Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by JasonH
I guess I just don't understand why a few folks made such a big deal over the twist rates from the very beginning. If you don't like the way LAW builds rifles, aren't there plenty of other choices?

50 Shades of Dumbphucktitude.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And which firearms company do you run Micro Groove?

Laughin'. Your little 1:10 twisted Supergrade will probably launch corelokts ok. I guess.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Do you dip [bleep] think that the majority of the shooting and hunting public sits in their basements handloading and obsessing over the twist rates in their rifle? If that's your hobby fine, but you are in a small minority.

As for the super grade, haven't scoped it and shot it yet. If it will put them into 1-1.5 inches at 100 yards, it will be all i ever need to hunt with. I will find one load that shoots good and leave it alone. Who cares about anything other than that? We aren't talking about benchrest or match rifles here. There are plenty of those to be had elsewhere if that is what you are after.

Steelhead, just wondering what you retired from? Underwater basketweaving?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Have either one of you had your hands on a South Carolina manufactured or Portuguese Winchester? Because I will agree that the last few years they were made in New Haven they were pretty pathetic. However the South Carolina made Jack O'Connor tribute that I have is one awesome rifle. And the Portuguese .243 Super Grade I just bought might be just a bit nicer than the South Carolina rifles I've seen.

Yes. In fact I have a Portuguese EW for the time being.

But for the most part M70's are just too portly to get my interest.

I have no interest in a rifle pushing 9lb naked, let alone one that is 9lb. scoped and loaded.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
So just because they are "too portly" for your interest, you condemn the entire company as unworthy........you ever stop to think that different people have different tastes? That seems to be a recurring theme on this forum.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Well, unless it's a varmint rifle, I am pretty sure more people like an 7-8lb 243 than like a 9 pound one.

And anybody paying attention would prefer something other than a 10 twist in 243.

Maybe that's why they can't keep a permanent business address.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
WhelenAway, here's a little secret for you.......most buyers ARE NOT paying attention to the twist rate. I understand that you and a couple of other folks live in a small world and you think that everyone is as crazy about this stuff as you are.....but that simply isn't the case. Most people have a life outside the reloading bench and technical manuals. They want nice guns that shoot reasonably well......that is all.

As far as weight, there is an awful lot of stand hunting done in the United states these days, and an awful lot of fat guys that simply ride their atv to the deer stand and climb up with their rifle. I don' t think weight matters that much to the average bubba. Not sure why anyone would look at winchester anyway if what they want is a lightweight svelte rifle. There are far better choices.

Last edited by JasonH; 02/07/15.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
[quote=JasonH]WhelenAway, here's a little secret for you.......most buyers ARE NOT paying attention to the twist rate. I understand that you and a couple of other folks live in a small world and you think that everyone is as crazy about this stuff as you are.....but that simply isn't the case. Most people have a life outside the reloading bench and technical manuals. They want nice guns that shoot reasonably well......that is all.

Yes that BUT, it won't hurt Bubba who don't give a shiit about twist rate and wants his $1500 rifle to shoot an inch and a half to have a faster twist. But having a faster twist will get MORE people who DO give a shiit interested in the product. More customers buying more product = more $$$$$. NOBODY loses!

What is so hard for you to understand about that? I've been rebar relying rifles for over a decade now, I've NEVER had anyone ask for a slower twist and the guys who don't know what twist rate is or does would never know if I screwed an 8 twist on their 243 when I rebarrel it.

You are making this really hard.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
WhelenAway, here's a little secret for you.......most buyers ARE NOT paying attention to the twist rate. I understand that you and a couple of other folks live in a small world and you think that everyone is as crazy about this stuff as you are.....but that simply isn't the case. Most people have a life outside the reloading bench and technical manuals. They want nice guns that shoot reasonably well......that is all.

A fairly low percentage of those guys visit this site.

Why do you?

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Man, this is like watching Groundhog Day.

Maybe one day he'll get it.

Where all the white women at?
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Anybody know how Kimber twists the 243 Montana?

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
1-10"

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BurninDupont
1-10"

Burnin': Thanks.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Reed
Tedthorn/taylorforce: Regarding the statement: This company won't be around in 5 years if they want to build $1500 rifles that a company in Yonkers already builds for 500 less.... you refer to a Kimber. I have one in our shop and have compared them side by side...not even close on many fronts, stock is not as comfortable to me, not Cerakoted etc. Melvin Forbes is a great gunsmith with tremendous experience and he and Mark are friends but it is a push feed rifle.

Hmmmm, you thinking of a Forbes?

Kimber is a CRF action with a very similar stock...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jason,

Sounds like he is consulting members on this forum, which I believe is a good idea. I'm not sure who his target market issue supposed to be, but what he is offering is a rifle to those who demand more than the bic rifles at Walmart.

I can think of a dozen people on here who are a treasure trove of information and well worth the price of their consultation from this website.

A few of them have already posted on this thread, HINT!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Cut them a little slack. Picking industry standard twists was probably a low level decision compared to all they had going on.

They are listening. They deserve a little patience.

This could be a really nice rifle.

+1000 ... I want to see them be successful enough that they see value (market share + profit) in offering Left Hand actions and rifles...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd be damned if a let a low level person make the design on my product that I'm dumping large capitol into....and that merely speculation... Lets see if they get their poop in line before they hit the market FWIW this all will be a moot point if they are long throated with a short mag

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I guess I just don't understand why a few folks made such a big deal over the twist rates from the very beginning.

That's obvious.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Then those 'most people' that you speak of won't mind if the 223 & 243 barrels are twisted 1:8". Since they don't care.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you dip [bleep] think that the majority of the shooting and hunting public sits in their basements handloading and obsessing over the twist rates in their rifle? If that's your hobby fine, but you are in a small minority.

My god your post are painful. If the average Joe Shlub can't shoot or even care about sub-moa groups, or what twist rate is in the barrel, or if it has a short mag and long throat, why would you?

If Reed wants feedback from people that know, what are you running your soup cooler for? Your points are valid in that Joe Shlub doesn't know or care, but it is a pretty damn sure bet Reed and LAW already know this too.

The comment that this is like watching Groundhog Day is right on the money.

Sean
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (007FJ, 22250rem, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,169 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,370
Posts18,506,547
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.