Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I just don't get it. The two main ones are the Glock vs. 1911 guys. Why all the hate? If you own X why does it bother you when someone chooses Y or Z??

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I own both and like both. Though I do feel a little better using a Glock as a car gun instead of a 1911 that costs more than twice as much. Just not in condition one.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buddhists call it identification, people tie their egos to their possessions or something that gives them their identity.

"So, you chose something other than what I chose. Well, since I'm the center of the universe and everything other people do is really all about ME, what you're really saying is that you think what I bought is a POS. And if you think what I bought is a POS then what you really mean is that I'M a POS! Well F*CK YOU!!!!"

While I suspect, or at least hope that most of the bashing is more in fun, when people get serious the above is why.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mink
I own both and like both. Though I do feel a little better using a Glock as a car gun instead of a 1911 that costs more than twice as much. Just not in condition one.

I agree with this stance. I've owned both, shot both, and like both. I prefer to carry the 1911 over the Glock as I was never able to get comfortable carrying a Glock in Condition 1, IWB. I have no qualms about a 1911 carried that way.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I just don't get it. The two main ones are the Glock vs. 1911 guys. Why all the hate? If you own X why does it bother you when someone chooses Y or Z??

Some guns are better than others, for certain situations, obviously. Some guns require quite a bit more training to achieve the same level of safety and marksmanship than others. I think trying, and being familiar with LOTS of pistols is a good idea, but most don't have the time, inclination, or resources to do that. When folks ask me, I nearly always say a Glock 19 is almost never a bad choice.

The last gun I bought was an XDm.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have owned more than a few of both Glock and 1911's, personally prefer the trigger of a good 1911, but will admit that a 1911 is not a beginners best choice at all.

I also have enjoyed my various Charter Arms, Kel Tec, and a few other brands not as commonly appreciated. For certain specified purposes, some of the lesser knowns have some good niche guns.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As I stated in another post, this is a wonderful time to be a pistol carryin gun guy. LOTS of really good guns and choices out there. And, some fun caliber choices as well. 22TCM, 5.7x28 and 9x23 come to mind.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Buddhists call it identification, people tie their egos to their possessions or something that gives them their identity.

"So, you chose something other than what I chose. Well, since I'm the center of the universe and everything other people do is really all about ME, what you're really saying is that you think what I bought is a POS. And if you think what I bought is a POS then what you really mean is that I'M a POS! Well F*CK YOU!!!!"

While I suspect, or at least hope that most of the bashing is more in fun, when people get serious the above is why.

Chit, this explains a lot about this place.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jim in Idaho,

I think that you have hit it right on, and squished a nerve or two.

If a person is getting their identity from their stuff, and that is a very precarious (and foolish x 100) position to be in. But, it does explain why some get all wound up over a "my way is the only way" thinking here.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Mas Ayoob did a column in a Backwoods/prepper magazine years ago and opined that a 45acp, loaded with 200gr SWC's, would be a good low-tech defensive/survival option when and if "super-nine" ammo became scarce or unavailable. I can't make Barnes X's or Black Talons but I can cast 200gr SWC's.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Jim in Idaho,

I think that you have hit it right on, and squished a nerve or two.

If a person is getting their identity from their stuff, and that is a very precarious (and foolish x 100) position to be in. But, it does explain why some get all wound up over a "my way is the only way" thinking here.

OMFG!

This might be the height of hypocrisy, Mr. Only-an-uber-magnum-is-capable.

Do you even bother to think things through before you post them?

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was in a LGS yesterday that is really a tactical toy bin and was talking to one of their sales guys about some of their pistols in the glass case. He mentioned that he had, carried, and competed with a 1911 lightweight commander and couldn't get "comfortable" with a Glock grip because the angle was different.

I asked him if he ever shot single action revolvers and he said yes, then I asked him if he thought that grip angle was different than his 1911. "Well yup" was the response. He did seem super tactical with his appearance but what the heck it was a tactical shop and maybe he was a super competitor who didn't want his muscle memory to become confuse on the grip angle changes!!!!

I've got handguns with all kinds of grip angles from 1911, Glock Ruger, Sig, Single Action Colts, even ARs with all different grip angles and when I shoot them, I ADAPT, it's not hard to do.

My 1911 has a phenomenal trigger break to it but so do some of my Glocks, Rugers, and Sigs.

I like them all and love to shoot them all and I don't give a poop what you shoot as long as you are happy with it and then let's go shoot together.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love the "that gun doesn't fit me" line.

Always a knee slapper.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
My favorite is 45ACP vs 9mm for a carry piece.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
My favorite is 45ACP vs 9mm for a carry piece.

You'd get buy with a .177.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by 4ager
OMFG!

Not to mention that his screen name tells everyone "I've been to Africa and you haven't".
I was also waiting for him to add that a good belt makes carrying easier.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I don't know what you guys are thinking.

Pistols suck so give me a revolver and it better be a Smith&Wesson!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by 4ager
OMFG!

Not to mention that his screen name tells everyone "I've been to Africa and you haven't".
I was also waiting for him to add that a good belt makes carrying easier.

Are all yankees this class conscious? Just sayin.....

No damn wonder y'all can't elect a Republican.

Last edited by Glocktard; 01/22/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have found the big revolver guys usually have a lot of common sense, same with Hi-Power owners but...

People that carry a Hi-Point bother me...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,862 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,967
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.