R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by reelman
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by CLB
My BIL has a source for hi quality copies. I'm tossing it on the big screen tonight...

Illegal counterfeit copies? Lovely what criminal orginization are you supporting through buying those? Not to mention you're basically stealing from the people that spent millions to make the movie.

He probably talked in class too, and didn't stay in his seat on the school bus, and likely even ran with scissors. Criminal organizations...? Our government is organized crime, on a massive scale...! And your tax dollars go straight to them.

Lighten up.

Do some research on where terrorists get a lot of their money. Here's a hint, a lot of it's from pirated DVD's.

+1. Bottom line: its theft. I hate theives. mad

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do some research on where terrorists get a lot of their money. Here's a hint, a lot of it's from pirated DVD's.

Hmmm...wonder how 'that' amount compares with the fact that nowadays, over 90% of the world's heroin comes from the war torn country of Afghanistan. After 12 years of U.S. military occupation, the opium trade from Afghanistan is thriving like never before. Prior to that, the Taliban had pretty much successfully eradicated the opium crop over there. It's hard to imagine that a region under U.S. military occupation...with guard posts, checkpoints, and surveillance drones monitoring the country...that our government isn't able to track supply routes of opium exported from Afghanistan's poppy crop. There have even been assertions that U.S. forces are even guarding that poppy cultivation over there.
Our government...organized crime on a massive scale. With stuff like this going on, for over a dozen years now...it's kinda hard to get worked up over some pirated DVD's by comparison.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CLB
My BIL has a source for hi quality copies. I'm tossing it on the big screen tonight...

Illegal counterfeit copies? Lovely what criminal orginization are you supporting through buying those? Not to mention you're basically stealing from the people that spent millions to make the movie.

He probably talked in class too, and didn't stay in his seat on the school bus, and likely even ran with scissors. Criminal organizations...? Our government is organized crime, on a massive scale...! And your tax dollars go straight to them.

Lighten up.

Terrorists raise $$$ selling bad Johnny Depp movies?

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I watched a video of American Sniper about three weeks ago. As a number of people here haven't seen it yet, I'll not get into relating much what's in it, but suffice it too say Eastwood certainly did one helluva directing job, from a very well written script.

Bradley Cooper was excellent as were the supporting players, and the production values were outstanding. The locations were very authentic.

Overall it was a very good movie which did not bash our military or our efforts to go after Moslem terrorists.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm wanting to see it but based on the advertisements, it seems to present more of a "character study" and less run & gun shoot 'em up action. Hope I won't be disappointed.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I watched a video of American Sniper about three weeks ago. As a number of people here haven't seen it yet, I'll not get into relating much what's in it, but suffice it too say Eastwood certainly did one helluva directing job, from a very well written script.

Bradley Cooper was excellent as were the supporting players, and the production values were outstanding. The locations were very authentic.

Overall it was a very good movie which did not bash our military or our efforts to go after Moslem terrorists.

FWIW.

L.W.
Thanks,great review with out spoiling it!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Last night was "Date Night" for my new bride and I. We went to dinner and then I surprised her with tickets to the first showing of American Sniper at our local theater. She likes movies based on factual points in time.

We enjoyed it.

I can't remember the last time I was in a theater and at the end everyone stayed in their seats to watch the last footage and the credits.......

I can't remember the last time that at the end of the movie, when the house lights come up, that no one said a word as they file out. Complete silence......it was moving.

Well worth the price of admission and well worth seeing.

Bradley Cooper did a fantastic job on this role I thought.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what I liked most about the movie was that Eastwood didn't try to interject a message on moralities one way or another

it was more of a "this is war, this is what happens" movie

admittedly I didn't like the scenes of his personal life at home, although I recognize its central to the story of showing what war is really all about - but like someone else said, I love shoot'em ups. I can watch good Westerns all day long

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Hmmm...wonder how 'that' amount compares with the fact that nowadays, over 90% of the world's heroin comes from the war torn country of Afghanistan. After 12 years of U.S. military occupation, the opium trade from Afghanistan is thriving like never before. Prior to that, the Taliban had pretty much successfully eradicated the opium crop over there. It's hard to imagine that a region under U.S. military occupation...with guard posts, checkpoints, and surveillance drones monitoring the country...that our government isn't able to track supply routes of opium exported from Afghanistan's poppy crop. There have even been assertions that U.S. forces are even guarding that poppy cultivation over there.
Our government...organized crime on a massive scale. With stuff like this going on, for over a dozen years now...it's kinda hard to get worked up over some pirated DVD's by comparison.

What's your point? I think we all know that the government isn't angels but how does that condone stealing by buying pirated DVD's? If someone came into your house and stole something from you could they use the "government is corrupt" excuse?

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by frogman43
Last night was "Date Night" for my new bride and I. We went to dinner and then I surprised her with tickets to the first showing of American Sniper at our local theater. She likes movies based on factual points in time.

We enjoyed it.

I can't remember the last time I was in a theater and at the end everyone stayed in their seats to watch the last footage and the credits.......

I can't remember the last time that at the end of the movie, when the house lights come up, that no one said a word as they file out. Complete silence......it was moving.

Well worth the price of admission and well worth seeing.

Bradley Cooper did a fantastic job on this role I thought.

I was greatly inspired. Even though Chris Kyle was by all accounts one of the bravest men that ever lived, among some of the best of the best; I felt like he was my actual brother. When he was murdered I felt like someone in my family had died. The fact that nearly the entire state of Texas lined the highway to watch as his hearse went by... made me want to move to Texas.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Terrorists raise $$$ selling bad Johnny Depp movies?

I'm sure the DVD industry would like for people to believe that. Evidently, some people 'do' believe it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If someone came into your house and stole something from you could they use the "government is corrupt" excuse?

They could make whatever excuse they choose....like the DVD industry does...doesn't change the reality of the situation. I could hang up a sign on my front porch telling thieves, "If you steal from me, you are supporting terrorism." But just because I 'say' so, doesn't 'make' it so.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If someone came into your house and stole something from you could they use the "government is corrupt" excuse?

They could make whatever excuse they choose....like the DVD industry does...doesn't change the reality of the situation. I could hang up a sign on my front porch telling thieves, "If you steal from me, you are supporting terrorism." But just because I 'say' so, doesn't 'make' it so.

I believe it. I think you could find the grail before you could find a legit DVD in the entire mid East. The few that are sold at the PX don't count. If you have ever been over there you'd know what I mean.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just got back from seeing it. I figured the first matinee at 12:15 on a Friday would be empty except for a few old retired geezers but the theater was full.

Good movie. It doesn't romanticize the war or Chris Kyle, just tries to tell a story of who he was. Time compression was kind of hard to follow as the whole move was a series of vignettes spread out across his four tours in Iraq and brief periods back home in between. He gets married, then he's in combat, then his wife is 9 months pregnant, then he's in combat, then he's with his 4-5 year old son, then he's in combat, et cetera. It tries to show that every time he was back home, he really wasn't "back home", he was still in Iraq.

Overall it was a good story well told, definitely worth seeing.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Damn....Bet Sharpton is gwinna be some kinda mad at those nominations.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The movie was awesome. Everyone sat through the main credits at the end and then filed out silently.

I admit, it got a little dusty in the theater a few times.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Saw it tonight. Good, but nowhere near great, IMO.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The nearest theater that had it Christmas morning was an hour away but it was worth the drive, it is a Great Movie!

Bradley Cooper was excellent and it turns out Eastwood is great director!

Ted
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Eastwood can make a movie! We saw it tonight and very impressed with the production and the story.

Now I want to reread the book.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (808outdoors, 7887mm08, 44mc, 35, 10Glocks, 308ld, 9 invisible), 1,242 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,692
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.