Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
This was going to happen sooner or later, I just felt it. I run a youth shooting club here in pa for 87 youths ages 6 through 16. Well the other day I caught one of the youth stealing 22 ammo. It was not a lot but it was stealing.
After sitting him down and talking to him he told me his dad put him up to it. Have no clue why a parent would tell the kids to steal for them. Its not the ammo it's what how it happen that pisses me off. If the dad wanted 22's for at home all he had to do is ask and I would have sold it to him.
The club is free to join, they get to shoot inside my 100 yard pole build that I built for my own shooting needs. I charge $5.00 each time for them to shoot 100 rounds which I think is fair as the price of 22's now days. Then have concrete pads to shoot off of and also 3 benches. Have 5 over sized 22 traps that I had my son make and weld out of 1/2" steel.
The question is what should I do with this kid. He never gave me any problems in the past that I know of, he might have been stealing from me for some time now I dont know. Should I leave him continue to shoot and watch his closely or just kick him out?
I started this 5 years ago to give kids something to do other than playing video games, and doing thing they shouldn't be doing, like one of my shooters just the other day got caught and arrested with 10 pounds of weed. I'm at a rock and a hard place here.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Actions have consequences. How old is the kid, difference between a 6 year old kid and a 16 year old kid?

That said, I'd be inclined to talk to his dad to see what he has to say.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I tell my son to do the same.

Likelihood of prosecution is minimal.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I think you should call the dad in for a talk and see how acts. If he is hostile than ban the dad. I would give the kid a suspension to teach him that stealing is wrong and against the law. But you don't want to push the kid away completely. If the dad acts reasonable and admits his guilt I would suspend him for awhile and then allow him to come back. I would sure want to know why he thought it was okay to steal from you, when you are helping the kids and giving so much to them. Good luck.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If the boy's dad is that big of a turd, than the kid probably needs all the help he can get.

I think I'd let the kid continue after having a word with his dad and watch them both.

Good on you for starting the club. I hope you continue.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
IC B2

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
I have talked to the dad, he didn't say a word when his son ratted him out, just grabbed his son up and left. The boy is 11. His parents aren't model parents, dad was in jail for beating the mom up, DUI 3 times and who knows what else. This is why I started the club for kids had a place to come and learn to shoot, hang out with others, and most of all stay out of trouble.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Just curious do you have an inventory procedure? 100 rds per paying customer wouldn't be hard to keep track of purchases vs stock. Not dissing your system just curious.

I applaud you and your efforts to keep shooting sports an option for our youth and future leaders. Thank you.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Cream rises to the top and $hit sinks to the bottom.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I believe that actions have consequences. Sometimes, you can say "I'm calling your parents" and it works.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to be that way in this case...maybe he's lying to you, in which case GOODBYE.

However, how will you know if he's lying to you? If the father is willing to send his kid to steal from you, I'd be willing to bet he's scumbag enough to make sure his kid takes the fall and lie to you.

Long ban, and have to earn his way back in...with restrictions until he can prove they are not necessary (a time which is completely up to you, of course).

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
The dad is not much of a dad. The kid probably needs all the help he can get and a positive role model and father figure. I would help the kid and give him a break. He has a tough life and the odds are against him. The dad would never step foot in again unless it was a special event.

IC B3

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gemby58
I have talked to the dad, he didn't say a word when his son ratted him out, just grabbed his son up and left. The boy is 11. His parents aren't model parents, dad was in jail for beating the mom up, DUI 3 times and who knows what else. This is why I started the club for kids had a place to come and learn to shoot, hang out with others, and most of all stay out of trouble.

Did they leave by car or walk home?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Have him prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

Cream rises to the top and $hit sinks to the bottom.

I agree.

He's never been caught.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gemby58

I'm liking this family more by the minute.

Travis

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Just curious do you have an inventory procedure? 100 rds per paying customer wouldn't be hard to keep track of purchases vs stock. Not dissing your system just curious.

I applaud you and your efforts to keep shooting sports an option for our youth and future leaders. Thank you.

Going to change the procedures now, before they went and dropped $5.00 in the ammo can and got 2 boxes of 22's. Never in the 5 years I been running this did I come up short, no one stole money or ammo. Running a club this size with me and 2 of my buddies it's hard to keep track of that many kids when they aren't on the shooing line. Might just have to bring a few more friends on board.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Travis

Hope you taught him to fall on his own damn sword and not rat you out like the punk did to his old man in this tale.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by add
Hope you taught him to fall on his own damn sword and not rat you out like the punk did to his old man in this tale.

I have a placard over the fireplace that reads "Snitches lie in Ditches."

Travis

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Word.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by add

I have a placard over the fireplace that reads "Snitches lie in Ditches."

Travis

If you don't mind me sayin'....clever sarcasm is a trait few can master....if you ain't the best at it here then I don't know who the heck is.....carry on.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ringworm
Have him prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

prosecute who?, dad or son? Dad will say he never said for his son to steal them. It will be he said she said.
I do believe the boy, he seems like a good kid.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 56 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,811
Posts18,496,425
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.