-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The last three sets of Signature rings that I bought were made in China. When there is a choice I will not support the Communist Chinese..

The made in China label is small. I think they are ashamed to admit it..

Nice rifle, nice scope, held together by Chinese junk?

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Geo

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GeoW
The last three sets of Signature rings that I bought were made in China. When there is a choice I will not support the Communist Chinese..
Geo

Admirable of you to not buy Chinese.......but you bought 3 sets. You chose to support the Commies. Tell you what, check the clothes you're wearing. And go check the closet. Made in Vietnam, Bangladesh, China......... brands like North Face, Columbia, Descent, Eddie Bauer. Burris Signature rings are the deal no matter where they're made and until some other company starts making the same kind of thing..........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not looking for admiration. The three sets were one purchase, comprender? smile

I had hoped it was old stock.

As I said, if I can keep from it I will not buy cheap imported crap.. but I won't buy the stuff with the union label either.

Geo

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I stopped by a gun store in Fayetteville NC yesterday that stocks Burris products, to include Zee Rings; I've bought several sets there in the past (they have been good rings for me). Their Burris stock was mixed, some packages have a very small circular sticker on them marked "Made in China", some didn't - I assume they are in the change-over period now. Shame that another US maker of firearms accessories has been bought by a foreign company and moved off-shore.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeoW

As I said, if I can keep from it I will not buy cheap imported crap.. but I won't buy the stuff with the union label either.

Geo

While I'm not a union worker, why wouldn't you buy a union made item? the fact that you wont is why so many of your choices will end up being from china or some other country. I do try to not buy from china when I have a choice, but to not buy a USA union made item if it is quality is almost hypocritical when you're saying not to buy from china. I just don't see it but hey in the end its your money.

Last edited by JimHnSTL; 06/26/14.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The reason the manufacturing moved to China is cheap labor... If anything, labor unions aren't about cheap labor and have put American manufacturing in a bad position, either stay here and go broke or move off shore, sell out to cheap Chinese labor and suffer the consequences down the road.

We are now owned by the Chinese...

geo

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
bcraig,

Dont suppose there is any issue with using steel rings on aluminum bases ?

That is the only way I do it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Well, it ain't just the unions. Gotta blame employment regulations, business regulations, zoning and building regulations, energy costs, taxes, environmental laws, insurance costs, and things beyond rationality. In California there was talk about emissions from bakeries polluting the air, you know that aroma of bread and pastries being baked. I can't recall if they regulated it and many small bakeries out of existence, but you get the idea.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GeoW - besides the issues of cheap Chinese labor and Union/Non-Union you've mentioned: one more thing. The Chinese will build anything to your specification(s) for the agreed upon price. BUT then they'll turn around COPY and counter-feit your product. You'll see your brand sold for less, have unexplained customer quality complaints until you learn you've been HAD. Leaves you wondering if going 'off-shore' was worth it. Homesteader

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 69 invisible), 3,298 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,483
Posts18,471,815
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.