Originally Posted by longarm
#statsmeannothingtome

They get the press.

JFYI - I've met dozens of pits nd pit mixes. Once we fostered a pitl/Lab mix until he could be adopted.. When my Lab was being an [bleep] the pup rightly backed him across the room with 10" whit. :)fangs. No offense, mind you.... My wife wanted to trade in my full Lab...:) Sweathearts all, as far as I knew them, anyway. Not to say some of the breed doesn't have issues- some owners of such more so in expecttions and training of their "attack" dogs, or lack there-of.

Would not totally trust but a very familiar one. Or any dog- pit's get a little more caution. I trust my son's dog only within parameters. He would never hurt a people. They both got badly mauled by two loose pits when they were in Denver... Blaze doesn't fight...Those two aggressive pits should have been put down the first time, much less the third. Probably their owners too....

I read dogs better than I do people. What I see first-off is what the dog is generally like. But then dogs like me, for some reason. Not as much as they like my #2 son, which is pretty amazing.

People lie from the git-go.

Sort of like blacks...

Individually, I can develop trust on acquaintance. Two or more together, not so much. Like dogs, the paradigm changes with pack numbers.

Ironbender has a pitmix. My dachsund chased him around the house at Mike's place on first acquaintance, 10 minutes later the fool dog was' laying on his side in the kitchen with Choko mauling him. Bad dog! His daughters full pit ignored them all.

You can go with "everyone knows ", but I'll go with my personal experience. At least until it bites me.... smile

Last edited by las; 12/25/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.