Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Lot's of good advice FB, mine is to get a good lawyer, hide all your sheit, and tell her to get her sheit and get the phugg out. Once they say they're done, there ain't no turning things around. Good luck my friend.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Hey Pard sorry to hear about this! hope it will work out for you but it doesnt sound good. Iv been thru it, if she wants out then pretty sure its over. Take some advice here and think about your self, be a man, no good to beg or fight, sometimes we just have to move on. Take care friend!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Fireball, I just saw this and was immediately struck by a couple things. First, that your marriage breakup news is about the 5th or 6th such story that's been put up for public consumption here on the 'Fire in the past year, and second, that even though you've been around here long enough to have read the reams of very good advice on those threads, you've posted yet another thread.

Here's a short list of the best advice that's been offered here before, in order of priority:

1. DO NOT write another word about this on the 'Fire, or on any other internet site. Don't write emails, PM's, or anything else about it.
2. Protect your most valuable assets NOW. Don't wait til you get home from work tonight. Clock out, go home, get your stuff out of the house and somewhere safe.
3. Retain a lawyer TODAY and get his/her best advice on what you should do now, then follow that advice immediately and to the letter.
4. DO NOT capitulate to your soon-to-be-ex-wife's manipulations. Your lawyer can probably advise you on what specific ploys to expect and avoid.

Only after you've taken care of the above items should you look to find the spiritual/emotional support you feel you need so badly right now. You won't give a rat's ass for emotional support if she cleans out your bank accounts while you're praying with your pastor.

You are living in a very dangerous time right now. Keep your head.

Good luck, and I'll pray for you.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Fireball, I just saw this and was immediately struck by a couple things. First, that your marriage breakup news is about the 5th or 6th such story that's been put up for public consumption here on the 'Fire in the past year, and second, that even though you've been around here long enough to have read the reams of very good advice on those threads, you've posted yet another thread.

Here's a short list of the best advice that's been offered here before, in order of priority:

1. DO NOT write another word about this on the 'Fire, or on any other internet site. Don't write emails, PM's, or anything else about it.
2. Protect your most valuable assets NOW. Don't wait til you get home from work tonight. Clock out, go home, get your stuff out of the house and somewhere safe.
3. Retain a lawyer TODAY and get his/her best advice on what you should do now, then follow that advice immediately and to the letter.
4. DO NOT capitulate to your soon-to-be-ex-wife's manipulations. Your lawyer can probably advise you on what specific ploys to expect and avoid.

Only after you've taken care of the above items should you look to find the spiritual/emotional support you feel you need so badly right now. You won't give a rat's ass for emotional support if she cleans out your bank accounts while you're praying with your pastor.

This. End of story.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+2

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Absolutely. Having gone through not one but two divorces I can tell you that stuff can happen.

Bare your hurting soul all you want on the 'fire but breathe not a word of acrimony toward her or speak of your plans, legal and otherwise. It will come back to haunt you old friend.

Once the "walkout" occurs it's usually too late to do anything about it. Cry it out of your system and then get down to work. (If it were me I would have gotten my guns and valuables of yours that can be construed as being community property out of the house and the money deposits secured before she made it ten miles down the road. If the lawyers agree, or the courts order, to dispose of that stuff and split the proceeds- so be it. Just don't give her the opportunity to take it on herself to do it. I know you can't see that through the pain clouding your vision right now, but I have known women who did that who were considered to be the most loving caring souls alive- right up until it happened.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Roy,
You have gotten some excellent advice here by individuals who have been through what you are going through right now. Listen to them.
I have never been through this so I am not going to even try to give you advice. What I will do is keep you in my prayers and ask the Lord to give you strength, wisdom, peace, and comfort. He will never abandon you and will be with you to guide you. He never closes one door without opening another. Peace be with you

To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will. Ronald Regan.

NRA Life Member, US Army Veteran

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Plan A.) Watch Fireproof.

Plan B.) Play Alice Cooper's "No Mr. Nice Guy" on your 8 track as you commence to whippin' her ass.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Praying for you, it is work sometimes but when I am frustrated to no end I remember how imperfect I am and how many gave forgiven me and I eat my pride and make her happy. I an pretty easy going so maybe not as quick to anger but I don't give up easy.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gremcat
Praying for you, it is work sometimes but when I am frustrated to no end I remember how imperfect I am and how many gave forgiven me and I eat my pride and make her happy. I an pretty easy going so maybe not as quick to anger but I don't give up easy.

Fugg yeah! Strap on that vagina and prove once and for all who isn't in charge!

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Great.

Last edited by Fireball2; 04/13/15.

LOL
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by gremcat

Fugg yeah! Strap on that vagina and prove once and for all who isn't in charge!

Travis

Classic . . . . . . . . Laffin my ass off

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sorry for your malaise, Fireball. Ain't easy for sure.

Reminds me of a fella I saw with head down on a bar, sobbing. Overheard a gent ask him what was the matter, no reply and finally said his wife had run off with a black guy. DAYUUM! The sobber came to his sense somewhat, sat erect and said that it was his fault, actually, and that he never should have married that black biotch to begin with.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
this is very entertaining, the wife left for a drive so she wouldn't say anything she regretted. Maybe the wife got tired of the husband complaining of him not being the center the attention, of her accent and her culture, and her parents (which by the way live half a world away and are rarely welcome to come visit) the wife works 10 and half hour days, drives two hours for work and still has to come home cook, clean and make sure she is in bed by eight 30 because her husband says he needs the sleep. yes also the other complain is that she wakes him up in the morning when she has to get up at 5 am to do it all over again. yes, also the three kids, yes she should be grateful that he took her in with three kids, especially when she solely supports them and has to attend every school event by herself because the husband is too stuck in the computer for hours on end visiting with his forum friends that do not care if lives or dies. bipolar, that was the last diagnoses for the second wife. respectfully a hard working woman that is fed up. thank you

Wtf?

I'm out.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by calikooknic
I'll second RHC, you can't force her to be happy. If she is really doing it, get a lawyer and get prepared. Take the high road and be the better person.

It's all you got left when their minds are closed.

The problem is, you cant force her to realize you dont have the power to make her happy, and she expects you to. Its your fault wheather you do as she demands and it doesnt make her happy Or if you dont and it doesnt make her happy. There is no way it would be her fault.

This is no more than a sign of the times, FB. Good will becomr evil and evil good. That happens because of Satans effectS on the human mind. You are but one of many who expect a "Christian" to count their blessings and accept the Lords word that they have much more than they deserve.

You hsve seen it here on the Fire over and over again And it is happening as we speak to other fire members who havent posted about it.

Did you promise her a rose garden, or to love her forever? Well, now you know how much your love and devotion means to a modern "Christian" woman.

Take care and God bless.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Oboy...hey, better to not post everything that's running through your mind. You're flying the outer envelope. Better to take care of yourself. Get thee with some friends. Then start fresh tomarrow after a little rest.

Last edited by Wyogal; 04/13/15.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
this is very entertaining, the wife left for a drive so she wouldn't say anything she regretted. Maybe the wife got tired of the husband complaining of him not being the center the attention, of her accent and her culture, and her parents (which by the way live half a world away and are rarely welcome to come visit) the wife works 10 and half hour days, drives two hours for work and still has to come home cook, clean and make sure she is in bed by eight 30 because her husband says he needs the sleep. yes also the other complain is that she wakes him up in the morning when she has to get up at 5 am to do it all over again. yes, also the three kids, yes she should be grateful that he took her in with three kids, especially when she solely supports them and has to attend every school event by herself because the husband is too stuck in the computer for hours on end visiting with his forum friends that do not care if lives or dies. bipolar, that was the last diagnoses for the second wife. respectfully a hard working woman that is fed up. thank you

So this is your THIRD wife???

Also, lets just look at something basic. You refer to her as "the wife", not "my wife".... the wife got tired of the husband. No sense of closeness there...

She does 12 1/2 hour days but "should be grateful you took her in"?

the wife got tired of the husband In the OP, I seems you are trying to solve her problems when she just want's someone to listen.

My wife has a few idiosyncrasy's, and so long as I take care of them (even though they make absolutely no sense to me), it's pretty easy to keep her happy. For wife number 4, you may wish to spend a little more time figuring out what exactly makes her tick, and then apply yourself a little bit to what makes HER happy. Chances are she's been sending you signals for the past few years as you just haven't been receiving them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You'll feel better if you let it all out.

Most therapists would tell you not to hold back at this point.

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

You'll feel better if you let it all out.

Most therapists would tell you not to hold back at this point.

Dave

My wife wrote this. Go figure. Wonder if she read the part where I said she was a great woman, but has some hurts? No. I doubt it.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Oboy...hey, better to not post everything that's running through your mind. You're flying the outer envelope. Better to take care of yourself. Get thee with some friends. Then start fresh tomarrow after a little rest.

I didn't write that. My wife did.

LOL
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,303
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.