Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Best looking/running Avalanche in the state! Maybe in the US! ( maybe a LITTLE Hyperbole.... smile ) but true in my opinion. Gets lots of looks and compliments. Year model is 2003 but looks, runs and rides like much newer. Slight lift kit (leveling only) in the front to level it and accomodate bigger aggressive tires, 11.5x33x16's. Bright Yellow with black body armour and custom shiny black 16x8 wheels. Almost brand new set of TOYO Mud Terrain tires, 10 ply AND a full set of Hankook mud and snow tires with double studs AND siping come with it! Z-71 package means that in addition to 4WD you get a limited slip differential and skid plates. BOSE surround sound system, 6 disk CD changer, Heated Leather seats with adjustable lumbar pads on both front seats, 12 way electric adjustments, all of the compute gizmos and tracking systems, this truck is a lot like my old (miss this one) Caddilac CTS but with very good off road and bad weather capabilities and safety. ALSO, I had a custom winch added to the rear compartment for help in loading ORV's, motorcycles, other large heavy loads. Was a handy device when I first bought the truck and was doing more outdoor stuff. 204,000 miles on it, but 99% of that was my business use when I was an active Estate planner and travelling over the Blues all the time to places like Enterprise, up into Wenatchee etc at all times. In addition, I had a brand new, zero miles Chevrolet/GM Crate motor installed BY GM MECHANICS three years ago at the 164,000 mile point. Valves and lifters were getting noisy so a new complete motor went in. This Motor only has 40,000 mi on it. Transmission, motor and differentials all changed over to Ams Oil full Synthetic oils and lubricants. Perfect maintenence, upkeep etc. Since I bought it in 2009 with 94,000 miles on it. This has been my business work vehicle, my play vehicle and my baby. But I think I need a full size Diesel truck now. $8995/offer, can consider shootin irons as partial trade if that will help you buy this truck. Have clean and clear title, never salvaged, never wrecked. Has the towing package, and I have easily towed both my last owned 25 foot trailer and my previous camp trailer of 29 feet and 7,000lbs. Sold them both but this Fuel injected 5.3 Litre V-8 gets good fuel mileage, but will tow almost any reasonable pull trailer. This is the truck that Rattler, Asphaltangel and I all took to Tennesee and back. Zero glitches that trip, and if you want to buy it and have it delivered to Upper Maine or NY or Florida, I will drive it there and will have zero difficulty on that trip as far as the vehicle is concerned. $8995/offer, can take a couple of guns as partial trade if that will help you.

I tried to post up some photos, but it seems like photobuckets page or site is down and out right now. I will try to post pictures later in the day, assuming photobucket gets back on line soon.

PM me for some cell phone pics or other questions, details etc.

This is a truly great truck. Comfortable, reliable x 1000 and very off road capable all at the same time. I don't need the winch, off road capability etc. any longer. I hope this one goes to a good home.

Last edited by safariman; 09/20/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Best looking/running Avalanche in the state! Maybe in the US, in my opinion.

Oversell.
Under deliver.
You should write a book.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You have seen it? I will keep trying to get photobuckets page to open, but this is one sharp looking Avalanche. Hate to sell it, thought I would keep it until I passed away, but find myself needing larger truck now or I would have hung onto this one forever.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
204,000 miles?
It's barely broke in........

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
40K on the motor, so you are about right! And business/highway use does not beat down a vehicle like other uses can. Add in great maintenence and lots of waxing and the very best in synthetic lubes and oil... this truck has many, many years and miles left in her.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So why did you worry about all the winches and it's off road awesomeness, if it was just a highway rig?

Have Dog

Will Travel

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You are going to buy a larger truck? In every other post you say you are broke?

I cannot keep up with the drama.

Do you have all maintenance records and receipts of the additions you describe above? Can you provide detailed photos of every single imperfection inside and out since buyers will be likely buying it sight unseen?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GregW

Do you have all maintenance records and receipts of the additions you describe above? Can you provide detailed photos of every single imperfection inside and out since buyers will be likely buying it sight unseen?

Dollar for dollar exchange, not hard to do. Sell truck A, get truck B. You really cannot be THAT dense, could not figure that simple thing out all on your own, can you?

Nice to see that my stalkers are still alive and well. Don't see some of them much until it is time to get all negative and such.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Are you towing a bunch now?

I went the other direction, I sold my last diesel as then downsized to a truck with a gasoline engine. The cost per mile is significantly less from the cost of fuel to oil changes to repairs the gas trucks are just cheaper to run

Which diesel are you going with?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice to see that my "stalkers" are still alive and well. Don't see some of them much until it is time to get all negative and such.

Scab-pickers is a better term to describe some of them.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To bad it wasn't the 3/4 ton with 8.1 liter that is one bad ass motor horrible gas mileage but man they pull hard..

Last edited by 79S; 09/20/14.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
T
Phone number? You are unable to send a pm to as it says you are over the limit when I tried

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by GregW

Dollar for dollar exchange, not hard to do. Sell truck A, get truck B. You really cannot be THAT dense, could not figure that simple thing out all on your own, can you?

Nice to see that my stalkers are still alive and well. Don't see some of them much until it is time to get all negative and such.

Stalker? This stuff follows you around whenever you post.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Might sell my truck too. Original paint, less than 101k miles, dried pig blood in bed. Best offer over, I dunno, 10k or 2 supergrades (scoped). Ford 4x4, AM/FM and air. Manual windows, no wenches included.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tcinkgm
Phone number? You are unable to send a pm to as it says you are over the limit when I tried

Thanks for the heads up, sorry about that. I just cleaned out a bunch of messages so I can again recieve a PM. I am sending you one now with my telephone number.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just uploaded this from my phone to Photobucket to post here as a test. Seems to be up and running now if you'd like to post a few pics.

[Linked Image]

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL!!! Steve did you have a late night last night.

GA precision all day long
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oregon game kept me up late. That's actually a '73 Type LT Z/28 that I moved out of my old garage into storage last weekend. I'm remotivated to finish it up after the new workshop is done.

Those tow dollies don't back too well........just FYI.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many times have you used this bucket of bolts as an excuse to sell junker guns to keep it running.. or to keep it in gear... or to keep it in tires? I remember motor problems, I remember transmission rebuild, and I remember trading someone for used tires.

You still don't understand do you? People know you here..

wink

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 61 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,435
Posts18,470,821
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.