Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by T LEE
All valid points and good advice. I have had folks tell me I was carrying useless "mouse gun" more than once, my stock answer was always "OK, can I shoot you with it right now?". They always answered with an emphatic NO!

Funny that eh?

Yeah, but at least you don't carry a .25ACP.

I did for a LONG time and still have it, a Colt 1903 "Vest Pocket" .25. Been known to drag it along as a BUG to my J frame a time or two to this day.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
a number of years ago my wife and i were doing a lot of hiking in the phoenix mt parks system. Up a trail that not far away they had found at different times two decapitated women's bodies. It's a 115 in july in arizona, shorts and tshirt are pretty normal, and hard to stuff a gun someplace. And my wife hiked by herself sometimes. So we bought a bra gun. A little beretta .22 semiauto that fits right in there between the hooters. Couldn't tell it was there. My comment was seven rounds right in the face, throw the gun at them, and run like all get out. They probably aren't gonna follow you. Never had reason to use it, but it was better than a sharp stick. You couldn't tell she had it, didn't print, and i would like to see the average lawdog say i want to search your bra. Course it was legal with a ccw anyway.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
t lee
i have that baby browning 1903. Took me probably an hour first time i tried to take it apart.
There is nothing new to this. I should post a couple of pictures of some cap and ball single shooters the size of those north american .22's or smaller. Made for a vest pocket.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
7) Holsters matter, and belts matter more. A good holster makes carry easy. A great holster makes carry comfortable. A poor belt renders even the best holster nearly worthless. Money spent on these two items is money very well spent.

OK, maybe this didn't quite deserve to be number 1 on the list, but I'd have to rate it in the top 3.

It bears repeating.

HOLSTERS MATTER AND BELTS MATTER MORE.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep they are pretty neat, start another thread and post away.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
7) Holsters matter, and belts matter more. A good holster makes carry easy. A great holster makes carry comfortable. A poor belt renders even the best holster nearly worthless. Money spent on these two items is money very well spent.

OK, maybe this didn't quite deserve to be number 1 on the list, but I'd have to rate it in the top 3.

It bears repeating.

HOLSTERS MATTER AND BELTS MATTER MORE.

Yeah, I had that thought.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by T LEE
All valid points and good advice. I have had folks tell me I was carrying useless "mouse gun" more than once, my stock answer was always "OK, can I shoot you with it right now?". They always answered with an emphatic NO!

Funny that eh?

Yeah, but at least you don't carry a .25ACP.

James Bond carried a .25 in the early days ... wink

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Great post...I've got 45+ years in and as having done 30 in LE only disagree with:

6) Ammunition matters. The bullet is what does the dirty work. Choose well. For me, I've found a very easy way to choose is to check with local LEOs carry. There are generally a couple or more local agencies (sheriff's offices, town/city PDs, state police), so you have a few choices. You're hard pressed to choose poorly if you find one of those loads that works reliably in your pistol.

Most LE agencies don't carry "the best", most of the time it is "low bid" from a list that someone in a lab coat says is the best. Whatever your stopping power theory is, find your own "best".

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I believe this is overall pretty darned good advice.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
a number of years ago my wife and i were doing a lot of hiking in the phoenix mt parks system. Up a trail that not far away they had found at different times two decapitated women's bodies. It's a 115 in july in arizona, shorts and tshirt are pretty normal, and hard to stuff a gun someplace. And my wife hiked by herself sometimes. So we bought a bra gun. A little beretta .22 semiauto that fits right in there between the hooters. Couldn't tell it was there. My comment was seven rounds right in the face, throw the gun at them, and run like all get out. They probably aren't gonna follow you. Never had reason to use it, but it was better than a sharp stick. You couldn't tell she had it, didn't print, and i would like to see the average lawdog say i want to search your bra. Course it was legal with a ccw anyway.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but what size hooters are we talking here? Does it take a pretty big set to properly conceal a bra gun? Been trying to get the wife to carry sometimes, haven't tried out that method yet.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pix or it didn't happen Ron! blush shocked

just joshin ya, no insult intended towards your bride wink

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'laskans...

:-)

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NMiller

Not to put too fine a point on it, but what size hooters are we talking here? Does it take a pretty big set to properly conceal a bra gun? Been trying to get the wife to carry sometimes, haven't tried out that method yet.

We'll need photographic evidence, please smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Good post. I have found that first you must make the determination that you will carry every day and follow through. As you said, if it is not on you it will not do you any good. The next thing is a damn good belt!

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I pretty much agree with all of that other than a few picky points. I would add that skill with the safety equipment matters and trumps some of the other things.

As far as "other stuff" goes, for CCW in an urban environment I never carry a knife, watch or multi-tool. I do carry a SureFire light and a kubotan de-jammer with a spare truck key on it, but I can substitute a tactical pen or just use the flashlight for that if I am not driving my truck.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by pacecars
Good post. I have found that first you must make the determination that you will carry every day and follow through. As you said, if it is not on you it will not do you any good. The next thing is a damn good belt!

One of the clips on my IWB holster broke. I have spares but they are 235 miles away and I will not be there for several more days. I have been carrying my 1911 just tucked into my pants and it has been staying where I put it rather well. Not as comfortable as my holster but a lot better than not carrying at all.A good belt is a must. In my case it is a double layered harness leather belt from Filson.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

It was a serious question, but I understand if you don't want to incriminate yourself. smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by pacecars

One of the clips on my IWB holster broke. I have spares but they are 235 miles away and I will not be there for several more days. I have been carrying my 1911 just tucked into my pants and it has been staying where I put it rather well. Not as comfortable as my holster but a lot better than not carrying at all.A good belt is a must. In my case it is a double layered harness leather belt from Filson.
I have Mexican carried a lot. You get a slight edge from the holster as far as static positioning of the gun as far as your draw and also I think the holster protects the gun from sweat a bit.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I agree with you. I will be using my holster again when I get to the farm on Thursday. In a month or so will order extra clips from Milt Sparks to keep more spares on hand.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

well, it requires a personal inspection and fitting, but it's for the cause. Most hooters create a space right behind that little ribbon in the center, perfect place to hide stuff. Look at it this way you can experiment.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

395 members (10ring1, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 40 invisible), 1,418 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,984
Posts18,520,042
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.