T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SansSouci
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by bea175
I will never cast a vote for a Democrat regardless.
Nothing wrong with that...but take it further an never vote for a Republican...that's just buying into their BS. The Republican party TALKS conservative, and acts either liberal or moderate.
Wrong. No repubs voted for 0 care.
If Obama needed Republicans to pass it, he would have gotten it. Don't forget that Romeny said he was going to "fix" Obamacare, not end it.
Right. Republicans knew it would have severely harmed them politically to vote for it, but key Republicans would have gotten the direction to vote for it were their votes needed to pass it.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BKinSD

They seem to think that because they are correct on the issues, that any tactics in support of their candidacies are also correct, despite what decorum or the law might say. That makes them no better than the liberals who they seek to unseat.
So? That's the only way anyone's going to WIN over the damn dems.. THEY have no qualms about fighting with a 'no-holds-barred' mentality. WE lose because we 'play nice' and 'ethical'..

And those little nuances will allow the left to keep right on a-winnin'...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If Obama needed Republicans to pass it, he would have gotten it.
Don't forget that Romeny said he was going to "fix" Obamacare, not end it.
Right. Republicans knew it would have severely harmed them politically to vote for it, but key Republicans would have gotten the direction to vote for it were their votes needed to pass it.

TOTAL BULL.
Romney campaigned on replacing ObamaCare, not on fixing it.
Can't you guys even get these simple facts right?

6/28/12 Mitt Romney declared Thursday that he would �act to repeal Obamacare� if he was elected president, saying that he agreed with the dissenting justices in the Supreme Court ruling on Thursday.

With the Capitol over his shoulder and standing in front of a podium with a sign that read �Repeal and Replace Obamacare,� Mr. Romney said the health of the American economy depended on getting rid of the health care law.

�Our mission is clear: if we want to get rid of Obamacare, we are going to have to replace President Obama,� Mr. Romney said. �That is my mission. That is our work. And I�m asking the American people to join me.�

Mr. Romney said the court�s ruling underscored the choice before American voters, one that he said was between bigger government that could take away health insurance choices or a Republican plan to preserve them.

�We have to make sure that people who want to keep their current insurance will be able to do so,� Mr. Romney said in the brief statement. �This is now the time for the American people to make a choice.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wait for the spin, you know it's coming.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

NO. Him and the pencil neck have made a cottage industry of effing up facts...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If Obama needed Republicans to pass it, he would have gotten it.
Don't forget that Romeny said he was going to "fix" Obamacare, not end it.

TOTAL BULL.
Romney campaigned on replacing ObamaCare, not on fixing it.

6/28/12 Mitt Romney declared Thursday that he would �act to repeal Obamacare� if he was elected president, saying that he agreed with the dissenting justices in the Supreme Court ruling on Thursday.

With the Capitol over his shoulder and standing in front of a podium with a sign that read �Repeal and Replace Obamacare,� Mr. Romney said the health of the American economy depended on getting rid of the health care law.

�Our mission is clear: if we want to get rid of Obamacare, we are going to have to replace President Obama,� Mr. Romney said. �That is my mission. That is our work. And I�m asking the American people to join me.�

Mr. Romney said the court�s ruling underscored the choice before American voters, one that he said was between bigger government that could take away health insurance choices or a Republican plan to preserve them.

�We have to make sure that people who want to keep their current insurance will be able to do so,� Mr. Romney said in the brief statement. �This is now the time for the American people to make a choice.�

Damn you got me back into this thing. Republicans wanted to repeal ObamaCare and replace it with RepublicanCare. We still would have had government health care.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Damn you got me back into this thing. Republicans wanted to repeal ObamaCare and replace it with RepublicanCare. We still would have had government health care.
The establishment of the Republican Party certainly wants something like Obamacare. While true, however, the Tea Party element in the Republican Party actually had some excellent free-market based ideas for addressing the health care issue.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The Republican Health Care plans that I have looked at move coverage back to the patient, their doctor and their private insurance. Much of the remaining government stuff would handled at the state level with block grants from the Feds.

There are several plans being sponsored by various Republican Governors, Senators, and House leadership.
They all await dumping Harry Reid out of his job of running the Senate.

They all include more high-risk insurance pools, health savings accounts and small businesses pools to purchase coverage together.
Full portability across state lines and reform of medical malpractice laws.
Block grant Medicaid and shift Medicare to premium support.

There is a lot in here to greatly cut health-care costs and to getthe Federal out of the health-care business.

Both ObamaCare and what we had before fall way short and cost way too much.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
For those of you thinking we had a two party system... this should clear things up.
+1000. Exactly why I am not a republican anymore.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and no I'm not a dipchit democrap either

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Republican Health Care plans that I have looked at move coverage back to the patient, their doctor and their private insurance. Much of the remaining government stuff would handled at the state level with block grants from the Feds.

There are several plans being sponsored by various Republican Governors, Senators, and House leadership.
They all await dumping Harry Reid out of his job of running the Senate.

They all include more high-risk insurance pools, health savings accounts and small businesses pools to purchase coverage together.
Full portability across state lines and reform of medical malpractice laws.
Block grant Medicaid and shift Medicare to premium support.

There is a lot in here to greatly cut health-care costs and to getthe Federal out of the health-care business.

Both ObamaCare and what we had before fall way short and cost way too much.

The health care problem was created by government and you really think government especially a Republican run government is going to fix it?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lastround
Sometimes the lessor of two evils is the only way to vote, like it or not.......

laffin'

Voting for somebody that you do 'not' support doesn't make much sense.

http://www.sott.net/article/252051-The-fallacy-of-voting-for-the-lesser-of-two-evils

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rino Republicans are just as scared of the Tea party as the communists.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
We differ because you are, in my opinion-based on your posts, a left of center moderate. You keep assuming and trying to put words in other folks' mouth.. Third time now (and maybe it will sink in) I supported the challenger in this election and condemmed the establishment GOP. Then again, I was totally against that kook-female in Delaware. Didn't like the establishment Repubican either, but ANYTHING is better than ANY democrat. If that isn't the antithesis of pre-conceived and lock step, again, I can't help you. And your remedy is....?
Okay, my apologies for getting your meaning wrong. I should have apologized earlier, but I was at the doctor's office.

First, apologies for such a long rebuttal, but I just want to be as clear as possible on how I'm neither left or right.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
We differ because you are, in my opinion-based on your posts, a left of center moderate.

I�m just not on the scale; that�s the problem. Republicans and Democrats are always very uneasy with a true independent, because they feel a need to �classify� a person and put them in a box. And of course that box is on THEIR scale.

I�m betting you�re neither Nazi or Communist, Nazi being right wing and Communist being Left wing...so on that scale, I�m betting you would find yourself just not fitting anywhere because you have nothing in common with Nazi's or Communists; what do you think?

You say I�m a left of center moderate. Let�s re-visit what I stand for politically and see what you think. I�ve laid out what my political platform and beliefs are here....
From this thread: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...e/Re_What_happened_to_Jeff_O#Post8934935

As background of why I made this post...I believe someone again labeled me a moderate and said I don�t stand for anything, and here�s how I responded...
Quite the opposite, I left the Republican party because I do stand for something, and I figured out the ONLY thing they stand for is the vote...Prove to me I'm wrong.

I stand for sound economics; neither party has a clue what that is.

I stand for personal privacy; neither party agrees with me.

I stand for the 2nd Amendment; one party is against, the other party will sell out if the price is right.

I stand opposed to the "War on Drugs" because it's a miserable failure; both parties disagree with me.

I stand for religious freedom; One party is for anything but Christianity, the other is for Christianity only.

I stand for congressional term limits; both parties disagree with me.

I stand for congressional accountability for dealing with lobbyists; both parties disagree with me.

I stand for a "fair tax" (consumption based taxation); both parties disagree with me.

Do you see why I'm not interested in either party yet?

So looking at that, I�m not sure how one gets �left of center�. If I'm constantly in disagreement with the left and the right, thinking both are just wrong, I don't see how that puts me in the center. Center would mean I agree with half of one side and half of the other side. So I'm not even on the scale; I'm not a moderate, I'm an Independent...I'm completely Independent of the ways and agendas of the Republican and Democratic parties.

I just don�t think either party has the answers to America�s problems. Instead I think the Republican and Democratic parties ARE America's problem.

I think you get the impression I�m a bit to the left because my views are often contrary to members of this foum; so I can get how you would think that. This forum is very pro-Republican and very pro right wing. So you never get to see how I respond to Democrats and leftists because we just don't really have any here. So since I�m in opposition to the very Republican views on this forum, it can seem at times I appear pro-left...but if we took the left's side on the same exact issue, you'd see me tear into them.

I mean look at my list above..I�m betting you agree with me on more than one issue listed above, yet BOTH parties stand opposed to my position. So how does that make me left or right...I�m just not on the scale.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
especially a Republican run government

Read the Bobby Jindal health insurance plan and get back to us.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Way too many generalities in your treatise and way too many assumptions that are, well, flat out wrong. Basically ALL your "Is" are opinions on how Republicans view them are gross generalizations, not to mention wrong. Not all Rs, oppose the Fair Tax, term limits, privacy. And your "Christianity Only " assumption is outrageously in error. Really no democrats here? seriously???

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I�m betting you�re neither Nazi or Communist, Nazi being right wing and Communist being Left wing.
Kevin, what you're describing there is the false substitute for the left-right continuum that was imposed by leftist academia following WWII. Prior to that, all understood (going back to post-revolutionary France, where the concept originated) that left wing denotes the position which favors concentrated state power and an intrusive and unlimited government while right wing denotes the position which favors decentralized state power and strictly limited, non-intrusive, government.

The false substitute to which you allude makes the scale completely meaningless and thus of no use, and that on purpose.

After WWII, leftist intellectuals became concerned about the many examples of the prewar victories of leftism in governments transforming societies into virtual despotic hell holes, to include both the Nazis and the Communists. In order to nullify the damage they feared this would do to their cause, they created and imposed, from their remaining base of power within academia, the false left-right continuum you describe, i.e., the one that nonsensically places Nazi Germany on the far right and the Soviet Union on the far left, whereas in actuality they are both properly positioned on the far left, being two examples of centrally consolidated states with intrusive and unlimited governments.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

So you are going to quit voting?

I'm serious I'm not jerking your chain.

I haven't decided if i will vote in the next Presidential Election or not, I'm waiting to see who is going to be running . This is one election i may just sit out.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

So you are going to quit voting?

I'm serious I'm not jerking your chain.

I haven't decided if i will vote in the next Presidential Election or not, I'm waiting to see who is going to be running . This is one election i may just sit out.
At least show up to vote for your choice for the House of Representatives.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sarah Palin has written at great length...

Thats funny!

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1_deuce, 257_X_50, 222Sako, 2500HD, 257 mag, 1minute, 62 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,562
Posts18,473,169
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.