Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nutshell

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's very little question these guys would be cleared in a criminal trail. Think of the money they would be out to satisfy the race hustlers. The grand jury prevented this as it was designed to do.

In the near past crooks new what was going to happen if they resisted arrest. The do gooders have the cops hands tied where they have to try to talk them into going peacefully. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by 4ager
what bothers me isn't the choke hold, its the man telling them he can't breathe - like 9 times?

at what point do, you know, actually care that the guy might be in distress and its more important that he live than it is to keep your knee on his neck?

if there was video of me - not as a cop but as a man, lets say Garner was threatening me - not life threatening but general mouthing off and I made the decision to take him down, I had him subdued - and he told me 9 times he couldn't breathe - my ass would be in jail.

and throw in on top of it, there is a police policy against a choke hold or attempting to use a choke hold.

I think this cop needs to go to trial. I didn't think that about Wilson or George Zimmerman

also, I don't claim to be an expert on grand jury's but I can tell you that if you don't have a strong willed foreman on the jury or a group of people willing to confront authority, then they are mostly a rubber stamp for whatever the D.A. is pitching - innocent or guilty.

JFC.

I guess I have to plead ignorance to what that stands for although I guess I have a good idea what the "F" is.

Yep, you'd have to do that.

There's a LOT more evidence than the video, including the ME report. Of course, not even 12 of the 24 on the GJ voted to indict, even with all the evidence, all the questioning they can and did do to the witnesses, and everything else.

I'd wager they got it more right than anyone watching a small clip of a video and having that as the only thing they have as evidence.

Then again, I don't buy into mob lynching as easily as some seem to do.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
what bothers me isn't the choke hold, its the man telling them he can't breathe - like 9 times?

at what point do, you know, actually care that the guy might be in distress and its more important that he live than it is to keep your knee on his neck?

if there was video of me - not as a cop but as a man, lets say Garner was threatening me - not life threatening but general mouthing off and I made the decision to take him down, I had him subdued - and he told me 9 times he couldn't breathe - my ass would be in jail.

and throw in on top of it, there is a police policy against a choke hold or attempting to use a choke hold.

I think this cop needs to go to trial. I didn't think that about Wilson or George Zimmerman

also, I don't claim to be an expert on grand jury's but I can tell you that if you don't have a strong willed foreman on the jury or a group of people willing to confront authority, then they are mostly a rubber stamp for whatever the D.A. is pitching - innocent or guilty.

We had a young officer once. Worked for us for about 6 months. Responded to a domestic, started fighting with the aggressor because he failed to comply with orders. Jake took him to the ground, and a few seconds later we heard please I can't breathe, I need help. Jake got up off of him and seconds later a shot rang out. That gunshot came from a 2 inch 357 that the suspect had stuffed in the front of his jeans. That shot entered under Jake's vest and severed his spinal chord...he schits and pisses in a bag, and lives in a wheelchair now.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can remember my time on the grand jury

A junkie showed up at a guys house - the guy was home, minding his own business and the junkie, who didn't have the ability to drive downtown to get his heroin fix, convinced the guy to take him downtown and get him heroin from his supplier (the guy sold heroin but didn't have any)

So he gets him his heroin, the guy and junkie go back to his house, and the guy, the junkie and his wife all shoot up. The next morning the guy and his wife wake up to find the junkie dead on their floor.

And our job on the grand jury was to indict this junkie for murder.

Well we objected almost unanimously to indicting this guy because we felt the junkie was responsible for his own death, so we voted no.

We brought the D.A back into the room and told him and he talked some more to us about how the dealer supplied the heroin and took it upon himself to get heroin for the junkie , to think it over again...so we met again, talked about how were were comfortable with the guy getting indicting for selling heroin but still balked at the murder charge (maybe it was manslaughter, I really can't remember now).

So we bring the D.A. back in and tell him and he just unloads on us, tells us we don't understand the law and we can just indict on intent to sell because that would also mean he was culpable in the junkies death and we were ignoring the law as it was explained to us. I wouldn't call it angry, but clearly he was exercising his power in the room.

So eventually he wore us down and we indicted the guy for all the counts they wanted.

After that, we have maybe 5 or 6 more cases that we didn't really think the charges reflected the actions, but none of us wanted to go thru the browbeating by the D.A. again.

That's why I say unless you have a strong willed foreman or people willing to confront authority, they are a rubber stamp for what the D.A is pitching.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A junkie showed up at a guys house - the guy was home, minding his own business and the junkie, who didn't have the ability to drive downtown to get his heroin fix, convinced the guy to take him downtown and get him heroin from his supplier (the guy sold heroin but didn't have any)

So he gets him his heroin, the guy and junkie go back to his house, and the guy, the junkie and his wife all shoot up. The next morning the guy and his wife wake up to find the junkie dead on their floor.

Well we objected almost unanimously to indicting this guy because we felt the junkie was responsible for his own death, so we voted no.

We brought the D.A back into the room and told him and he talked some more to us about how the dealer supplied the heroin and took it upon himself to get heroin for the junkie , to think it over again...so we met again, talked about how were were comfortable with the guy getting indicting for selling heroin but still balked at the murder charge (maybe it was manslaughter, I really can't remember now).

So we bring the D.A. back in and tell him and he just unloads on us, tells us we don't understand the law and we can just indict on intent to sell because that would also mean he was culpable in the junkies death and we were ignoring the law as it was explained to us. I wouldn't call it angry, but clearly he was exercising his power in the room.

So eventually he wore us down and we indicted the guy for all the counts they wanted.

After that, we have maybe 5 or 6 more cases that we didn't really think the charges reflected the actions, but none of us wanted to go thru the browbeating by the D.A. again.

That's why I say unless you have a strong willed foreman or people willing to confront authority, they are a rubber stamp for what the D.A is pitching.

So, basically, you have no backbone and didn't have the guts to tell the DA that the GJ had reached a decision, therefore you committed a miscarriage of justice...several times over.

And, now the entire system is broken because you're too damned weak to uphold your civic duty?

Quite telling, actually.

I'm sure you sleep very well at night, considering how many people's lives you may have ruined because you're a coward.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by gitem_12

We had a young officer once. Worked for us for about 6 months. Responded to a domestic, started fighting with the aggressor because he failed to comply with orders. Jake took him to the ground, and a few seconds later we heard please I can't breathe, I need help. Jake got up off of him and seconds later a shot rang out. That gunshot came from a 2 inch 357 that the suspect had stuffed in the front of his jeans. That shot entered under Jake's vest and severed his spinal chord...he schits and pisses in a bag, and lives in a wheelchair now.

That's exactly the type of "crying wolf" scenario that came to mind for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like I said---a giant, sloppy, stanky vagina.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So, basically, you have no backbone and didn't have the guts to tell the DA that the GJ had reached a decision, therefore you committed a miscarriage of justice...several times over.

And, now the entire system is broken because you're too damned weak to uphold your civic duty?

Quite telling, actually.

I'm sure you sleep very well at night, considering how many people's lives you may have ruined because you're a coward.

interesting -

I'm sure somewhere you feel a sense of pride for showing how big a dick you can be on the internet.

I did my civic duty by being on the grand jury in the first place and voted my conscience - which was following the law as it was written - probably the same approach that this grand jury followed.

perhaps you'd have more respect for us had we voted what we initially wanted in spite of the law?

Last edited by KFWA; 12/04/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman

was he crying wolf?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You couldn't handle a lawyer "browbeating" you, but you know all about how cops should be handling this giant black convict.

Awesome.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Quite telling, actually.

interesting -

I'm sure somewhere you feel a sense of pride for showing how big a dick you can be on the internet.

I did my civic duty by being on the grand jury in the first place and voted my conscience - which was following the law as it was written - probably the same approach that this grand jury followed.

I'm not being a dick. I'm pointing out that though you voted your conscience, you caved and became a coward. When you did that, you committed a miscarriage of justice (several times over, by your own admission). That may well have ruined the lives of many people; you don't know or care, obviously.

Because you didn't have the backbone to do what was right, you think the GJ in this case, and the system in general, lacks the intestinal fortitude to uphold the Constitution as you did.

Personally, I think more highly of the GJ system and our system of justice than you do, and think that the 24 GJ members on that GJ in NYC did as they should have done when weighing all the evidence.

You, didn't. Just because you didn't, doesn't mean the system is broken. The problem then wasn't the system; it was the GJ (yours).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
You couldn't handle a lawyer "browbeating" you, but you know all about how cops should be handling this giant black convict.

Awesome.

what I know is a man died and was pleading to breath.

I'm not too concerned what the cop contingency on here thinks about what is justified beyond that.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Holy Christ, what a spinless POS. You have no idea what it means to be a man, obviously.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mathman

was he crying wolf?

Are you really to dense to understand the point?

Had Mr Garner just stopped resisting and been taken into custody he very likely would be here. But his continued aggressive resistance placed him in the situation that caused his death. We're taught to not give up until the suspect is in custody and under control.

Apparently all you did was look at the still photo too. Did you read the report from the ME, the real on not Kevin's expert. That attributed Garner's death to compressions of his chest. If you watch the video he never starts saying he can't breathe until well after the officer's hands are away from his neck.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Awesome.

I'm not too concerned what the cop contingency on here thinks about what is justified beyond that.

By your own admissions, you're either a coward or an idiot (couldn't understand the law).

What you know, doesn't amount for a cup of warm piss at this point, because you don't know one tiny iota of the actual evidence involved. Even in instances when you did, as you freely admitted, you lacked either the intelligence to know what to do with it, or the courage and conviction to do the right things when you knew and understood.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Quite telling, actually.

interesting -

I'm not being a dick. I'm pointing out that though you voted your conscience, you caved and became a coward. When you did that, you committed a miscarriage of justice (several times over, by your own admission). That may well have ruined the lives of many people; you don't know or care, obviously.

Because you didn't have the backbone to do what was right, you think the GJ in this case, and the system in general, lacks the intestinal fortitude to uphold the Constitution as you did.

Personally, I think more highly of the GJ system and our system of justice than you do, and think that the 24 GJ members on that GJ in NYC did as they should have done when weighing all the evidence.

You, didn't. Just because you didn't, doesn't mean the system is broken. The problem then wasn't the system; it was the GJ (yours).

let me clarify - voting my heart said let the guy go, voting my conscience said follow the law as it was written and took some convincing from the D.A. to do so.

so tell me - as a member on the grand jury - do I follow the law or what I think the law should be?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
What a bitch. Amazing that you are so proud of being a cunny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Awesome.

By your own admissions, you're either a coward or an idiot (couldn't understand the law).

What you know, doesn't amount for a cup of warm piss at this point, because you don't know one tiny iota of the actual evidence involved. Even in instances when you did, as you freely admitted, you lacked either the intelligence to know what to do with it, or the courage and conviction to do the right things when you knew and understood.

oh horseshit - all this is just crap your spewing.

answer a simple question - as a grand jury member - do you want me to follow the law or what I think the law should be?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

let me clarify - voting my heart said let the guy go, voting my conscience said follow the law as it was written and took some convincing from the D.A. to do so.

so tell me - as a member on the grand jury - do I follow the law or what I think the law should be?

As I said, either you were too stupid to understand the law until "browbeaten" by the DA, or too cowardly to stand on your convictions and do what you believed right.

What should have happened is that you ought never have been on the GJ at all, as either way you are a miscarriage of justice waiting to happen.

You can attempt to change your story at this point all you want. It won't change what happened and what you know you did. I wonder how many lives you ruined by being either too stupid or too cowardly (or both) to do what was right. I bet you don't wonder, though... do you?

Page 13 of 34 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,773
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.