Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Couldn't access the Campfire all day until just a minute ago. Same thing happened a few days ago. Is it just me?

I'm better when I move.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
don't get here a lot, but no problems.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sun spots. naw, there are times but I thought it was my computer.
"24hourcampfire not responding"
happens early in the morning.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I click on my bookmark and nothing happens. Same thing with Firefox and Safari.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard to say where the problem lies. Earlier today the Campfire got really slow. Visited another reliable site and it was slow too. Problem magically disappeared a few minutes later so it was probably my ISP. Other times when the Campfire was slow I traced it to a router between here and there, self-healed after a few minutes too. Other times it was the Campfire, mostly but not always when Rick was making system updates.

Wish it was sunspots. We're at a solar peak but it is a very low solar peak. I miss the northern lights.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From here to there today runs through 10 different routers and any one of them can burp.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FlaRick
I click on my bookmark and nothing happens. Same thing with Firefox and Safari.

Same problem here.

FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It must be a "Rick" thing.

I'm better when I move.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Not to worry it's just the NSA making a connection. grin

This to will pass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That could be another glitch between here and there. There are nodes on the net (domain name servers) that translate "www.24hourcampfire.com" to 67.220.214.234 which is the real (IP) address the network uses to find the Campfire. Sometimes they burp too. And sometimes your ISP messes up and can't find the node to resolve the address. Connecting to a remote server is a complicated business.

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Same thing here -- for several months. Plus my malware and virus catchers are working overtime and, looking at the increasing number of [bleep] posting here and the obvious breakdown of security linked to ads here, I think it is past time to stand down on the cmpfire. As it is, I am lucky to get through a quick read of the few threads that interest me w/o it totally freezing up.

Yeah, I know, don't let the door hit me in the ass on the way out.

1B

FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am at the tail end of a DSL line in very rural Virginia, if that means anything. However, every other bookmark that I clicked on worked fine.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That could be a problem if the traffic on the DSL line is too heavy, but then everything would be slow. Too many possibilities to say long distance, could be all the junk ads this site likes to send. I run with shields up so I don't see that. (Firefox, Adblock Plus, NoScript, Zone Alarm for anti-virus/anti-malware)

Which explains a lot.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
FlaRick: I been coming here for over 11 years and never had a problem logging on.
I wonder if your computer has a glitch?
Hope you get things straightened out soon.
Best of luck to you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It isn't a glitch. There is a 15 minute span on here about 5 days ago that didn't have a single post. There is something going on, and it isn't all sunspots...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nighthawk
That could be another glitch between here and there. There are nodes on the net (domain name servers) that translate "www.24hourcampfire.com" to 67.220.214.234 which is the real (IP) address the network uses to find the Campfire. Sometimes they burp too. And sometimes your ISP messes up and can't find the node to resolve the address. Connecting to a remote server is a complicated business.

be that as it may, the 'fire is the ONLY site I am having connectivity issues with. The only one. The problem is internal with the forum, not the surrounding nodes and servers.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We must be the most monitored by The Dear Leader and cohorts.

I feel kind oh honored. laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by nighthawk

be that as it may, the 'fire is the ONLY site I am having connectivity issues with. The only one. The problem is internal with the forum, not the surrounding nodes and servers.

I'm not sure that the problem is internal with the forum, but I have experienced major hangups and freezes for over the past week that seem to be specific to the the 24hourCampfire site.

I usually click on the Hunter's Campfire and Classified lists, and I have noted that most of the day each is serving over 500 users. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I typically get great response from other sites, whether local or international.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Couldn't access the Campfire all day until just a minute ago. Same thing happened a few days ago. Is it just me?

It often takes me several times to log on. I put in my username and password, and it welcomes me to the site. The second I punch in where I want to go (hunter's forum) it says I am not logged in. Sometimes it takes 6 or more attempts. Frustrating for sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looking at the other threads active today I gotta think it's one of the ad services pumping through bad scripts. I haven't had any problems but like I said I run with shields up. Don't like it, some of the ads I don't see would be helpful.

Which explains a lot.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

441 members (1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,472,005
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.