M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Pat85
Where is this guy when you need him? lol

He was wrong.

One got away.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
The idiot veterinarian near me has a very dangerous Fila Brasalario (sp) that he lets run free on public property that adjoins private homes. It chased me onto my property and behind my fence before I knew who owned the dog. The neighbors are all afraid of this dog and run into their homes when they see it. Surprisingly enough, no one ever called the Police or the Animal Control office.

While on the public property, 15' from my rear gate, the dog attacked. I was out there with my daughter, her two sons (4&5 years old) and her goldendoodle. The boys were on a swing at the time. The Fila attacked the golden and my daughter and the kids started to scream. I positioned myself between the dogs and the kids and told them to RUN! I have to admit, I was pretty frightened too. I thought that big, vicious dog would tear me apart. For whatever reason, the Fila broke off and walked away.

This time I knew who the owner was, the vet. Harsh words were exchanged, and I don't know how I resisted pummeling the guy. This time the Police were brought in and they weren't too happy when they ran a google search on the breed. The Fila Brasalario (sp) is so dangerous that they are banned in many countries. As soon as the Police were done with him, I lodged a formal complaint with the Animal Control Division. They sent two officers to his Vet clinic and it didn't go well for the guy.

Thankfully, I have not seen that dog since. Had I been armed on the day of that attack, it would have been a very different story. But who carries a firearm in their own backyard? I'm just happy that the dog didn't get my daughter or my two grandsons. People should not have vicious dogs!

Last edited by Charlie-NY; 12/25/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadDog4298
Shoot brown elk is right. You come down on them like your splitting wood.

Agreed. I don't know what the heck those firemen were doing. But they sure weren't stopping those dogs.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Charlie-NY
The idiot veterinarian near me has a very dangerous Fila Brasalario (sp) that he lets run free on public property that adjoins private homes. It chased me onto my property and behind my fence before I knew who owned the dog. The neighbors are all afraid of this dog and run into their homes when they see it. Surprisingly enough, no one ever called the Police or the Animal Control office.

While on the public property, 15' from my rear gate, the dog attacked. I was out there with my daughter, her two sons (4&5 years old) and her goldendoodle. The boys were on a swing at the time. The Fila attacked the golden and my daughter and the kids started to scream. I positioned myself between the dogs and the kids and told them to RUN! I have to admit, I was pretty frightened too. I thought that big, vicious dog would tear me apart. For whatever reason, the Fila broke off and walked away.

This time I knew who the owner was, the vet. Harsh words were exchanged, and I don't know how I resisted pummeling the guy. This time the Police were brought in and they weren't too happy when they ran a google search on the breed. The Fila Brasalario (sp) is so dangerous that they are banned in many countries. As soon as the Police were done with him, I lodged a formal complaint with the Animal Control Division. They sent two officers to his Vet clinic and it didn't go well for the guy.

Thankfully, I have not seen that dog since. Had I been armed on the day of that attack, it would have been a very different story. But who carries a firearm in their own backyard? I'm just happy that the dog didn't get my daughter or my two grandsons. People should not have vicious dogs!

You shouldn’t have to carry a gun in your back yard because someone won’t or is not capable of controlling their dog.

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
i wouldn’t have needed a pistol. both of those bastards would’ve been dead if I had that axe, an aluminum bat or steel boots on

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My daughter has two of those things and I hear all about how gentle and loving they are yet I get barked at whenever we see each other. They aren't nice looking or tactile, just solid muscle and useless. Our shelters are full of them because they are unpredictable and difficult to manage. Animal control should have been on those dogs in the videos early on. I was losing tenants because of a barking rottweiler next door that would charge the fence when ever someone was in my yard. Two calls to animal control, a couple of citations and the dog was gone.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

You shouldn’t have to carry a gun in your back yard because someone won’t or is not capable of controlling their dog.
There's evil everywhere and it doesn't care if it's your backyard.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
But who carries a firearm in their own backyard?
I do, I carry it everywhere except a courtroom or airport if I'm flying.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Agreed. I don't know what the heck those firemen were doing. But they sure weren't stopping those dogs.

They were attempting to keep them from the body.
Appears they were not trying to kill them.
They acted defensively.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/25/23.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BamBam
I never was a fan of that breed. I’ve had dogs all my life.my brother had a pit, I never trust the son of a bitch. I know I’m gonna piss a lot of people off, but kill them all and do what Britain did,ban them completely.

Merry Christmas everyone.

While I also have no use for the breed, I am not in favor of a ban. I’d rather owners be held accountable .

Just an FYI , always report an incidence to police and animal control. It will not bring any one back to life but they cannot use the “he never did that before “ defense. At least here in my state , it’s prima facia the dog was dangerous. It’s also why you never put a beware of dog sign up.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Terrible deal.

Not a fan of Pit Bulls, American Bullies or anything else that resembles them.

If they were such good pets the shelters wouldn't be full of them.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
People relax too much and seem to think they can go in and out of danger zones on their own time. But if you actually could control such things it would be simple to simply never go into any.
It's a fantasy that you are somehow in charge of the surrounding dangers, or lack thereof.

As for myself I carry a gun 100% of the time when I am dressed and in those times I am not dressed, the gun very close by.
Why? Am I paranoid?
Nope!

Having a gun near when I don't need one does nothing to cause stress or discomfort to me at all.
But in my life there are been many times having one was VERY beneficial to me.

You can't schedule a life and death emergency. If we could we would simply never schedule one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by local_dirt

They were attempting to keep them from the body.
Appears they were not trying to kill them.
They acted defensively.

They swung those axes like they knew they were being filmed and didn’t need an internet witch-hunt for killing “loving pets”.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

So when you need the gun you do not have it , I never see anyone walking around with an axe in their hands .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The best thing to do with pitbull guard dogs is to be proactive. toss 'meatballs' over the fence during your neighborhood nightly walk.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Years ago was working EMS in a bad part of a rougher city. 2 times over the years had to have pit bulls (we called them ghetto security) shot by PD. In both of those cases they did severe damage to young kids and weren't stopping until they were dead. In one case the owner had paralyzed the back of the dog by striking it repeatedly with a bat before we arrived, and the dog still wouldn' let go. Had his little girl around the head. So much skin was torn away that she wasn't recognizable.

Had another case in which members of a motor biking gang were stopped at an intersection when a pit bull ran out and grabbed one of their legs and wouldn't let go. They didn't wait for PD to solve the problem. As could be expected, It didn't go over well in the neighborhood, which caused an entirely different kind of problem.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
one time when i was in my early 20's I had 3 roommates out in the county. One of them went wild on booze and pussy, didnt pay rent and would be gone for 5 days at a time. He had 4 hounds and pitbull he used for hog and bear hunting that he wasnt feeding or watering. We were. 4th July came up and we all decided to go to a 3 day rodeo in another town and decided to put his dogs down. So I dispatched them all with a 22 pistol below the ear and dumped them in a pile for the owner to deal with when if he returned while we were gone. 3 days later we got back home and the pitbull was walking around the house half staggering but well alive!! I got a bigger gun! moral of the story is those things are not easy to kil if in attack mode so disable then with hip or shoulder shots before trying for the head. And carry something that holds more than 5 rounds! no J frame for me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
But who carries a firearm in their own backyard?
I do, I carry it everywhere except a courtroom or airport if I'm flying.

^^^This^^^

ALWAYS.
And I avoid the Courthouse if at all possible and don’t travel anywhere I can’t drive to.

Even If I’m sitting in the house watching TV at night, I’ve got a LCP 380 in the pocket of my shorts.
And a Glock with in easy reach.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
There is one.in my neighborhood that is allowed to run loose. It chases cars. Maybe it will step in front of my truck some day. Owners are druggies so if I shoot it they migh burn me out. They have been fined numerous times but let it out the next day.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 48 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,666
Posts18,474,725
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.