Home
https://twitter.com/UltraDane/status/1738634969688444938

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]
Just shoot them and get it over with. They can’t live after what they’ve done.
Jesus. That’s a hell of a thing to look at.

Poor bastard. RIP.
Kid thrashers (pitbulls) will often times stray from their usual quarry (children) and target adults...usually the elderly or women. This is why carrying a firearm is paramount.
I say both, dogs and owner.
The ball rolling in was a nice touch.
Shoulda used the axes on the owner.
Well da sine sez bewear da dog fool
This was in San Antonio back in February. We’ve had one more dead guy and another guy lose his leg below the knee since then.

I’m sorry for his family if they didn’t want this image to get out.

I’m wondering if that was the POS owner with the water hose. His friend was actually threatening witnesses the following week.
Real classy lookin' neigborhood.....
In before Hawkeye claims the body is a Crisis Actor.
Have found lead to be an effective tool for controlling pit bulls.
Thet weren't even wearing their turnout gear? That was dumb. I was always discouraged from carrying on fire calls too.
Originally Posted by slumlord
In before Hawkeye claims the body is a Crisis Actor.

Lol.
Needs to be a shotgun minimum on every first responder vehicle!
Merry Christmas

Sure to be a few kids and a baby or two to get shredded for the holidays while visiting friends and family

[Linked Image from dingo.care2.com]
Horrific!
That's terrible. Yet the owners always claim they were the most peaceful loving dogs. I still regret not shooting the 2 that an old lady nearby used to let run our neighborhood. One bit my neighbor while she was running and drew blood but she wouldn't report it because she wanted to be nice to the old lady.
Bb
That's terrible. Yet the owners always claim they were the most peaceful loving dogs. I still regret not shooting the 2 that an old lady nearby used to let run our neighborhood. One bit my neighbor while she was running and drew blood but she wouldn't report it because she wanted to be nice to the old lady.

Bb
A pit bull came into our backyard and chewed me into hamburger 58 years ago.

Put me on the jury. Pit bull killer innocent. Pit bull owner guilty.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

I hear you, BB. Had one like that in my neighborhood that kept knocking people over on their bicycles and biting them or biting people out walking for exercise. That pos dog came at me late one afternoon when I was walking across over to my neighbor's house. I was on my neighbor's property and that dog was loose, coming at me straight on, no barking. No nothing. I had just come back from Miami and had both my carry guns on me. Pulled my main EDC piece out and had it dead nuts locked on that pos dog's head. The owner starts screaming "NO NO! PLEASE NO!" He got the dog to turn. I really wanted to put 2 in his skull. Looking back, I should have. Still saw that dumbass out with that dog with no leash after that. Stupid basturd. I heard that some people who had gotten bit finally got some justice with that dog. I think they took it from the owner.
Heck of a Christmas Eve post.

I guess I’ll add extermination of 99% of pits to my wish list.
This is why something such as an S&W 642 j-frame, Ruger LCR, or an shrouded hammer Charter Arms could be lifesavers.
I love how during that incident someone was kind enough to take a picture. I guess that was how they say the helped the old guy. What a nice world we live in! I have said it before and it is proving to be correct almost every day. We (humans) are the worst animal on this planet.
Originally Posted by cs2blue
I love how during that incident someone was kind enough to take a picture. I guess that was how they say the helped the old guy. What a nice world we live in! I have said it before and it is proving to be correct almost every day. We (humans) are the worst animal on this planet.

You are so right , How anyone could just stand and watch . Granted not everyone CC , but dam who doesn't have a pick axe, shovel or ball bat . Pieces of [bleep] ..

The one taking the pic could have been wheelchair bound for all we know.
i still would have done something from my wheelchair....................
I never was a fan of that breed. I’ve had dogs all my life.my brother had a pit, I never trust the son of a bitch. I know I’m gonna piss a lot of people off, but kill them all and do what Britain did,ban them completely.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Neighbor has one.
He knows I'll blast it if need be.

That goes for any aggressive beast.
Poor bastard, made it to 81 just to be killed by dogs. Sad.
Driving down a 4 lane highway the other late afternoon, saw a good sized dog come off a hill wanting to cross the highway, all wooded area, pulled over thing I'd try to help, pick it up . No it was a 60-70lb. Pit, just rolled back on the highway . I did have my 9mm with Me.
Originally Posted by colvin

You are so right , How anyone could just stand and watch . Granted not everyone CC , but dam who doesn't have a pick axe, shovel or ball bat . Pieces of [bleep] ..

From dog attacks, to school fights, to sexual assault. There are to many witnesses and not enough heros.

But I agree, we don't know the circumstances of the person videoing in this case. But we've all seen enough videos of cowards with their phones out.
I practice preemption. If you raise cattle adjoining a rural ghetto that is what you have to do. Conibear 330 and .30-06.

I have a good friend that lives inside the city limits up in the Texas Panhandle. He solved a pit bull issue with some sort of high powered air rifle and a shot to the lungs. The culprit made it home to die.
Those 2 firemen weren't worth a damn the way they used those axes. That brown one should have been dead. They were swinging them like a girl swings a baseball bat.
Shoot brown elk is right. You come down on them like your splitting wood.
Originally Posted by MadDog4298

Easier said than done. Wood doesn't move.
Where is this guy when you need him? lol

That guy knows how to split wood!! 😂
Originally Posted by Clarkm
A pit bull came into our backyard and chewed me into hamburger 58 years ago.

Put me on the jury. Pit bull killer innocent. Pit bull owner guilty.

Glad you survived that.
That guy knows how to split wood!! 😂

Hahaha. Fo sho. Winner, winner.....
He cracked them pretty well.
Originally Posted by Pat85

He was wrong.

One got away.
The idiot veterinarian near me has a very dangerous Fila Brasalario (sp) that he lets run free on public property that adjoins private homes. It chased me onto my property and behind my fence before I knew who owned the dog. The neighbors are all afraid of this dog and run into their homes when they see it. Surprisingly enough, no one ever called the Police or the Animal Control office.

While on the public property, 15' from my rear gate, the dog attacked. I was out there with my daughter, her two sons (4&5 years old) and her goldendoodle. The boys were on a swing at the time. The Fila attacked the golden and my daughter and the kids started to scream. I positioned myself between the dogs and the kids and told them to RUN! I have to admit, I was pretty frightened too. I thought that big, vicious dog would tear me apart. For whatever reason, the Fila broke off and walked away.

This time I knew who the owner was, the vet. Harsh words were exchanged, and I don't know how I resisted pummeling the guy. This time the Police were brought in and they weren't too happy when they ran a google search on the breed. The Fila Brasalario (sp) is so dangerous that they are banned in many countries. As soon as the Police were done with him, I lodged a formal complaint with the Animal Control Division. They sent two officers to his Vet clinic and it didn't go well for the guy.

Thankfully, I have not seen that dog since. Had I been armed on the day of that attack, it would have been a very different story. But who carries a firearm in their own backyard? I'm just happy that the dog didn't get my daughter or my two grandsons. People should not have vicious dogs!

Agreed. I don't know what the heck those firemen were doing. But they sure weren't stopping those dogs.
Originally Posted by Charlie-NY
The idiot veterinarian near me has a very dangerous Fila Brasalario (sp) that he lets run free on public property that adjoins private homes. It chased me onto my property and behind my fence before I knew who owned the dog. The neighbors are all afraid of this dog and run into their homes when they see it. Surprisingly enough, no one ever called the Police or the Animal Control office.

While on the public property, 15' from my rear gate, the dog attacked. I was out there with my daughter, her two sons (4&5 years old) and her goldendoodle. The boys were on a swing at the time. The Fila attacked the golden and my daughter and the kids started to scream. I positioned myself between the dogs and the kids and told them to RUN! I have to admit, I was pretty frightened too. I thought that big, vicious dog would tear me apart. For whatever reason, the Fila broke off and walked away.

This time I knew who the owner was, the vet. Harsh words were exchanged, and I don't know how I resisted pummeling the guy. This time the Police were brought in and they weren't too happy when they ran a google search on the breed. The Fila Brasalario (sp) is so dangerous that they are banned in many countries. As soon as the Police were done with him, I lodged a formal complaint with the Animal Control Division. They sent two officers to his Vet clinic and it didn't go well for the guy.

Thankfully, I have not seen that dog since. Had I been armed on the day of that attack, it would have been a very different story. But who carries a firearm in their own backyard? I'm just happy that the dog didn't get my daughter or my two grandsons. People should not have vicious dogs!

You shouldn’t have to carry a gun in your back yard because someone won’t or is not capable of controlling their dog.
i wouldn’t have needed a pistol. both of those bastards would’ve been dead if I had that axe, an aluminum bat or steel boots on
My daughter has two of those things and I hear all about how gentle and loving they are yet I get barked at whenever we see each other. They aren't nice looking or tactile, just solid muscle and useless. Our shelters are full of them because they are unpredictable and difficult to manage. Animal control should have been on those dogs in the videos early on. I was losing tenants because of a barking rottweiler next door that would charge the fence when ever someone was in my yard. Two calls to animal control, a couple of citations and the dog was gone.

You shouldn’t have to carry a gun in your back yard because someone won’t or is not capable of controlling their dog.
There's evil everywhere and it doesn't care if it's your backyard.
But who carries a firearm in their own backyard?
I do, I carry it everywhere except a courtroom or airport if I'm flying.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Agreed. I don't know what the heck those firemen were doing. But they sure weren't stopping those dogs.

They were attempting to keep them from the body.
Appears they were not trying to kill them.
They acted defensively.
Originally Posted by BamBam
I never was a fan of that breed. I’ve had dogs all my life.my brother had a pit, I never trust the son of a bitch. I know I’m gonna piss a lot of people off, but kill them all and do what Britain did,ban them completely.

Merry Christmas everyone.

While I also have no use for the breed, I am not in favor of a ban. I’d rather owners be held accountable .

Just an FYI , always report an incidence to police and animal control. It will not bring any one back to life but they cannot use the “he never did that before “ defense. At least here in my state , it’s prima facia the dog was dangerous. It’s also why you never put a beware of dog sign up.
Terrible deal.

Not a fan of Pit Bulls, American Bullies or anything else that resembles them.

If they were such good pets the shelters wouldn't be full of them.
People relax too much and seem to think they can go in and out of danger zones on their own time. But if you actually could control such things it would be simple to simply never go into any.
It's a fantasy that you are somehow in charge of the surrounding dangers, or lack thereof.

As for myself I carry a gun 100% of the time when I am dressed and in those times I am not dressed, the gun very close by.
Why? Am I paranoid?
Nope!

Having a gun near when I don't need one does nothing to cause stress or discomfort to me at all.
But in my life there are been many times having one was VERY beneficial to me.

You can't schedule a life and death emergency. If we could we would simply never schedule one.
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by local_dirt

They were attempting to keep them from the body.
Appears they were not trying to kill them.
They acted defensively.

They swung those axes like they knew they were being filmed and didn’t need an internet witch-hunt for killing “loving pets”.

So when you need the gun you do not have it , I never see anyone walking around with an axe in their hands .
The best thing to do with pitbull guard dogs is to be proactive. toss 'meatballs' over the fence during your neighborhood nightly walk.
Years ago was working EMS in a bad part of a rougher city. 2 times over the years had to have pit bulls (we called them ghetto security) shot by PD. In both of those cases they did severe damage to young kids and weren't stopping until they were dead. In one case the owner had paralyzed the back of the dog by striking it repeatedly with a bat before we arrived, and the dog still wouldn' let go. Had his little girl around the head. So much skin was torn away that she wasn't recognizable.

Had another case in which members of a motor biking gang were stopped at an intersection when a pit bull ran out and grabbed one of their legs and wouldn't let go. They didn't wait for PD to solve the problem. As could be expected, It didn't go over well in the neighborhood, which caused an entirely different kind of problem.
one time when i was in my early 20's I had 3 roommates out in the county. One of them went wild on booze and pussy, didnt pay rent and would be gone for 5 days at a time. He had 4 hounds and pitbull he used for hog and bear hunting that he wasnt feeding or watering. We were. 4th July came up and we all decided to go to a 3 day rodeo in another town and decided to put his dogs down. So I dispatched them all with a 22 pistol below the ear and dumped them in a pile for the owner to deal with when if he returned while we were gone. 3 days later we got back home and the pitbull was walking around the house half staggering but well alive!! I got a bigger gun! moral of the story is those things are not easy to kil if in attack mode so disable then with hip or shoulder shots before trying for the head. And carry something that holds more than 5 rounds! no J frame for me
Originally Posted by stxhunter
But who carries a firearm in their own backyard?
I do, I carry it everywhere except a courtroom or airport if I'm flying.

^^^This^^^

ALWAYS.
And I avoid the Courthouse if at all possible and don’t travel anywhere I can’t drive to.

Even If I’m sitting in the house watching TV at night, I’ve got a LCP 380 in the pocket of my shorts.
And a Glock with in easy reach.
There is one.in my neighborhood that is allowed to run loose. It chases cars. Maybe it will step in front of my truck some day. Owners are druggies so if I shoot it they migh burn me out. They have been fined numerous times but let it out the next day.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
There is one.in my neighborhood that is allowed to run loose. It chases cars. Maybe it will step in front of my truck some day. Owners are druggies so if I shoot it they migh burn me out. They have been fined numerous times but let it out the next day.

buy a load of fentanyl from them and feed it back to their dog one night.
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

buy a load of fentanyl from them and feed it back to their dog one night.

Get some of the good pure China fentanyl and feed it to all of them.
There are good dogs and bad dogs but the best ones are cooked medium well.
A .45 old take care of him
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
one time when i was in my early 20's I had 3 roommates out in the county. One of them went wild on booze and pussy, didnt pay rent and would be gone for 5 days at a time. He had 4 hounds and pitbull he used for hog and bear hunting that he wasnt feeding or watering. We were. 4th July came up and we all decided to go to a 3 day rodeo in another town and decided to put his dogs down. So I dispatched them all with a 22 pistol below the ear and dumped them in a pile for the owner to deal with when if he returned while we were gone. 3 days later we got back home and the pitbull was walking around the house half staggering but well alive!! I got a bigger gun! moral of the story is those things are not easy to kil if in attack mode so disable then with hip or shoulder shots before trying for the head. And carry something that holds more than 5 rounds! no J frame for me

Pretty disturbing to shoot innocent animals neglected by a house full of irresponsible kids
I could go on for pages here, Helped get a ban in last residence here in WA. The ban held for 30 years til growing hispanic population forced it to be repealed. Once during the ban a pitbull killed a neighbor in wheelchair, the city had to pay funeral costs.
Last week in another E WA city a woman adopted a pit from the pound and it killed her partly on camera.
Googling it there are a bunch of recent pit attack deaths.
One problem is the dogs IQ is usually higher than the owners.

pitbull
Originally Posted by tripod3
Last week in another E WA city a woman adopted a pit from the pound and it killed her partly on camera.
Googling it there are a bunch of recent pit attack deaths.
One problem is the dogs IQ is usually higher than the owners.
Got a link, or more info on last weeks Pit Bull attack death? I'm skeptical.
Point blank question...

Have you ever killed a vicious dog?

How many?

+/- nearest dozen is a reasonable estimate/response.
Is a pack of pitbulls...

More dangerous...

OR

Less dangerous...

Than a pack of Norwegians?

In your honest opinion...
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Is a pack of pitbulls...

More dangerous...

OR

Less dangerous...

Than a pack of Norwegians?

In your honest opinion...

AND...

PLEASE do not say Pit Bulls are smarter...

That would be incredibly racist.

Thank you in advance.
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2023/dec/15/no-bite-history-for-dog-suspected-to-have-killed-6/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...alloween-spokane-washington/71418705007/

This is the second reported fatal pit bull attack on a person in the Spokane area in a month and a half. One attacked and killed a child on Halloween night, Spokane police said in November.
Originally Posted by tripod3
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2023/dec/15/no-bite-history-for-dog-suspected-to-have-killed-6/

This is the second reported fatal pit bull attack on a person in the Spokane area in a month and a half. One attacked and killed a child on Halloween night, Spokane police said in November.
The woman died of sudden heart failure, the dog had nothing to do with her death, that's in the news too, of course it doesn't support your rhetoric.
The on camera killing you referred to showed her walking her dog on a leash, that's all.
I'm no longer skeptical, time to play the BULLSHIT card.
https://www.animals24-7.org/2018/04...8-city-of-yakima-reaffirms-pit-bull-ban/

Here is another man I knew killed by pitbulls while in a wheelchair
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
This is the reported dog owner from the OP. He has been released..

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/202...n-released-from-jail-court-records-show/

Also, added to the X thread:
"🚨Context🚨

On February 25, 2023, in San Antonio, Texas, an 81-year-old man was killed and a 74-year-old woman critically injured in a dog attack. The incident took place just before 2 p.m. in the 2800 block of Depla Street. The couple, visiting relatives, were attacked by at least two American Staffordshire Terriers after stepping out of a vehicle. The dogs had breached a gate on the property where they were kept. First responders, including a San Antonio Fire Department Captain, were also injured while intervening.

The owner of the dogs, 31-year-old Christian Alexander Moreno, was arrested following the incident. He faces felony charges including Attack by Dangerous Dog Resulting in Death and Injury to an Elderly Person by Omission or Negligence. Three dogs were taken into custody by San Antonio Animal Care Services (SAACS). Two were euthanized on the day of the attack, and the third the following day. These dogs had previously been involved in confirmed bite cases, including one in January of the same year and another in September 2021.

Prior reports indicated that dogs from the same residence had displayed aggressive behavior and were involved in a minor biting incident in 2021. However, they were released due to the lack of an affidavit from a witness. Animal Care Services had also received reports of unleashed and aggressive dogs from this residence over the past two years

🚨🚨Just so you know, my main focus is enhancing the context of social media posts that often lack it. If you'd like to see posts with more clarity and background information, consider following me."
https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE77F028/

Here is another woman from Yakima killed by her own pitbull while she was pregnant.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...man-dies-mauled-pet-dog-living-room.html

I guess to no surprise she campaigned pitbulls are safe and gave her life to prove it.
Scumbag owns sh*t animals who kill old people.
Have we had enough of this yet???
"From dog attacks, to school fights, to sexual assault. There are to many witnesses and not enough heros."

I think part of the problem is fear of what the dog might do to the would be hero. Another thought is, "I don't want to get involved." syndrome. Not about a pit bull but one of my neighbors stopped some punks trying to steal another neighbor's Mercedes. Sheriffs deputies showed up and they arrested him for aggravated assault with a firearm. They did a first class railroad job on the guy. No prison time due to the fact he had a clean record, but now a felon forever.
PJ
https://www.fox13seattle.com/news/pit-bulls-maul-cop-yakima-man

Another longtime family friend attacked and lucky to be alive.

I would have jumped down and beat there heads to a pulp

Here are both scumbag owners of the animals.
The women's sister was recently arrested for threatening witnesses.
Had a 14 yo pit mix ( pit + marshmallow) over for dinner last night, to complement the hyper-active sled dog / plus our Lab-mix and Wiener. Maybe a good thing the other two neighbors didn't show up with their dogs. Doigs with legit owners geneerally settle thing among themselves. Generally.

Henry laid around and only growled once when the sled and Lab ran over him in their rough-housing. Choko the Wunder Wiener went over and licked his chops.

Damn - I hate pits..... smile

On the other hand, My son's pit/Lab mix down in Wis lives to eat Choko when we visit.. It's a matter of perspective, observation, and control of the situation.

I don't dismiss 1911s.. smile
Originally Posted by las
Had a 14 yo pit mix ( pit + marshmallow) over for dinner last night, to complement the hyper-active sled dog / plus our Lab-mix and Wiener. Maybe a good thing the other two neighbors didn't show up with their dogs.

Henry laid around and only growled once when the sled and Lab ran over him in their rough-housing. Choko the Wunder Wiener went over and licked his chops.

Well that's a huge relief! Good to know that pits aren't implicated in literally thousands of attacks on children and old people all around the world. Whew ..
Originally Posted by longarm
Originally Posted by las
Had a 14 yo pit mix ( pit + marshmallow) over for dinner last night, to complement the hyper-active sled dog / plus our Lab-mix and Wiener. Maybe a good thing the other two neighbors didn't show up with their dogs.

Well that's a huge relief! Good to know that pits aren't implicated in literally thousands of attacks on children and old people all around the world. Whew ..

They certainly get the press.
#statsmeannothingtome
https://blog.dogsbite.org/2023/01/2022-fatal-dog-attack-breed-identification-photographs.html

360+ dog breeds world wide, yet ...

#getafugginclue
#statsmeannothingtome

They get the press.

JFYI - I've met dozens of pits nd pit mixes. Once we fostered a pitl/Lab mix until he could be adopted.. When my Lab was being an [bleep] the pup rightly backed him across the room with 10" whit. :)fangs. No offense, mind you.... My wife wanted to trade in my full Lab...:) Sweathearts all, as far as I knew them, anyway. Not to say some of the breed doesn't have issues- some owners of such more so in expecttions and training of their "attack" dogs, or lack there-of.

Would not totally trust but a very familiar one. Or any dog- pit's get a little more caution. I trust my son's dog only within parameters. He would never hurt a people. They both got badly mauled by two loose pits when they were in Denver... Blaze doesn't fight...Those two aggressive pits should have been put down the first time, much less the third. Probably their owners too....

I read dogs better than I do people. What I see first-off is what the dog is generally like. But then dogs like me, for some reason. Not as much as they like my #2 son, which is pretty amazing.

People lie from the git-go.

Sort of like blacks...

Individually, I can develop trust on acquaintance. Two or more together, not so much. Like dogs, the paradigm changes with pack numbers.

Ironbender has a pitmix. My dachsund chased him around the house at Mike's place on first acquaintance, 10 minutes later the fool dog was' laying on his side in the kitchen with Choko mauling him. Bad dog! His daughters full pit ignored them all.

You can go with "everyone knows ", but I'll go with my personal experience. At least until it bites me.... smile
las,
Wasn't speaking directly to your experience, sorry if it came off that way. I have owned Labs for over half a century, bred them for 20. Never an incident. I'm exhausted by the fools that find excuses for owning the miserable PsOS called pits.
Your analogy is spot on.
One size does not fit all.

While there are propensities to any breed, owners wield much influence!I. . When i was in Kotzebue, a neighbor acquired a yellow Lab for a hunting pard, well - it was white- I was the receiving agent for the airline at the airport. I took the pup out of the cage and he slobbered all over me after I was done with the flight, but not like when Dean got there. The dog instinctively knew who he was to go with! Un fortunately for Dean, the dog came from a "personal Assistant line". No hunting/ retrieving instinct at all! Big 100# plus dog -Loved to play with my Lab tho- and at 2 years old was given away to a family with 5 kids - that dogs's idea of heaven - and replaced with a "real" Lab, who a couple years later warned Dean of a stalking grizzly, coming silently through the brush while they were waterfowl hunting. Killed with a load of birdshot at 5 yards.

That "stupid" thing would just sit there while my Lab would race around and around and and jump back and forth over the top of him.
ird gitter!
The breed has a clearly demonstrated propensity/problem. Statistically it is outsized relative to its popularity. Can this be disputed?

So.. when the owners aren't home? When the owners leave the door open? When the dog digs under the fence? When.. etc etc etc etc.
las,
How many times are you going to edit that response? Was that the third or fourth edit? laugh
As I thought I indicated, I use a mite more caution around pits and pit mixes, but I do not condemn all individuals of the breed out of hand, as is the seemingly wont of many posters here.
Originally Posted by las
As I thought I indicated, I use a mite more caution around pits and pit mixes, but I do not condemn all individuals of the breed out of hand, as is the seemingly wont of many posters here.

Ok. Cool for you.
How about the kids who get their faces chewed off?
Originally Posted by steveredd1

I would have jumped down and beat there heads to a pulp

The guy did well. Not sure what the woman was wailing about.
las

So let's say a fella owns a GSP, but for whatever reason he is against bird hunting. Say the same fella owns a Lab too but he is against his dog swimming, for whatever reason.

You figure this fella can communicate to his dogs in a meaningful way such that they will never do what comes naturally to them - What they were bred to do - with or without him present?

This is what we are talking about.
And no I don't buy the century and a half old horse sh*t re "but they were a nanny breed!" Just take a hard look at the stats. They haven't been a nanny breed for a long time. They don't belong in modern society. It's that simple.

Multi year fatal attacks by breed.
And I am saying some here are overly paranoid about an issue that is of only somewhat concern and caution.Not dismissive, certainly. You and others come across as a zealot.

I've killed 5 or 6 overly aggressive dogs for cause, and not one of them had pit in them. Not a pit or pit mix of my acquaintance has ever been a problem. In my experience. Which is what I live by, at my age. Not statistics, which may be the 4th great lie. I use MY judgement,not based on web statistics, but based on MY experience. YMMV

Perhaps I live in a better environment (or naive? ) than you do. Or have less reliance on the web...

A neighbor a half mile down the road has two pits. Jack and Jill. When we walk by Jill always comes out to make friendly/for a pet. At first my Honey HalfLab tried to bully her. After 5 or 6 times, Jill was fed up, knocked Honey down and stood on her. No hackles, no teeth, just "enough of this chit!" No prob. Jack was always on a chain and went bonkers when we walked by.

One day he wasn't.

A half-ounce off the trigger, he slammed to a halt 5 feet from Honey and wagged his tail.

I have no problem with that.

At 3 feet...

I think we are on the same page now, Jack and i. I could be wrong, but I've got the difference.
Your/my experiences are both anecdotal. Which is to say our personal experiences aren't large enough to draw significant statistical inference from.
You met a nice pit.. super! This isn't what we're talking about.

You haven't addressed any of the information above. Why is that? Statistics and records just don't matter to pit sympathizers? Well that would be quite a coincidence..
Well, carry on with your paranoia. Don't make no diff to me.

FJB won with 81M votes....

All reality is personal.
Let me get this straight.. You said in your previous post, before you edit it out, that you consider me "a zealot." Buddy, the deal is I have dogs that are very valuable to me, both financially and personally. I've had issues with pit bulls, owned by dirtbag drug addicts, charging in and attacking my dogs.

Why does it always seem to be drug addicts and dirtbags with pitbulls?

Given that you are a sympathizer, please go ahead and explain to me why pit bulls are indicated as the number one breed in fatal attacks on children and old people. I'll stay up and wait for your answer..
Well, zealotism is personal... I am not without sin... smile

I've had a dog targetted by wolves, several times . Result was one dead wolf, pelt on wall.

That doesn't mean I'm for the extermination of all wolves. I like wolves- to a point. As I do pits. To a point.

Lighten up. Cetainly I agree pits are of a matter of caution and concern, but I do not agree to outright condemnation of the breed.

Your milage obviously varies. First Amendment.

Bye.

"Lighten up," las.
Filing a wrongful death lawsuit against this brokedick would be total waste of time.

This is the reported dog owner from the OP. He has been released.
Originally Posted by Oakster

Pretty disturbing to shoot innocent animals neglected by a house full of irresponsible kids

Sad to think of a dog wandering around for a day with a bullet in his head. Bad shot.
San Antonio is a dirty, filthy city.
Originally Posted by las
First Amendment.

Bye.

First Amendment does not absolve an animal owner of criminal behavior by his dogs. Any Pit Bull that comes near me, off leash, is dead on sight. No quarter.

Multi year fatal attacks by breed.

Nothing in the image surprises me. 3 neighbors have aggressive mutts. 1 Pitt, 1 mixed breed Bulldog/Pit and 2 Rotts. Total of 4 dogs. The Pit would frequently come to visit while I was outside and behaved very aggressively. One day the owner followed and was playing with his Pit in my backyard, so I went out and told him of my experience with his mutt, and what consequences loomed. He laffed and flipped me off, at which point I suggested he did not want to let his dog return to visit. He laffed again, never realizing my hand in pocket held a death dispenser. It is certain as sunrise, that if any of those mutts show up on my property they will die.
This is the reported dog owner from the OP. He has been released..

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/202...n-released-from-jail-court-records-show/

Also, added to the X thread:
"🚨Context🚨

On February 25, 2023, in San Antonio, Texas, an 81-year-old man was killed and a 74-year-old woman critically injured in a dog attack. The incident took place just before 2 p.m. in the 2800 block of Depla Street. The couple, visiting relatives, were attacked by at least two American Staffordshire Terriers after stepping out of a vehicle. The dogs had breached a gate on the property where they were kept. First responders, including a San Antonio Fire Department Captain, were also injured while intervening.

The owner of the dogs, 31-year-old Christian Alexander Moreno, was arrested following the incident. He faces felony charges including Attack by Dangerous Dog Resulting in Death and Injury to an Elderly Person by Omission or Negligence. Three dogs were taken into custody by San Antonio Animal Care Services (SAACS). Two were euthanized on the day of the attack, and the third the following day. These dogs had previously been involved in confirmed bite cases, including one in January of the same year and another in September 2021.

Prior reports indicated that dogs from the same residence had displayed aggressive behavior and were involved in a minor biting incident in 2021. However, they were released due to the lack of an affidavit from a witness. Animal Care Services had also received reports of unleashed and aggressive dogs from this residence over the past two years

🚨🚨Just so you know, my main focus is enhancing the context of social media posts that often lack it. If you'd like to see posts with more clarity and background information, consider following me."

This POS has probably already been released by our Soro's backed DA, Joe Gonzales.
I've had dogs all of my life. Mostly labs, coonhounds and beagles. I've watched the different ways they all use genetics that are bred into them to do what they were meant to do. Labs and beagles are very noticeable in the way they use their nose to track and find things. You don't "train" that into them. They are born that way. Now what are pits bred for?????????????
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I've had dogs all of my life. Mostly labs, coonhounds and beagles. I've watched the different ways they all use genetics that are bred into them to do what they were meant to do. Labs and beagles are very noticeable in the way they use their nose to track and find things. You don't "train" that into them. They are born that way. Now what are pits bred for?????????????
Pift Bulls were bred to fight other dogs, to lay their lives down in combat to please their master. Dogs that showed aggression towards humans were culled. This resulted in a dog that that is extremely devoted to it's master and very trainable and obedient.
i read in Exodus this morning of some of the Mosaic laws coming down from Mount Sinai. One of them dealt with unruly oxen known to gore people, yet were still kept by the owners. the law was/is this: if an oxen known by the public to gore, but is not killed by the owner, and gores and/or kills someone, then the ox - and the owner - are put to death. this seems a practical approach to the pitfall problem ...
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita
Pift Bulls were bred to fight other dogs, to lay their lives down in combat to please their master. Dogs that showed aggression towards humans were culled. This resulted in a dog that that is extremely devoted to it's master and very trainable and obedient.

Except … when it isn’t.

Just when did this culling end?
Only my Opinion
Most dogs are a reflection of their owners
Bad Dog
Bad Owner

Their are exceptions some times
But most of the time this is the way it is.

I had a boss years back that had a Pit Bull
I went to his house to pick up some tools for a job.

He warned me about his Pit

And told me that when he rolled over on his back be prepared to get peed on if I rubbed his belly

I told hm that he did not have a Pot Bull he had a Stafford-er Terrier (or how ever you spell it).

Stafford-er Terriers are good well behaved dogs

Pit Bulls are nasty pieces of crap dogs Raised by nasty pieces of crap owners.

2 different breads.

Again this is just my opinion.

Just when did this culling end?
Most likely it hasn't ended in instances where dogs are still bred for fighting, which fortunately isn't common anymore.
Originally Posted by funshooter
Only my Opinion
Most dogs are a reflection of their owners
Bad Dog
Bad Owner

Their are exceptions some times
But most of the time this is the way it is.

I had a boss years back that had a Pit Bull
I went to his house to pick up some tools for a job.

He warned me about his Pit

And told me that when he rolled over on his back be prepared to get peed on if I rubbed his belly

I told hm that he did not have a Pot Bull he had a Stafford-er Terrier (or how ever you spell it).

Stafford-er Terriers are good well behaved dogs

Pit Bulls are nasty pieces of crap dogs Raised by nasty pieces of crap owners.

2 different breads.

Again this is just my opinion.

Staffordshire terrier, after a place in England, a pit bull bred for a calm and non-aggressive temperament. Most pit bulls around here tho are bred in backyards and if selected for anything at all it’s prob’ly aggression. Not much is asked of most other than to be a deterrent in the yard.

700,000 households in Bexar County (where San Antonio is), an estimated, ballparking from 2006 estimates that’s around 300,000 dogs (conservative estimate). I would guess one in five is a pit but I’m gonna be conservative again and ballpark one in ten.

Hence an estimated 30,000 pit bulls. Two dead people and one amputation this year by pit bulls all from two dogs in concert so about one in 5,000 pit bulls involved.

OTOH 3,000 dog bites each year reported in Bexar County, I have no idea how many involved pits. But if we conservatively assume one in ten that would be around one per 100 pit bulls, sounds reasonable.

So obviously MOST pits don’t attack people, but when they do the consequences can be severe.

Personally, I don’t need a scary dog for protection, I just need one that barks, one of them never mind the dog beware the owner deals. I’m always armed at home.
Clarkm: Take it from someone who has investigated "pit bull" attacks on humans (both big and small humans!) they (pit bulls) should all be neutered and none allowed importation into this country ever again.
Problems (deaths/mutilations/disfigurements) by pit bulls over, in a few years.
There are many dozens of gentle, loving, dedicated and non-lethal dog breeds to love and care for.
Pit bulls should be eradicated one way or another - they are just NOT "worth" the dangers they present.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy (dedicated dog lover)
Great post brother Dale
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Clarkm: Take it from someone who has investigated "pit bull" attacks on humans (both big and small humans!) they (pit bulls) should all be neutered and none allowed importation into this country ever again.
Problems (deaths/mutilations/disfigurements) by pit bulls over, in a few years.
There are many dozens of gentle, loving, dedicated and non-lethal dog breeds to love and care for.
Pit bulls should be eradicated one way or another - they are just NOT "worth" the dangers they present.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy (dedicated dog lover)
OK Doglover, then what do you do with the next breed that gets adopted and poorly bred by irresponsible people who want to have mean, tough, dogs? And then the one after that...
Originally Posted by fish30ought6
i read in Exodus this morning of some of the Mosaic laws coming down from Mount Sinai. One of them dealt with unruly oxen known to gore people, yet were still kept by the owners. the law was/is this: if an oxen known by the public to gore, but is not killed by the owner, and gores and/or kills someone, then the ox - and the owner - are put to death. this seems a practical approach to the pitfall problem ...

Common sense
Horrible ordeal that never should have happened. The dogs should have been shot immediately upon attacking that older gentleman.

My Pit Bull experience is limited to one dog that I got at roughly a year old from the local dog pound after her pics popped up on my Facebook feed. Not sure of her breeding but there is a lot of APBT there.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

She was about 37-38lbs and friendly, but not house-trained or leash-trained, so who knows her background or what she'd been through. She immediately went after our big dogs at my house, bluffing the brindle one but the big white dog (alpha) put her in her place and the pecking order was established. Of the last half-dozen or so dogs I've had, she's the best with people. No growling at folks, ever. Happy to see anybody or go out in public on a leash. You can pin her down and play hard with her, but she's gentle in return. Also one of the most intelligent and perceptive dogs I've ever had. She understands very well and learns fast. Very "clingy" dog breed that really wants to be with you 24/7. Does not do well by herself.

But..... she's a different dog with most types of other animals. Hates a deer or a hog. I'd probably not put her around any livestock without watching her like a hawk. The drive to engage is there 100%. Even though this dog is great with people, I'd not want a 70+lb version of her, just because she would likely be difficult to handle under stress. I have family members that also have smaller Pit Bull terriers and they've had great experiences, but they are house dogs that they spend a ton of time with and treat well, not neglected yard dogs looking for something to bite. Just my two cents on my limited amount of time with the breed. If you can't or won't do right by them, they are not the breed for you. Even then, you have to know what you are working with.

Originally Posted by JPro
Horrible ordeal that never should have happened. The dogs should have been shot immediately upon attacking that older gentleman.

My Pit Bull experience is limited to one dog that I got at roughly a year old from the local dog pound after her pics popped up on my Facebook feed. Not sure of her breeding but there is a lot of APBT there.

She was about 37-38lbs and friendly, but not house-trained or leash-trained, so who knows her background or what she'd been through. She immediately went after our big dogs at my house, bluffing the brindle one but the big white dog (alpha) put her in her place and the pecking order was established. Of the last half-dozen or so dogs I've had, she's the best with people. No growling at folks, ever. Happy to see anybody or go out in public on a leash. You can pin her down and play hard with her, but she's gentle in return. Also one of the most intelligent and perceptive dogs I've ever had. She understands very well and learns fast. Very "clingy" dog breed that really wants to be with you 24/7. Does not do well by herself.

But..... she's a different dog with most types of other animals. Hates a deer or a hog. I'd probably not put her around any livestock without watching her like a hawk. The drive to engage is there 100%. Even though this dog is great with people, I'd not want a 70+lb version of her, just because she would likely be difficult to handle under stress. I have family members that also have smaller Pit Bull terriers and they've had great experiences, but they are house dogs that they spend a ton of time with and treat well, not neglected yard dogs looking for something to bite. Just my two cents on my limited amount of time with the breed. If you can't or won't do right by them, they are not the breed for you. Even then, you have to know what you are working with.

looks like some black mouth cur in the mix.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
looks like some black mouth cur in the mix.

I grew up with Blackmouths, so I thought so also. They make a hell of a tracking dog or a hog hound. But it turns out that there is a strain of the old, original APBT that had the black mask on the eyes and muzzle. These were the smaller dogs before they were turned into the big bulky dogs from rap videos and such.

They obviously had some culling to do, and they obviously didn’t get it all culled out.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/27/us/underground-dog-fighting-seizures-invs/index.html
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by fish30ought6

Common sense

God instructed man to take dominion over the animals and rule over them. Not too hard to comprehend.
If you think Pit Bulls are shredders, take a look into Patterdale Terriers.
© 24hourcampfire