Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer

Gee,

It's a real gawddamned hoot,how you tirelessly try to align yourself,somehow and in some way to me! Though I guess I cain't slight you,shooting for the stars.

If only you had an inkling,as to how very far you are away from rating anything,other than a fountain of oblivious humor.

Alignnment? Perhaps for the purposes of juxtaposition? Quien Sabe?

I hear laughter is good for the soul. Entertainment is one of the reasons one comes to these forums,

[Linked Image]

and, You are a fungi.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4th_point

flave - dude, get the rail. You'll end up with a 54 sooner or later.

J

The 75 for the 54 or the 25 for the 64?

I already ordered the 25 for the 64. Talked to Bob yesterday. UBER nice guy.

And I do have a 10X Super Bird not in use, but it's gonna make my sporter weight UBER top heavy.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boxer's method of candor makes me think of what "Rain Man" would've sounded like had he been a pirate with a penchant for foul language.

*Master of random precision*
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
75 for the 54. Like insurance if you go 54. If not, it wouldn't take much to sell it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
75 for the 54. Like insurance if you go 54. If not, it wouldn't take much to sell it.

Gotcha.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Gee,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please.

I'll feign my "surprise",at your lobbing a cartoon.

Laffin'!

The more you "think" you savvy,the more you pinpoint how hilariously shy you are of the mark.

Congratulations?!?

Wow +P+!

'flave,

The 75 for the 54,is money in the bank. Worst thing that happens,is once the "ToldjaSo's" start flying,you make a profit upon same.(grin)

The 25 for the 64,will arrange nice thangs. I think you'll be suplized at the Fixed [bleep] melding upon same,not being the kick in the nuts,you are picturing...regarding balance/handling. Adding weight there,ain't like adding weight forward or behind same,so don't have them unwanted dire effects.

For conversation,the Fixed [bleep] riding atop various LW's of the faux Ti and Montucky ilk,is catching on like Wild Fire. I was scouring yesterday at every store,hoping to find some 84M DD bases,to follow suit,but no joy. So now I gotta order.

Guiding .224" 75's,.243" 105's and .284" 162's with all that travel and 36MOA on the windshield,ain't a tough premise to embrace. I was gonna stop at a Baker's dozen,but now it's looking like I'll have to opt at least twice that many,to get all itches scratched.(grin) Pards is following suit and S&B's,NightFarces and Reupolds are getting tripped in accordance.

Noone seen it coming,until they gunned 'em.

'fish,

I'm better in the flesh and a typical 5 minute cuppa coffee,is good for a coupla thousand dollars worth of gear re-thunking purchases.(grin)

Double that,when in the flesh and making empties. Noone with even the slightest bit of savvy,can say: "No thanks...being able to do that when ever I want,does not interest me". Nobody is THAT tough.(grin)

I can [bleep] with heads purty good numerically,as I can know about a bajillion come-ups in my noggin' and it's never not a Crowd Pleaser.(grin) Though I've seen me keep purty good notes and there's certainly Method,to The Madness.

In fairness,I can only reflect upon a couple/few hundered spouts and I might even be paying attention,when some may think I ain't. Sandbagging cracks me the [bleep] up!

Safe to say,there's always alotta build blueprint and gear selection constants,amongst the guys I work/hunt/shoot/fish with. I may even have checked a couple/few new fish rods,as luggage this AM...which are gonna catch right the [bleep] on and get rather Famous and quickly(grin)

Good Riggin' has always interested me and I reckon it only fair,to pass them findings along.

4th,

If money concerned me,I'd order extry and trip 'em at double,after the R&D rolls in on their regard. It's gonna happen and is a crystalline Toldjaso,wayyyyyy in advance. No different than the Annie Lingerers and the melding will of course blow minds.(grin)

Never knowed how to be greedy though,so am instead trying to hook them with an interest up,at zero margin.

Suppliers typically cain't handle the good news.(grin)

Bet your ass,if Kimber goes Montucky Rimfire...all of mine will be wearing Fixed [bleep],shimmed DD rear bases and Signature rings,all max'd right the [bleep] out. Unless the receivers are wearing a 3/8" dovetail,then it'll be inclined/extended 1913 rail time and Bob will get the bidness.

Cain't wait.

Whattya' learning new on your 54? How far have you got to stretch it out and what's the limiting factor(s). You find a good lot of ammo,that she loves?

[bleep] things are simply INCREDIBLE.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by deflave

flave - dude, get the rail. You'll end up with a 54 sooner or later.

J

The 75 for the 54 or the 25 for the 64?

I already ordered the 25 for the 64. Travis

Travis, just get three of the 25 and stack them on top of each other.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You can't just stack them. You have to tape them as well.

Otherwise it won't be stable.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
'flave,

The 75 for the 54,is money in the bank. Worst thing that happens,is once the "ToldjaSo's" start flying,you make a profit upon same.(grin)

The 25 for the 64,will arrange nice thangs. I think you'll be suplized at the Fixed [bleep] melding upon same,not being the kick in the nuts,you are picturing...regarding balance/handling. Adding weight there,ain't like adding weight forward or behind same,so don't have them unwanted dire effects.

For conversation,the Fixed [bleep] riding atop various LW's of the faux Ti and Montucky ilk,is catching on like Wild Fire. I was scouring yesterday at every store,hoping to find some 84M DD bases,to follow suit,but no joy. So now I gotta order.

Guiding .224" 75's,.243" 105's and .284" 162's with all that travel and 36MOA on the windshield,ain't a tough premise to embrace. I was gonna stop at a Baker's dozen,but now it's looking like I'll have to opt at least twice that many,to get all itches scratched.(grin) Pards is following suit and S&B's,NightFarces and Reupolds are getting tripped in accordance.

Noone seen it coming,until they gunned 'em.

10-4.

When my base arrives I'll place it at priority #1 here at 'Flave Precision and report back.

If I can connect at 300 with some form of regularity I'm going to be UBER happy.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
You can't just stack them. You have to tape them as well.

Otherwise it won't be stable.

Travis

Acraglass them. Don't forget release agent...

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by geedubya

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

That's bad. But I like it smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

'fish,

I'm better in the flesh and a typical 5 minute cuppa coffee,is good for a coupla thousand dollars worth of gear re-thunking purchases.(grin)

Double that,when in the flesh and making empties. Noone with even the slightest bit of savvy,can say: "No thanks...being able to do that when ever I want,does not interest me". Nobody is THAT tough.(grin)

I can [bleep] with heads purty good numerically,as I can know about a bajillion come-ups in my noggin' and it's never not a Crowd Pleaser.(grin) Though I've seen me keep purty good notes and there's certainly Method,to The Madness.

In fairness,I can only reflect upon a couple/few hundered spouts and I might even be paying attention,when some may think I ain't. Sandbagging cracks me the [bleep] up!

Safe to say,there's always alotta build blueprint and gear selection constants,amongst the guys I work/hunt/shoot/fish with. I may even have checked a couple/few new fish rods,as luggage this AM...which are gonna catch right the [bleep] on and get rather Famous and quickly(grin)

Good Riggin' has always interested me and I reckon it only fair,to pass them findings along.

I enjoy the gear and the study and sharing thereof as well. It is funny to me the deep consternation that some folks seem to feel when presented with a different and perhaps better way of looking at something.

twofish

*Master of random precision*
B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
'223,

A rail stack would be handy,rather often.

As a rule,nearly halfa scope's total adjustment sets wasted,below a gent's zero and is 100% useless.

Most cain't even connect them dots.(grin)

'flave,

I cain't comment on how the 1" Bushy 10x is gonna treat you,in regards to a downrange POA/POI intersection ceiling...but an extry 25MOA ain't gonna hurt the equation.

If staying the 1" route,you'll wanna go Burriz Zee's,which is another 40MOA of potential.

Center the windage,while you's there.

Hint.

Having never chronographed your lot of '[bleep] through your rifle and not knowing your atmosphere/elevation,let alone scope height,etc.,so just winging a guesstimate...you're sub 40MOA to 300yds from a 50yd zero. There's worse news.

Lotsa ways to eek that.

Punt the 10x Bushy and go Fixed [bleep],then thank me later.

Re-hint.

'cal,

I reckon if a cartoon is as good as one can do...then some folks just gotta lob cartoons.

[Linked Image]

Personally,I prefer to lob results.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

'fish,

It is one of Life's curious constants,that them who "do" the least...Whine the most. Funnier yet,that them stupid [bleep] first move Post-Whine,is to stick their heads even further in the sand. It is often frosted with full blown Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as a last "stand".

[bleep] funny schit!

I can only lead folks to water and admittedly getta kick,outta the dehydration that takes place via the Drooling Do Nothing Dumbfhuqqs.

Time to start opening mail and kick the R&R off,right proper.(grin)

(Addendum: When it rains...it pours)

Now speak of the Devil,look what I found in the Mail. 'Tis a Bob 25MOA extended 1913 rail,slated for a different receiver,but one I thunked would cross nicely with an AMT's stainless integral dovetail.

It do.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Decidin' now,whether to 6-48 the bitch or 8-40 it,using (4) of the (6) set screws as intended and D&T'ing the brace up the guts. Though I hate to disfigure a well preserved Safe Queen,that ain't ever been used.

That means 8-40 and more dents,bruises and scratches.(grin)

Laffin'!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Whattya' learning new on your 54? How far have you got to stretch it out and what's the limiting factor(s). You find a good lot of ammo,that she loves?

[bleep] things are simply INCREDIBLE.

B,

The 54 takes the cake and I'm still shooting closerange and using the factory wood. More research at longrange to come in the next few days. So far it likes the 40gr Mini-[bleep]... they JAM nicely grin

For some reason I can't locate a 6x or 10x in MQ so I'm doing musical chairs with the 3-15x Chicken. Will do some research with the 10/22 and 25-moa RT rail first. Its 8-32. Then back to the 54. I don't think the 10/22 will see much use after the initial test drive. No movers in my future this summer.

J

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only target I saved of the 40gr Mini-[bleep] from the 54, should have saved more. Bonus... they are not neutered match/standard ammo. HV helps eek elevation. She likes the 36gr Shower bulk too. Who says you need to shoot match ammo? And I have zero doubt that the 54 would shoot better with a better driver.

Good thing I didn't pin that rail...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 4th_point; 06/18/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pete,

I've always appreciated the rugged reliability of fixed glass and as per oftener than not,less is more. Less moving parts,less weight and less concession,if only for starters and on the average.

No arguments there, and for folks starting out deer stalking and on a tight budget, I usually recommend a used 6x42 Leupold for those very reasons.

They don't(can't) hold zero,shift POI through their zoom range and don't track for schit,as compilations to the usual host of Hubble concessions. If only to cheer you up,Vortex is dog schit too.(grin)

In fairness to the Falcon, it actually does track well around a 10 Mil box on both x7 and x14 and because its FFP, zooming does not change the POI, unless the internals go seriously to crap. Of course that's a sample of one...

If only to begin to correlate potential,here's a gawk at the 6X MQ Fixed [bleep] reticle proper,as per courtesy of SWFA.

[Linked Image]

It is indeed Mil/Mil,with .10 erector graduations,with 42.5+ Mils of total latitude. The SFP/FFP "debate" is moot,tracking is simply uncanny and the reticle exceptionally forgiving. Light gathering due the mechanics of a 7mm exit,don't hurt results and rugged/reliability is never

(grin)

The spec's for the SS are impressive, although I've not seen that model in the flesh and I am not sure if its even imported over here. I like that particular reticule and have a very similar one for the Falcon. I picked the illuminated version for use at dusk or while lamping.

Off the top of my head, with a 70m zero, 20 Mil should get me out to 300m, which is more than plenty for my requirements.

So with 26 Mil on the elevation turret and a further 10 Mil on reticule, that side is not an issue, although I really need a 25MOA rail to get the adjustments where they should be..

So while not doubting the prowess of the SS 6x42mm (and its driver) over extreme long range, for what I want, I am not ready to put the Falcon on a stump just yet. I am not blind to its limitations but for now its doing a good job on the bunnies..

Last edited by Pete E; 06/18/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Which McMillan pattern do you recommend for the Anschutz 54?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FO, do you have a 54 already?

Jason

B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
4th,

There's farrrrr worse handles to be "stuck" with,than a tweaked 1407.

Last I counted,I had better than a dozen 10/22's/AMT's and I've seen me have more than a leetle fun with one. That being said,the 54 sooooooo steals The Show,that it ain't even funny.

But alas,here I am Polishing Turds.(grin)

Have a coupla AMT's,but this one hasn't been shot much.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Deciding how crazy I wanna go...because I know it's gonna be an Anschutz Show,once the dust settles.(grin)

Rail be D&T'd and balls is rollin'.

Should go Retro Cleanin' on this bitch and simply set it in a jug of saw gas overnight,then Baja 500 the works in the back of my crummy and call it Good 'Nuff. Only way I useta do it.

Think I'll get a plate of glass out and purty it up,just so I can get 'er haggard in an afternoon.(grin)

Pete,

We's prolly largely on the same page,though my variable disdain is hardly a "secret".(grin)

A 10Mil erector swing,is the beginning of a fair shake to see WTF,though I tend to beat on schit harder than that. Especially on sumptin' requiring as much dope as a 22LR. Long scope tubes always make me nervous,because POA/POI always shifts and especially when ring spacing is trite to begin with.

In my 18.5" 54,flingin' the fodder I've salted away for it(40's at 1285fps) and factoring a 1.75" scope height,from sea level in a standard atmosphere(default) and factoring your 70 meter zero...20 Mils of erector travel grants me 405yds of opportunity. 300yds is 12.2 Mils.

We don't really trust you [bleep] from the UK,as we've seen ya' get squirreled up before,so it might just be prudent to withhold sumptin' as good as a Fixed [bleep] from your mitts,if only for your own good.(grin)

One gawk and the Falcon would get launched offa stump.

Hint.

FO,

My favorite done got retired and it's the Annie T-Hole Sillywet,though I've only got a pair of 'em.

Of that which is currently available,I'd prolly default to the "regular" Annie Sillywet. If going Ambi were aconcern,then it'd be their Rimfire Magnum Varmint. I'd order in accords to me and load up on the strongside ergo's. The RMV wouldn't adapt well to the Repeater Conversion and that might could be sumptin' to weigh in advance. Though it'll digest OEM 54 Sporter Repeaters,if you opt that route.

Repeater Conversion guts...which eats modded CZ mags.

[Linked Image]

Annie Sillywet.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/GreatEscape.jpg[/img]

You boys is gonna talk me into a 22LR yet!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Gee,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please.

I'll feign my "surprise",at your lobbing a cartoon.

10/4

back at ya' with a little Imagination and Kodachrome........

lobbing a cartoon........

[Linked Image]

a cute kid.....

[Linked Image]

and other figinations of my imaginement........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1badf350, 1minute, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,708
Posts18,513,904
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.