Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'm worried.

I actually understood most of that. And it is correct.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
What have YOU been smoking?

...Nuthin'...

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thats what they all say..... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sports Afield Gun Editor Pete Brown decided the 7 with a 175 grain bullet was enough for Griz, and proceded to poke a hole in one to prove it. He was foiled by a nearby friend who, fearing for Pete's safety, poked the bear again.

I hope I got this right. Somewhere in the dark recesses of what used to be my brain is a sneaking suspicion that this story might have been about a .308.

Anyone remember this?

Last edited by Pappy348; 12/04/14.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't remember that story, but if it was on the Internets, then it would be true.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Yes.

When we come back from the break, we'll talk to Dr. Sheila Pitts of the San Diego Zoo. She'll explain to us why panda bears are of absolutely no value to the planet or the biosphere in general.

I welcome the discussion of killing pandas with the 7x57. A 160 Partition would do nicely on the bamboo eaters.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I too, would welcome a rational discussion of how to stop a creature that would eat the very thing that forms low cost, dependable Far Eastern furniture and patio accessories.

But first, a message from the scientific community. It's about you!

Enjoy the Great Outdoors While You Can � It�s Gonna �Splode!

In 1954, Edward B. Selbian, DSc, predicted that the Internet would be created. He also stated that its misuse would cause a horrific meltdown that would destroy the earth!

I'll bet you're wondering how that could be. Don't worry, I will attempt to explain. Just don't get upset! If the earth blows up, rest assured that you cannot prevent it. That makes things a little easier to accept, right?

This happened long ago when I changed my mistaken belief that chocolate was extracted from coco mines by sinful elves. Apparently, it is not. It was hard to look at Christmas candy for many years as a result. Now, I embrace the fact that chocolate comes out of a Christmas reindeer�s bum. That too is disturbing, but less so than the vision of offending elves sweating in Santa's coco mines as punishment for some holiday transgression.

Anyway, some of you will simply refuse to believe that the earth is going to 'splode. Others will be deathly afraid of learning that the rock they live on is doomed. So frightened perhaps that some will opt for an early exit of their own choosing! Don't do that yet, okay?

For what it's worth, none of you, humans that is, are particularly responsible for the earth's imminent demise - at least, not directly. It's all about physics: solid state devices, depletion regions, electrons (valance electrons specifically) and hole movement. The quick and easy explanation is that the earth's electric and magnetic fields are continually being bombarded with errant electrons. They break free from their orbits - as electrons are want to do, given the right impetus - and incessantly slam into other, formerly intact molecules and atoms, knocking them akimbo. (I've always wanted to use that word in a sentence, and today I finally got the chance!)

Atomic structures being what they are, these perpetual mini-collisions are taking their toll. According to another doctor whose name I forget, these tiny crashes are on the increase. So much so that it's affecting solid matter. Solid matter is becoming less solid. Not squishy like Jello, but jiggly like same.

Imagine for a moment that the CN Tower or the Empire State Building is made of tapioca. Wind and weather would really affect its structure! You wouldn't want to be on the observation deck of a building made of glycogen!

That's basically what's happening to the planet. You cannot blame Gore and his global warming rants. You cannot cite man for tinkering with his environment or the weather. It all boils down to an overabundance of starch.

Yep, that�s it. We�re just too stiff for our own good.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
And starch always chafes, especially in your underwear. eek

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Now what are all the people going to do with their em-em's now that it is just an "m"?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To the OP, I like the cartridge. It's an excellent parent for reforming to 6.8x57...

[Linked Image]

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

J
jwp475 Online Sleepy OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by PastorDan
Now what are all the people going to do with their em-em's now that it is just an "m"?

I'm keeping both of my M's.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
To the OP, I like the cartridge. It's an excellent parent for reforming to 6.8x57...

[Linked Image]

grin

Poobah, what will be his punishment for this blasphemy?

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Who has a reamer for the 6.8x57? I want one.
It should be named "The Rigby-Perfected" or "The 277 Enlightened".
I may get it improved as well.

Last edited by RinB; 12/04/14.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Using the smaller diameter bullet will reduce the air friction created by a projectile passing through the atmosphere. Less heat should satisfy Al Gore and the Neo-Earthers.

Well Dung! (said ancient Chinese philosopher, Well Dung)

Rye Whiskey

I'll eat when I'm hungry,
I'll drink when l'm dry,
If the hard times don't kill me,
I'll lay down and die.

Rye whisky, rye whisky,
Rye whisky, l cry,
If you don't give me rye whisky,
I surely will die.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

[Linked Image]

grin

As a confirmed 270 shooter even I just threw up in my mouth. sick

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Poobah must still be in shock.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I expect he's still scratching his head, saying, "6.5 we have. Why 6.8?"

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
To reduce the air friction. The projectile is smaller. Ecce homo, ergo elk!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
To reduce the air friction. The projectile is smaller. Ecce homo, ergo elk!

Elk? Don't bring poor Ken into all of this.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

[Linked Image]

grin

Tell me you didn't.....

For the love of god man...tell me you didn't! cry

[Linked Image]

Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 49 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,916
Posts18,518,746
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.