Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 65 1 2 3 4 64 65
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Or, did she bone someone else and he/she/it is bugging her?

Last edited by eyeball; 01/20/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Damn. I am ver sorry to hear of this. I wish you and your family all the best.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Are you really happy? with here?? I bet she has made your life hell for a while? I have been in same situation and tried to do everything to please her and she just made it impossible to work anything out. She already had a complete support group lined up and complicit in her decision, other girl friends. I should have said Well Bye and got on with my life. I went to several counselor's until I had a counselor say,to me , that it was her problem and the quicker I realized it the better off I and my kids would be. Tough to be in your situation. I feel your pain.
I would ask her one time if she really wanted to go to counseling. If she say no,then BYE. Save your money,emotion and time. I was looking at it as a loss and I should have been looking at it as a big win. I did not have to put up with her crap anymore and I could go where I wanted and do what I wanted without the fights and emotion roller coaster. Hope the best for you and your children.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eyeball
Helpful Not Helpful

You arent the first or last to taste this crap, but it too will pass. Then, you can tell her to kiss your ass.

Take care, good fortune and God bless.

You Rock, Sir.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Has she said what she would like? I mean, i know that we all do things that our spouses may not like, but i usually just ask my wife how i can make it right.

Perhaps she wants a career? Maybe she needs something to do? The kids are in school during the day right? Boredom could be a huge part of this.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Please tell me how to balance my life with my kids? I adore them all and we have great relationships. I cant imagine not living in the same house----not afraid to say that tears are rolling down my face.

If you really like something,you better buy two!
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I'd say she has made plans for her future that do not include you. If it is presented as a fait accompli then it's been in the works for years.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by birddog65
Anymore..... After 15 years and 4 children, youngest is 6. She does not think she wants to continue our marriage.She said she still cares for me, but not love. I have a marriage counsel set up for next monday, but it don't look good. She said diff.individual events over the past 10 years have caused her to loose the love. I have not done anything that would warrant a divorce, stuff that most should forgive and forget. I asked about the thousands of great things that I think that I have done for her/us---the family, and I guess its never enough. She has not had to work for the past 14 years, we have a beautiful house, vacation at the beach 3 weeks a year, a pool in the back yard----- a life that I think most woman would love to have------------I am fit, in shape, and have never had a problem in the looks dept. I love her like I have never loved another. Has anyone of you guys turned this situation around?????

I was EXACTLY where you are in your life 12 years ago.

I wasn't able to turn it around.

You can't build a wall high enough or a fence strong enough, or love her more if she wants out. Don't beat yourself up about that. It ain't you dude. As hard as it is, you got to let her go. She obviously has something broken, I would venture a guess that you have been keeping the lid on the boiling pot for a long time, and it finally boiled over. It ain't you. It is her. So while you ain't perfect, don't beat yourself up about her decision. If she is anything like mine, she will try projecting the blame on you.

12 years later, my kids realize now that while I am not perfect, it was their Mom who is the damaged goods. While not bad, she is messed up as a soup sandwich, and they see that now. And the foolish choices and statements she makes. Point being, in time, the kids will see what is messed up. So will her family and all your friends.

Don't speak I'll of their Mom - ever, and they will see you were the one with class and character and she was the one who doesn't have those things.

I wish you the best. It is awful. I wouldn't wish what you are going through on my worst enemy.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please tell me how to balance my life with my kids? I adore them all and we have great relationships. I cant imagine not living in the same house----not afraid to say that tears are rolling down my face.

If it comes down to it, ask for custody.

As for balancing your life with your kids? I will pass on the best advice i ever received from a member here.

Your life is no longer about you. The children come first. You need to do what is best for them. If that means they go with mom, then so be it. Do your best to be a good father regardless. They will thank you for it in the long run. And the advice regarding keeping the bitterness out of your relationship with your kids is crucial. I saw that with my father all my life. Its screwed up.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

quite simple STAY IN THEIR LIVES, just cause you and their mom split does not take you out of the equation at all....keep whats in their best interest at the forefront of all this and you being there is a part of this....

get a damn good lawyer and make sure the language is there that keeps you in their lives

get it done as quick as possible, dragging it out to make her pay is only going to hurt your relationship with them and gain you little in the long run

dont run down their mom in front of them EVER

aint gonna lie, it all really phuggin sucks and is stressful as hell, just put whats best for your kids first and get through it as quickly as you can.....

i drug out giving up on my ex who had moved on from me for three years past what i should of and all it did was screw me up worse....didnt phase her one bit....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anymore..... After 15 years and 4 children, youngest is 6. She does not think she wants to continue our marriage.She said she still cares for me, but not love. I have a marriage counsel set up for next monday, but it don't look good. She said diff.individual events over the past 10 years have caused her to loose the love. I have not done anything that would warrant a divorce, stuff that most should forgive and forget. I asked about the thousands of great things that I think that I have done for her/us---the family, and I guess its never enough. She has not had to work for the past 14 years, we have a beautiful house, vacation at the beach 3 weeks a year, a pool in the back yard----- a life that I think most woman would love to have------------I am fit, in shape, and have never had a problem in the looks dept. I love her like I have never loved another. Has anyone of you guys turned this situation around?????

You may turn it around, but she has a boyfriend.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I make 6 figures, but it wont be enough to run our house and a place for me?? how does that work?? am I going to be flat broke-busted the rest of my life? She has a degree and can make 40-50k if she had to. will the courts make her go back to work?? How will I be able to live like that.

If you really like something,you better buy two!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have been in your shoes. In my opinion, the only way she may come to her senses is that she realizes what SHE lost. I would absolutely take the high road with the kids, but I would not let her see you sweat right now. Take the lead on the next steps regarding the Living situation, Money, Arrangements with Kids, etc. Once she realizes you are not going to be her punching bag, she may come to the realization of what she may lose. In other words, the best defense, is a good offense right now. Best wishes!

P&Y

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's why you need a good attorney, soon.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by whelennut
Sorry to hear about your problem. I was married 25 years and mine got cancer and died. Now I don't know if I want to take a chance on another one or not.
I have done some dating and found one who was divorced five times!!!!!
whelennut

whelennut, Sorry for the loss of your wife. Don't know if you had children but if you did, don't get remarried. Shack up, cohabitate, life partners, whatever you want to call it, but re-marriage will end up screwing over your kids. Just my perspective, good luck on the dating scene!

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
COVER YOUR ASS NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Protect as many assets as you can, talk to a lawyer in the morning.

Protect your kids, emotionally and financially.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
You need to go get a very good Lawyer, right now. Ask him how to get the most for you and your children. The courts won't make her do anything. She believes you are going to support her and you need to get your a$$ covered right now. You will then be in a better place to help your children. She has a plan and you need to get ahead of the curve quick.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Like was said earlier, you're gonna be okay. That's probably hard to see right now. Do not beat yourself up over this. It's okay to be introspective and ask what or if you could've done better, but don't bear the brunt of this.

I do believe that no matter how good a woman is, that their nature is to not let go of one branch until they have a firm grip on another. Sounds brutal to say, but many have lived it. I hope that's not the case here.

Take care of yourself and your kids, stay steady at work, and seek good counsel. Friends will expect you to lean heavily on them during the times ahead. Do so.

I hope the best for you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I honestly think everything happens for a reason.

Be thankful for your kids and roll with the punches I guess.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It ain't you friend - and like others have said; be strong find a good lawyer, and don't let her see you sweat.

abusus non tollit usum
Page 2 of 65 1 2 3 4 64 65

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 153, 67 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,536
Posts18,472,786
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.