RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Good fugging gravy.

Dave

You ate at the German place too?

My wife and I went Saturday.

Jaegerschnitzel with brown gravy and potatoes.

And a side order of sauerkraut.

And a darkie in a frosted mug.

But that gravy was the f'n bomb.

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by Steelhead
This thread is funnier than [bleep]. P.O. Ackley, old farts from NH, a guy that has never left NC, plus the added pressure concern.

Let's also not leave out 'fast twist' makes sense for head shooters. I'm sure if it weren't for flaming a few deer a year in brain pan that Stick would be running 1-12" 243's. Sweet Jesus.

If this don't work out for Reed I hope he opens a Clown College, plenty of candidates here.

LOL! Great contribution....as usual. Another vagina monologue.

Tell me where I'm wrong? Seems it's all you long winded bastards that haven't the first clue.

Facts don't need many words.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Good fugging gravy.

Dave

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by BobinNH
This thread is funnier than [bleep]. P.O. Ackley, old farts from NH, a guy that has never left NC, plus the added pressure concern.

Let's also not leave out 'fast twist' makes sense for head shooters. I'm sure if it weren't for flaming a few deer a year in brain pan that Stick would be running 1-12" 243's. Sweet Jesus.

If this don't work out for Reed I hope he opens a Clown College, plenty of candidates here.

LOL! Great contribution....as usual. Another vagina monologue.

Tell me where I'm wrong? Seems it's all you long winded bastards that haven't the first clue.

The fact is, squealhead, you are a do nothing that likes to tell every one else that their success is wrong. We get the fast twist thing. Many of us own fast twist custom rifles. But the reality is many of us actually hunt as well. We know good and well that 1" of twist does not make or break success in the field. In fact, I will hunt, for the next two years, with a 9.25 twist 243 AI, a 9 twist 280, and a 10 twist 338 and will, once again, out hunt (successfully) you doing it. That's a given. Or in other words a fact.

So carry on wringing your hands and throwing out vile insults while the rest of us do and you, well, do not.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Speaking of cunnys.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pathfinder76

The fact is, squealhead, you are a do nothing ...

Oh, boy, are you off-base.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

True, but reading comprehension does if you're going to bother us with yet another of your witty retorts.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RWE

You southern folk love that schnitzel gravy.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

First of all what passes for "facts" in your world really amount to nothing more than speculation and guessing about what people other than yourself "know". And I think you are clever enough to mask a lot of your own inexperience by not saying too much.

Second,your delivery of glib one liners are designed to insult and belittle people and comprise the overwhelming majority of what you post,as if everyone is stupid except you.I think you do it to make yourself seem superior somehow. Bullies behave that way. I get that you don't happen to enjoy what I post on here....that's too bad. I don't "like" what you post either. You've never taught me anything I don't already know,and you're insulting to boot....not a great combination. wink

It's easy to toss out insults and one liners that don't communicate very much. You do it a lot and profess shear genius is in the brevity....you think this fools people. It doesn't.

I don't know how old you are and don't care;since you're retired you aren't all that far behind me. But you comment on this fast twist thing like you invented the concept...as Pathfinder says you aren't the only one who knows about it.

I had Krieger build a number of fast twist barrels in 270, 7mm, 30 caliber,35, and 375 starting back in the 80's and continuing right into the 90's....8-9 in 7mm and similar in 30,12 in 35,and 10 in 375.So I have an understanding of what they do and don't do and the benefits,since I loaded and shot, and hunted with about every single one of them.You may have been in high school at the time?

yes, I am aware that increased twist does not, of itself, increase pressures,at least as near as I can tell. If it did I likely would have blown up a rifle or three by now.

Here right now I have barrels in 6mm/8 twist Bartlein, 7mm/ 9 twist Brux, and (just arrived) 10 twist Krieger 375. I assume they would meet your approval? Be glad to send you a photo if you don't believe me.

I am not sure how any of this moves me into the Old Fart/Clown class but you have your own ideas about me; I have my own ideas about you,too.

I don't know what your problem is since you don't communicate very well. You don't like Bansner stocks? Ever own at least one?

Ever even seen an Ed Brown action?

If you read what I posted, you might see that I said a fast twist would be a good idea in light of recent bullets...I also said this is not "new" although you might think it is,since many cartridges ,other than the 6mm's have morphed into a faster twist in response to bullet development. The 7mm Weatherby cartridge moved from a 12 twist to a 10 twist because it would not stabilize 160 gr bullets of the day. The 270 Weatherby also went from 12 to 10.This may have happened before you were born but I'm not sure.

All that said,and as Pathfinder points out(I know that he has considerable experience actually killing BG animals) the success or failure of a hunt rarely if ever boils down to what twist is in your barrel. You need a faster twist to stabilize longer bullets....I get it...many of us do.

So I would suggest you get some of your "facts" straight before you declare them etched in stone. I know i asked you this before but if I am not mistaken you've never killed any BG animal at much past 300 yards. Not sure I got a response because I rarely if ever go back to see what you said a second time. I have to deal with people like you sometimes in my work....I sure don't want to be bothered with them in my time off.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Faster twists do increase pressure, how much I really don't know, I more or less just threw that into the mix as it possibly may play a role in their decision on their twist rates I've never seen any issues with my faster twists and think it would benefit them to change a few twist rates on certain cartridges but in the end that will be their decision, one thing I won't do is treat Reed with disrespect just because I don't agree with how they are setting up their rifles, I'll just take a different route.....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
In the end it boils down to fast twist has been suggested and it is understood that this opens the market to more buyers and closes it to none of the previous buyers.

Unless there is some greater cost associated with the faster twist barrels, this is a no brainer in regard to a business decision.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Faster twists do increase pressure, how much I really don't know, I more or less just threw that into the mix as it possibly may play a role in their decision on their twist rates I've never seen any issues with my faster twists and think it would benefit them to change a few twist rates on certain cartridges but in the end that will be their decision, one thing I won't do is treat Reed with disrespect just because I don't agree with how they are setting up their rifles, I'll just take a different route.....

People with pressure testing equipment have proven that the increase in pressure is next to nothing.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

People with pressure testing equipment have proven that the increase in pressure is next to nothing.

Travis

You may very well be right, I knew flave precision would know ....I'll try to come up with a better conspiracy theory next time!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
You want to settle for a compromise?

I don't even know why we are so concerned with LAW. Stick nailed it in his first post.

With all the special runs, no reason to compromise.

Stick is usually right on many topics related to shooting and he is a proponent of buying rifles built around the use of a specific bullet. But again, that market (and thinking while good) represents an even smaller market segment. Remember too, that Stick is a head shot guy, at least from the pics I've seen here of his victims, so unless that is your plan as well, it might not be the road you'd want to build a rifle around. Any animal shot in the noggin is going to drop like a rock, so he picks bullets based on high BC and long range shots for than reason mostly. He has to anchor [bleep] pronto as tracking animals that travel into bear country isn't a warm and fuzzy feeling, along with if they travel some distance into cover, recovering them is a bitch do to the density of the bush. I know that his good pal, John Burns, also buys rifles with the same mindset as he is selling a "turnkey" rig for his customers, so his setup is more successful to build rifles that are going to use one bullet, at a certain velocity, along with a scope with a custom load specific system. For Burns rifles too, it makes complete sense.

In fairness...I haven't shot anything in the head,since Sunday afternoon,mainly because yesterday was a travel day to work. I caught an unsuspecting Otter swimming at what I figured to be 680yds(triangulated from LRF readings in the neighborhood and extrapolated in kind) and when I dialed 680yd dope into a MK4 M1 3.5-10x(which I'd left on 6X in my haste to drop into an MPA/Ruck field rest),it arranged a 6-284 1-8" Brux spout flingin' 105 Hornie HPBT's kissin' from it's DBM,to crush a cranium. Anything but "surprising",was the outcome.

I got caught flat footed the day prior in similar opportunity,though UKD and I had the wrong tool for the job in my mitts,but tried to make do. 75 Hornie HPBT's at 2725fps from an 18" 1-8" Middie,is hardly a laser beam and I reckoned the distance to be 425yds,as a laser wouldn't bounce off his head in the snow/fog/water and it were closer to 450yds. Made mention that the following day would be a LFB Day,in order to fend another UKD situation,with more BC and more velocity...as well as give the not so OEM Pappy Zero Stop some more Play Time.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now steaks tend to get shot in the ear,if only because the ear is the furthest kill button away from the steaks and flipping the CNS switch reliably seals the deal. Flipside being,Critters that ain't sought expressly for their Steaktitude,tend to get shoulders broken with boring regularity. Though it is a nice arrangement that Splendid Beasties,come with Splendid Steaks.

If only to stay the course.

80yds. 105Hornie HPBT.

[Linked Image]

505yds. 105 Hornie HPBT.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

Now this twist schit is always a fhuqking riot,because droves of CLUELESS Window Licking Idiots come crawling outta the woodwork,to extoll their amazing fhuqking STUPIDITY. Funniest part is,all those belly aching Clueless Kchunts are "over twisted" with all the schit they shoot and they don't even fhuqking know it. EPIC fhuqking humor! Their 308's,'06's,yada,yada,yada all boast copious reserve twist rate,given the length of projectiles these Stupid Fhuqkers launch. Bullets matter more than headstamps and none can drive that point home better obliviously,than a herd of Whining Kchunts.

Ms. Reed is very obviously a Clueless Kchunt and still as of yet,the cat has her tongue and the couch her kchunt,because she's gone wayyyyyyyyyyy outta her way to refrain any/all things germane. Even she KNOWS how far she is in over her head and that's some poignant perspective. Laffin'!

It is hardly a daunting feat to twist and throat in conjunction with COAL. That being said,all these WhizBang Dumb Fhuqks and their latest Show Ponies,try double-extry hard to make sure no dots are connected. Now that is a fascinating Business Model. Wow!

The Whining Kchunt Faction has long been gunning twist rates of copious reserve,less an inkling in that regard and now are convinced that it is time to make a "stand",so as to preclude that which they've been doing their entire Clueless fhuqking "Life". FUNNY schit!!!

The upside to reserve RPM,is that there is no downside. Read that again. Now one more time. I shoot a goodly smattering of twist rates in more than a few diameters and in none of them,do I have ammo in a lazy twist,that I cannot gun in a faster one,due to "pressure" curves associated with RPM. 'Course you cain't buy Superformance ammo in a 10",11" and 12" "only" versions either,but Drooling Dumbfhuqks will Hissy Fit inherent advantages. Again...FUNNY schit!

Do I expressly label 1-14" 223AI fodder,so as to keep it out of my 12,10,9,8,7.7 and 7" twist spouts? Nope. Will there be a catastrophic failure,if I shoot 1-7"/75gr fodder through a 14"? Nope...only keyholes.

Will a 1-8" 243Win in say a 2.815" box throated in conjunction,steal Joe Average's Ping Pong Ball BC launching Thunder? Ummmmm...nope,the STUPID fhuqker would still be devoid ANY/ALL inkling,just as he has been from day one. Now will the astute,leap upon those glaring advantages and reap the rewards? All day and every day. Can poor poor STUPID fhuqking Joe Average,savvy that the only way boolits get better,is to get longer?!? Nope,that'd be wayyyyyyyyyyy too fhuqking easy. Laffin'!

Were I not waiting to board a jet,I might would mebbe delve into the "startling" facts associated with modest case capacity chamberings,soundly flogging on greater capacity and longer action length chamberings,due solely boolit selection. Such things really get Joe Average into a Hissy Fit and that too,is of course funnier than fhuqk! The greater the BC,the greater a boolit clings to it's starting velocity,the harder it hits(due the retention of that speed) and the better it slips atmospheric conditions. Really pisses Clueless Kchunts off too,when the projectiles that arrange same,are less expensive too. It's another real pisser for 'em,that one can reduce recoil,while bolstering flight characteristics and terminal affects. I can hear itty-bitty feet stomping in unison now. Laffin'!

Tough to trump the humor of something that handles like a Rail Road Tie and launches Ping Pong Balls,as the culmination of deep "thought",extensive "experience" and copious "R&D"...then Stupid Fhuqkers wearing a straight face,stand in line to laude the melding.

Just ohhhhhhhhhh sooooooooooooooooo fhuqking WOW.

+P!

Laffin'!

Hint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JasonH
I don't think any of this is worth arguing over anymore. Trying to reason with certain folks on this forum is like trying to convince bill clinton to keep his dick in his pants.

It's absurd to actually believe that a company is not going to be successful because they don't design their rifles to the specifications of the garage gunsmiths on this forum. The fact remains that as long as LAW builds a reliable rifle that is reasonably accurate and keeps the street price around $1500, they will probably sell every rifle they can make. Regardless of twist rate. If the rifles will shoot 1-1.5" groups at 100 yards, that is all most hunters will ever need or care about. The real attraction of these rifles is going to be the proprietary action, the cerrakote finish and the high tech specialties stock.

If they happen to go to the 1:8 twist that the ballistic nazis on this forum are shouting for, so be it. I'm sure it will make a handful of people very happy. However, even if they don't, it's not going to hurt their profits. They will smile all the way to the bank.

If the opinions of the people on this forum mattered so much, then they would already be employed in the firearms business in some capacity. The fact that they are not shows just how useful their opinions really are. Again, the sooner you folks realize that we are all just piss ants with a computer, the better off you will be.

I'm no ordinary garage gunsmith.

Here at 'flave Precision we get things right. Sometimes.

[Linked Image]

These threads suck and I just scroll for pictures!

I do appreciate that the center piece of your work area features the hammers! Very useful in home gunsmithing...good job.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I looked at these at the great American outdoor show yesterday. If the twist rates don't scare you off it might be worth a look.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by vabowhntr
I looked at these at the great American outdoor show yesterday. If the twist rates don't scare you off it might be worth a look.

What do you like about them?

Travis

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This is a good article from someone I wouldn't question very much on internal and external ballistics. There are no downsides to faster twist rates in this modern era.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2015/02/does-barrel-twist-rate-affect-muzzle-velocity-litz-test/

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Much of what I liked was very subjective, which is why I hesitated to go into details. From what I could tell by handling the rifle for a few minutes it appeared to be well put together. The fit and finish on that example was excellent, and the stock felt very good in the hand with a thinner grip and the rifle balanced well. It was light enough, yet felt solid. The action was very smooth yet there was hardly any wear on the finish in the raceways, unlike the Forbes I have spent a lot of time with that took a lot of cycling the bolt to smooth out. It did have a little wear on the coating on the barrel, but who knows how many times it had been set into the metal display they had. I can't make a firm recommendation until I put one through the wringer, but if you wanted a gun that matched the specs they have it seemed like a good way to get into one without the wait for about what it would cost for a smith to put one together. I can't wait to hear the reviews later this spring from those that get one.

Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (22250rem, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,367
Posts18,506,453
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.