Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
woofer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
W
Broke it out. Need to enlighten the GF about the virtues of Venison.... She hates the smell of it. Thought a crock pot may help...

Have roasts etc....

W

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
GB4

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Taken from doe or pre-rut bucks, huh?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
W
woofer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
W
Does and a RUT buck...

W

MtnHtr
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Flave's recipe for combo's in the cooking section is outstanding. PM me if you have trouble finding it.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Add some garlic and lots of red wine.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8223682/Italian_Beef_(Pic_heavy)#Post8223682

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If she doesn't like that you can hold her head under the broth until she stops thrashing.

Win/win!

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I put it in the crock pot on low over night, let roast or rough cuts cool then shred with a fork and pour the BBQ sauce to it. Pulled venison sandwiches - excellent and easy!

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by woofer
Broke it out. Need to enlighten the GF about the virtues of Venison.... She hates the smell of it.

A splash of Hoppe's No. 9 to the mix.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
W
woofer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
W
Yo Flave. Tried the waterboarding method with generic human extremities and no luck. Looked for the cooking, thanks for the link...

W

Last edited by woofer; 02/20/15.

MtnHtr
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That schit be good yo.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't say I care for the smell of venison raw or until it's about half done either. Past that it's ambrosia.

My grandmother's method was to take slices of round (I think) and put in a roaster, smother with onions, and shove in the wood stove for the afternoon. More like 2 or 3 hours actually but the oven was on the high side of moderate. Basically cook the crap out of it. Then make pan gravy (on the thin side, like thickened drippings) with a little leftover coffee and serve with polenta. Nobody didn't love it.

I suppose you could accomplish the same with a crock pot and make gravy separately. I would add garlic but I love garlic. Season with just salt and pepper.

And of course trim off every bit of fat.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Cube your venison into chunks like stew meat, add potatoes, carrots, peas and whatever other vegetables both of you like. Add beef broth till it nearly covers the meat and vegetables, turn the crock pot on high till everything is heated thru then on low for 3-4 hours. Add one cup of red cooking wine during the last hour. Everyone who has tried this venison lover or not has enjoyed it, you could substitute two teaspoons of liquid smoke for the red wine if you prefer a smokey flavor.

Last edited by gunswizard; 02/20/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
two tablespoons of liquid smoke

shocked Not the brand I use. More like a capful and the bottle has a small cap.

Sounds delicious otherwise. For wine I'd prefer a little, like a tablespoon or two, of dry vermouth. It can be overpowering if you're not careful. For red a sweet Marsala would be nice. For venison particularly I add a pinch of sugar to a stew. Think like a seasoning, not enough so you can taste it but it adds a little something.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 1minute
Add some garlic and lots of red wine.

Yeah, get her drunk first.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
can of cream of mushroom soup and a can of tomato soup, about an hour or two before you want to eat it add in potatoes/carrots. super easy and delicious. make some crescent rolls to go with it if you wish, or fresh asparagus and butter. season to taste.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Cubed venison, 4 cans of rotell, one of those chipotle's packed in that sauce, a can of corn (drained), diced onion, chile powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, all on low for ~6 hours. Toss in a drained can of kidney beans the last hour and serve up with some cheddar cheese, sour cream, and cornbread.

Can't make this stuff often enough at work. Everyone loves it.

I may have even sniped that recipe from this website, I don't recall.

Brandon Gleason
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
This works. One chopped onion, Can of mushroom soup, 1/2 packet McCormick Beef Stew mix, and a can of water. Sounds to easy to be great - but it is.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
can of cream of mushroom soup and a can of tomato soup, about an hour or two before you want to eat it add in potatoes/carrots. super easy and delicious. make some crescent rolls to go with it if you wish, or fresh asparagus and butter. season to taste.

This^^^, plus a couple packs of liptons dry onion soup mix, two onions chopped into 8 pieces each, 4 cups of this mornings coffee, a few chopped garlic pods, heaping table spoon of mustard, no freaking corn, a big pile of chopped celery, another can of cream of mushroom soup, tablespoon of wooster, garlic powder, more garlic powder. Cook.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/20/15.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
We have this crock pot venison frequently,

Venison shoulder roast in bottom of crock pot
Sprinkle dry onion soup mix on top of the roast
1/4 cup of Heinz 57 sauce on top of roast
1 can of French onion soup on top of roast
Couple lbs of diced potatoes
Hand full of diced carrots
Small onion quartered
Add 1 can of Campbell yellow mushroom soup mix (mixed into potatoes and carrots)
1/2 can of water

Cook on high for a couple of hours than on low for 7-8 hours.

This is very tender and awesome venison stew.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (007FJ, 12savage, 12344mag, 10ring1, 160user, 1936M71, 69 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,909
Posts18,479,473
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.