Originally Posted by funshooter
Only my Opinion
Most dogs are a reflection of their owners
Bad Dog
Bad Owner

Their are exceptions some times
But most of the time this is the way it is.

I had a boss years back that had a Pit Bull
I went to his house to pick up some tools for a job.

He warned me about his Pit

And told me that when he rolled over on his back be prepared to get peed on if I rubbed his belly

I told hm that he did not have a Pot Bull he had a Stafford-er Terrier (or how ever you spell it).

Stafford-er Terriers are good well behaved dogs

Pit Bulls are nasty pieces of crap dogs Raised by nasty pieces of crap owners.

2 different breads.

Again this is just my opinion.

Staffordshire terrier, after a place in England, a pit bull bred for a calm and non-aggressive temperament. Most pit bulls around here tho are bred in backyards and if selected for anything at all it’s prob’ly aggression. Not much is asked of most other than to be a deterrent in the yard.

700,000 households in Bexar County (where San Antonio is), an estimated, ballparking from 2006 estimates that’s around 300,000 dogs (conservative estimate). I would guess one in five is a pit but I’m gonna be conservative again and ballpark one in ten.

Hence an estimated 30,000 pit bulls. Two dead people and one amputation this year by pit bulls all from two dogs in concert so about one in 5,000 pit bulls involved.

OTOH 3,000 dog bites each year reported in Bexar County, I have no idea how many involved pits. But if we conservatively assume one in ten that would be around one per 100 pit bulls, sounds reasonable.

So obviously MOST pits don’t attack people, but when they do the consequences can be severe.

Personally, I don’t need a scary dog for protection, I just need one that barks, one of them never mind the dog beware the owner deals. I’m always armed at home.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744