-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice bar! I want one, or 6, to go with my venison. They go really well together, especially if the bar is turnt to bacon first.

Been savin my Marlin guide gun for bar huntin', but maybe I'll switch to the 7x57. Can only imagine the hole a 175 Hornady would leave in a bar. smile I got a box of 175 NPTs that need to be tried too. They were a personal gift to me from Nosler's grandson so I been hangin' on to them for sentimental reasons.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by RevMike

Yeah, give it up!
I want to send Ingwe a pic of a nice pig that took a 140 grain C&C to the noggin.

First go to UR photo bucket acct and click 'upload'.
Second, select the pic or pics, click the Mail (email)
Third, enter your PB acct @upload
Fourth, SEND.
The only tricky part I've found is getting the eMail correct to PB upload.
Other than that it's a snap.
Good Luck, I'd like to see Ingwe red as a tomato. <G>

R M - I see you got it to work.......

You're Welcome.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I liked the fact that there was no love for a 7 x 57... it has allowed me to pick up a pristine used Featherweight, for $300...

and similarly a Ruger 77 Mk 2...for $300, as it set on the shelf unsold for 2 years plus...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The Great Unwashed Masses don't even know what one is...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My M77R MkII is my favorite. It has Timney trigger and sear, and I floated the barrel. Has 2-7x33 glass. Perfect. My FN Mauser is right up there, but it is not as smooth as the Ruger.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jwall
R M - I see you got it to work.......

You're Welcome.

Actually, I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I got home, posted those pics for Ingwe from my desktop, then got busy doing other things. This is the first time I've had a chance to look at email notifications today, the vast majority of which are from this thread! laugh

And I'm sorry if I offended you. I wasn't ignoring you, nor did I mean any offense by not responding before now. As I said, this is the first chance I've had to actually sit down at the machine since posting Ingwe's pictures.

I'll give your directions a try. And I do appreciate them. One of the things that has been frustrating is having some of the pics taken with an iPhone come out upside down on these threads when viewed with an iPhone. I don't have any problem seeing them correctly oriented when viewing with on a desktop or laptop, but they're often flipped when viewing them on my iPhone. I don't have a clue what that's all about. Sometimes, if I save them to my desktop, spin them around, then post them they're fine. That's what I did with those pics this morning. Other times, nothing seems to work. It's maddening! mad

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ingwe

And we are better off that they don't. If someone doesn't know what the 7x57 is, its time to get the conversation off of rifles.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Speaking of unwashed...or washed, as the case may be...here's what happens when a 175 grain 7x57 load meets a smart-aleck wife and her washing machine.

[Linked Image]

No, "I've gone to the store; be back in a bit" or anything like that. Just one curt note that explains it all.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'll bet it would piss her off if you told her the correct terminology would be "One very clean cartridge"

grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hey Rev !

Apparently I jumped to the wrong conclusion BASED on your field pics posted.

Very Sorry. Water under the bridge...OKAY?

As for the inverted pics from the phone,

Photo bucket has an 'edit' feature and 'somewhere' there you can ROTATE the pics, I believe by 90 degrees till it's like you want.

Look for ARROWS indicating direction.

I have to replace my computer cause it's easier to arrange and categorize photos than on a smart phone.

I don't know of any way to post pics from P B >>> to the campfire by phone.

I have several I'd like to post but can't w /o my 'puter. I killed an OLD buck Thursday that's only a 6 point but his W T head is at least 12 1/2" long and much mass for a free range, no feeders, deer. IMO he's an old buck and weighed 165 lbs whole. (free range, no supplements or artificial minerals).

Anyway, like your pics and I would love to have access to feral or wild hogs.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You know, she's a good cook and I like to eat. I expect I'll leave it alone.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Originally Posted by ingwe

And we are better off that they don't. If someone doesn't know what the 7x57 is, its time to get the conversation off of rifles.

Yep, they're not worthy. wink

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Hey, no problem. Glad I've never done that myself... whistle

Actually I've tried PB's edit feature: sometimes it works, sometimes not. I just don't get it. I set up a test thread on the miscellaneous forum so I could test pics before posting. As I said, some work, some don't. I really ought to use a small digital camera, but the iPhone is convenient. I'll keep fiddling with it.

Pigs are fun and pretty good to eat, but man are they destructive. I don't know where you live, but if you don't have them, you don't want them...but the way they spread it's just a matter of time.

All is well.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I dont use a phone,I use a computer but had sporadic problems with Photo Bucket so on the advice of a fellow fire member changed to IMGUR which is much easier without problems.
Yall might want to give it a try.

Craig

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Never heard of it, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
7x57... Euro Trash used to kill hundred's of thousands of Allied/American soldiers. Only "right" in a non-commercial, mid-length action.

However, it did inspire an American Yankee, Ned Roberts, to perfect it as an American 25 caliber.

The 257 Roberts is the 7x57's highest and best use.

30-06... an American original.

270 Win... an even more American original that does everything (and more) the 7x57 does.

7mm-08... the spawn of THE American original, perfect in an American modern Short Action, and essentially a ballistic twin of the Euro Trash 7x57. Better brass, available more widely, a true SA round.

Just a little fuel for the "fire"...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That'll be good for at least 10 more pages... grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Euro Trash...interesting thought...get out the popcorn.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bcraig
I dont use a phone,I use a computer but had sporadic problems with Photo Bucket so on the advice of a fellow fire member changed to IMGUR which is much easier without problems.
Yall might want to give it a try.
Craig

I'll put that memory.

I've uploaded ALL my photos from an I phone 3 or 5. I've had a few problems but not many. I've not used a digital camera nor a computer to upload pics to PB.

THNX for the tip.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
"30.06 ....an American original" quote from Brad.

My way of thinkin too.
The 06 is not only LONGER but of larger DIA.

I've never bought into the 'notion" that the 06 was based on the 7x57. It doesn't matter who started the rumor.

Can't explain why, but my fav of that family of cartridges is the 6mm Rem.
Maybe as simple as ; Ford/ Chevy, Red/Blue.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,815
Posts18,477,658
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.