Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by add
Hope you taught him to fall on his own damn sword and not rat you out like the punk did to his old man in this tale.

I have a placard over the fireplace that reads "Snitches lie in Ditches."

Travis

Lay

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Harry M

If you don't mind me sayin'....clever sarcasm is a trait few can master....if you ain't the best at it here then I don't know who the heck is.....carry on.

I never mind being the topic of conversation.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by add
Hope you taught him to fall on his own damn sword and not rat you out like the punk did to his old man in this tale.

Travis

Lay

GFY

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Laid

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If the kid shows up again, the left black eye is for getting caught, the right blue eye is for snitching and the split lip is just for cause.

IC B2

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by gemby58
I have talked to the dad, he didn't say a word when his son ratted him out, just grabbed his son up and left. The boy is 11. His parents aren't model parents, dad was in jail for beating the mom up, DUI 3 times and who knows what else. This is why I started the club for kids had a place to come and learn to shoot, hang out with others, and most of all stay out of trouble.

Did they leave by car or walk home?

they have a car, would be a heck of a walk where I live

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
You said he seemed to be a good kid, with bad parents. No one gets to chose their parents, so I would tend to be a little more lenient with the kid. Actually, I would probably try to spend more time with him, as he obviously needs a good role model or two in his life.

Also, here is the basic question. What would you do if it had been your son? That pretty much answers what you need to do now.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by nathanial
If the kid shows up again, the left black eye is for getting caught, the right blue eye is for snitching and the split lip is just for cause.

If that would happen to the kid, then I would get the police involved for sure. We will see if next Wednesday night if they show up, I know dad wont as I told him he was not allowed on my land, I will have him arrested for sure. its just a shame that it had to come to this. One azzhole and spoil the whole bunch.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
you are more tolerant than me. I don't think i would let "any" troubled youth around firearms. The risks are too great, and the liability is something you should consider.
a thief is a thief is a thief. Doesn't work for me.
As to the sperm donor, that doesn't work either.
You remind me in this story of a good friend of mine now deceased active in the big brothers program.
He mentored this little turd for a number of years, did everything he could to show the kid a better way. Didn't work.
Don't want to say it always doesn't work, but the odds are against one.
I would question how you could ever trust that kid again?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
No other advice, but I give you props for
what you and your buddies are doing for the kids.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Personally, I would ban him. Others should see the consequences of his actions.

Your kindness is being taken advantage of.

Respects,
Richard

Cat, the other white meat!
G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by travelingman1
You said he seemed to be a good kid, with bad parents. No one gets to chose their parents, so I would tend to be a little more lenient with the kid. Actually, I would probably try to spend more time with him, as he obviously needs a good role model or two in his life.

Also, here is the basic question. What would you do if it had been your son? That pretty much answers what you need to do now.

I would never tell my son to steal from anyone else. If found out he did, lets just say he wont be doing anything fun for a long time.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
when i was in i think first grade another kid and i thought it was great fun to steal candy from a local drug store. I didn't know there was see through one way glass upstairs. I found out. One day i walked out pockets full of candy and my dad asked me what i was doing. He had been up top with the owner. Got caught red handed. I got a pretty good butt spanking right there IN the drug store with people watching, branded as a criminal, and had my butt kicked down the main street in prescott. I also had to apologize to the owner of the store. Thus my short life of crime. Crime has consequences.
Like the time i shot a songbird with a bb gun and was banned from ALL guns for about a year.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
gemby,

How sure are you that the kid wasn't lying when he ratted on his dad?
Any chance he was just trying to pass the blame for something that was entirely his own doing?

If the kid was really telling the truth, I would try to cut him some slack and let him participate with a little extra personal attention.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Travis

The correct quote is, 'snitches get stitches and end up in ditches'. Stop half steppin', yo.

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by speedsixman
gemby,

Any chance he was just trying to pass the blame for something that was entirely his own doing?

If the kid was really telling the truth, I would try to cut him some slack and let him participate with a little extra personal attention.

Myron

Myron judging from the the way the dad acted by saying nothing and grabbing his kid and just leaving, I would say 110% the kid called it right and put the blame where the blame needed to be. He didn't even try to defend himself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gemby, it's a pretty neat thing you're doing with those kids and it's a shame someone put a wart on things.

Agreed that the lack of denial or argument from the father doesn't speak well for his innocence, IMO.

My initial urge was to recommend you ban the kid outright as trust is a huge part of having the privilege to shoot, but when you describe the kid's home life and parents a bit more, I'm inclined to cut him some slack. Have you considered pulling the kid aside next time he's around and asking him what he thought was an appropriate action for you to take?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
I did ban the dad to ever stepping on my land, that being said if he want to be the azz he is and not let his son to continue to shoot then so be it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by speedsixman
gemby,

Myron

Myron judging from the the way the dad acted by saying nothing and grabbing his kid and just leaving, I would say 110% the kid called it right and put the blame where the blame needed to be.

He didn't even try to defend himself.

Why would he, when you've already accused him and told him not to come back?

You wouldn't have believed him anyway

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Had a talk with the mother of the boy at Lowes today. First she learned about this. I told her his son is still welcome but she needs to be there the whole time keeping a eye on him at all times. I think the dad is just a dirt ball, hard to take it out on the kid.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,475
Posts18,471,521
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.