some 84M DD bases,to follow suit,but no joy. So now I gotta order.

Guiding .224" 75's,.243" 105's and .284" 162's with all that travel and 36MOA on the windshield,ain't a tough premise to embrace. I was gonna stop at a Baker's dozen,but now it's looking like I'll have to opt at least twice that many,to get all itches scratched.(grin) Pards is following suit and S&B's,NightFarces and Reupolds are getting tripped in accordance.

Noone seen it coming,until they gunned 'em.

10-4.

When my base arrives I'll place it at priority #1 here at 'Flave Precision and report back.

If I can connect at 300 with some form of regularity I'm going to be UBER happy.

Travis
You can't just stack them. You have to tape them as well.

Otherwise it won't be stable.

Travis

Acraglass them. Don't forget release agent...

grin
Originally Posted by geedubya

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

That's bad. But I like it smile

'fish,

I'm better in the flesh and a typical 5 minute cuppa coffee,is good for a coupla thousand dollars worth of gear re-thunking purchases.(grin)

Double that,when in the flesh and making empties. Noone with even the slightest bit of savvy,can say: "No thanks...being able to do that when ever I want,does not interest me". Nobody is THAT tough.(grin)

I can [bleep] with heads purty good numerically,as I can know about a bajillion come-ups in my noggin' and it's never not a Crowd Pleaser.(grin) Though I've seen me keep purty good notes and there's certainly Method,to The Madness.

In fairness,I can only reflect upon a couple/few hundered spouts and I might even be paying attention,when some may think I ain't. Sandbagging cracks me the [bleep] up!

Safe to say,there's always alotta build blueprint and gear selection constants,amongst the guys I work/hunt/shoot/fish with. I may even have checked a couple/few new fish rods,as luggage this AM...which are gonna catch right the [bleep] on and get rather Famous and quickly(grin)

Good Riggin' has always interested me and I reckon it only fair,to pass them findings along.

I enjoy the gear and the study and sharing thereof as well. It is funny to me the deep consternation that some folks seem to feel when presented with a different and perhaps better way of looking at something.

twofish
'223,

A rail stack would be handy,rather often.

As a rule,nearly halfa scope's total adjustment sets wasted,below a gent's zero and is 100% useless.

Most cain't even connect them dots.(grin)

'flave,

I cain't comment on how the 1" Bushy 10x is gonna treat you,in regards to a downrange POA/POI intersection ceiling...but an extry 25MOA ain't gonna hurt the equation.

If staying the 1" route,you'll wanna go Burriz Zee's,which is another 40MOA of potential.

Center the windage,while you's there.

Hint.

Having never chronographed your lot of '[bleep] through your rifle and not knowing your atmosphere/elevation,let alone scope height,etc.,so just winging a guesstimate...you're sub 40MOA to 300yds from a 50yd zero. There's worse news.

Lotsa ways to eek that.

Punt the 10x Bushy and go Fixed [bleep],then thank me later.

Re-hint.

'cal,

I reckon if a cartoon is as good as one can do...then some folks just gotta lob cartoons.

[Linked Image]

Personally,I prefer to lob results.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

'fish,

It is one of Life's curious constants,that them who "do" the least...Whine the most. Funnier yet,that them stupid [bleep] first move Post-Whine,is to stick their heads even further in the sand. It is often frosted with full blown Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as a last "stand".

[bleep] funny schit!

I can only lead folks to water and admittedly getta kick,outta the dehydration that takes place via the Drooling Do Nothing Dumbfhuqqs.

Time to start opening mail and kick the R&R off,right proper.(grin)

(Addendum: When it rains...it pours)

Now speak of the Devil,look what I found in the Mail. 'Tis a Bob 25MOA extended 1913 rail,slated for a different receiver,but one I thunked would cross nicely with an AMT's stainless integral dovetail.

It do.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Decidin' now,whether to 6-48 the bitch or 8-40 it,using (4) of the (6) set screws as intended and D&T'ing the brace up the guts. Though I hate to disfigure a well preserved Safe Queen,that ain't ever been used.

That means 8-40 and more dents,bruises and scratches.(grin)

Laffin'!

Whattya' learning new on your 54? How far have you got to stretch it out and what's the limiting factor(s). You find a good lot of ammo,that she loves?

[bleep] things are simply INCREDIBLE.

B,

The 54 takes the cake and I'm still shooting closerange and using the factory wood. More research at longrange to come in the next few days. So far it likes the 40gr Mini-[bleep]... they JAM nicely grin

For some reason I can't locate a 6x or 10x in MQ so I'm doing musical chairs with the 3-15x Chicken. Will do some research with the 10/22 and 25-moa RT rail first. Its 8-32. Then back to the 54. I don't think the 10/22 will see much use after the initial test drive. No movers in my future this summer.

J
Only target I saved of the 40gr Mini-[bleep] from the 54, should have saved more. Bonus... they are not neutered match/standard ammo. HV helps eek elevation. She likes the 36gr Shower bulk too. Who says you need to shoot match ammo? And I have zero doubt that the 54 would shoot better with a better driver.

Good thing I didn't pin that rail...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pete,

I've always appreciated the rugged reliability of fixed glass and as per oftener than not,less is more. Less moving parts,less weight and less concession,if only for starters and on the average.

No arguments there, and for folks starting out deer stalking and on a tight budget, I usually recommend a used 6x42 Leupold for those very reasons.

They don't(can't) hold zero,shift POI through their zoom range and don't track for schit,as compilations to the usual host of Hubble concessions. If only to cheer you up,Vortex is dog schit too.(grin)

In fairness to the Falcon, it actually does track well around a 10 Mil box on both x7 and x14 and because its FFP, zooming does not change the POI, unless the internals go seriously to crap. Of course that's a sample of one...

If only to begin to correlate potential,here's a gawk at the 6X MQ Fixed [bleep] reticle proper,as per courtesy of SWFA.

[Linked Image]

It is indeed Mil/Mil,with .10 erector graduations,with 42.5+ Mils of total latitude. The SFP/FFP "debate" is moot,tracking is simply uncanny and the reticle exceptionally forgiving. Light gathering due the mechanics of a 7mm exit,don't hurt results and rugged/reliability is never

(grin)

The spec's for the SS are impressive, although I've not seen that model in the flesh and I am not sure if its even imported over here. I like that particular reticule and have a very similar one for the Falcon. I picked the illuminated version for use at dusk or while lamping.

Off the top of my head, with a 70m zero, 20 Mil should get me out to 300m, which is more than plenty for my requirements.

So with 26 Mil on the elevation turret and a further 10 Mil on reticule, that side is not an issue, although I really need a 25MOA rail to get the adjustments where they should be..

So while not doubting the prowess of the SS 6x42mm (and its driver) over extreme long range, for what I want, I am not ready to put the Falcon on a stump just yet. I am not blind to its limitations but for now its doing a good job on the bunnies..
Which McMillan pattern do you recommend for the Anschutz 54?
FO, do you have a 54 already?

Jason
4th,

There's farrrrr worse handles to be "stuck" with,than a tweaked 1407.

Last I counted,I had better than a dozen 10/22's/AMT's and I've seen me have more than a leetle fun with one. That being said,the 54 sooooooo steals The Show,that it ain't even funny.

But alas,here I am Polishing Turds.(grin)

Have a coupla AMT's,but this one hasn't been shot much.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Deciding how crazy I wanna go...because I know it's gonna be an Anschutz Show,once the dust settles.(grin)

Rail be D&T'd and balls is rollin'.

Should go Retro Cleanin' on this bitch and simply set it in a jug of saw gas overnight,then Baja 500 the works in the back of my crummy and call it Good 'Nuff. Only way I useta do it.

Think I'll get a plate of glass out and purty it up,just so I can get 'er haggard in an afternoon.(grin)

Pete,

We's prolly largely on the same page,though my variable disdain is hardly a "secret".(grin)

A 10Mil erector swing,is the beginning of a fair shake to see WTF,though I tend to beat on schit harder than that. Especially on sumptin' requiring as much dope as a 22LR. Long scope tubes always make me nervous,because POA/POI always shifts and especially when ring spacing is trite to begin with.

In my 18.5" 54,flingin' the fodder I've salted away for it(40's at 1285fps) and factoring a 1.75" scope height,from sea level in a standard atmosphere(default) and factoring your 70 meter zero...20 Mils of erector travel grants me 405yds of opportunity. 300yds is 12.2 Mils.

We don't really trust you [bleep] from the UK,as we've seen ya' get squirreled up before,so it might just be prudent to withhold sumptin' as good as a Fixed [bleep] from your mitts,if only for your own good.(grin)

One gawk and the Falcon would get launched offa stump.

Hint.

FO,

My favorite done got retired and it's the Annie T-Hole Sillywet,though I've only got a pair of 'em.

Of that which is currently available,I'd prolly default to the "regular" Annie Sillywet. If going Ambi were aconcern,then it'd be their Rimfire Magnum Varmint. I'd order in accords to me and load up on the strongside ergo's. The RMV wouldn't adapt well to the Repeater Conversion and that might could be sumptin' to weigh in advance. Though it'll digest OEM 54 Sporter Repeaters,if you opt that route.

Repeater Conversion guts...which eats modded CZ mags.

[Linked Image]

Annie Sillywet.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/GreatEscape.jpg[/img]

You boys is gonna talk me into a 22LR yet!
Gee,

I'll feign my "surprise",at your lobbing a cartoon.

10/4

back at ya' with a little Imagination and Kodachrome........

lobbing a cartoon........

[Linked Image]

a cute kid.....

[Linked Image]

and other figinations of my imaginement........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Best

GWB

Boxer, I'm trying to get in the game and have a few questions if you please...

I've recently acquired the below single shot 54 with a slightly chopped barrel. It has BKL rings and sits in what I was told is a McMillan stock, although I have no idea what style/model it is..I'm also sure you may be the only person who won't poke fun at the color scheme:)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Scope is a fixed 24 leopold with fine crosshairs and dot. The only other scope I have available to me at the time is a 16 X Mil dot SS.
All of my shooting will be from 25 to a realistic max of 300 yards..would like to go farther but just don't have the real estate at the moment.
I have not yet shot this gun on paper, but assume it will do just fine in that regard and have several types of ammo lined up to test that at first chance.
Had it at 300 yards this last weekend with cheapo ammo and was hitting a 12" gong with ease, which was pleasing to me anyway..
Problem was I had to hold a good couple feet over as the erector was maxed out.

So taking into account I'm new to this gun and game, my questions are as follows..
I know your not a fan of that many X's, but which of those scopes would you recommend in conjunction with which DIP rail to get me to 300, but also allow me to shoot at the closer ranges as well? Tis a vague question I know, as I don't know yet the realistic amount of travel I have in the leopold. All I can say is at 300 it needed help. I'm hoping you or others may have some better experience with this scope and could help in that regard.

I have no problem ordering the 75 DIP but if I couldn't get back down to 50-100 yards with it I'd be cutting myself out of the majority of distance my shooting will take place.
Hope that all makes a bit of sense..? Thanks for any insight.

I can only lead folks to water and admittedly getta kick,outta the dehydration that takes place via the Drooling Do Nothing Dumbfhuqqs.

Dehydration. *grin*

4th,
Very nice FF/Annie Flinging System. Seems that you're staying hydrated. Looking forward to confirmation of intended outcomes....
Gee,

Your plagiarism is awesome!

I'd kick Texas in the nuts,but noone can do that as well as you...when you are trying to do the very opposite and offering your "best". One can never tell if a [bleep] Texan,is bitching or bragging. Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

You certainly don't venture far from concrete or fences.

MPAJ Precision...in the wind no less.

510 Yard Omuletty

Kids connect more dots than you. Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot!

Bless your heart.

'fiable,

You got lucky,that I didn't see that rifle earlier,as it were a nice scoop. I cain't know what the stock is,or isn't,as I don't have that pattern. Looks Pharr/Robertson-ish to me,gawking from the hip.

If I recall,that particular receiver is D&T'd,in conjunction with the dovetail fore and aft on the receiver. Seems I recall that,from the Ad pics accompanying it. That opens numerous doors of opportunity,but I'd be setting the skinny BKL's aside and going Bob extended 25MOA 1913,as a minimum. I'd want it to accept the (6) fasteners,in conjunction with the (4) D&T fasteners,for Tentitude.

BKL make some stuff that'll take a purty good lick,but when talking a dovetail mounting system less any cross slots or recoil pin stops,I want lotsa surface area on the ring/dovetail interface. Their Unitized stuff is beefy,but lacks inclination.

Really gonna be tough to beat an extended 1913 there,due both inclination options and ring spacing.

Now to glass: The 24x fixed Reupold,has little to nothin' as erector latitude goes. That ain't ever a good thang,doubly so in LR Rimfire Pursuits. You've already tasted that suck,at shy of the 300yd line.

On my eldest 54 receiver,before the front receiver ring rated a dovetail,though the rear bridge and barrel did,I tried a 27MOA BKL cantilever with a 12X fixed Reupold. As your reservations correlate,I could not ascertain a 50yd zero,due that modest inclination being beyond the means of such paltry erector "latitude". With the erector bottomed,I was +2.5" at 50yds. Now while that obviously left the balance of the full erector travel upwards,it was still trite in it's range...due simply the design of the glass and it's 1" tube.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It was better than Irons of course,yet well shy of the warm/fuzzy,other than the [bleep] thing always shot knots.(grin) I was torn on what to do with the receiver and gawddamned nearly throwed a S/S Hummer spout on it and was gonna drive it single shot,with a D&T'd top side.

Long story short,it's destined to be grooved up front and wear a 75MOA extended rail,so as to really ring the bell.

Now your concerns in regards to a 75MOA cant is founded and your warm/fuzzy is gonna be a function of the glass destined to ride that arrangement. I do not have a 16X Fixed [bleep](6X,10x and 12X being my herd),so cain't comment in the firsthand,regarding one's total erector travel,though it's gonna be easily twice what your 24X Reupold "offers" and then some. That ain't bad news. To wet your whistle and cover all avenues,while assuring you ain't painted into a corner,I'd simply score a Bob 25MOA 1913 extended rail,toss the 24X in a closet and rock THE schit outta the Fixed [bleep]. You will ASSUREDLY be able to arrange POA/POI intersections from the 25yd line to 400yds+.

Once you ascertained total erector travel of said 16x aboard the 25MOA rail and then extrapolated how much DOWN remained from your predetermined zero,you could then mull the viability of swinging for the fence with the 75MOA version.

So to determine where/when you can arrange the POA/POI intersection ceiling with a given lot of ammo,in regards to your current setup,simply count remaining MOA above your initial zero. Extrapolate that latitude,to a JBM dope chart and you'll KNOW whatcha can do,as per the mechanics of that particular erector and it's current relationship with your existing mounting system. If you had 30MOA remaining,from a 50yd zero...I'd be suplized it was that "forgiving". That is a function of many things,regarding the receiver/barrel concentricity,the concentricity of your dovetail and of course the concentricity of the BKL's. Even bedding can add/subtract latitude.

Now you didn't mention if your 16x Fixed [bleep] is Mildot/MOA system,or a MilQuad/Mil system? Both smoke the 1" 24X,for your intents and by lightyears. Assuming both versions of the 16X mounted with like remaining erector travel,they'd be fully equal as per crosshair intersection Doomsday Machines. The key difference,when really stretching 'er legs,is that he "Traditional" MilDot reticle only tosses an extry 18MOA upon the windshield,while the MilQuad reticle grants twice that,at 36MOA. Also the MQ is easier to hold harder and a better Mouse Trap for reading/dealing subtension values.

So in summation,I'd wager that you've more "adjustment" on a MQ reticle,with a 50yd zero and forgetting it's erector is even there...than you do on the 24X's remaining erector latitude. That means you could arrange POA/POI further downrange via subtending the MQ,than you could dial the 24X. Savvy? Further,there's nothing in the dot/crosshair reticle(which I love upon various Killing Rifles),to assist when the erector dries up and runs out of adjustment,as far as subtension latitude,to coincide POA/POI intersections beyond full erector travel. The MQ or MilDot 16x sure as schit is gonna have more remaining up from a 50yd zero,than the 24X starts with in totality. THEN you can frost it's full travel,with either another 18 or 36MOA,depending upon your reticle. Got it?

This schit is easy. Understatement.

Now let's REALLY connect ya' some [bleep] dots. Here's the (2) versions of the Fixed [bleep]'s 16x reticle.

MQ firstly,MilDot lastly. Eyefhuqq the schit outta 'em and compare/contrast.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The MQ grants a harder hold,because it's reticle is more fine. You can actually see THROUGH the full Mil values,where you cain't on a Traditional MilDot. You see the MQ grants 10 Mils below crosshair intersection and the MilDot only 5. So the MQ affords twice the subtension latitude,as well as offering a harder hold...none of which is bad news. Again,the 16X MilDot blows your 24x outta the [bleep] water,in regards to LR potential. So you've got no poor options,when opting the 16x.

As per the ammo horde I've got and from a 50yd zero,when talking the reticle alone,the MQ will get me to the 280yd line(9.9 Mils). The MilDot will reach 185yds,with same ammo and same zero. So as you've just thunked to yourself: "that [bleep] reticle will reach farther alone,than what I'm doing now!". Yep.(grin)

Hint,Hint,Hint and Re-[bleep]-hint.(grin)

Coming full circle and to spare you such "difficult" decisions,I'll tradeja' a Cooper 21 in 223 for the 54,bare rifle for bare rifle. Then you'll have bragging rights,that you got one over on me. Actually,I'll toss you bases/rings too(steel Talley).

[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/Junk.jpg[/img]

Muzzle Chopped Annie spouts don't aspook me.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/560/kpcp.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/829/w301.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/822/y4hd.jpg[/img]

In case you are wondering,I'd go right to the 75MOA rail and a 10X MilQuad Fixed [bleep] and never look back,as per your rifle.

Hint.

Thank me later,for getting your wheels turning and mind right.(grin)

'gant,

It's easy to tell who's slapping sand outta their ears and who ain't.

"Surprisingly" them "hard charging" Do Nothing Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqqs largely shut up.

Hell...a guy KNOWS going in,that a [bleep] Texas is gonna Whine first,last,longest and loudest.

Laffin'!

It's easy to tell who's slapping sand outta their ears and who ain't.

"Surprisingly" them "hard charging" Do Nothing Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqqs largely shut up.

Hell...a guy KNOWS going in,that a [bleep] Texas is gonna Whine first,last,longest and loudest.

Laffin'!

Rule # 1 never argue with a Retard Hint..and Rule # 2 if your going to post on a forum at least speak English not Ghetto Alaskan. Enano

Getting a little Jealous of Geedubya are we ????? To borrow your Ghetto Alaskan he is horning you up.
B, do the little 22lr's reliably transition sonic okay when you guys lob them out that far?

Gunner
Originally Posted by Certifiable

I've recently acquired the below single shot 54 with a slightly chopped barrel. It has BKL rings and sits in what I was told is a McMillan stock, although I have no idea what style/model it is..I'm also sure you may be the only person who won't poke fun at the color scheme:)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Scope is a fixed 24 leopold with fine crosshairs and dot. The only other scope I have available to me at the time is a 16 X Mil dot SS.
All of my shooting will be from 25 to a realistic max of 300 yards..would like to go farther but just don't have the real estate at the moment.
I have not yet shot this gun on paper, but assume it will do just fine in that regard and have several types of ammo lined up to test that at first chance.
Had it at 300 yards this last weekend with cheapo ammo and was hitting a 12" gong with ease, which was pleasing to me anyway..

So taking into account I'm new to this gun and game, my questions are as follows..
I know your not a fan of that many X's, but which of those scopes would you recommend in conjunction with which DIP rail to get me to 300, but also allow me to shoot at the closer ranges as well? Tis a vague question I know, as I don't know yet the realistic amount of travel I have in the leopold. All I can say is at 300 it needed help. I'm hoping you or others may have some better experience with this scope and could help in that regard.

I have no problem ordering the 75 DIP but if I couldn't get back down to 50-100 yards with it I'd be cutting myself out of the majority of distance my shooting will take place.

You're the one that bought that?

I owe you a kick to the balls.

Travis

'flave,

I cain't comment on how the 1" Bushy 10x is gonna treat you,in regards to a downrange POA/POI intersection ceiling...but an extry 25MOA ain't gonna hurt the equation.

If staying the 1" route,you'll wanna go Burriz Zee's,which is another 40MOA of potential.

Center the windage,while you's there.

Hint.

Having never chronographed your lot of '[bleep] through your rifle and not knowing your atmosphere/elevation,let alone scope height,etc.,so just winging a guesstimate...you're sub 40MOA to 300yds from a 50yd zero. There's worse news.

Lotsa ways to eek that.

Punt the 10x Bushy and go Fixed [bleep],then thank me later.

Re-hint.

I'll slap the Super Chicken on there and give it a go.

Travis
Oldkchunt,

Glad you could summons the courage,to unleash more Imagination and Pretend,because your "best" is [bleep] HILARIOUS! I really enjoy your "knowledge","experience" and "results",as you wax upon eloquent on all the things you've almost done,the wares you almost did it with and a recounting of the places you almost did them. You are a [bleep] Vagenius. Laffin'!

Be sure and point out any/all "big" words that fly over your pointy head and I'll better explain things,just for your "special" needs. Laffin'!

You are doing "great"!

Rather enjoyed this: "Alabama is the only state that does not have a definite daily starting or ending time to their hunt day."

More Of OldKchunt's Drooling Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumbfhuqqery

Ain't it a hoot,how after Showcasing your simply [bleep] amazing Dumbfhuqqtitude,you Clueless [bleep] go right to cramming things in your mouths and azzes?!?

I know,I know...I'm on Imaginary Pretend Ignore,a dog ate all your pictures and your vocation is "rewarding". At which Mall was it again,that you Ninja?!? Laffin'!

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooo [bleep] hard! Imitation is THE most sincere form of Flattery and despite how "valiantly" you try,Pretend ain't Real.

Wow +P+!

That was close,you [bleep] near said sumptin' about The Rifle,but even a poor poor stupid [bleep] like you,KNOWS better. Looking forward to more Excuses and a fresh batcha' Whine,as you perpetually reiterate obliviously,what an incredibly [bleep] slooooowwwwww "learner" you are.

Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

'500,

If I can catch some nice light and modest winds,I'll roll some video and you can tell me.(grin)

Nice when you can see 'em fly on tape,with sun glinting their heels in conjunction with the atmospheric disturbance of their wake,in this dry Desert air.

Purty good Show.

flave,

I smell a Bushy 10x,getting launched offa [bleep] stump.

ToldjaSo.(grin)

(Addendum: I'll try to fire the Reality Catcher up,if only to kick some more Imagination and Pretend in their kchunts)

It's a good way to correlate come-ups and windage holds.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Rah-Jah that.

Gunner
Boxer: what rings do you like to use to situate the super chicken atop the rail?

Hint,Hint,Hint and Re-[bleep]-hint.(grin)

Coming full circle and to spare you such "difficult" decisions,I'll tradeja' a Cooper 21 in 223 for the 54,bare rifle for bare rifle. Then you'll have bragging rights,that you got one over on me. Actually,I'll toss you bases/rings too(steel Talley).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

B'

see'n your luv for Rimfires,

if'n you'd trade that Cooper Varminter for this Savage, I'd be obliged.

[Linked Image]

ya' wouldn't even have to toss in the rings as I have a set of Leupold WAM's that will work just fine.

Send me a copy of the license of the FFL to where you want it shipped.

Ya know B, I�m absolutely shocked!!!!

The other day when these two followed me home I couldn�t help but think, ya� know, these would be B� approved.
[Linked Image]
Synthetic, Fugly, Garish and Talley Lightweights���.

Then you go and post a pix displaying the warmth of wood.
Prettynicestik of wood on that Varminter. Even if I do say so myself.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of ���..
[Linked Image]

But I�m surprised you didn�t top it with WAM�s
[Linked Image]

Oh well, C�est la vie!

Enjoy your Cooper
As I certainly enjoy mine����.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/alb...-bf98-66822ca16d4b_zps0eeb0e58.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_8919.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/DSCN7652.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN5882.jpg[/img]

Best,

GWB
FO, do you have a 54 already?

No. However, I'll more than likely have one in my mitts in the not too distant future...

Stick,
Obliged. I thought that was the pattern, but the thumbhole threw me. Guessing McMillan hasn't offered it for awhile.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You're the one that bought that?

I owe you a kick to the balls.
Flave, the gentleman and I were able to come to some agreeable trade terms..
And please don't cyber-bully my balls, my wife will get jealous.

Travis
I hope it shoots like schit.

Travis
Boxer, much appreciate all the info, give me some time to wrap my head around it and I will assuredly be back with more questions

The 16x is mil dot..I have a flimsy at best grasp on what your saying about the advantages of the milquad system but will shift my brain into gear and try to learn up. In regards to lack of loopy travel being a handicap, It won't pain me to slap the 24x on another rifle and go with the SS on the 54 if need be.

It was indeed you spout chopping chronicles that let me be unfazed in acquiring a shortened barrel. I don't anticipate any problems in that department.
I guess I'll need to play around a bit with the erector like you said and see if the 75 rail will work or if I should just stick with the smaller rail.

Appreciate the cooper offer, it's a beauty, but I am exited to acquire this 54 and start playin around in the next zip code. Besides, how can I be assured the barrel went thru proper break in procedures..(grin)

[Linked Image]
the 223 in the back is keeping me busy in that dept anyway..
Thanks for all the help again... I'm in it to win it now
I hope it shoots like schit.

Travis
[Linked Image]
Bad pic but there are a set of gongs in that dirt v-shaped area to the lower right of the large solitary tree at a lasered 300 yardos.. As stated I was hittin that 12 incher with ease, first time playin with this contraption. It appears to have promise.. If things don't work out maybe we can work a trade for a flave precision 12-pack of natties or somethin..??
You rotten bastard.

Sweet rifle. Wish I beat you to it.

Travis
I'm only rotten on the inside:)
I can feel the love...and thanks, I have high hopes!
Certifiable,

Are you only interested in extreme long range with your new rifle?

I ask because x16 or x24 are pretty specialised scopes, where as a x10 would be much more versatile especially if you wanted to hunt small game.

That reticule Stick recommends is excellent, but you need to quite thinking of bullet drop in terms of "Y inches at X yards," but rather in Mil. Now with your reticule calibrated in Mil, your turrets adjustments in Mil and your drop chart in Mil, things all of a sudden get easy. You can calculate your drop in Mil using a ballistic calculator such as the one at JBM

This will give you decent ball park figures which you can then refine/verify by shooting at the distances concerned..

Some scopes are available with similar style reticules, but calibrated in MOA, so as an alternative, you could go all MOA.

What you really want to avoid is mixing your units ie a scope with Mildot reticule, 1/4MOA click turrets and drop charts in inches per 100 yards..people make such combinations work, but aligning all your units makes life so much more simple.
Link Link Link Link

Annie 54 75MOA 1913 Extended Rail

You bitches have until the 4th of July to pre pay said item and then the run will be made,with expected delivery 60-ish days after the fact. Rail pictured on the site,is not the actual...if only because the actual ain't been built yet.(grin)

The actual will of course include a total of (10) fasteners. (6) for the set screws and (4) to mate OEM D&T spacing,I was on the horn,to confirm that very thang.

'6,

Ring height,is sumptin' that needs to jive with comb height. When in doubt,you certainly can't go too low,especially on a 30mm glass and talkin' a ring/rail arrangement.

I'm a fan of increased ring/scope tube interface,as well as ring/rail interface and of course increased ring spacing. It's gonna be tough to whoop Warne Maxima's there,as they are lower than most and offer a nice blend of attributes.

Maxima's danglin' in midair,as compared to Reupie PRW's(which I love). Both afford nice surface area and typical concentricity,if only because I've more than a smattering of each and am comfy there,in such determinations.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'd default Maxima.

Gee',

You just keep right on "hard charging".

I'm [bleep] crying,I'm laughing sooooooo hard!

FO',

I PM'd you the above Rink.

Don't linger.(grin)

'fiable,

Read the Post again. Then do it again. Then hit me with a PM and I'll give you the Golden Ticket...with my phone number and get your mind REALLY right.(grin)

The 24x is on the shelf and you cain't even know it yet!

Now,grab the 16x and note where your current zero is,upon it's lineal erector scale. That so you can return to it,after confirming total erector travel latitude. Simply count hash marks from bottom and denote it.

Then dial your turret down(each revolution being 15 MOA),until you reach the limits of it's travel. That is the unused portion of the erector,essentially tossed into the garbage can,aboard your current system. From there,count total travel upwards and spill your guts on whatcha' have top to bottom. I reckon it to be 150MOA anyways. If you've 150 on tap,total...the 75MOA rail will do you proud. You'll be able to gun a 50yd zero and stretch things right the [bleep] out.

I'm with you,in that few [bleep] things are more worthless than a gawddamned Cooper and I reckon that ain't because,I don't have one.(grin)

You are gonna flip the [bleep] out,once you savvy the inherent potential of the platform,in conjunction with the 75MOA rail.

ToldjaSo.(grin)

'flave,

How long until your 64 is tilted and Fix [bleep]?!?

Pete,

10x is a forgiving ceiling,but a 16x Fixed [bleep],blows a 1" Reupie 24X outta da' water. UGLY style!

With his 16x being MOA erector and Mil reticle,I'd be hip on going Retrostalgic in dialing ele and sliding wind on the glass. One can still chase subtention via splash and hold-off on the 2nd attempt,whether it in height or drift.

I concur that the MQ reticle is superior in this avenue,but I'd bolt that 16x on sooooooo [bleep] fast,you'd not believe it. It's far and away the most potential,of that which lays at his immediate opportunity.

So I'd be very much thinking in MOA,as per the erector and Mils for wind. That as a means of tidily hedging a bet and making copious "luck". Once a guy is outta erector(and he knows well in advance where that threshold is),come-ups beyond that distance can be easily extrapolated in advance to Mils,as the final curtain call. Hardly "daunting",if given an advanced thunk and there's NEVER any [bleep] reason to be counting fingers & toes to arrange such splendors.

The phone call,smooths all.(grin)

'flave,

Bob said it's shipping today. And Ideeho isn't far from Montana so I'd say she'll be bed, floated, angled, and scoped by next Wednesday.

Travis
Pete,

10x is a forgiving ceiling,but a 16x Fixed [bleep],blows a 1" Reupie 24X outta da' water. UGLY style!

With his 16x being MOA erector and Mil reticle,I'd be hip on going Retrostalgic in dialing ele and sliding wind on the glass. One can still chase subtention via splash and hold-off on the 2nd attempt,whether it in height or drift.

I concur that the MQ reticle is superior in this avenue,but I'd bolt that 16x on sooooooo [bleep] fast,you'd not believe it. It's far and away the most potential,of that which lays at his immediate opportunity.

So I'd be very much thinking in MOA,as per the erector and Mils for wind. That as a means of tidily hedging a bet and making copious "luck". Once a guy is outta erector(and he knows well in advance where that threshold is),come-ups beyond that distance can be easily extrapolated in advance to Mils,as the final curtain call. Hardly "daunting",if given an advanced thunk and there's NEVER any [bleep] reason to be counting fingers & toes to arrange such splendors.

The phone call,smooths all.(grin)

Was looking at the SS range of fixed powers and they are very modestly priced forwhat you get. If I was your side of the pond, I would move on the x24, and get a nice shiny new 10x42MQ just because life is to short to mess about with mixed units...But hey, that's me, I like an easy life!

Whats your take on the side focus ~V~ rear focus found on some of the range?

Regards,

Peter

PS Still trying to find a polar bear and a snow field to check the resolution on the Falcon! grin

'flave,

Bob said it's shipping today. And Ideeho isn't far from Montana so I'd say she'll be bed, floated, angled, and scoped by next Wednesday.

Travis

Flave gimme a full report on how that works as I've got a 64 action Bee that might be gettin the treatment next [Linked Image]
Pete, no it will primarily be a shorter range gun but I kinda want my cake and eat it too..hence me asking about the scope/rail options. Shootin at distance with these is affordable coupled with way too much fun.
Everything you and boxer say about the milquad reticles can't be denied, I won't even try to argue. But I gots to do some learning on the subject first. The mildot 16x is paid for and sittin so it's most likely gonna find a home on the 54..and again 300 yards is as far as I can go at the time.

If things change later and I get knowledged up, I won't hesitate to make the milquad jump..
Pete, no it will primarily be a shorter range gun but I kinda want my cake and eat it too..hence me asking about the scope/rail options. Shootin at distance with these is affordable coupled with way too much fun.
Everything you and boxer say about the milquad reticles can't be denied, I won't even try to argue. But I gots to do some learning on the subject first. The mildot 16x is paid for and sittin so it's most likely gonna find a home on the 54..and again 300 yards is as far as I can go at the time.

If things change later and I get knowledged up, I won't hesitate to make the milquad jump..

The choice between Mildot and Milquad is not a big factor..Both have sub divisions based on Mils. Your Mildot has 5 Mils "of drop" below the horizontal of the crosshairs, where as the the Milquad has 10 Mils

So lets say you own the latest ".25 1/2 Super" and on your Mildot scope, to reach 600m you had to holdover using the 5th Mildot..To go any further, you need to start spinning the elevation turret..

However with the Milquad, you've got any additional 5 Mils of hash marks, meaning you could hold over using the 10th mil hash mark and get out to say 900m with out needing to turn turrets..So the Milquad and Mildot are very similar in concept, but the Milquad has 5 more Mils so will get you further.

Now on what is termed a Mil/Mil scope, the clicks on the turrets are also in Mils, typically with one click = .1 Mil.

So on my scope if I need 15 Mils of elevation to reach 800m, I can either spin the turrets 150 clicks, or spin it 50 clicks (5mils) and use the 10th Mil hash mark on the Milquad reticule to give me another 10mils.

On your scope however, you have MOA turrets, and I am guessing 1click = 1/4MOA so you now need to do a calculation to figure how many clicks equals a Mil ect..its doable, but not so easy..

Going back to a Mil/Mil scope, another example..

Lets say I take a shot at a target approx. 642m away and my drop chart says I need 3.8Mils to get me to650m. I therefore dial in 38 clicks which equals 3.8Mils of elevation and take the shot. I watch for the "splash" and see the shot lands short a couple of feet cause I estimated the range wrong.

Using the Mil hash marks or Mil dots on the reticule of the scope, I can now measure how many Mil hash marks/dots there are from my POI to the Point of Impact. Lets say the bullet hit .5Mils low.

For my second shot, I therefore know I need to add an additional .5Mils of elevation or in other words, another 5 clicks on the elevation turret.

You could do a similar thing just as easily if a scope had an MOA reticule and MOA turrets ie its whats termed "MOA/MOA", but when you mix the units ie MOA turrets and Mildot reticule as in your scope, a different approach is needed, plus some calculations.

As I said before, its doable, but less straight forward and in fact Boxer in his previous post makes some suggestions as to how to get around the issue..

Regards

Peter

Edited to add: Boxer can correct me if I am wrong as I've not run the figures, but I have a strong hunch that to get out to 300yards with your .22LR and that x16 scope, you will manage fine with a 25MOA rail, and the 75MOA rail is really only needed for very long range shooting well in excess of that.
'flave,

You's gonna schit!

ToldjaSo.(grin)

Pete,

I'm a great fan of the rear mounted focus. It's less obtrusive,easy to get too and will of course fend licks better.

I've lonnnggggg gunned MOA erectors and suffered OldSchool MilDots,so they ain't Greek to me or even close. On a fast stepping/high BC centerfire,I'm more apt to factor reticle substension on an OldSchool reticle,than I am a 22LR which requires a whole bunch more correction.

With the 22LR,I'm simply gonna gun the erector for ele,slide wind on the glass,then as a last resort stack the remaining 5 Mils in the windshield,atop a maxed out erector,in order to reach the limits of the platform. Oh I might could remember some closer range substension come-ups,for hasty movers too.(grin) The 16x will track like it has eyes and the depths of the erector's adjustment latitude,is very warm and very fuzzy.

So with a known velocity,a known BC and a known atmosphere...ele corrections ain't gonna be much of an issue,though wind assuredly is. I tend to extrapolate chamberings/boolits at the 1:1 Ratio and that is the distance at which 1MPH of wind,shifts impact 1MOA. That's an intellesting correlation,that reliably [bleep] with heads. The impetus isn't to factor drift in inches,MOA or Mils...but accurately judge wind to the MPH. Different than the way most folks try to connect them dots,but it's the best way to learn it.

My drift charts are all factored in a 10MPH full value and deviations in wind speed are lineal shifts. Directional changes,are as well. My intent is to weigh the direction and velocity of the wind in MPH,which is then a lineal relation with my 10MPH dope. So numerous gents can be gunning a wide spectrum of headstamps/boolits,yet still be fending a like atmospheric condition. Their drift values are assuredly gonna be different(due both BC and velocity),but if all make accurate influx determinations,the connect percentages will be alike. Now NOONE reads the wind with 100% accuracy and to fend connect percentages shy of same,one obviously opts the best melding of boolit velocity/BC. To hone wind skills,the 1:1 Ratio is a nice barometer of relative evaluation.

So my LFB hits the 1:1 Ratio at the 1425yd line. A 105 Berger Hybrid at a modest 3300fps in a standard atmosphere at sea level,eats 10MOA of 10MPH full value wind at the 1425yd line.

Flip side. In a 54 Anschutz flingin' Eley EPS at 1100fps,in like conditions/atmosphere,the 1:1 Ratio is at the 280yd line. Noone connects them dots...yet most are afforded ample 280yd opportunity,where 1425 is a literal stretch. The skills requisite in each scenario,are identical. Hint.

A 16x Fixed [bleep] will reach the 300yd line from a 25yd zero,on a "flat" based 22LR and easily. That ain't the issue,the issue is how much erector latitude one's tossing in the garbage can,unknowingly. One is throwing more erector travel away,than the Leupold 24X has in it's whole enchilada,which is prolly the point.(grin)

Now it don't add great expense,great weight or any other concession(s),to reap a far greater slice of the inherent latitude available at one's finger tips. Worst case scenario is,now and again a guy gets his ass handed to him by the wind. There are worse things to "suffer" and pushing the overall skill set,while building familiarity with a platform and it's ammo,ain't the worst of news.(grin)

Though you'll always run the "risk" of Gibby cleaning your clock,with Kentucky Windage,fueled heavily with Imagination and Pretend.

Laffin'!

'fiable,

Elevation is Physics...Wind is VooDoo.

Simply count how much the 16x has in it's ele travel(does not matter,if it's on a rifle or not) and then it's easy to extrapolate inclination moves from that determination. If you've 150MOA or more,the 75MOA rail is your bitch.

For converation,a 10MPH full value wind slide,via the above cited Eley EPS at 1100fps,transpires at the 520yd line. Hint. The erector come-up,to lace same is 103.5MOA...which is 7 spins(105MOA and 1.5 skinned out). NEVER think "clicks",ALWAYS think whole values.

You've alotta bases very WELL covered.

Just got off the horn with you,so you can know what I mean.(grin) With 120MOA on tap,the 25MOA rail is your Huckleberry.

Killer Rifle you've got there.

Toldja I had the hacksaw cooling off,as you rang.

[Linked Image]

Now after talking about your receiver,you see the (6) set screws and understand their function...though this is an AMT 10/22 and there's breech block concerns inherent(base moving under recoil).

[Linked Image]

Fixed [bleep] erector denotations,as per the vertical scale on a MilQuad.

[Linked Image]

Spill your guts,after you get 'er running WFO.
Originally Posted by Montivigant

Dehydration. *grin*

4th,
Very nice FF/Annie Flinging System. Seems that you're staying hydrated. Looking forward to confirmation of intended outcomes....

Monti,

You have no idea how excited I was to learn about the 1407r Chese-schutz. Best news I'd heard in a long time regarding rifles by a mile. When you consider the action, stock, and repeater conversion its a no-brainer.

I'd been looking for a beater 54 for awhile and didn't find much for ~$800-1000. Boxer spilled the frijoles on the 1407r and I called Mark ASAP, and gave him a deposit. I don't think Mark was used to deposits, but I wasn't losing my spot in line grin The 1407r wasn't much more than a beater 54.

Those that doddled have missed out on the 1407r. My bud at work is waiting for his... one from the last batch.

I'd already done longrange 22lr shooting with a CZ, RT rail, and 20x Super Chicken... around 2009. I have no interest in owning another CZ grin

Jason

POS CZ...

[Linked Image]

Link Link Link Link

Annie 54 75MOA 1913 Extended Rail

You bitches have until the 4th of July to pre pay said item and then the run will be made,with expected delivery 60-ish days after the fact. Rail pictured on the site,is not the actual...if only because the actual ain't been built yet.(grin)

The actual will of course include a total of (10) fasteners. (6) for the set screws and (4) to mate OEM D&T spacing,I was on the horn,to confirm that very thang.

Done. Ordered qty=2.

Thanks,

Jason
I just ordered mine too.
4th,

I've more than one rifle and there ain't too much under the sun,that I've not gunned. That being said,I cain't think of anything warmer or fuzzier,than tearing open my 1407R's shipping container and being inundated with the smell of Hoppe's #9,as I slid the works outta it's parcel and lay eyes upon it's Teutonic Splendors.

It is nice when Theory meets Application and one's highest of hopes,are capably exceeded and simply blown outta the water. Mark's Craftsmanship takes things to a whole 'nother level and is readily apparent,long before the glass is mounted.

When guys call me after having ripped their parcels open and give me the "Holy [bleep] Schit!" talk,all I can do is giggle and nod my head in accordance because I get it. Then they call back,after mounting glass and say "HOLY [bleep] Schit!!!!" all over again.(grin)

I can think of no better way to align the warm/fuzzy,than to unleash an MPAJ Anschutz,that wears a copious erector,that unerringly repeats.

This R&R got cut short,so I peel a week early and it appears that the onshore "breeze" is gonna do no favors while I'm off. So it'll be tough to coincide an illuminated heel,thrashing through an unsuspecting atmosphere,as video goes. It's more of a BC 101 atmosphere,but I'll try to garner sumptin' that correlates.

Purty sure Bob is shaking his head,wondering WTF hit him,as he pencils in more players.(grin)

MCH,

Good call.

Play coy and let Gibby try to take your wager.

Laffin'!
Link Link Link Link Link...below.

Annie 54 75MOA Rail

Offer ends July 4.

Hint.
Thanks, I'll take advantage. BTW I appreciate your Knowledge, but your lack of personal awareness is becoming your caricature...

Best
Charlie
I'm afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

Just got back from having a pard dabble my GAP Camp 54/10X MQ Fixed [bleep] in swirlin' winds and he's cutting checks too. Trip cost him a coupla 54's,several 75MOA rails,a small herd of Fixed [bleep] and a RAR Hummer.

Funny how it actually works.

Good talk.

Laffin'!
Boxer,

What the hell is MPAJ? Gots to know...
Monkey-Pfuking-A-Jug

Shooting from field positions with a rucksack as a rest. Maybe... make-shift bags if one gets fancy. Usually no bi-pod, and sure as heck no bench of any sort.

While I am not afforded your luxury, I am indeed envious, to be right every time. Must be sumptin' to feel that way...

Charlie
Mojo',

4th' nailed it.

I'd liken it akin to using The Force,in that it encompasses making the best move in the mount,regarding that which is available.

I'm certainly a Ruck Slut and am happiest with my dick in the dirt.

4th,

Got some good use outta the SFT/Manfrotto melding today,though nothing much beyond the 600yd line,due the rather sporty wind velocity.

It'd prolly be fair to term it High Brow MPAJ.(grin)

'05,

It ain't a "feeling",it's a fact and them differences is beyond stark.

Results happen to interest me.

Hint.

Gotta love the SFT. Did you ever get to making an Alu version? To be honest, I like that ABS version that you made. No extra weight in the pack.

Been thinking about the 3D printer at work for making more SFT, but with the ABS pipe I don't know that it's worth the trouble. ABS is also "weld-able" so one could get creative with the mounting or details. Did some of that with moto fairings.
Couldn't source any aluminum at work(there was miles of S/S,which I deemed too heavy) and my Boat Guy is slammed,with the opener being but days away now...so it fell to the back burner. I'm rather content with the ABS and everyone who tastes it,gets the look in their eye and goes to ordering legs/heads to accommodate same.

Brother Dave made a good point yesterday,as he was airing The Gas Passer out with the BBMFER and said "this would rock for a Moose Hunt" and we sorta reflected on how there wouldn't be too much it wouldn't excel at,assuming a guy could justify the weight/bulk. Wooftitude is a common Theme of intent,that keeps getting mentioned by all parties and Krunchenticker Sales ain't exactly taking a beating,here as of late.(grin)

He said he ordered (3) Fixed [bleep] once he got home and after they're mounted and barking,I'd look for a true herd to be destined to his Mail Box. He's got both MOA/Mil and Mil/Mil coming. For use on a Killing Rifle,the 6x42 MilDot seems to be holding it's own,rather nicely. A few pards went that route,due the current MQ's lack of supply for the last coupla months and though the MilDot were a distant second choice. That glass has very much gained favor by all users. Took a quick evening spin yesterday to gun a few zero's and connect some dots,with (3) 6x MilDot Fixed [bleep] in my crummy...which weren't mine. (1) on a Montucky 223AI,another on a Custom 700 243Win and the last on a Custom 10/22. So thus far,noone who's gunnned same can refrain and there is a couple/dozen of 'em in the neighborhood,with more being added all the time. Once everyone is back to normal after the Commercial Fishing Season(s),I reckon it'll be raining Fixed [bleep].(grin)

Then there will be more than a few trying to play catch-up,on the missed 1407R opportunity and trying to pull rabbits outta hats. I know Dave is needing a pair and a coupla other pards are thinking along similar lines. The last of the 1407R deliveries should be happening directly and those are only gonna make them who is late to The Show,even more feverish in their desires to replicate same. Guys who don't even know what a 54 is,are salting rails away.

Funny how it works and a good Feeding Frenzy gets everyone on track.(grin)
Gee - I have grips like those on the MKII, and you sport a good trigger, consider a Volquartsen Rear - Bomar from east TX closed. A red dot would be sweet. Ran a EER 2x w/good results but the old Burris 3x is a good balance...FOV, etc.

Curious how do those Colts shoot?
Boxer, I had CPC Chop/zero tolerance chamber a 10/22 Butler Creek SS Bull and work the cuts 77/22 style, at 17" - been a fave, bugholes WW PPs at 50yds.

Wise of you to increase speed on those friction dragging inches.

Think my BC bbl has a 14 ROT, wonder what wonderslick would snipe.
'Flave Precision is a day ahead of schedule:

[Linked Image]

Mini-Flavette accompanied me and she was bogartin' ammo so I only made it to the 150. But so far this thing is bad-[bleep]'-ass.

I'm glad I thought of this.

Travis
LMAO
damn but flave precision makes some nice rifles.
I need to get him to build me up one.
'Flave Precision is currently taking orders.

Travis
'Flave Precision is currently taking orders.

Travis

[Linked Image]

does it come with test targets?

GWB
'Flave Precision rifles are proven in the field. Not the range.

[Linked Image]

Travis

[Linked Image]

Travis

10/4

Just fer schitz n giggles, a few questions before I place my order,

Do your "test critters" come packed in dry ice or they dessicated?

Do you provide a video documenting the POI versus POA and distance.

Can I have yellow tape for the barrel, and matching "san serif" font on my GFY

and finally,

[Linked Image]

does FP come with a starter kit?

Best,

GWB

[Linked Image]

Travis

I bet those taste good�..

GWB

I eat the test critters.

I can send you a video, but you may not like it.

I do not know what san serif means.

Travis
Flave..keep the reports comin, as I may still decide to throw a DIP and FF on my mark XXII if Mr. Pink doesn't fully scratch that itch..

GWB

I eat the test critters.

Travis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sans-serif

GWB

I eat the test critters.

Travis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sans-serif

[Linked Image]

in other words, fonts that don't have those "hangy down" parts.

Best,

GWB

PS: I'll take a dozen, Send me an invoice!

Dyin'........you crazy sumbishes are crackin' me up.

[Linked Image]
I did not tell you to stop.

Carry on,

BD
DD, you're a thread killa, man
I've spread death all over the planet. It haunts me.

I admit though that I did discriminate whilst doing so. And profiled. It's hard to race in a chopper though.
BD,

Mini-'flave and I hit the range after dinner so he could give this thing a try. I ballparked schit on paper and then handed it to mini for some reactive stuff.

These were his first two shots.

Travis
Very Cool.
nice shootin, mini flave!
Very Cool.

'Flave had to UBE one as well.

Travis
I know we seem ridiculously impressed by these short ranges but we've never shot any 22LR that is this consistent @ those ranges. Very little wind out there and it was half value, but we were still dialing at least 3 MOA to stay on target. Then of course things would die, and we'd miss. Then pick up, and you'd have to dial again. Lots of fun. We need to try it with wind flags.

This was all with CCI Mini [bleep]. I need a case of that Eley or some other high end schit.

[Linked Image]

Travis
Hey he's a better shot than my bud Bruce.........

or his son Bryan........

can you believe it took him 3 shots to hit a coffee can full of tannerite at 200 yds...

Best,

GWB

'Dub,

This thread is about me now.

Travis
No it is all about Mini Flave now.
10/4

My bad,

[Linked Image]

let me know how I may be of assistance!!

GWB
Gee, I'd reconsider. The serif's may give you more stability in the field, if they don't add to much weight for you old [bleep]. grin

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by dave284
Gee, I'd reconsider. The serif's may give you more stability in the field, if they don't add to much weight for you old [bleep]. grin

[Linked Image]

OK, but just address me as Omar Serif

Best,

GWB
Kudos to Mini-Flave!

And the rest of you polecats; just knew you still had it in ya!

grin

I wish I could see 200 yards down here. Might have to take the .250 pig whackin'.
No it is all about Mini Flave now.

WTF?

Kid's stealin' my thunder.

Travis
I know we seem ridiculously impressed by these short ranges but we've never shot any 22LR that is this consistent @ those ranges. Very little wind out there and it was half value, but we were still dialing at least 3 MOA to stay on target. Then of course things would die, and we'd miss. Then pick up, and you'd have to dial again. Lots of fun. We need to try it with wind flags.

This was all with CCI Mini [bleep]. I need a case of that Eley or some other high end schit.

[Linked Image]

Travis

Nice shooting by your mini-me. And that's a pretty nice looking range for middle-of-nowhere Montana!
By the by, 220 yards is the old standard for BP bench competition under the NRC back in the late 1800s. Also known as 40 rods. They used real guns back then. The .22 is a fine substitute for such things.

[Linked Image]

Aspiring LR shooters needs lots of rods.
I'm not sure I understand how you boys are shooting that far,but it seems like it would be fun.

Best info I've read so far,was Gibby's Tutorial on drop/drift corrections.

Appreciate everyone's time.
I'm not sure I understand how you boys are shooting that far,but it seems like it would be fun.

Boxer,

There are knob thingy's on the side and top of the scope. You twist those to make the bullet do different stuff.

The more you twist your knob, the better you get at it.

Hope this helps.

Travis
By the by, 220 yards is the old standard for BP bench competition under the NRC back in the late 1800s. Also known as 40 rods. They used real guns back then. The .22 is a fine substitute for such things.

[Linked Image]

My Dan, what a big barrel you have.

Travis
Originally Posted by MojoHand

Nice shooting by your mini-me. And that's a pretty nice looking range for middle-of-nowhere Montana!

Middle of nowhere? Havre is the biggest city on the Hi-Line.

Travis

[Linked Image]

Travis

Yes. It weighs 47# as I recall. It takes a lot of powder to push 1300 grains of lead 40 rods. They look like the Hindenburg. I'm sorry to report it has a slow twist even if there are 18 grooves in the .56 caliber hole at the end. Mini Flave would kill to shoot such things. Belongs to a friend down in Ft. Likkerdale.

.22s are cheaper.

I like crankin' my knob too.

BD

[Linked Image]

Travis

Hope this helps.

Travis

+1 on that. LOL

Best,

GWB

[Linked Image]

how is it for offhand shooting?
It does OK offhand. You'll notice the flat piece on the barrel bottom about 6" behind the muzzle? Purpose to rest the barrel on your range assistants head whilst addressing the target on you hind legs. There is intrinsic advantage to your assistant having a flat head, not to be confused with being a Flathead.

Their necks get tired after about 20 shots and it's prudent to bring some wipes along to clean the powder residue off their faces about every 5-6 rounds. Good part is they tend to become bonded to the job after a very short period since they wind up deaf as wall clock. OSHA doesn't know about this job specialty.

If the assistant is a wench and has a flat head it's win/win.

Hope this helps.

Travis

Travis is correct.

Boxer,

There are knob thingy's on the side and top of the scope. You twist those to make the bullet do different stuff.

Hope this helps.

Travis

Great news. I'll get one of mine and set here in front of the t.v. and twist them all night. By in the morning I'll be expert.

Thanks,
Dave.
Well shoot, my plans are ruined. They only twisted so far and then got tight. Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow and put a pipe wrench to them.

Dave.
I ordered me one of them scopes with the Tourettes today and look forward to breaking it in,like they do on Snipershide.

Hope the Millett rings arrive,so I can see what all the fuss is about.
I ordered me one of them scopes with the Tourettes today and look forward to breaking it in,like they do on Snipershide.

Hope the Millett rings arrive,so I can see what all the fuss is about.

Millet rings suck. Stop being a cheap ass.

Travis

Is that the model with the "GFY" retikool?
'flave,

You are now on Imaginary Pretend Ignore and this may,or may not be...my last Post.

A lot of stop signs and beer boxes have been happily killed in this World,with Millett rings.

DD,

German #4 for LR Precision and a CDS Tourette.

Boxer,

Hope this helps.

Travis

Damn, That's what U-D and L-R means! Learn something every day here.

I have noticed I am getting more drop/drift as I get older. More drip also.
'flave,

You are now on Imaginary Pretend Ignore and this may,or may not be...my last Post.

A lot of stop signs and beer boxes have been happily killed in this World,with Millett rings.

You can kill it, with Millett. Barely.

Travis
'flave,

DD,

I hope you notified John Burns about his post.
My son and I are gonna hit the tanning beds and hit the range this afternoon.

Travis

For future ref, that is a GFY retikool with knobs. I copyrighted that but you can use it if it suits.

Crank 'em if you got 'em.
I have the Nazi #1 reticle with turrets. It's pretty uber.

Travis
Ach, Sie haben Ihre Knopf gekr�pft letzter Zeit????!
Er hat es selbst getan.

Dave.
Ich verstehe. Aber es war mit der rechten hand oder links?
Travis liebt es, seine kn�pfe kurbel in beide richtungen.

Er ist der meister uber kurbel
Holy nazis! Don't you queers know stuff made in Germany sucks?

Mini-'Flave spray tanned so well, he's almost invisible. Burns would be UBER proud and it really shows up in his shooting:
[Linked Image]

We were minute o' gallon of paint can @ 300 yesterday. Minor technical difficulties with film development. Will try again this evening.

Travis
Nice uber tan! Did Burns open up a tanning salon for the public?

That's proprietary.

Travis
Uber cool!

That's proprietary.

Travis

Snork! smile

John
Holy nazis! Don't you queers know stuff made in Germany sucks?

Gawd, we can only hope...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Will see that and raise ya two.

[Linked Image]

Travis, do you feel the love?
BASTID! You stole that pic from me!

Lets see what I can come up with�

Just for the sake of argument, lets call this one german..

[Linked Image]
I am growing fond of Germany. Except for the warm beer.
Here's your ginger German...

[Linked Image]
I assumed my anschutz would come with one of those blonde bipod attachments...

I'm not about to accept responsibility for being wrong, so may start call out thread.

Still hopin' that Travis is right.

Gherfugelwisen?

[Linked Image]
Thanks be unto Zeus for German stuff that sucks.

[Linked Image]
Silhouette Man?

[Linked Image]

Mask? Cape? Crusader for all things Right?
BD,

Those nazi chicks look like every other chick I've ever seen. Hot, lustful for 'flave, and drinking alcohol.

Mini-'flave's name for that costume is Uber-man. He has been wearing it all over town on his summer vacation. He walks into Dairy Queen, and orders. He also hits the playground and skate park. He says it's extremely difficult to not laugh when people ask him questions, but his schtick is to act like he has no idea what they are talking about when people ask about the outfit.

He really is funny as [bleep]. Lazy too. But going hungry will cure that at some point I am sure.

Wind is off the charts right now. Really wanna hit the range...

Travis
Uber-man.....my ribs hurt...

Tell him to keep with the poker face, it will take him far in life.

BD

PS: Don't fret the wind. B-17 waist gunners always had a 160 knot crosswind.

OTOH, I recall a match in Cody that was cancelled with the target backers (4x8' ply) blew away. They had been screwed to 4x4 posts with drywall screws. Raises the question about lead or lag, no?
He's the funniest moron I've ever met. Aside from me of course.

Valid point on the waist gunners. Although I do prefer a baseline prior to the 160 knot experience...

Travis
Uber-man.....my ribs hurt...

Tell him to keep with the poker face, it will take him far in life.

BD

[Linked Image]

still don't hurt to remind him early that a man's gotta know his limitations.........

Best,

GWB
She's UBER!

Travis
I think you meant Flubber!
BD,

Mini-'flave and I hit the range after dinner so he could give this thing a try. I ballparked schit on paper and then handed it to mini for some reactive stuff.

These were his first two shots.

Travis

You might as well give him all your gear as he is going to best you from now on.

twofish

He has a lot to learn about cheating before he starts besting me.

Travis
My Dad used to tell me old age and treachery will beat youth and vigor, or as he called it "being full of piss and vinegar", every time.

twofish
Er kann die H�nde wechseln und verpassen einen Schlaganfall.

Meister cranker.

Dave.
I actually think gains a stroke or two.

twofish

[Linked Image]
Is the guy behind that full figured woman looking for blue bikini tops legs?
[/quote]

[Linked Image]
Is the guy behind that full figured woman looking for blue bikini tops legs?
[/quote]

10/4
Think so.

Reminds me of an oldie I hadn't thought of in years........

A fraternity pledge, wounded by pranks, was suspicious when one of the frat rats offered to set him up with a blind date. "No way! She'd turn out to be a pimply sweathog!"

"No, no," the rat assured. "This chick's a knockout!"

The pledge, still suspicious, gives in and allows the rat to make the date.

Later that evening, the pledge walks up to the front door of his date's house. He knocks and is admitted by a distinguished looking man. "Step right in, my boy, she'll be right down!"

Soon afterwards, a beautiful girl appears at the door, seated in a wheelchair. "Geez," the pledge thinks to himself, "I'm going to kill that bastard. Meanwhile, I'm trapped." He rolls her down to his car and helps her into the front seat. They both enjoy a nice dinner, and afterwards, a movie. "Well, I guess it's time to take you home now."

"No," she says. "First, let's go have sex!"

"Well, to tell the truth, and not to disparage your handicap, I don't really know how we'd go about it."

"Leave that to me." She then directs him to a lonely lane out in the woods. "Now, just take me over to that tree." Once there, she reaches up and grasps a limb. Hanging there by her hands, she gives herself to the boy.

While driving her home afterwards, the pledge is conscience-stricken, and decides to explain the situation to her father. "Sir, I feel terrible about this, but I have to confess. I had intercourse with your daughter tonight."

"Don't worry about that, my boy! Come back and see us any time at all. You are a fine example of young manhood!"

"Sir, I don't think you understand. I screwed your daughter tonight!"

"Fine, fine! You be sure to come back. Maybe for dinner some night!"

The pledge is confused. "Look, buddy, I told you, I [bleep] your daughter tonight. What kind of father are you, anyway?"

"Yes, son. I understood you. What you don't understand is that most guys leave her hanging in the tree."

Looks like she got left "hanging" at the beach.
GWB
Never left one hangin' in the tree myself. Fine young fellow in my sometimes humble opinion.
Morning BD.

Here was a group @ the 3 yesterday.

Wind was UBER getting me.
[Linked Image]

After adjustment the next ones landed here:
[Linked Image]

This is what we deem "good enough" here at 'flave precision.

Travis
I would post pics of the groups I shot yesterday, but they all appear to be a single hole and are really boring. Good enough.
Originally Posted by ingwe
I would post pics of the groups I shot yesterday, but they all appear to be a single hole and are really boring. Good enough.

You been hangin' out with TAK?

Travis
Yeah, we're buds. Also he taught me theres no real reason to post pics�.
Yeah, we're buds. Also he taught me theres no real reason to post pics�.

easy for you to say, being the Poobs, you got street cred. LOL

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB
The only people posting impressive results on this thread are me, and that guy laying under the shapely woman.

Travis
Glory hog! [Linked Image]
I'll be BBQ'ing tomorrow.

Travis
Glory hog! [Linked Image]

Damn...now I'm hungry.

Those ribs look good.
Those ribs look like schit.

Is that a gas grill?

Travis
pork!!!!
[Linked Image]

its what's for dinner........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

like watermelon and sex,

the messier the better.

Best,

GWB

A proper plate of ribs should resemble a blooming onion. There not for eating, just for looking at....that's why God made bologna.

[Linked Image]
You [bleep]' losers couldn't cook your way out of a bag.

And I'm STILL the only person taking this thread seriously.

Travis
that's why I very seldom use paper or plastic........

[Linked Image]

grilled marinated shrimp k-bobs and orange roughy for tacos

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

boneless chicken thighs marinated in home-made salsa, then stuffed with peppers, cilantro and onion, then wrapped in bacon and grilled.
Add cole slaw and potato wedges.

[Linked Image]

Texas Barking Spider Beans with cornbread

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

egg taquitos made with smoked bear/pork link sausage

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/food/IMG_69661_zps28c7afb6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/food/IMG_0364_zps2af6b5f4.jpg[/img]

fresh swordfish steaks grilled over mesquite coals accented with jalepeno-cheese Aoudad summer sausage and smoked black bear sausage.
[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/food/IMG_0367_zpsdbc47a62.jpg[/img]

hey, who snuck in that paper plate?????

and last but not least, dutch oven blackberry cobler for desert.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/food/IMG_0461_zps5f769bed.jpg[/img]

Best,

GWB

You [bleep]' losers couldn't cook your way out of a bag.

And I'm STILL the only person taking this thread seriously.

Travis

Nice video. I see you were struggling to read the wind today. Maybe you can read sign.....(grin)

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

Nice video. I see you were struggling to read the wind today. Maybe you can read sign.....(grin)

[Linked Image]

I read sign very well. And all sign is indicating you can't afford beer.

Travis
Chit ticket wind flags don't work so well if you chit on them first.......

I'd like to show those German ladies my clam.
[Linked Image]
If you can cut ribs without them falling off the bone they ain't great ribs.

Hey we should have our rails soon. Travis I am tracking and serious continue on.
'flave's gonna have to teach these [bleep] how to cook tomorrow.

Might even throw up a pic with a beer that minorities can't afford.

And of course, mini-'flave and I will have to hit the range.

Gonna be an UBER 4th!

Travis

What are you cooking?
What are you cooking?

Ribs (that will be worth a schit)

Cabbage

Potato salad. And not just any potato salad. The best [bleep]' potato salad known to man.

Travis
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Chit ticket wind flags don't work so well if you chit on them first.......

I'd like to show those German ladies my clam.
[Linked Image]

Is that a dolphins vagina?

Travis
What are you cooking?

Ribs (that will be worth a schit)

Cabbage

Potato salad. And not just any potato salad. The best [bleep]' potato salad known to man.

Travis

Sounds good. Stuff cabbage?

Might even throw up a pic with a beer that minorities can't afford.

Travis

I like beer

[Linked Image]

in fact ever now and again I get a wild hare and enjoy different brewskis.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_0192_zps708ba074.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_0817_zpsd711ca4a.jpg[/img]

In fact I'm heading to Shiner Texas for the fourth. My S-I-L's folks are long time residents. Gonna fish, shoot, bar-b-que, smoke stogies and drink free Shiner. Seems that the Shiner folks are providing free beer on the Fourth.

Best,

GWB

Sounds good. Stuff cabbage?

Negative.

BBQ cabbage. It will be UBER.

Travis
I know this is a really tough request but I am interested in seeing pictures of the eats.
I know this is a really tough request but I am interested in seeing pictures of the eats.

No problemo. I'm gonna UBE the [bleep] outta this UBER.

I love the 4th.

Travis
Hey geedub,

I gots me one of those Cold Steel ninjas myself. I need to find it.

Travis
The 4th has always been my favorite holiday. Fireworks, bikini's, and food what is there not to like?

Enjoy
Hey geedub,

I gots me one of those Cold Steel ninjas myself. I need to find it.

Travis

[Linked Image]

Sounds Tanto-lizing...

Cold Steel and Menefee's

Will cut through ribs like a knife through..........

Enjoy your 4th

Best,

GWB

Travis

Wrong.

Happy 4th.
Fish and shrimp.......[bleep], yeah.
Originally Posted by wageslave

Travis

Wrong.

Happy 4th.

FACT.

You sunofabtich.

Travis
The 4th has always been my favorite holiday. Fireworks, bikini's, and food what is there not to like?

Enjoy

I don't wear a bikini, but yeah.

Travis
You need to get with the program!

[Linked Image]
You need to get with the program!

[Linked Image]

ditto's.

GWB
Gee, I didn't realize Shiner made so many different beers.. We only see one or two kinds up here..
You guys have a great fourth..
eye bleach, please frown
Travis I don't either but I sure don't mind the ladies wearing them.

I stick to boardshorts.
LAST day...bitches.

Here's a "ToldjaSo",for the Whining [bleep] that lingered and THEN seen the light.(grin)

Just sayin'.

Hint.
LAST day...bitches.

Hint.

B,
can I get fries with that????

Gee,

Cheer up..I ordered and extra,extra,extra today. I'll hang pics,if only to fuel your Imagination.

Laffin'!
Gee,

Cheer up..I ordered and extra,extra,extra today. I'll hang pics,if only to fuel your Imagination.

Laffin'!

B,

[Linked Image]

since its all a figination of your imaginement,

go for it!!!

GWB
Morning BD.

Here was a group @ the 3 yesterday.

Wind was UBER getting me.
[Linked Image]

After adjustment the next ones landed here:
[Linked Image]

This is what we deem "good enough" here at 'flave precision.

Travis

They say 200 yard rimfire is good foreplay for 1000 yard BPCR, what with doping wind. I dunno it that's precisely true or not, but the message is clear. A good spotter is worth his/her weight in gold. (Hint: Uber-Man needs a careeer) Quick followup is useful. Top can ain't terrible, bottom worthy of a toast.

Is there a can on the planet you won't hit? laugh

When are you gonna pick up a Shiloh and plink across zip codes?
Gee,

The Texas Version of everything,is a [bleep] riot! You really are tearing it up and are a dynamo. Laffin'!

You couldn't knock the new...offa used pair of boots.

Luckily for you,there's fences,haybales and golf carts.

Laffin'!

DD,

Thus my affinity for establishing 1:1 Wind Ratios and extrapolating boolits/chamberings via that barometer,as a quantification of same/sametitude.

It'll quickly shed enough light,that one had best be wearing a welding hood to absorb the feedback.

Hint.

A guy can flat do some amazing schit with an Anschutz/Fixed [bleep] melding and the 75MOA 1913 scheme,is a dirty [bleep] trick...which is about how I like to roll.

Folks is gona flip out and then some.

Just sayin'.

Gee,

Luckily for you,there's fences,haybales and golf carts.

Laffin'!

I'm a lucky fellow......

golf carts

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and fences a plenty

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Haybales, not so much.

Best,

GWB

Damn that was a wet weekend, G'Dub what was the name of that Shiner that was kinda'...fruitty?
Ruby Redbird.....

[Linked Image]

flavored with grapefruit and ginger.

Great summer beer.

And though it was wet, I can't remember when I've enjoyed myself more, or been with better guys.

Memories were made.

Best,

GWB
Yeah...some good schidt all the way around...can't find that beer up here...
© 24hourcampfire