Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Boxer, I'm trying to get in the game and have a few questions if you please...

I've recently acquired the below single shot 54 with a slightly chopped barrel. It has BKL rings and sits in what I was told is a McMillan stock, although I have no idea what style/model it is..I'm also sure you may be the only person who won't poke fun at the color scheme:)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Scope is a fixed 24 leopold with fine crosshairs and dot. The only other scope I have available to me at the time is a 16 X Mil dot SS.
All of my shooting will be from 25 to a realistic max of 300 yards..would like to go farther but just don't have the real estate at the moment.
I have not yet shot this gun on paper, but assume it will do just fine in that regard and have several types of ammo lined up to test that at first chance.
Had it at 300 yards this last weekend with cheapo ammo and was hitting a 12" gong with ease, which was pleasing to me anyway..
Problem was I had to hold a good couple feet over as the erector was maxed out.

So taking into account I'm new to this gun and game, my questions are as follows..
I know your not a fan of that many X's, but which of those scopes would you recommend in conjunction with which DIP rail to get me to 300, but also allow me to shoot at the closer ranges as well? Tis a vague question I know, as I don't know yet the realistic amount of travel I have in the leopold. All I can say is at 300 it needed help. I'm hoping you or others may have some better experience with this scope and could help in that regard.

I have no problem ordering the 75 DIP but if I couldn't get back down to 50-100 yards with it I'd be cutting myself out of the majority of distance my shooting will take place.
Hope that all makes a bit of sense..? Thanks for any insight.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Boxer

I can only lead folks to water and admittedly getta kick,outta the dehydration that takes place via the Drooling Do Nothing Dumbfhuqqs.

Dehydration. *grin*

4th,
Very nice FF/Annie Flinging System. Seems that you're staying hydrated. Looking forward to confirmation of intended outcomes....

B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Gee,

Your plagiarism is awesome!

I'd kick Texas in the nuts,but noone can do that as well as you...when you are trying to do the very opposite and offering your "best". One can never tell if a [bleep] Texan,is bitching or bragging. Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

You certainly don't venture far from concrete or fences.

MPAJ Precision...in the wind no less.

510 Yard Omuletty

Kids connect more dots than you. Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot!

Bless your heart.

'fiable,

You got lucky,that I didn't see that rifle earlier,as it were a nice scoop. I cain't know what the stock is,or isn't,as I don't have that pattern. Looks Pharr/Robertson-ish to me,gawking from the hip.

If I recall,that particular receiver is D&T'd,in conjunction with the dovetail fore and aft on the receiver. Seems I recall that,from the Ad pics accompanying it. That opens numerous doors of opportunity,but I'd be setting the skinny BKL's aside and going Bob extended 25MOA 1913,as a minimum. I'd want it to accept the (6) fasteners,in conjunction with the (4) D&T fasteners,for Tentitude.

BKL make some stuff that'll take a purty good lick,but when talking a dovetail mounting system less any cross slots or recoil pin stops,I want lotsa surface area on the ring/dovetail interface. Their Unitized stuff is beefy,but lacks inclination.

Really gonna be tough to beat an extended 1913 there,due both inclination options and ring spacing.

Now to glass: The 24x fixed Reupold,has little to nothin' as erector latitude goes. That ain't ever a good thang,doubly so in LR Rimfire Pursuits. You've already tasted that suck,at shy of the 300yd line.

On my eldest 54 receiver,before the front receiver ring rated a dovetail,though the rear bridge and barrel did,I tried a 27MOA BKL cantilever with a 12X fixed Reupold. As your reservations correlate,I could not ascertain a 50yd zero,due that modest inclination being beyond the means of such paltry erector "latitude". With the erector bottomed,I was +2.5" at 50yds. Now while that obviously left the balance of the full erector travel upwards,it was still trite in it's range...due simply the design of the glass and it's 1" tube.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It was better than Irons of course,yet well shy of the warm/fuzzy,other than the [bleep] thing always shot knots.(grin) I was torn on what to do with the receiver and gawddamned nearly throwed a S/S Hummer spout on it and was gonna drive it single shot,with a D&T'd top side.

Long story short,it's destined to be grooved up front and wear a 75MOA extended rail,so as to really ring the bell.

Now your concerns in regards to a 75MOA cant is founded and your warm/fuzzy is gonna be a function of the glass destined to ride that arrangement. I do not have a 16X Fixed [bleep](6X,10x and 12X being my herd),so cain't comment in the firsthand,regarding one's total erector travel,though it's gonna be easily twice what your 24X Reupold "offers" and then some. That ain't bad news. To wet your whistle and cover all avenues,while assuring you ain't painted into a corner,I'd simply score a Bob 25MOA 1913 extended rail,toss the 24X in a closet and rock THE schit outta the Fixed [bleep]. You will ASSUREDLY be able to arrange POA/POI intersections from the 25yd line to 400yds+.

Once you ascertained total erector travel of said 16x aboard the 25MOA rail and then extrapolated how much DOWN remained from your predetermined zero,you could then mull the viability of swinging for the fence with the 75MOA version.

So to determine where/when you can arrange the POA/POI intersection ceiling with a given lot of ammo,in regards to your current setup,simply count remaining MOA above your initial zero. Extrapolate that latitude,to a JBM dope chart and you'll KNOW whatcha can do,as per the mechanics of that particular erector and it's current relationship with your existing mounting system. If you had 30MOA remaining,from a 50yd zero...I'd be suplized it was that "forgiving". That is a function of many things,regarding the receiver/barrel concentricity,the concentricity of your dovetail and of course the concentricity of the BKL's. Even bedding can add/subtract latitude.

Now you didn't mention if your 16x Fixed [bleep] is Mildot/MOA system,or a MilQuad/Mil system? Both smoke the 1" 24X,for your intents and by lightyears. Assuming both versions of the 16X mounted with like remaining erector travel,they'd be fully equal as per crosshair intersection Doomsday Machines. The key difference,when really stretching 'er legs,is that he "Traditional" MilDot reticle only tosses an extry 18MOA upon the windshield,while the MilQuad reticle grants twice that,at 36MOA. Also the MQ is easier to hold harder and a better Mouse Trap for reading/dealing subtension values.

So in summation,I'd wager that you've more "adjustment" on a MQ reticle,with a 50yd zero and forgetting it's erector is even there...than you do on the 24X's remaining erector latitude. That means you could arrange POA/POI further downrange via subtending the MQ,than you could dial the 24X. Savvy? Further,there's nothing in the dot/crosshair reticle(which I love upon various Killing Rifles),to assist when the erector dries up and runs out of adjustment,as far as subtension latitude,to coincide POA/POI intersections beyond full erector travel. The MQ or MilDot 16x sure as schit is gonna have more remaining up from a 50yd zero,than the 24X starts with in totality. THEN you can frost it's full travel,with either another 18 or 36MOA,depending upon your reticle. Got it?

This schit is easy. Understatement.

Now let's REALLY connect ya' some [bleep] dots. Here's the (2) versions of the Fixed [bleep]'s 16x reticle.

MQ firstly,MilDot lastly. Eyefhuqq the schit outta 'em and compare/contrast.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The MQ grants a harder hold,because it's reticle is more fine. You can actually see THROUGH the full Mil values,where you cain't on a Traditional MilDot. You see the MQ grants 10 Mils below crosshair intersection and the MilDot only 5. So the MQ affords twice the subtension latitude,as well as offering a harder hold...none of which is bad news. Again,the 16X MilDot blows your 24x outta the [bleep] water,in regards to LR potential. So you've got no poor options,when opting the 16x.

As per the ammo horde I've got and from a 50yd zero,when talking the reticle alone,the MQ will get me to the 280yd line(9.9 Mils). The MilDot will reach 185yds,with same ammo and same zero. So as you've just thunked to yourself: "that [bleep] reticle will reach farther alone,than what I'm doing now!". Yep.(grin)

Hint,Hint,Hint and Re-[bleep]-hint.(grin)

Coming full circle and to spare you such "difficult" decisions,I'll tradeja' a Cooper 21 in 223 for the 54,bare rifle for bare rifle. Then you'll have bragging rights,that you got one over on me. Actually,I'll toss you bases/rings too(steel Talley).

[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/Junk.jpg[/img]

Muzzle Chopped Annie spouts don't aspook me.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/560/kpcp.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/829/w301.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/822/y4hd.jpg[/img]

In case you are wondering,I'd go right to the 75MOA rail and a 10X MilQuad Fixed [bleep] and never look back,as per your rifle.

Hint.

Thank me later,for getting your wheels turning and mind right.(grin)

'gant,

It's easy to tell who's slapping sand outta their ears and who ain't.

"Surprisingly" them "hard charging" Do Nothing Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqqs largely shut up.

Hell...a guy KNOWS going in,that a [bleep] Texas is gonna Whine first,last,longest and loudest.

Laffin'!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
It's easy to tell who's slapping sand outta their ears and who ain't.

"Surprisingly" them "hard charging" Do Nothing Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqqs largely shut up.

Hell...a guy KNOWS going in,that a [bleep] Texas is gonna Whine first,last,longest and loudest.

Laffin'!

Rule # 1 never argue with a Retard Hint..and Rule # 2 if your going to post on a forum at least speak English not Ghetto Alaskan. Enano

Getting a little Jealous of Geedubya are we ????? To borrow your Ghetto Alaskan he is horning you up.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
B, do the little 22lr's reliably transition sonic okay when you guys lob them out that far?

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Certifiable

I've recently acquired the below single shot 54 with a slightly chopped barrel. It has BKL rings and sits in what I was told is a McMillan stock, although I have no idea what style/model it is..I'm also sure you may be the only person who won't poke fun at the color scheme:)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Scope is a fixed 24 leopold with fine crosshairs and dot. The only other scope I have available to me at the time is a 16 X Mil dot SS.
All of my shooting will be from 25 to a realistic max of 300 yards..would like to go farther but just don't have the real estate at the moment.
I have not yet shot this gun on paper, but assume it will do just fine in that regard and have several types of ammo lined up to test that at first chance.
Had it at 300 yards this last weekend with cheapo ammo and was hitting a 12" gong with ease, which was pleasing to me anyway..

So taking into account I'm new to this gun and game, my questions are as follows..
I know your not a fan of that many X's, but which of those scopes would you recommend in conjunction with which DIP rail to get me to 300, but also allow me to shoot at the closer ranges as well? Tis a vague question I know, as I don't know yet the realistic amount of travel I have in the leopold. All I can say is at 300 it needed help. I'm hoping you or others may have some better experience with this scope and could help in that regard.

I have no problem ordering the 75 DIP but if I couldn't get back down to 50-100 yards with it I'd be cutting myself out of the majority of distance my shooting will take place.

You're the one that bought that?

I owe you a kick to the balls.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

'flave,

I cain't comment on how the 1" Bushy 10x is gonna treat you,in regards to a downrange POA/POI intersection ceiling...but an extry 25MOA ain't gonna hurt the equation.

If staying the 1" route,you'll wanna go Burriz Zee's,which is another 40MOA of potential.

Center the windage,while you's there.

Hint.

Having never chronographed your lot of '[bleep] through your rifle and not knowing your atmosphere/elevation,let alone scope height,etc.,so just winging a guesstimate...you're sub 40MOA to 300yds from a 50yd zero. There's worse news.

Lotsa ways to eek that.

Punt the 10x Bushy and go Fixed [bleep],then thank me later.

Re-hint.

I'll slap the Super Chicken on there and give it a go.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Oldkchunt,

Glad you could summons the courage,to unleash more Imagination and Pretend,because your "best" is [bleep] HILARIOUS! I really enjoy your "knowledge","experience" and "results",as you wax upon eloquent on all the things you've almost done,the wares you almost did it with and a recounting of the places you almost did them. You are a [bleep] Vagenius. Laffin'!

Be sure and point out any/all "big" words that fly over your pointy head and I'll better explain things,just for your "special" needs. Laffin'!

You are doing "great"!

Rather enjoyed this: "Alabama is the only state that does not have a definite daily starting or ending time to their hunt day."

More Of OldKchunt's Drooling Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumbfhuqqery

Ain't it a hoot,how after Showcasing your simply [bleep] amazing Dumbfhuqqtitude,you Clueless [bleep] go right to cramming things in your mouths and azzes?!?

I know,I know...I'm on Imaginary Pretend Ignore,a dog ate all your pictures and your vocation is "rewarding". At which Mall was it again,that you Ninja?!? Laffin'!

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooo [bleep] hard! Imitation is THE most sincere form of Flattery and despite how "valiantly" you try,Pretend ain't Real.

Wow +P+!

That was close,you [bleep] near said sumptin' about The Rifle,but even a poor poor stupid [bleep] like you,KNOWS better. Looking forward to more Excuses and a fresh batcha' Whine,as you perpetually reiterate obliviously,what an incredibly [bleep] slooooowwwwww "learner" you are.

Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

'500,

If I can catch some nice light and modest winds,I'll roll some video and you can tell me.(grin)

Nice when you can see 'em fly on tape,with sun glinting their heels in conjunction with the atmospheric disturbance of their wake,in this dry Desert air.

Purty good Show.

flave,

I smell a Bushy 10x,getting launched offa [bleep] stump.

ToldjaSo.(grin)

(Addendum: I'll try to fire the Reality Catcher up,if only to kick some more Imagination and Pretend in their kchunts)

It's a good way to correlate come-ups and windage holds.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Rah-Jah that.

Gunner

Trump Won!
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Boxer: what rings do you like to use to situate the super chicken atop the rail?

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

Hint,Hint,Hint and Re-[bleep]-hint.(grin)

Coming full circle and to spare you such "difficult" decisions,I'll tradeja' a Cooper 21 in 223 for the 54,bare rifle for bare rifle. Then you'll have bragging rights,that you got one over on me. Actually,I'll toss you bases/rings too(steel Talley).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

B'

see'n your luv for Rimfires,

if'n you'd trade that Cooper Varminter for this Savage, I'd be obliged.

[Linked Image]

ya' wouldn't even have to toss in the rings as I have a set of Leupold WAM's that will work just fine.

Send me a copy of the license of the FFL to where you want it shipped.

Ya know B, I�m absolutely shocked!!!!

The other day when these two followed me home I couldn�t help but think, ya� know, these would be B� approved.
[Linked Image]
Synthetic, Fugly, Garish and Talley Lightweights���.

Then you go and post a pix displaying the warmth of wood.
Prettynicestik of wood on that Varminter. Even if I do say so myself.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of ���..
[Linked Image]

But I�m surprised you didn�t top it with WAM�s
[Linked Image]

Oh well, C�est la vie!

Enjoy your Cooper
As I certainly enjoy mine����.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/alb...-bf98-66822ca16d4b_zps0eeb0e58.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_8919.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/DSCN7652.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN5882.jpg[/img]

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4th_point
FO, do you have a 54 already?

No. However, I'll more than likely have one in my mitts in the not too distant future...

Stick,
Obliged. I thought that was the pattern, but the thumbhole threw me. Guessing McMillan hasn't offered it for awhile.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Certifiable

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You're the one that bought that?

I owe you a kick to the balls.
Flave, the gentleman and I were able to come to some agreeable trade terms..
And please don't cyber-bully my balls, my wife will get jealous.

Travis

She's gone shootin..
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I hope it shoots like schit.

Travis

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Boxer, much appreciate all the info, give me some time to wrap my head around it and I will assuredly be back with more questions

The 16x is mil dot..I have a flimsy at best grasp on what your saying about the advantages of the milquad system but will shift my brain into gear and try to learn up. In regards to lack of loopy travel being a handicap, It won't pain me to slap the 24x on another rifle and go with the SS on the 54 if need be.

It was indeed you spout chopping chronicles that let me be unfazed in acquiring a shortened barrel. I don't anticipate any problems in that department.
I guess I'll need to play around a bit with the erector like you said and see if the 75 rail will work or if I should just stick with the smaller rail.

Appreciate the cooper offer, it's a beauty, but I am exited to acquire this 54 and start playin around in the next zip code. Besides, how can I be assured the barrel went thru proper break in procedures..(grin)

[Linked Image]
the 223 in the back is keeping me busy in that dept anyway..
Thanks for all the help again... I'm in it to win it now

She's gone shootin..
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by deflave
I hope it shoots like schit.

Travis
[Linked Image]
Bad pic but there are a set of gongs in that dirt v-shaped area to the lower right of the large solitary tree at a lasered 300 yardos.. As stated I was hittin that 12 incher with ease, first time playin with this contraption. It appears to have promise.. If things don't work out maybe we can work a trade for a flave precision 12-pack of natties or somethin..??

She's gone shootin..
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You rotten bastard.

Sweet rifle. Wish I beat you to it.

Travis

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm only rotten on the inside:)
I can feel the love...and thanks, I have high hopes!

Last edited by Certifiable; 06/19/14.

She's gone shootin..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Certifiable,

Are you only interested in extreme long range with your new rifle?

I ask because x16 or x24 are pretty specialised scopes, where as a x10 would be much more versatile especially if you wanted to hunt small game.

That reticule Stick recommends is excellent, but you need to quite thinking of bullet drop in terms of "Y inches at X yards," but rather in Mil. Now with your reticule calibrated in Mil, your turrets adjustments in Mil and your drop chart in Mil, things all of a sudden get easy. You can calculate your drop in Mil using a ballistic calculator such as the one at JBM

This will give you decent ball park figures which you can then refine/verify by shooting at the distances concerned..

Some scopes are available with similar style reticules, but calibrated in MOA, so as an alternative, you could go all MOA.

What you really want to avoid is mixing your units ie a scope with Mildot reticule, 1/4MOA click turrets and drop charts in inches per 100 yards..people make such combinations work, but aligning all your units makes life so much more simple.

Last edited by Pete E; 06/19/14.
B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Link Link Link Link

Annie 54 75MOA 1913 Extended Rail

You bitches have until the 4th of July to pre pay said item and then the run will be made,with expected delivery 60-ish days after the fact. Rail pictured on the site,is not the actual...if only because the actual ain't been built yet.(grin)

The actual will of course include a total of (10) fasteners. (6) for the set screws and (4) to mate OEM D&T spacing,I was on the horn,to confirm that very thang.

'6,

Ring height,is sumptin' that needs to jive with comb height. When in doubt,you certainly can't go too low,especially on a 30mm glass and talkin' a ring/rail arrangement.

I'm a fan of increased ring/scope tube interface,as well as ring/rail interface and of course increased ring spacing. It's gonna be tough to whoop Warne Maxima's there,as they are lower than most and offer a nice blend of attributes.

Maxima's danglin' in midair,as compared to Reupie PRW's(which I love). Both afford nice surface area and typical concentricity,if only because I've more than a smattering of each and am comfy there,in such determinations.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'd default Maxima.

Gee',

You just keep right on "hard charging".

I'm [bleep] crying,I'm laughing sooooooo hard!

FO',

I PM'd you the above Rink.

Don't linger.(grin)

'fiable,

Read the Post again. Then do it again. Then hit me with a PM and I'll give you the Golden Ticket...with my phone number and get your mind REALLY right.(grin)

The 24x is on the shelf and you cain't even know it yet!

Now,grab the 16x and note where your current zero is,upon it's lineal erector scale. That so you can return to it,after confirming total erector travel latitude. Simply count hash marks from bottom and denote it.

Then dial your turret down(each revolution being 15 MOA),until you reach the limits of it's travel. That is the unused portion of the erector,essentially tossed into the garbage can,aboard your current system. From there,count total travel upwards and spill your guts on whatcha' have top to bottom. I reckon it to be 150MOA anyways. If you've 150 on tap,total...the 75MOA rail will do you proud. You'll be able to gun a 50yd zero and stretch things right the [bleep] out.

I'm with you,in that few [bleep] things are more worthless than a gawddamned Cooper and I reckon that ain't because,I don't have one.(grin)

You are gonna flip the [bleep] out,once you savvy the inherent potential of the platform,in conjunction with the 75MOA rail.

ToldjaSo.(grin)

'flave,

How long until your 64 is tilted and Fix [bleep]?!?

Pete,

10x is a forgiving ceiling,but a 16x Fixed [bleep],blows a 1" Reupie 24X outta da' water. UGLY style!

With his 16x being MOA erector and Mil reticle,I'd be hip on going Retrostalgic in dialing ele and sliding wind on the glass. One can still chase subtention via splash and hold-off on the 2nd attempt,whether it in height or drift.

I concur that the MQ reticle is superior in this avenue,but I'd bolt that 16x on sooooooo [bleep] fast,you'd not believe it. It's far and away the most potential,of that which lays at his immediate opportunity.

So I'd be very much thinking in MOA,as per the erector and Mils for wind. That as a means of tidily hedging a bet and making copious "luck". Once a guy is outta erector(and he knows well in advance where that threshold is),come-ups beyond that distance can be easily extrapolated in advance to Mils,as the final curtain call. Hardly "daunting",if given an advanced thunk and there's NEVER any [bleep] reason to be counting fingers & toes to arrange such splendors.

The phone call,smooths all.(grin)

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (29aholic, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 406_SBC, 1beaver_shooter, 25 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,915
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.