Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Big......

Think 6+ feet of Jim!

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
How big is this man? I keep reading about him we need a pic!

I just happen to have a pic of Gunner - He's big alright - -

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/157/f/8/the_lumberjack_by_brutebysimon-d681i94.png

Last edited by P_Weed; 03/13/15. Reason: I changed the pic - you look better with clothes on!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gunner and me
[Linked Image]

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Well I like to be able to pick up any pistol and be able to bring it into action immediately. Just like the random violence on the street, you never know when or where it's going to happen.

Back in the '80's some friends all went over to our buds house for a few beers and to watch a movie. We heard someone kick open his garage door. So he stepped into his bedroom, came out with his and 4 more handguns (remember rule 1b of a gunfight). I was in a non-CCW state at the time, and suddenly there was a threat and I found myself holding a Ruger P90.

Before that happened, I couldn't even dream something like that up. Chit happens.

Awesome. Truly, awesome.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by RJM

There are no dress rehearsals in a gunfight...you get it right the first time or you loose...

Bob

You could get lucky! smile

Sometimes "Lucky" is better than "skilled/good/proficient, etc...".

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Two items. One:Carry locked and loaded. I MOSTLY carry a revolver. Two: Gunner can back me up on this. I can draw and fire on you if you are within 3' of me before you could do a damn thing. I think Gunner can pretty near do it by now too. FROM HOLSTERED!

Who the hell is gonna try to do a damn thing within 3 feet of Gunner? grin

How big is this man? I keep reading about him we need a pic! I've seen Eviltwin in person how about a side by side!

Mike

LOL Tex, and 6'2" 260 aint that big ROTR, it's always the 'crazy' level of the dog, not the size. smile

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn Weed, I should have never posted that pic online. blush lmao

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Gunner and me
[Linked Image]

There we are, fun times brudda Jim. wink

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hah! the saying goes it takes a big man to carry a big stick!

Coupla' questions:
1. Where'd you 2 steal the 2 beautiful irons?
2. Second question.. who'd gunner roll for the nice leather?

Last edited by local_dirt; 03/14/15.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Dang Gunner...your hand swallows that Coke can. Geeze. Can you hide a basketball in one of your big mits?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think there are lessons here, but it has little to do with whether you carry a gun with a round chambered or not.

1. My first knife fighting/defense instructor was a young ex-SF guy who had seen enough and become a private citizen. He had a lot of real word experience and the visible scars to show for it. He taught and practiced Aikido ("becuase in a fight the last thing I want to do is stand on one leg while I try to kick somebody!"), which is where I met him. He told us that the first thing to know about knife fighting is that it is more nasty than you can even imagine and you should avoid it at all costs. The second thing is that if you get into a knife fight, you are going to get cut. Get used to the idea now. You will get cut. So, going for your gun may not be the best thing to do when someone is coming after you with a knife. It might be better to put some distance and some obstacles between you and him. That might give you some time to deploy your weapon. And you will likely still get cut.

2. Having a gun, even if you are really good with it, is not a magical formula for surviving violent encounters with determined and ruthless people. The gun is a force multiplier for sure if you can deploy it. It potentially gives you an edge that might make the difference. We used to be asked this all the time as martial arts instructors: "So, you're a black belt which means you can kick anybody's ass, right?" Wrong. If you know how to fight it just gives you the tools to make the choice to fight. Same thing with a gun. It doesn't mean you will always win. There are guys out there who have spent the last 10 years in a prison where they took and dished out more pain before breakfast than you have in your entire life.

Just my thoughts.

"You cannot miss fast enough to win."-- Ross Seyfried
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Hah! the saying goes it takes a big man to carry a big stick!

Coupla' questions:
1. Where'd you 2 steal the 2 beautiful irons?
2. Second question.. who'd gunner roll for the nice leather?

LOL, the rifle in my hand in a 303 British double rifle I bought a few years back, ET is holding his new at the time 44-90 Shiloh Sharps rifle, the leather is a 40 round 'culling belt' for the 303, I had it made right here by the Oklahoma Leather Co. smile

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Dang Gunner...your hand swallows that Coke can. Geeze. Can you hide a basketball in one of your big mits?

That be a custom diet coke spittoon I grabbed outta the trash, I had a nervous grip on that can, didn't know if the Old War Dog ET was gonna elbow me in the guts fer puttin my arm across his shoulders for the pic. grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Chinook
I think there are lessons here, but it has little to do with whether you carry a gun with a round chambered or not.

1. My first knife fighting/defense instructor was a young ex-SF guy who had seen enough and become a private citizen. He had a lot of real word experience and the visible scars to show for it. He taught and practiced Aikido ("becuase in a fight the last thing I want to do is stand on one leg while I try to kick somebody!"), which is where I met him. He told us that the first thing to know about knife fighting is that it is more nasty than you can even imagine and you should avoid it at all costs. The second thing is that if you get into a knife fight, you are going to get cut. Get used to the idea now. You will get cut. So, going for your gun may not be the best thing to do when someone is coming after you with a knife. It might be better to put some distance and some obstacles between you and him. That might give you some time to deploy your weapon. And you will likely still get cut.

2. Having a gun, even if you are really good with it, is not a magical formula for surviving violent encounters with determined and ruthless people. The gun is a force multiplier for sure if you can deploy it. It potentially gives you an edge that might make the difference. We used to be asked this all the time as martial arts instructors: "So, you're a black belt which means you can kick anybody's ass, right?" Wrong. If you know how to fight it just gives you the tools to make the choice to fight. Same thing with a gun. It doesn't mean you will always win. There are guys out there who have spent the last 10 years in a prison where they took and dished out more pain before breakfast than you have in your entire life.

Just my thoughts.

I'd disagree that the lessons don't have anything to do with the state of your carry gun, but points 1 and 2 are very good.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
A good book to read is No Second Place Winner by Bill Jordan.
He was a Border Patrol Agent and big proponent of the Smith and Wesson Combat Magnum (Model 19).
He advised picking something and sticking with it, rather than switching back and forth between a revolver and a semi-auto.
So pick a 4" Model 19 and then forget about semi-autos and maybe you can win your next knifefight.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The first shot out of a revolver is just as fast as the first shot out of an automatic.
Faster if the auto had an empty chamber.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Well I like to be able to pick up any pistol and be able to bring it into action immediately. Just like the random violence on the street, you never know when or where it's going to happen.

Back in the '80's some friends all went over to our buds house for a few beers and to watch a movie. We heard someone kick open his garage door. So he stepped into his bedroom, came out with his and 4 more handguns (remember rule 1b of a gunfight). I was in a non-CCW state at the time, and suddenly there was a threat and I found myself holding a Ruger P90.

Before that happened, I couldn't even dream something like that up. Chit happens.

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (160user, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,293 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,842
Posts18,496,856
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.