Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by DocRocket
I've had a moustache since I was 20, and a full beard since I was 23. Never shaved off the moustache even once, but the beard came off for 3 weeks when I went into med school for reasons that are hard to articulate. (But it scared the bejabbers outta my daughters that first day, I must admit.)

But this past week or six I've looked at a bunch of photos taken of me and I seriously doubt I care for my beard no more.

I haven't seen my nekkid face in the mirror since I was a no-nothing kid. Maybe it's about time to do so.

GOOD GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! shocked

Miss Lynn, I appreciate your aesthetic sensibilities... but summer's coming in and as both my daughters say, I can always grow it back...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah, I hear you.. burned some hair off myself blowin' up powder overburden...

But this is different. Even when I shaved off the beard when I got into med school back in the day, I kept the 'stache. This time I'm thinkin' about the whole deal. I mean, naked-baby face. Not that I'm a baby face at this point, that's fer dang sure, no?

Break out the bic & the frozen OJ....have fun...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doc;
Other than your current dilemma, I trust that this finds you and yours doing acceptably well.

I've been tossing around similar thoughts lately, but while my good wife voted for "the procedure" the girls threatened to disown me if I did. cry

As you might recall seeing a couple photos of me, I've had at least a fairly thick mustache continually for the past 30 plus years. These days it's accompanied by a grey goatee..... I know it's grey because the nice lady where I was renewing my BC Driver's License pronounced it thus. laugh

It might make one look younger though Doc and none of us appear to be getting younger, so I'll vote a "yea" for the motion and add that you can always grow it back if you aren't happy with it.

All the best to you and yours Doc - Happy Canada Day as an ex-pat and Happy Fourth of July to you as a current.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
do it right. legs, chest, back, crack, brazilian, whole 9 yards. 100% hairless. no turning back.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
And how's your tree doing ?

Thriving!! Nice damn tree! And thanks for asking!!

Was it a peach,plum,pluot,plum-cot,or apricot? I forget.
I bought a couple of Pluot trees from Lowes after I got home from your place and mine are doing well too.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
My young friend, I'll be gentle with you in this matter of facial hair... a [bleep]' handlebar is a huge pain in the ass to maintain and utilize. Had one for many years, I'm not goin' there again.

I mean.. geez, you know how much I spent on moustache wax a month? Not to mention, you gotta drink your unsweet tea out of a straw, and when it's time to kiss a gal, let alone lick her puzzy, you need bobby pins... I tell ya, it's a pain...

I call toro caca on mustache maintenance! I prefers my handle bar to be as socially unacceptable as I can get it. I may trim a wild hair out of mine every other month or so. Just to have something to do. Otherwise, my stache is like my hat crease 110 years behind the times!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ah yeah, I shaved back in '83. One less thing to do.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rem141r
do it right. legs, chest, back, crack, brazilian, whole 9 yards. 100% hairless. no turning back.

LOL!!

And GFY...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't imagine shaving my beard and mustache off. Just ain't gonna happen.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had a moustache since I was 20, and a full beard since I was 23. Never shaved off the moustache even once, but the beard came off for 3 weeks when I went into med school for reasons that are hard to articulate. (But it scared the bejabbers outta my daughters that first day, I must admit.)

But this past week or six I've looked at a bunch of photos taken of me and I seriously doubt I care for my beard no more.

I haven't seen my nekkid face in the mirror since I was a no-nothing kid. Maybe it's about time to do so.

I've had a mustache since I was 17 or 18 and IIRC I think I've shaved it off only once. In the 70's I sported a fumanchu, pork chop sideburns, and only once a full beard. It was too itchy so that went away. I've done the goatee in several variations over the years and have had long and short sideburns but the stash has never been shaved.

Lately I've been thinking about shaving all the hair off my face. I haven't looked in a mirror and seen a clean shaven face since the early 80s. Worst case, I don't like it and in a couple of weeks it's back to a hairy mug.

Doc,

You're not alone. smile

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Don't do it..... Long live the "double chin comb over".

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Do it Doc. It might make you handsome. grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Has anyone considered, shaving say, the left half, leaving the right?
A side, by side comparison if you will.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've done a beard a few times. Always wind up getting tired of it, and shaving it off. Heck it's good to restyle yourself, every so often, so go for it.

and if it looks worse it gives me a head start competing with you for the wimmins

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Doc - My kids have never seen me without facial hair . . . Did go to a goatee for all of one day before growing the rest of the beard back. Bride didn't like the stubble left after a shave, so I was more than willing to oblige. I do trim it up every couple of months. Personally, I find the beard acts as a radiator in the hot summers and as a face blanket in the winter. If you do shave it off, it will grow back, for sure, but how long it takes to grow back is up to your genetics. To each their own, but I ain't shaving . . . ain't much on regular haircuts, either.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
I believe all working men should shave.

I believe all non-working men should never shave.

End of [bleep] list.

Travis

Thank you, Obi-wan-[bleep]-konobi.

You, you smooth-shaven mofo, like I would [bleep]' care about your opinion.

But thanks for weighin' in.

GFY

Fall in line with Christianity and shave your gahdamn face.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Quit shaving my upper lip when I was about 19 years old - stubble kept me licking my lip, keeping it raw. Maintained a "cookie duster" ever since. - No problem.

Mar

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I consider myself to be a wild, untamed animal.

Therefore I shave no body hair(other than my pubes).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think most guys try the wolfman look or variations of it at least once in their life.

[Linked Image]

I had a caterpillar on my lip since I was 20 in the Army. After I got out I wore it long at the ends, tried to style it like Robert Redford as the Sundance Kid (except I was more handsome). Used to be in a local theater melodrama group, usually ended up playing the villain and didn't need any artificial hair to twirl my mustache.

Around about age 46 I shaved it off for some reason or other and the next day at the gym some cute little early 20-something told me I looked a lot younger without it.

I've been shaving the upper lip religiously since that very day.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Speaking of that, saw a guy in the gym today that was probably early 50ish. Big, really strong guy with big arms and lots of definition. Had dark hair and sideburns but this very gray full goatee. I wanted to tell him he'd probably look like he was in his early 40's without that large patch of gray on the bottom of his face, but him being a big mean looking guy I figure he could look old if'n he wanted to. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,932
Posts18,518,954
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.