-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Still happily driving the XLC,but the TSX is coming online,via my herd.

Have mainly been launching .284" 120TSX and .308" 168TSX.

Was a smidge dubious at first,fretting terminal affects,but reality negates that initial hunch.

Was afeared the driving bands,were gonna promote petals coming off of the shank.

Hasn't been a factor...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey Stick,
What do ya do fer a living that ya got all of that time ta sit around and screw a rifle together? Around here we is retired and moving a L'il bit slower, but we is still too dang busy doing things ta do anything like that. Maybe next time I want a new rifle, I'll place my order with you instead of Remington. Especially since I kin git mah hearts desire in a weeks time and fer less than $1K.

Flower Child

P.S. Been think'n lately 'bout a 40/378 fer shoot'n all the dang rabbits that is git'n in mah garden. Whatcha think we might be able ta do together in a weeks time?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey Stick,
What do ya do fer a living that ya got all of that time ta sit around and screw a rifle together?

Not to mention his 21,000 posts on an on-line message board...sounds like a keyboard cowboy to me.

I hate rude behavior in a man....won't tolerate it.

-Captain Woodrow F. Call
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You've been led to water,I cain't make you drink.................

I know it must sound arrogant to you,

but believe me, most of us actually think we can survive without your guidance.

[color:"blue"] +1

My grandpappy taught me if you can't say anthing nice-don't say anything at all. No matter who posts, you always have something bad to say about their choice, whether it be caliber, brand, etc. To my knowledge not one person has said anything about those tacky skull & crossbones you put on your rifles.[/color]

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I like my parts in a pile,then commence....................

This is the key to getting the work done fast. Hope it wasn't lost in translation.

GB

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stick,the having it built number.I go with having it built,more money,but less of a gamble.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Question is, what did he say that isn't accurate?

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have 'em screwed together.

My Wife reports that I just took delivery of the 280,sourced offa this Board. It was $750 to my doorstep. (LINK). I reckon there's a chance I was ripped off and that it "won't shoot",but I like the odds. The blueprint strikes me as familiar.

Gave 20yrs of my Life to the chainsaw,traded that for a job that grants 26wks of a year. I reckon it a fair trade.

After having used the 378 as my main rifle for a spell and then driving a 30-378 for a shorter time,I think I'm done with any 378 incarnations. Had headspace issues on the MK5 378 and the TRG-S is/was a POS. I can like the capacity of the Roy's biggest 375,but finding a suitable donor is a chore.

Went 338Ultra and never glanced in the rearview mirror.

The bitch with the 40,or anything bigger than .375" is the lack of affordable play boolits. So I always stopped at the 375 bore,be it 375H&H,375H&H Ackley Improved or the aforementioned 378.

LS&B was always good about blowing out Hornady 270SP "blems" for dirt cheap and I found them a viable source for quality practice. High volume was my 378's undoing.

As mentioned prior,$1K will yield very nice tools,by circumventing the Factory..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Hey Stick,
What do ya do fer a living that ya got all of that time ta sit around and screw a rifle together?

Not to mention his 21,000 posts on an on-line message board...sounds like a keyboard cowboy to me.

You missed that target.........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Field and Stream is where all my info is sourced.

One day...I'll try hands on....................

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Like minds.....

You back in Paradise yet?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm off The Slope Tuesday afternoon,will get home Wednesday midday,weather depending. Plan to get soused that night and whittle a coupla hunks.

Thursday,I hope to be skinning a lifesize cape on a Monster,way up in the Alpine. Plan on overnighting.

Field and Stream just had an article,on the prospects and I like the odds......................

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I going high this weekend, weather permitting. Only little bastards hanging out low....

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
To no one in particular

Stick isn't the most tactful or least egotistical guy around, but if you don't think he occasionally knows what he's talking about, you've got another think coming.

On the other hand, a guy with as many opinions on different subjects has must to be right on some of them. (grin)

T

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hell...folks gotta have something to bitch about,I've the shoulders for the burden.

Fluff ain't my gig,cutting to the chase will resolve issues in the least amount of time and I am guilty of thinking highly of myself.

Some wanna pay more for less,some wanna pay more for same. Neither approach,much appeals to me.

Glass is the best place to get hosed,but as we've seen,one can get bent over on a rifle as well.

Field and Stream had an article.................(grin)

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hey Stick,

You obviously haven't seen all of his kill pictures . . .

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I understand that and I'm not really feeling a need to defend you per se, but some people tune you out because of your attitude (and/or mannerisms) when in fact, as I said, you are not always wrong.

On the other hand I don't think I could get it done in a week if I did it myself. But I do see the wisdom in stockpiling as you and others have mentioned. It just seems I stockpile the partial mismatches. Like playing solitaire with a deck of fiftyone, as was once said.

Then there's that code I'm still working on. Not asking for help, I'm reasonably certain I'll crack it one day.

T

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I write in a way,so folks can think whatever they wanna think. Dipshitts often get riled,those with a clue,get a giggle.

Makes it easy to sort that way.(grin)

'Smith built me one in a day once,but I plead my case well.........................

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'll admit you didn't get that stack of rifles sitting around waiting on them.

T

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
On the other hand I'm either oblivious to nuance, or you do carry a certain amount of redundancy. Not a bad thing, just redundant.
T

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (8MMX57JS, Akhutr, ak_Rick, 9 invisible), 908 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,101
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.