-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Less than a year after 911 I flew to Newark from LA. After putting my coat while still in the terminal I stuck my hand in my pocket and found a handful of 20 ga shotgun shells.

Left the house once with a 1911 to take in checked baggage. Opened the case at the tsa inspection counter after check in and had a loaded magazine in the case with the gun. Wouldn't let me take the ammo with the gun, so I called my wife back to get the ammo. Now it isn't a problem.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
In 95 I flew out of LAX to Kobe, I walked through the metal detector with a spyderco merlin in one out stretched hand and a zippo and gargoyles in the other. The security looked at my hands and waved me through.
I could have had a couple MP5SD's and a dozen grenades under my coat.
That was an international commercial flight.
How times change.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
One time my son and I flew out of BIL to buy a pickup in Nebraska. The two of us had only carryon to expidite making our connecting flight in DEN. We had been out shooting a couple days previously and I had gone through my duffle with a fine tooth comb and cleaned out everything in the bag before packing. When we went through security, they ran my bag through a 2nd time then a hand search. A 3rd time, another hand search. 4th time and another hand search.......finally come up with 2 .22LR cartridges. TSA dude in charge was beside himself because I ( airline employee ) and my son ( TSA employee at the time ) should know better. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You make me feel better about the times I have forgotten a knife in my carry on.

One time in Anchorage I realized I had a knife as I headed to security, so detoured past an Alaska Airlines counter. I told a cute Asian girl behind the counter of my problem and asked if she wanted the knife, a Gerber lock blade. She was delighted and not sure whether to give it to her boyfriend or keep it herself.

At SeaTac one time I discreetly stashed the knife under the surface of mossy bark fill in a large planter tub. I half expected to be "caught" when I picked it up on return but nobody noticed or said anything. Note: since then SeaTac has installed invisible security surveillance in ceilings, and I'm sure such a move would now be noticed with who knows what consequences.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Unless you are speaking poorly about government policy or the President , you have no worries. the TSA and the NSA ( the online and telephone branch of government overreach) are fairly incompetent. The TSA searched my wife in Philadelphia because in her carry on there was a package of small packages, she was nervous (suffers from anxiety especially flying alone) and she had never been in that airport before ,so she was lost. Anyways they were very abrupt with her and threatened her with all kinds of things. After the searched her bag and discovered she was a mule , hauling a package of women's sanitary items they laughed at her and pushed her stuff in a tub and said move on...... Asshats all of them.
Its hard to imagine how we got to the point in society that everyone is put threw all these security measures ,for our own good, and yet they never ever find any Terrorists. I can go pick out people in a crowd that have drugs on them and weapons and all kind of things, but our highly trained government agencies can not pick out anyone in most any situation.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
was interesting the difference between here and Australia.....was hardly any security when i got on the plane in Adelaide and its a good sized airport as its a city over a million people.....went through more of a screening in the lil airport here in our town of 2500.....also had this lil wrench thing in one of my carryon bags that takes hex bits and is on sort of a D shaped handle looking thing....it was in a sort of hidden internal pocket and i missed it....SEATAC didnt see it, neither did LAX, Tokyo or Singapore when i went through security there, Adelaide didnt find it but it got noticed and yanked out of my bag in Sydney....go figure....

Last edited by rattler; 12/20/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TSA employees in Phladelphia have consistently been the most rude and obnoxious I've encountered.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
If you want to see what happens to TSA seizures, just check eBay. The employees openly sell it all.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
About 10 years ago TSA would not allow me carry trigger lock in my carry on. The ignoramus asked me what it was, I told him a trigger lock and he informed that since it was part for a firearm, I was prohibited from carrying it on board. Time was short and I did not want to miss my flight I just threw it in a trash can rather than get into calling a supervisor. Thr ignoramus went nuts, saying I could not dispose of a weapons part in that fashion. So much for trying to follow the quick route. We had to get a supervisor who overruled the ignoramus. I barely caught my flight.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,584
Posts18,511,006
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.