Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 34 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 33 34
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by KFWA
so two long winded responses and neither one of them are capable of answering the question.

the insults are impressive

whats more impressive is just being able to answer the question honestly.

I'll answer the GD question: No, he wasn't.

But the glaring point is 20-20 hindsight doesn't count. Did the officers fail to use their department issued crystal balls or truth meters to ascertain whether a 30+ count petty criminal was telling the truth this time?

thank you

I'm not sure why 31 prior arrests as a petty criminal makes him any more of a threat to the police (had they even known how many times he'd been arrested) as you or I.

each situation is different. With that many cops and that particular situation, I think some effort to provide him relief when he was saying he couldn't breath was possible.

Am I a cop? nope - just a person who is disturbed by the video and the lack of empathy/sympathy shown by LEO's and supporters on here for a man who died.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what bothers me isn't the choke hold, its the man telling them he can't breathe - like 9 times?

at what point do, you know, actually care that the guy might be in distress and its more important that he live than it is to keep your knee on his neck?

if there was video of me - not as a cop but as a man, lets say Garner was threatening me - not life threatening but general mouthing off and I made the decision to take him down, I had him subdued - and he told me 9 times he couldn't breathe - my ass would be in jail.

and throw in on top of it, there is a police policy against a choke hold or attempting to use a choke hold.

I think this cop needs to go to trial. I didn't think that about Wilson or George Zimmerman

also, I don't claim to be an expert on grand jury's but I can tell you that if you don't have a strong willed foreman on the jury or a group of people willing to confront authority, then they are mostly a rubber stamp for whatever the D.A. is pitching - innocent or guilty.

I agree with this. Not in whole but in general.

When the man uttered "I can't breathe" nine times (I heard 11 times on the Kelly File last night) that's where I have a problem.

When LE decides to arrest, subdue, and restrain a person they take away all rights to self defense. When you take that right away you then take responsibility for the person's welfare.

There is and should be the obligation of an arresting officer(s) to insure that no harm comes to someone once they are subdued and restrained. They should have cuffed him and then sat him up so he could breathe.

If the cops would have made an effort to render aid, help the man breath, and he still died ... I wouldn't have a problem with it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I can remember my time on the grand jury

A junkie showed up at a guys house - the guy was home, minding his own business and the junkie, who didn't have the ability to drive downtown to get his heroin fix, convinced the guy to take him downtown and get him heroin from his supplier (the guy sold heroin but didn't have any)

So he gets him his heroin, the guy and junkie go back to his house, and the guy, the junkie and his wife all shoot up. The next morning the guy and his wife wake up to find the junkie dead on their floor.

And our job on the grand jury was to indict this junkie for murder.

Well we objected almost unanimously to indicting this guy because we felt the junkie was responsible for his own death, so we voted no.

We brought the D.A back into the room and told him and he talked some more to us about how the dealer supplied the heroin and took it upon himself to get heroin for the junkie , to think it over again...so we met again, talked about how were were comfortable with the guy getting indicting for selling heroin but still balked at the murder charge (maybe it was manslaughter, I really can't remember now).

So we bring the D.A. back in and tell him and he just unloads on us, tells us we don't understand the law and we can just indict on intent to sell because that would also mean he was culpable in the junkies death and we were ignoring the law as it was explained to us. I wouldn't call it angry, but clearly he was exercising his power in the room.

So eventually he wore us down and we indicted the guy for all the counts they wanted.

After that, we have maybe 5 or 6 more cases that we didn't really think the charges reflected the actions, but none of us wanted to go thru the browbeating by the D.A. again.

That's why I say unless you have a strong willed foreman or people willing to confront authority, they are a rubber stamp for what the D.A is pitching.

This is disturbing on many levels.

Holy schit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
The question was answered, you coward. When you voted the first time, as you said you did, then your job on the GJ was over - whether you think you voted right/wrong/otherwise afterward is immaterial.

That you went back - TWICE - shows cowardice and a miscarriage of justice.

That's pretty damned clear to everyone except you, because you can't admit to yourself that you are a coward and committed a miscarriage of justice due to your cowardice.

When you voted, the first time, your job on the GJ was over.

Get that part yet, coward?

I'll make it simple for you

try a yes or no - not some long winded bullshit full of insults.

as a member of the grand jury, should I have voted what the law said or what I thought the law should have been.

are you capable of answering that with a yes or no?

after yes or no, you can call me every name in the book

I got it

now answer the question

ok I'm a coward,

still waiting for the yes or no.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A man with 31 prior arrests is dead, let us all rejoice.

Too many people have feelings instead of a brain.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I have a feeling that if you're sympathetic toward very many 350 pound arrest resistors you're going to get hurt sooner than later.

I know I can't be a policeman. If I have to tangle with someone I can't have my rules of engagement dictated by considerations other than prevailing in the altercation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker

yep, thank god we ridded the streets of those black market cigarette sellers. The world is a better place

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by fish head

When the man uttered "I can't breathe" nine times (I heard 11 times on the Kelly File last night) that's where I have a problem.

When LE decides to arrest, subdue, and restrain a person they take away all rights to self defense. When you take that right away you then take responsibility for the person's welfare.

There is and should be the obligation of an arresting officer(s) to insure that no harm comes to someone once they are subdued and restrained. They should have cuffed him and then sat him up so he could breathe.

If the cops would have made an effort to render aid, help the man breath, and he still died ... I wouldn't have a problem with it.

There were a lot of things that were done wrong from a policy/administrative point of view. And that video is never going to be used as a demonstration for using a level of force that is consummate to the threat.

But that is not what the Grand Jury is there to determine. They are there to determine if a criminal prosecution should be sought.

It is very clear that the case was not prosecutable in the state of NY.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

yep, thank god we ridded the streets of those black market cigarette sellers. The world is a better place

So you pit no fault on the suspect for resisting? It was solely the cop's fault for arresting him that he died?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, you're an idiot.

You voted, the first time. That's what you should have done and you should have stuck with it. Either you were an idiot with your vote, then, or not. You were, and remain, a coward in every action after that.

There's your "yes/no".

ok I'm a coward,

still waiting for the yes or no.

Last edited by 4ager; 12/04/14.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
I have a feeling that if you're sympathetic toward very many 350 pound arrest resistors you're going to get hurt sooner than later.

I know I can't be a policeman. If I have to tangle with someone I can't have my rules of engagement dictated by considerations other than prevailing in the altercation.

no I understand. as cops say, I'm going home to my family tonight.

I think that should replace the "protect and serve" motto on the car doors. It would probably alter the behavior of more criminals.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
He should have been shot after the 3rd one, and saved us all the other 28, plus him yelling I can't breeve.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12

So you pit no fault on the suspect for resisting? It was solely the cop's fault for arresting him that he died?

no, I think he should have been more compliant, but the guy wasn't taking swings at cops, he was just basically in a keep your hands off me, he wasn't armed, he wasn't telling them he was going to kick their ass - he just wanted to be left the "f" alone - and there were what? 4 cops there?

As I said, where I take exception to this is when he was saying he can't breath. At that point, I believe you had to address that situation.

We can talk about safety concerns of the police but what is your job? Isn't protection extending to the person in custody from their own demise?

Last edited by KFWA; 12/04/14.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12

no, I think he should have been more compliant, but the guy wasn't taking swings at cops, he was just basically in a keep your hands off me, he wasn't armed, he wasn't telling them he was going to kick their ass - he just wanted to be left the "f" alone - and there were what? 4 cops there?

As I said, where I take exception to this is when he was saying he can't breath. At that point, I believe you had to address that situation.

We can talk about safety concerns of the police but what is your job? Isn't protection extending to the person in custody from their own demise?

Yes it is, and the police did call EMS. Maybe you should inquire why the paramedics on that case were suspended without pay

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, you're an idiot.

You voted, the first time. That's what you should have done and you should have stuck with it. Either you were an idiot with your vote, then, or not. You were, and remain, a coward in every action after that.

There's your "yes/no".

too funny

for someone so big on declaration you can't even answer the question - I won't ask any more. Its more important to you to throw out insults - I get it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yeah, and they didn't shoot him, or choke him to death on the spot, the fat fugg had a heart attack, most likely caused by the struggle and stress.

Criminals say all kinds of schit when they are being arrested, listening to them will get the LEO in a whole lot of trouble. They are trained to not fall for that schit for a reason.

Feelings are not thoughts, wish people would realize that.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He should have been shot after the 3rd one, and saved us all the other 28, plus him yelling I can't breeve.

That made me laff. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, you're an idiot.

There's your "yes/no".

too funny

for someone so big on declaration you can't even answer the question - I won't ask any more. Its more important to you to throw out insults - I get it.

I answered the question. You voted the first time; you were done.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No wonder OH is such a f'ked up place.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by fish head

There were a lot of things that were done wrong from a policy/administrative point of view. And that video is never going to be used as a demonstration for using a level of force that is consummate to the threat.

But that is not what the Grand Jury is there to determine. They are there to determine if a criminal prosecution should be sought.

It is very clear that the case was not prosecutable in the state of NY.

Travis

In those words you've brought up the issue I have.

Was there an excessive use of force?

I don't know if this was something that the GJ considered in reaching their conclusion to not indict.

In my mind I'm not clear that there wasn't an excessive use of force and I have questions regarding the obligation to ensure the welfare of a man in restraints.

Page 15 of 34 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,801
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.