-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Maybe it's time for Christians to focus on what we have in common and let God sort out the rest. It is no witness for Christ to tear one another apart because we don't interpret every scripture in the bible in the same way.

There is coming a day when we won't care about what denomination someone is, or whether they are Protestant or Catholic. We will be standing together as renewed Christians in these last days, and as persecution for Christians becomes more and more a reality in our own country. The sifting of the wheat is taking place [Matthew 3].

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Faith of our Fathers! We will love
Both friend and foe in all our strife —
And preach Thee too, as love knows how,
By kindly words and virtuous life.

Faith of our Fathers, holy faith —
We will be true to thee …

— 'til we log-in to “Hunter's Campfire.”

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by RickyD
"God can not be put in a box."

Nor a book.
The road map to Him can be and is. Some also happen to be capable of reading sign or asking for directions. Others are afraid to make the trip.

But it is the sort of map which is useless without a Guide. Good thing He provided one.
Yes it is and He did, but that Guide is as Gentleman, when ignored or asked to leave. Makes many believe He never conversed, though it's not hard for such to believe what they want. In fact, for the sake of their faith, it's essential.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

Maybe it's time for Christians to focus on what we have in common and let God sort out the rest. It is no witness for Christ to tear one another apart because we don't interpret every scripture in the bible in the same way.

There is coming a day when we won't care about what denomination someone is, or whether they are Protestant or Catholic. We will be standing together as renewed Christians in these last days, and as persecution for Christians becomes more and more a reality in our own country. The sifting of the wheat is taking place [Matthew 3].
Most excellent post. Quite true and quite sad in some aspects but exceeding joy in the aspects that should be the focus.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Faith of our Fathers! We will love
Both friend and foe in all our strife —
And preach Thee too, as love knows how,
By kindly words and virtuous life.

Faith of our Fathers, holy faith —
We will be true to thee …

— 'til we log-in to “Hunter's Campfire.”

Yep.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
krp,

Does Christ personally baptize?

If you apply the Words of the New Testament to us today, you find your answer here.
Matthew 3:11
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."

I think the third book in John, covers this much better. Misinterpretation of what is so obviously being said, is a sidestep you always make over that cliff of dogma.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? 13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Baptizing with water is an external expression of an internal reality: baptism in the Spirit of God. It is a demonstration (work)of faith, presented as much or more for non-believers, as it is for believers. It is a very good thing to do, but not essential for salvation.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Baptizing with water is an external expression of an internal reality: baptism in the Spirit of God. It is a demonstration (work)of faith, presented as much or more for non-believers, as it is for believers. It is a very good thing to do, but not essential for salvation.

Nailed it!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Scott F

Nailed it!
Thanks. As do you.

Believing 101, but a high hurdle for the legally inclined.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RickyD,

It is a demonstration (work)of faith, presented as much or more for non-believers, as it is for believers.

Where were the non-believers Acts Ten? How 'bout Acts 16 when the jailer and his family were baptized in the middle of the night?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
RickyD,

It is a demonstration (work)of faith, presented as much or more for non-believers, as it is for believers.

Where were the non-believers Acts Ten? How 'bout Acts 16 when the jailer and his family were baptized in the middle of the night?

See also: bibliolatry, bibliolatrist, n. —bibliolatrous, adj.
/bib'lee ol"euh tree/, n.
excessive reverence for the Bible as literally interpreted.
[1755–65; BIBLIO- + -LATRY]

(Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary)

— id est, undue regard for the Bible itself — especially as privately interpreted.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RickyD,

If I remember correctly you posted Scripture in an earlier post to support your position. Did I make a mistake there?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
RickyD,

If I remember correctly you posted Scripture in an earlier post to support your position. Did I make a mistake there?
Mistakes and you are likely, when considering the meaning of scripture.

Have you determined out if Jesus baptized anyone yet? Don't take on too much. Work on that for a while. We'll wait.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Nailed it!
Thanks. As do you.

I thought that question was answered earlier by my post re baptism by fire. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sorry Friend, I didn't see that post. It likely was. smile

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Nailed it!

Water baptism, like the wafer and wine, are ACTIONS which appeal to our sensible and emotional parts, they do not affect the Spiritual part of us. Because the baptism of the Spirit takes place internally, doubt as to it's Source and efficacy will plague us at times, especially when our intellect remains unsatisfied. Rattler hinted at that in an earlier post on this thread.

But.... no one can alter the fact that at a certain time, in front of at least one witness, we performed an action which duplicates externally what happened internally. Remembering that action can help cast out doubt.

The taking of Communion serves the same purpose. It is an ACTION which serves as a reminder that we are not as we once were.

Just as some benefit from organized fellowship with like minded believers, there are others - depending on their personality type, I think - who are not drawn to the sacraments or church membership.

They are not lesser or greater. They are not even different in God's eyes, I believe.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Sorry Friend, I didn't see that post. It likely was. smile

You covered it much better, whereas i thought i had given an adequate clue. Since you spelled it out there should be no doubt. grin

However, i suppose if one believes they will go to hell for not taking the dive, there is also scripture telling them to do so, whether He commanded it or not. One mans meat....

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Nailed it!

Water baptism, like the wafer and wine, are ACTIONS which appeal to our sensible and emotional parts, they do not affect the Spiritual part of us. Because the baptism of the Spirit takes place internally, doubt as to it's Source and efficacy will plague us at times, especially when our intellect remains unsatisfied. Rattler hinted at that in an earlier post on this thread.

But.... no one can alter the fact that at a certain time, in front of at least one witness, we performed an action which duplicates externally what happened internally. Remembering that action can help cast out doubt.

The taking of Communion serves the same purpose. It is an ACTION which serves as a reminder that we are not as we once were.

Just as some benefit from organized fellowship with like minded believers, there are others - depending on their personality type, I think - who are not drawn to the sacraments or church membership.

They are not lesser or greater. They are not even different in God's eyes, I believe.

For how many centuries did he Catholic Church claim children went to Purgatory if they died before their water Baptism?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I dont know, AS. 2 or 3 million? I think its what He says that matters, not vain and fallacious men.

But of course, you prefer to castigate Him for the shortcomings of sinful men. Well, you just thrash Him twice to make sure He pays the price for allowing men to live who are not nice. smile

Last edited by eyeball; 03/22/15.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by eyeball
I dont know, AS. 2 or 3 million? I think its what He says that matters, not vain and fallacious men.

But of course, you prefer to castigate Him for the shortcomings of sinful men. Well, you just thrash Him twice to make sure He pays the price for allowing men to live who are not nice. smile

I didn't mention God in my above post. I just demonstrated how some of the opinions posted here where at variance with long held Church teaching, and the early teachings are at variance with the current Church teachings. Of course those teaching were some men's interpretation of God's word, much like those here who claim to know the will of God. This all just goes to beg the question, What do you really know about his will?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/22/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"For how many centuries did he Catholic Church claim children went to Purgatory if they died before their water Baptism?"

I wouldn't know. You COULD ask a Catholic, but all of 'em that I know would tell you it just ain't so, regardless of what their church said about it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

377 members (12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,497
Posts18,490,467
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.