B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This WTF movie had me walking out shakin' my head in the early 70's

"A Clockwork Orange"

It's even way worse than these clips...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPwqHoY9hUI

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another one, Jacob's Ladder...

WTF was this about.?

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Books was funny, movie unwatchable.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who the heck wouldn't love no country for old men, one of the best closing scenes ever in any movie

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is a Mexican movie with sub titles, "Like Water for Chocolate" with a woman who has constant gas, so must make love through a embroidered hole in the sheets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Like_Water_for_Chocolate_%28film%29

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Another one, Jacob's Ladder...

WTF was this about.?

It was about a soldier who is dying, while Dr's are doing CPR and trying to save him. While he is dying, he is having delusions about being back home. In his delusions, his dead son finally comes to him to take him up the stairs....to heaven. And the soldier dies. Dr's exclaim something in the end, to say that he really struggled in his last moments.
Come to find out, the soldiers in his platoon were part of an experiment, unbeknownst to them. They had been given doses of some drug, a hallucinogen, to make them better fighters or something. This soldier was attacked by one of his fellow soldiers. He and the platoon didn't survive, because they attacked and killed each other. That's all I remember about the film.

Last edited by Wyogal; 02/01/15.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
dodgefan: A Home Run! Blair Witch Project is an abyssamally bad movie. I did walk out on it.

And, this movie got great reviews. What a bizarre, incoherent, and stupid movie.

Guy that made it made 20 Million bucks. Go figure. What a piece of trash.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Huntinaz, I may have to rethink my list. Never saw that Vanilla Ice film but in that short clip, it does look like the wors ever.

A Wigger

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Saturday Night Fever.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Loving some of these. Dolomite rocks! Pinnacle of blacksploitation awesomeness.

Cabin Boy- great call out.

Famous awful one - "Manos, the hand of fate" is legendary.

My personal cryptonite was "The Game". Sean Pen + Michael Doulgas = real stupid.

For a great minute of film badness check out the worst death scene ever.
Bad filming, bad music, and not just a few inconsistencies. Try to count them all.

Enjoy.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I liked Jacob's Ladder when it came out.

Not sure if I ever have watched it since to actually confirm/deny how good/bad it really is. Those were kinda my "partying" days...... grin

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by viking
Valhalla Rising on Netflix.
I believe I found it on showtime. Truly awful!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BGunn
This WTF movie had me walking out shakin' my head in the early 70's

"A Clockwork Orange"

It's even way worse than these clips...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPwqHoY9hUI
That was a classic great movie

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Valhalla Rising

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rocky Horror...absolute worst movie I've ever seen. How much drugs did it take for that to become a cult classic.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pira114
Napoleon Dynamite. Tried twice, can't get passed 15 minutes

Depending on where and when you grew up, it's awesome. It pretty much nails small town life in the desert NW.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've waded through this thread, and I think a bunch of y'all are missing something: the worst movies are not the ones you think are horribly bad, but the ones you forget. You sit through 2 hours of mindless goo and walk away so unimpressed that the next day you can't remember them.

I used to be a budding young film dude. I even sold a feature film script 35 years ago, back before I discovered even being successful didn't mean you'd make any money at it. There was a decade or so where a bunch of us would screen films on a regular basis that make any of your choices for worst pale.

Sometimes I'd host a party when I could get hold of stuff, other times it would be at somebody else's place. We'd deliberately watch this stuff, picking it apart for why the @$#@# somebody would do such dreck. This was back before VHS, so it took being jacked in and being able to get hold of a 16 mm print and a projector.

Plan 9? Dang! You should see Glen or Glenda if you want bad. The Ed Wood catalog is filled with gems like this from the bottom of the barrel, but there really are worse out there.

Ishtar? Bad, pointless, but good production values. It had a really stupid plot, that's all.

Casablanca? All I can say is that I KNEW I was getting lucky if that was showing at the local art house, and I could feed her a good meal afterwards. Like it or not, anyone who says this movie is the worst has never gone real far out in the shallow end of cinema. Heck there are a bunch of Warner Bros. flicks that used the same actors in basically the same roles that were supposed to be knock-offs of Casablanca. Those MUST be worse

As I said, the worst are the ones you can't remember. However, there is one that stands out in my mind. Snow White and the Three Stooges. It is memorably forgettable for two reasons:

1) It is done on ice
2) It has Curly Joe
3) You hardly see the 3 Stooges

[Linked Image]

BTW: Here's the Wikipedia entry:
List of films considered the worst

Everything up until 1985 you can bet I saw. A good number of them I forget.

What isn't listed is what's called "Four-Wallers". These were films where the distributor would go into a theatre and buy the right to show the film for a period of a period of time. He did his own marketing. The theatre owner was just renting the space. If you're really looking for bad, I'd go looking in the real of Four Wallers. The worst one I ever saw from that genre was a Sasquatch documentary that wholly revolved around the Patterson-Gimlin footage-- a minute's total. The rest was goo.

You guys are of an age where you got to remember Four-Wallers, don't you? The ones with all the hype with all the really bad posters that would haunt your small town theater for a month, keeping all the good flicks away? The last time I saw one ( I don't remember what it was) was at the theater in downtown Lebanon, Ohio. Shortly after that the theater closed for good.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Okay, sorry if already nominated but Dracula 3000 is so incredibly bad it goes right up to the concept of "so bad it's good", hate rapes that concept from hell to breakfast, then rockets straight off to being too awful to describe. It's even got actors that, while hardly A Listers, are established performers. The ending is so WTF? you'll swear they just figured out the movie couldn't be saved and just quit.

I strongly encourage everyone to go to IMDB and read the people's reviews. It's hilarious. Here's just a taste:

"This is, by far, the single biggest waste of hours you could otherwise spend contemplating the importance of dish towels and their effect on your life. I would far rather be trapped in a bathroom for weeks with nothing to consume but my own urine and excrement than watch even a single clip of this movie again."

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by pira114
Napoleon Dynamite. Tried twice, can't get passed 15 minutes

Depending on where and when you grew up, it's awesome. It pretty much nails small town life in the desert NW.

Yip, and some pretty memorable characters.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by shaman
I've waded through this thread, and I think a bunch of y'all are missing something: the worst movies are not the ones you think are horribly bad, but the ones you forget. You sit through 2 hours of mindless goo and walk away so unimpressed that the next day you can't remember them.

I used to be a budding young film dude. I even sold a feature film script 35 years ago, back before I discovered even being successful didn't mean you'd make any money at it. There was a decade or so where a bunch of us would screen films on a regular basis that make any of your choices for worst pale.

Sometimes I'd host a party when I could get hold of stuff, other times it would be at somebody else's place. We'd deliberately watch this stuff, picking it apart for why the @$#@# somebody would do such dreck. This was back before VHS, so it took being jacked in and being able to get hold of a 16 mm print and a projector.

Plan 9? Dang! You should see Glen or Glenda if you want bad. The Ed Wood catalog is filled with gems like this from the bottom of the barrel, but there really are worse out there.

Ishtar? Bad, pointless, but good production values. It had a really stupid plot, that's all.

Casablanca? All I can say is that I KNEW I was getting lucky if that was showing at the local art house, and I could feed her a good meal afterwards. Like it or not, anyone who says this movie is the worst has never gone real far out in the shallow end of cinema. Heck there are a bunch of Warner Bros. flicks that used the same actors in basically the same roles that were supposed to be knock-offs of Casablanca. Those MUST be worse

As I said, the worst are the ones you can't remember. However, there is one that stands out in my mind. Snow White and the Three Stooges. It is memorably forgettable for two reasons:

1) It is done on ice
2) It has Curly Joe
3) You hardly see the 3 Stooges

[Linked Image]

BTW: Here's the Wikipedia entry:
List of films considered the worst

Everything up until 1985 you can bet I saw. A good number of them I forget.

What isn't listed is what's called "Four-Wallers". These were films where the distributor would go into a theatre and buy the right to show the film for a period of a period of time. He did his own marketing. The theatre owner was just renting the space. If you're really looking for bad, I'd go looking in the real of Four Wallers. The worst one I ever saw from that genre was a Sasquatch documentary that wholly revolved around the Patterson-Gimlin footage-- a minute's total. The rest was goo.

You guys are of an age where you got to remember Four-Wallers, don't you? The ones with all the hype with all the really bad posters that would haunt your small town theater for a month, keeping all the good flicks away? The last time I saw one ( I don't remember what it was) was at the theater in downtown Lebanon, Ohio. Shortly after that the theater closed for good.

Those usually became the Saturday matinee 'filler' movies for pre-teens and 'make-out' flicks for teen-agers in the evening showings.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 57 invisible), 2,959 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,969
Posts18,519,658
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.