Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pete E Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I watched an interesting documentary tonight that postulated that the fatal shot that killed JFK was actually an ND fired by a SS agent in the chase car.

Apparently this has been touted before, but this investigation also considered additional evidence/files/testimony made public during the Clinton administration.

Essentially, the theory is that Oswald fired only two shots, and that in the heat of the moment and as a reaction to these, an SS Agent in the chase car picked up a loaded and cocked AR15, but in the commotion/confusion, had an ND that struck JFK in the head resulting in the horrific head wound.

Part of this is based on testimony of several witnesses in and around the motorcade that they could smell gunpowder after the third shot and also evidence from the autopsy.

This records the entrance hole to the head wound as measuring 6mm in diameter which is too small for a bullet from Oswald's 6.5, but the correct size for a 5.56mm from an AR15.

They also note the head wound itself and the massive tissue damage is more in keeping with a frangible bullet from an AR15 than an FMJ as used by Oswald.

I am not sure we will ever know the truth, but if a second shooter was involved, a simple "cock up" seems more likely than some of the very complex conspiracy theories advanced by some..

Last edited by Pete E; 10/10/14.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Having watched the video more than a few times... I cant imagine anyone thinking the last shot came from the rear ?

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think the AR15/M16 was in wide use in 1963, let alone by the Secret Service. I also think someone would have eventually spilled the beans about the ND, and found a 5.56 shell casing either in the chase vehicle, or the street.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
the fatal shot came from the front......

Pete E Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Having watched the video more than a few times... I cant imagine anyone thinking the last shot came from the rear ?

They looked at the position of KFJ's head in the various footage and also the position of the entrance and exit wounds, plus the massive damage done to the brain and the skull. They deduced some angles ect, and its seems a shot coming from the chase car best fits the evidence.

Plus, the agent concerned was photographed holding the AR15 with one hand sort of trying to steady himself in the chase car as it speeds forward..He even gave testimony to the Warren Commission that he picked up the rifle from the floor of the car, but of course did not say he fired it..

I've seen the head flip footage debated lots of times, and I am keeping an open mind as to how JFK' body is reacting..

That said, an ND from a chase car does seem a very plausible idea and would also perhaps explain the actions of SS following the autopsy which did smack of a cover up...

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I don't think the AR15/M16 was in wide use in 1963, let alone by the Secret Service. I also think someone would have eventually spilled the beans about the ND, and found a 5.56 shell casing either in the chase vehicle, or the street.

There was one in use that day in the car behind Kennedy. That much has been proven, along with the fact that it was pulled up for operation.

Many people on the street by the motorcade smelled burnt gunpowder afterwards too. That pretty much means some firearm discharged at that level, and proximity.

Not saying it happened that way, but it could have.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AFTERUM
the fatal shot came from the front......

Disagree. The fatal shot came from the 6th floor of the school book depository, just like the Warren Commission said.

This has been proven beyond all doubt, through computer animation.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Pete E

I am not sure we will ever know the truth ...

It all connects back to international bankers.

(rim shot)

But seriously, Pete, the vast majority of Americans cannot keep a secret, no matter how many oaths they take over their professional careers.

If a Secret Service agent had an ND and killed the president, a lot of people would have known about it and I would say that at least half of them would have written it up in memoir form to be published after their deaths. A lot of them are dead of old age now.

There hasn't been a peep and we are a nation of blabbermouths.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've seen the head flip footage debated lots of times, and I am keeping an open mind as to how JFK' body is reacting..

A reaction to a heavy bullet headshot and a high velocity hollowpoint are different enough that I could buy the .223 HP from the rear being the cause of that trauma and reaction.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Here's the vid that sealed it for me. There is no doubt, he was shot from the rear.

That doesn't mean that a conspiracy never transpired or that Oswald wasn't what he said he was, a patsy.

IC B3

Pete E Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tjm10025

It all connects back to international bankers.

(rim shot)

But seriously, Pete, the vast majority of Americans cannot keep a secret, no matter how many oaths they take over their professional careers.

If a Secret Service agent had an ND and killed the president, a lot of people would have known about it and I would say that at least half of them would have written it up in memoir form to be published after their deaths. A lot of them are dead of old age now.

There hasn't been a peep and we are a nation of blabbermouths.

Maybe, or maybe not, not with something of this magnitude anyway..

The documentary also mentioned that Clinton ordered a re examination of all the documents/evidence with a view to them being made public.

Many of the agency's complied but the Secret Service just happened to have destroyed all the stuff they had a week before the order was given..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have spent the last 50+ years reading everything that I can about the assassination. There is far too much evidence that was ignored or altered by the Warren Commission for it to stand as a valid investigation.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
It was the Mob
no it was Castro
no the Russians
any way you cut it he died that day

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
It was Jackie Kennedy,she had enough of his whorin' around.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have you guys ever BEEN to Dealy Plaza? I have. I stood on the X in the street , looked up at that window and the first thing I said was - "I could make that shot". Slow moving open car moving slightly away - It's a fairly easy shot that I would think most guys on here could make.

The longest shot was a hair over 100 yards.

[Linked Image]

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Two years ago I had an opportunity to visit the site of the shooting and look though the window of the 6th floor. There are 2 X's painted on the street indicating where the car was when the 2 shots were fired that hit.

Not saying there isn't more to the story, but I was struck by how easy the shots would have been. Just about anyone with any hunting experience could have made either shot more than 50% of the time. The car was traveling less than 5 mph and was almost straight away for the 2nd shot at about 40 yards. The 1st shot was at a bit of an angle, but only about 30 yards. Hunters make that shot at walking deer from elevated tree stands all the time.

The whole area is much smaller in person than it appears on TV. I see no way anyone with a gun could have gone unseen firing from the front. There is simply no place to hide and they would have been only about 20-25 yards from the car at the time of the 2nd shot.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The gov't has a hard time keeping real secrets - like the names of our spies, and software for submarines.

The idea that someone in our gov't arranged/covered up such a shocking/historic crime, and no one ever spilled the beans in 51 years just doesn't pass the smell test. And if it was Castro/the Mafia/the CIA/the KGB was believed to have done the deed, that organization would have been hunted to the ends of the earth.

If a large organization(with resources) wanted Kennedy gone, they would have picked a different method. Shooting at a moving car was a fairly low percentage shot. They could have just arranged for his mistress to be revealed, or some other embarrassing trick. The risk would have been far less.

No one wants to believe one jackass could knock off the Potus, but he was skilled, and lucky enough to do so.

Pete E Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
The gov't has a hard time keeping real secrets - like the names of our spies, and software for submarines.

The idea that someone in our gov't arranged/covered up such a shocking/historic crime, and no one ever spilled the beans in 51 years just doesn't pass the smell test. And if it was Castro/the Mafia/the CIA/the KGB was believed to have done the deed, that organization would have been hunted to the ends of the earth.

If a large organization(with resources) wanted Kennedy gone, they would have picked a different method. Shooting at a moving car was a fairly low percentage shot. They could have just arranged for his mistress to be revealed, or some other embarrassing trick. The risk would have been far less.

No one wants to believe one jackass could knock off the Potus, but he was skilled, and lucky enough to do so.

How do you explain the 6mm entrance hole in the skull?

If that information was recorded accurately during the autopsy, surely it rules out the shot coming from Oswald's 6.5mm?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JMR40
Two years ago I had an opportunity to visit the site of the shooting and look though the window of the 6th floor. There are 2 X's painted on the street indicating where the car was when the 2 shots were fired that hit.

Not saying there isn't more to the story, but I was struck by how easy the shots would have been. Just about anyone with any hunting experience could have made either shot more than 50% of the time. The car was traveling less than 5 mph and was almost straight away for the 2nd shot at about 40 yards. The 1st shot was at a bit of an angle, but only about 30 yards. Hunters make that shot at walking deer from elevated tree stands all the time.

The whole area is much smaller in person than it appears on TV. I see no way anyone with a gun could have gone unseen firing from the front. There is simply no place to hide and they would have been only about 20-25 yards from the car at the time of the 2nd shot.

Agreed, I have been there. It is a fairly small area. The idea that someone was hiding "on the grassy knoll" with a high powered rifle is laughable. It's just not that big of an area, and there were several people gathered there. No way a man with a rifle would have been there unnoticed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TJM10025 - " ... There hasn't been a peep and we are a nation of blabbermouths."

Please do not cloud the issue with the facts. wink

Complex and abstruse conspiracies are far more interesting and fun than facts. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

442 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 160user, 163bc, 1lesfox, 43 invisible), 2,780 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,655
Posts18,533,871
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.