Campfire Kahuna
Cute but pointless and evasive.

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted By Bigbuck215
Originally Posted By CCCC
Just how does a person properly use "Scripture" (heavy material) and how does one know that he is doing so properly?

You ask Ringman. whistle

Is he actually that delusional to think that was a compliment?

Yes. I take people at their word. Jesus says, "From the abundance of the heart we speak." Or in this case post.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I was going for 'cute'.

I hit my mark.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by carbon12

I was going for 'cute'.

I hit my mark.

On that we have found agreement my friend. smile

LOL
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
krp,

Not that he thought 300 years later his letters would be canonized as God's word.

This is the kind of statement you make and believe when you don't spend time in God's Word. Apostle Paul realized he was writing God's Word. If you want me to add to this One Scripture for your edification, I will. This is why he wrote different things to different churches. He was writing to encourage each one with God's Word.

1 Thessalonians 2:13

"For this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received the Word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the Word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe."

Everyday Hunter
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Is God's word limited to writings?

Kent

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Originally Posted by RickyD
Personally, I believe all scripture is given by God and is profitable to the hearer, which also means I like to read my Bible aloud, unless I'm stand hunting.

I've noticed, for a long time, that if I have encountered an issue in working through a problem at work or home, if I start describing the problem to another, those audible words sort the thing out for me and provide the solution. I can't say how often that has been true, because it's been a lot of times.

Similarly, I believe reading the Bible out loud does the same thing for understanding.

I can't ever recall reading a passage and thinking, it didn't belong in the Bible. I appreciate Thomas Jefferson for the smart man he was, but believe the Jefferson Bible shows all men have fallacies.

I also believe everything the Holy Spirit will lead us in, can be backed up in the Bible. If it's extra-Biblical, it may be from a spirit, but not a Holy one.

I can agree with this 100%

yep.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Of course not.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

John 1:1-4, 14
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
What was God's word to those who had no writings?

Kent

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Of course not.

Then why did you make THIS comment to me?

"You're giving me the impression you don't read your Bible much or at all. No way for me to know other than your outward appearance. Fruit."

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ringworm
[Linked Image]

Kind of like a dad telling his son to love and honor him or dont show up for the reading of the will, huh? Weird.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Of course not.

"You're giving me the impression you don't read your Bible much or at all. No way for me to know other than your outward appearance. Fruit."

I made that statement to you because you're evasive when asked if you read your bible. Maybe you do, maybe you don't, I'm just telling you what it looks like. No skin off my butt either way. But I will tell you this, I won't argue with you over nothing. This whole thread is foolishness.

LOL
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by eyeball
[Linked Image]

Kind of like a dad telling his son to love and honor him or dont show up for the reading of the will, huh? Weird.

Actually no, not even close to that.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
In what way not? Xx

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Of course not.

I made that statement to you because you're evasive when asked if you read your bible. Maybe you do, maybe you don't, I'm just telling you what it looks like. No skin off my butt either way. But I will tell you this, I won't argue with you over nothing. This whole thread is foolishness.

This is the second paragraph in my O P....... did you miss it?

"Christians are not well positioned to defend Christianity if they can't first defend the existence of a Supreme Being who remains interested in His Creation. Citing Bible verses does NOTHING toward that end."

I offered up a philosophical thread for discussion. You and Ringman inundated it with bible verses, often out of context, and seldom with any commentary.

And NOW, you decide it is foolish?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by eyeball
[Linked Image]

More like Dad building a torture chamber in his basement and dousing his kid in gasoline, and setting a match to them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I offered up a philosophical thread for discussion. You and Ringman inundated it with bible verses, often out of context, and seldom with any commentary.

And NOW, you decide it is foolish?

Yep, the Bible does a good job of disproving itself, but does nothing to prove itself.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/23/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What was God's word to those who had no writings?

You try to put God in a man made box. You forget you are finite and God is Infinite.

Romans 1:19-23

"that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures."

Everyday Hunter
Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (219DW, 1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 55 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,794
Posts18,496,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.