Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI
U buyin', Flave?

I usually say I am.

But then I duck out.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by okok
Just curious, who is held to a higher esteem a Navy Seal or a Army Ranger? Green Beret? Or I'm I forgetting another division?

Depends who you ask the question too!

Some of the youngsters would start a fight in a nano second over such a question, while I've seen old hands just shrug and just carry on drinking..

The voice of reason and maturity rears it's head again in a 24HCF thread!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Just curious, who is held to a higher esteem a Navy Seal or a Army Ranger?

Have you read Marcus Lutrell's book "Lone Survivor"?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, I take it's good?

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by deflave
Jorge,

Thank you for the update and the expanding of my cultural boundaries.

I'm not sure if foreigners celebrate the birth of Christ or not, but if you do, I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Travis

He's Cuban. They celebrate voodoo

With Bacardi rum of course.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What's the weed situation like down there?

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
No, I take it's good?

I enjoyed* the movie first and then the book.

*by "enjoyed" I mean impressed da fugg outta me

But, my point was that Luttrell (bad-ass Navy SEAL) was extricated/rescued by Army Rangers.

You question is not unlike .308 vs 7-08. Savvy?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
We got name + nanosecond = affirmation.......

And nothing.

Not one fugging thing.

Goddammmit TAK! Don't make me spend this money on a lottery ticket. I'm serious.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Ease up, ya overachiever!!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Read up on the Battle of Qala-i-Jangi.

The course of the uprising was dramatically reversed, and the life of a CIA Officer undoubtedly saved when a mixed force of some 15 American SF and British SBS turned up and took decisive action to suppress the prisoner uprising.

They fought for 24 hours until another small force of American soldiers turned up and also pitched into the battle..

The point is that regardless of nationality and cap badge, these were all professional soldiers of the highest calibre and the impact of their arrival on the battle was many times greater than their numbers would have suggested..

Last edited by Pete E; 12/18/14.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just curious, who is held to a higher esteem a Navy Seal or a Army Ranger? Green Beret? Or I'm I forgetting another division?
Never served so this is foreign to me.

You can answer the question yourself even lacking personal experiences eatin' snakes and frogs and chitt. Ask yourself who various members of our services look up to. Ask when and where. The answer is found there Grasshopper.

I'll give you some perspective:

Spec Ops dudes will look up to chopper pilots when they are plucked from a hot LZ. Chopper pilots will look up to Grunts who pull their azz out of the skillet after getting shot down, then they will both look up to the chopper pilots who pluck them out of the chitt. They will ALL look up to the TAC Air that put down HE during the extraction. The crewchiefs will be the quiet heroes of all those egotistical bastids because the birds didn't break when the chitt was in the wind.

But if something goes a little sideways and you find yourself in the Evac Hospital, you will look up to the doctors, nurses and the fella sweeping blood out of the ER with a push broom.

When you're feelin' better you will look up at the Doughnut Dolly and have base thoughts about her at the same time. She in turn will look up at you (in her heart) as the greatest hero she met in the last 15 minutes.

It's a mutual admiration society. Egos don't mean chitt when it's down and dirty.

Now and then even Cookie is admired.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I have the grandest amount of respect and awe for all of them! They are all true badasses and they do it for the love of their country and fellow countrymen, in my book that makes them even better.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

You can answer the question yourself even lacking personal experiences eatin' snakes and frogs and chitt. Ask yourself who various members of our services look up to. Ask when and where. The answer is found there Grasshopper.

Spec Ops dudes will look up to chopper pilots when they are plucked from a hot LZ. Chopper pilots will look up to Grunts who pull their azz out of the skillet after getting shot down, then they will both look up to the chopper pilots who pluck them out of the chitt. They will ALL look up to the TAC Air that put down HE during the extraction. The crewchiefs will be the quiet heroes of all those egotistical bastids because the birds didn't break when the chitt was in the wind.

But if something goes a little sideways and you find yourself in the Evac Hospital, you will look up to the doctors, nurses and the fella sweeping blood out of the ER with a push broom.

When you're feelin' better you will look up at the Doughnut Dolly and have base thoughts about her at the same time. She in turn will look up at you (in her heart) as the greatest hero she met in the last 15 minutes.

It's a mutual admiration society. Egos don't mean chitt when it's down and dirty.

Reality is crazy... grin.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They're all pretty damn good at what they do and up for the mission.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GeoW
They're all pretty damn good at what they do and up for the mission.

If an army travels on its stomach, then the cooks truly are King. Like Coach said, it's a team effort.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I feel you.Thanks

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Is Delta Force still around? They are mighty quiet. (Probably by plan)

Don't forget Force Recon

Last edited by BeanMan; 12/18/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I feel you.Thanks

Ahmed? Thought you were dead? laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They all deserve respect.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Nicely put, bro Dan.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 32 of 38 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (160user, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 21, 53 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,372
Posts18,527,406
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.