The idiot veterinarian near me has a very dangerous Fila Brasalario (sp) that he lets run free on public property that adjoins private homes. It chased me onto my property and behind my fence before I knew who owned the dog. The neighbors are all afraid of this dog and run into their homes when they see it. Surprisingly enough, no one ever called the Police or the Animal Control office.

While on the public property, 15' from my rear gate, the dog attacked. I was out there with my daughter, her two sons (4&5 years old) and her goldendoodle. The boys were on a swing at the time. The Fila attacked the golden and my daughter and the kids started to scream. I positioned myself between the dogs and the kids and told them to RUN! I have to admit, I was pretty frightened too. I thought that big, vicious dog would tear me apart. For whatever reason, the Fila broke off and walked away.

This time I knew who the owner was, the vet. Harsh words were exchanged, and I don't know how I resisted pummeling the guy. This time the Police were brought in and they weren't too happy when they ran a google search on the breed. The Fila Brasalario (sp) is so dangerous that they are banned in many countries. As soon as the Police were done with him, I lodged a formal complaint with the Animal Control Division. They sent two officers to his Vet clinic and it didn't go well for the guy.

Thankfully, I have not seen that dog since. Had I been armed on the day of that attack, it would have been a very different story. But who carries a firearm in their own backyard? I'm just happy that the dog didn't get my daughter or my two grandsons. People should not have vicious dogs!

Last edited by Charlie-NY; 12/25/23.