-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shave my moustache twice since I was old enough to grow one. (not counting basic)
Kissed my ex in the dark after one of those times, she freaked thinking it was some one else for a second or three.
Said it was like kissing a girl, still not sure how she knew that smile

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeez, Doc, if you're gonna do it, just leave a taint scraper (soul patch) like all the cool kids are doing these day...

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Be advised Doc that if you shave off the 'stache your upper lip will look enormous. You will be convinced that a good pilot could land a Cessna 182 on it!
I know, I shaved mine off once.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I've never had enough testosterone to grow a beard or stash.

The closest I've come are on two week hunts or BWCA trips. Can't stand the feeling of it. I shave every day, it's awesome.

Fixed for ya. Like I GAF about your opinion.

GFY

I have been married 34 years and no one in my wife's family have ever seen me clean shaven and only a are few alive in my family that have.

I started my beard in College 40 years ago and see no reason to change. It is neatly trimmed to 3/8" every 14 days and I trim the edges every other day but feel sorry for those that have to shave every day smile

Ted
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I save baby azz slick about once a year. When I do my upper lip looks like its 3' from my nose. I only trim with my clippers in the summer the rest of the year its trim the stash just enuf to keep whisker out of my mouth when I eat.I some times wear a stash and womb broom (goatee).

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
once a year weather i need it or not. went to a barber for the first time in 25 years. 12 bucks for shave an haircut

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If I wasn't forced to shave daily by my employer, I would never shave. EVER.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I say do it. Although, I can't believe I am agreeing with the Flave on this one.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Flave is right about a lot of things, although it pains me to admit that in public.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by eyeball
Do it Doc. It might make you handsome. grin

GFY.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Doc;
Other than your current dilemma, I trust that this finds you and yours doing acceptably well.

I've been tossing around similar thoughts lately, but while my good wife voted for "the procedure" the girls threatened to disown me if I did. cry

As you might recall seeing a couple photos of me, I've had at least a fairly thick mustache continually for the past 30 plus years. These days it's accompanied by a grey goatee..... I know it's grey because the nice lady where I was renewing my BC Driver's License pronounced it thus. laugh

It might make one look younger though Doc and none of us appear to be getting younger, so I'll vote a "yea" for the motion and add that you can always grow it back if you aren't happy with it.

All the best to you and yours Doc - Happy Canada Day as an ex-pat and Happy Fourth of July to you as a current.

Dwayne

Happy Dominion Day back atcha, Dwayne.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by CaneSlinger
Be advised Doc that if you shave off the 'stache your upper lip will look enormous. You will be convinced that a good pilot could land a Cessna 182 on it!
I know, I shaved mine off once.

LOL!! Hadn't thought of the aviation angle. I recently read Robin Olds' autobiography... now, that was an aviator's mustache! Mine, not so much...

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I grow a beard & shave it a few times a year. It's completely white now (I am not yet 40!!) and AI like to (half) joke that the reason I go to all the trouble is that shaving all that white hair takes 15 yrs off my face! It really does make me look younger when I keep the face bare!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Flave is right about a lot of things, although it pains me to admit that in public.

He is becoming Carnac (Johnny Carson) like. Scary

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Go for it.
Change can make you reassess your decision, as they say "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone". grin

Who knows, some young thing may want to take you home since you'll look ten years younger. Or not.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Shave that chit off.
And fer cryin' out loud, no mustache.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If you go clean shaved, wouldn't you also need a new alias to go with?

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hey doc I saw a video that the county commisioner took out your way. Seems the east side of the "big lake" is full for the first time in decades. Pretty neat

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Do it Doc....you don't have a hair on yer ass ifn ya don't!!!!! grin

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
I've had a moustache since I was 20, and a full beard since I was 23. Never shaved off the moustache even once, but the beard came off for 3 weeks when I went into med school for reasons that are hard to articulate. (But it scared the bejabbers outta my daughters that first day, I must admit.)

But this past week or six I've looked at a bunch of photos taken of me and I seriously doubt I care for my beard no more.

I haven't seen my nekkid face in the mirror since I was a no-nothing kid. Maybe it's about time to do so.

GOOD GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! shocked

Oh! Oh! There we have it!!!

The answer to the question!!!

The Lady has spoken and we don't want to suffer 'Ire' of the lady!!!!

That's like committing Hari Kari!!!

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (35, 21, 358wsm, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 10Glocks, 16 invisible), 1,496 guests, and 870 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,943
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.