Home
I know mine won't be here for a while, as I ordered in January. But this is the first one I've ordered just for me that I didn't buy used. I'm stoked!

Remington 700 LA
Mountain rifle style
flush-cups
molded in forest camo
williams bottom metal

I have everything except the stock now.

Any other folks waiting on their precious?
Yep
Waiting on four McMillan stocks

Ordered two last of Nov and two last week of Dec

I received my last one two weeks ago. Took 26 weeks.
I ordered last week of Dec. changed the order a few weeks ago. No idea when its gonna get here but I want it.
I've got 3 on order.

Edge for model 7 pencil barrel and Edge for a model 7XCR 7mm-08 - ordered both around the end of December. Ordered mine with the pencil barrel Olive w/ black and grey speckles, my son's XCR is to be black with grey speckles. In all likelihood my pencil barreled 7mm-08 will become a 22" barreled 6.5 Creedmor before it ever goes into the stock.

Rifle #3 is a work in progress. Probably has low appeal to most, but its what I wanted:

Defiance Rebel Medium Action, milled to accept Wyatt's CFE-5 magazine box. Deep bolt fluting, round bolt knob, standard rear tang (supposed to be identical to factory Remington), hunter port - right hand action/right eject, sheep rear bridge (equivalent to factory Remington rear bridge, will accept standard Remington bases. Pacific Tool and Gauge Remington Short Action Oberndorf bottom metal. Talley lightweight aluminum, 30mm (low) (8-40) � stock #738700. Hart 9� twist, #3 contour, 7mm, 21� finished length, min shank, shallow flutes, stop flutes 2� from muzzle, chamber - 7mm-08. McMillan Hunters Edge, olive w/ black speckles, 1� Pachmayr Decelerator Recoil Pad. Jewell Trigger.

Optics undecided, leaning heavily to VX-6 2-12x42 w/LR reticle fire dot at the moment, but that's changed so many times....

David
Ordered 1 first week of November. I expect an email from Rick to pay up within a couple weeks.
I have two on order,One from mid November and one from dec 31. I'd like the November order to show up but it could be any week now.
I ordered my A1-3 Rhino camo, extended blind mag, two flush cups port side and one forward bottom, in January and got the conformation letter in the mail last week.
Stiller predator short action
Krieger #18 LV 308 20" and 260 24" barrels
Shilen trigger
Minox 5�30�56
Widden gunworks full size dies
Wilson seating dies
1968 Lake City NM 308 brass
New Lapua 260 brass
All I need is powder, primers, and bullets, and I ain't holding my breath to see any of those any time in the near future.
I kind of look at McMillans on order like Christmas and tax refunds.They get here when they get here,and then all is good.No sense sitting around fretting. Monashee
One classic for long action 700... going to complete the 375H&H that Eddie built for me... too long ago.

Rick was nice enough to let me in on the old pricing, even though I procrastinated to the very last minute. I don't mind waiting for something that's worth the wait.
have 3 on order from decemeber

ML
I ordered mine the first of Dec and am waiting.....
Ordered mine the first day of november and waiting anxiously for an email!
I ordered mine from Internet Specials on Mar 6...just needed paint,...still not here...hope it's a good paint job.

Waiting on stock, action, and barrel. Action and barrel should be April.
Compact Edge for a SA 700 ordered Dec 1st. No word yet.
Ordered my first one mid December. I got a edge for a pre64 FWT.

All of you guys ordering 2,3,4+ stocks are [bleep] everyone else over.....grin.

How long does it typically take I was thinking May, but now I'm not sure.
Ordered a Rem Hunter on Nov. 9th - no word yet.

I am chomping at the bit to get this one - its the last part I need for my build.......C'mon McMillan send me an Easter gift!!
Well to help ease my worries with the wait I decided to order a few parts for my Remington.

Sight fill screws, new magazine box, new torx bit action screws, and rings/bases from talley should be here soon. Then all of the metal is off to birdsong black T to be coated. Hopefully the mickey is in by then whistle
Torx bit action screws? Please, do tell. I would love to change out my hex for torx!
I have two on order from mid December, a Game Scout and a A5, both for Defiance actions. Guns should be done any time now but by the looks of things it will be a while before the stocks show up.
Have an Edge Sako Hunter on order from 10/26. No word yet...
Originally Posted by glenninjuneau
Torx bit action screws? Please, do tell. I would love to change out my hex for torx!

I have misspoken sir. Hex head screws are what I have ordered. Sorry for the confusion, but I too would love torx.
Bummer! I was really hoping you were on to something there. You put the bug in my ear so now I might have to do a little research and see if I can't come up with something.
Let me know if you find anything.
Waiting on 3 ordered early December
Ordered one on Dec 12th, hopefully I'll get it in early may.
Originally Posted by Monashee
I kind of look at McMillans on order like Christmas and tax refunds.They get here when they get here,and then all is good.No sense sitting around fretting. Monashee

Yep, add that to the fact that it might sit here a year before I get time to mess with it, and its no big deal.
Oh I'm quite the opposite!

I have rifles to bide my time with until old man USPS delivers the goodies. But I am stoked for this stock to show up. Ordering parts and getting the rifle coated should soak up a fair portion of the wait time. Then the real nail biting can begin grin
Order Oct 24th, No word yet.

8mmwapiti
Three on order from Dec.
The waits 5 months Dude.

Days are going to be long for you if you keep this up
Well the wait isn't worrying me. Just thought I would see who else was waiting for their bits and pieces to come in.

Getting all the widgets together is a good portion of the fun grin
Ordered a Ruger M77 on November 2nd....and starting to get antsy as its for a grizz gun I'm putting together for a May hunt....

Guess the factory stock may be coming along if I dont hear something soon, but hoping it may surprise me and be ready in the next 2-3 weeks!
I've got one on order for a M98. Ordered Dec 12.

Ordered a McWoody middle of Nov--said I'd have it in Feb. Haven't recieved it yet and two phone calls promising to check on it and get back to me haven't.

Now I know why. You guys are keeping 'em too busy. cry grin

Ordered 4 Classic's November 3rd and got the e-mail today they are ready to ship...
Ordered a Edge Nov. 11 and haven't heard nothing yet. But that's good, play money is low right now.
UPS Tracking

Scheduled Delivery:

Tuesday, 04/02/2013, By End of Day

Originally Posted by 300MAG
Ordered a Rem Hunter on Nov. 9th - no word yet.

I am chomping at the bit to get this one - its the last part I need for my build.......C'mon McMillan send me an Easter gift!!

Got the email yesterday afternoon - my stock is ready to roll.

Should be here Tues/Wed of next week, oh yeah!!
oh yeah!!

[Linked Image]
I like it Stoney - LOL!!!
Well, I ordered a Classic Edge on 11/20 so with all the early November stuff being shipped maybe I'm getting closer:)
Originally Posted by aalf
UPS Tracking

Scheduled Delivery:

aalf - when was yours ordered?
Originally Posted by cast10K
UPS Tracking

Scheduled Delivery:

Early Nov...I don't have the exact date.
UPS Tracking

Scheduled Delivery:

Dang, I hope mine from October ships soon...
UPS Tracking

Scheduled Delivery:

Great, thanks. Sounds like they are making up some ground on the backlog.
No word on mine yet, ordered 12 Nov. A Hunter's Edge for a Model 70.
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
No word on mine yet, ordered 12 Nov. A Hunter's Edge for a Model 70.

They only make M70 stocks in thier spare time. You've probably got at least 2 more months to wait.

laugh HAR!
They probably already made it, and quality control said it wouldn't fit any Remington he had seen. So they threw it out grin
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
They probably already made it, and quality control said it wouldn't fit any Remington he had seen. So they threw it out grin

Must be what happened to the one for my Howa...ordered Nov 1 and checking the email everyday. This is worse than Christmas as a kid!
Howa? Howa a Remington action gonna fit in here? Just throw it out Bubba, start over.
Ordered my first Mcmillan on Dec 18th! Damn I didnt think the wait would bother me so much!

HeavyBarrel

Well, mine came today, a McWoody for a 375 R. Weighs about 34 oz, about 2 oz more than Rugers wood. Whole rig is at 8.75 lbs, really about a half lb more than I would like. But they are nice stocks.
I was good waiting in month 1...2...3...

then 4............

Friday I get to 5 months!
I was good waiting in month 1...2...3...

then 4............

Friday I get to 5 months!

I'm at about 5 1/2...

It should come to you soon..
I just got a letter to confirm my order is that a good sign?
Originally Posted by Gobble
I just got a letter to confirm my order is that a good sign?

I'm guessing you ordered directly through McMillan?

I just rolled 5 months yesterday. Any day now.....
I'm about 5 months and 2 weeks right now.....tick tock.....

All I care about is having it home by May sometime, so I can shoot a big grizz with the rifle without a factory stock!!! Haha
I'm waiting for 3 of them. Ordered late December on Rick's Christmas special, so should have them by the day of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing!!!
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
I'm waiting for 3 of them. Ordered late December on Rick's Christmas special, so should have them by the day of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing!!!

The Derby?

I've always wanted to take a trip to Kentucky to see the Derby. Stop by the Maker's Mark Distillery, spend a day or so in Louisville, end up at the Derby. Late April just hasn't worked out to be on vacation.
I'm at 4.5 months hopefully by this time next month.

The Derby?

I've always wanted to take a trip to Kentucky to see the Derby. Stop by the Maker's Mark Distillery, spend a day or so in Louisville, end up at the Derby. Late April just hasn't worked out to be on vacation.

Indy 500. Largest single day sporting event in the world.

The Derby?

Indy 500. Largest single day sporting event in the world.

Sorry, I should have put a grin in. I knew what you were talking about.
My experience is...unless you are ordering a stock for an M700, you can count on at least 6 months to get your stock. Easiest to just order one and forget about it. It will show up eventually.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Easiest to just order one and forget about it. It will show up eventually.

Thats the way I look at it. But this thread aint helpin grin Ordered one the day after Christmas and didnt think about it, til I started readin here.

Sorry, I should have put a grin in. I knew what you were talking about.

grin
I checked on mine tody, ordered in January and was told late May to mid June. I ordered an Edge Rem 700 Ti.
I ordered another this week
I don't expect to see it until November
Ordered Oct 24th. Received it April 19th. 11 days short of 6 months.

Now to load some 375 Wby
Originally Posted by 8mmwapiti
Ordered Oct 24th. Received it April 19th. 11 days short of 6 months.

Now to load some 375 Wby

Wow you received it already!!!! I would have thought you would receive it this coming Friday?????? grin grin
My nov 14 order is waiting at the post office. Lots is shooting to do this weekend.
Just got the update my stock is ready! 2 days short of 6 months.
I just got the email yesterday from Rick that ours is ready to be shipped. It was ordered 27 nov.
I must be getting close...I placed my order Nov 30th but Rick did not place the order to McMillan until Dec 02. I have 1 LA and 1 SA I wonder if that will delay it any????
Got a call last night. Mcm classic heading my way
Got my email yesterday. Ordered Nov 1st. Now just have to wait till it gets here!
Got my email as well - it will be here next week - right at 6 months.
Ordered mine on 11-21-2012. Just got the email that it has shipped, will receive on Monday 4-29. Right at 5 months and 8 days.
Ordered Nov 2nd and its now released for shipping!!! Thanks again Rick!!!
One is on its way, two more to go.
Ordered Friday 30 November, 2012 got email from Rick Friday, April 26, 2013. Not sure how long that is but right at 5 months.
So what your saying for mine that I ordered at the end of December is another month or so....
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
So what your saying for mine that I ordered at the end of December is another month or so....

No Sir ...what I am saying is mine took right at 5 months.
My last one took 5 months to the day. This one is pushing 6, ordered Nov 9th.
I got my barreled action back from the smith Monday. So I emailed McMillan to see how long it would be before the stock showed up. I got a speedy reply, but the stock is not due till June/July, I ordered the second week of January. The response also stated they are just now shipping December orders and are 2000+ stocks behind. Its going to be a LONG PAINFUL 2+/- months
Well, I have one ordered on 11/20 - Classic Edge so nothing fancy and still waiting, hope its getting close though!!
I ordered two Edges on 12-11-12.

One is a Winchester Featherweight and the other a Remington Mountain Rifle.

Both are Gray base with Black speckles. I am ok with the wait.
I ordered mine Dec. 29th, don't think it got place til Jan. 4th with the holidays. Smith called on it a while ago to see how long it would be. They said around 6 weeks, that was 5 weeks ago. By the sound of things it might be a while longer, but it's getting close and I can wait.

Game Scout for me in GAP camo
Compact Edge Ordered 12/1... should be any day now.
My Nov 9 order ships today. A1-3 M700 SA.
Just got email that order made last week of November ships out today.
Received my edge today, exactly 5 months to the day.
ordered dec. 27 sounds like I'm still a month or so out.

ML
ordered mine Nov 18, still no word
My first one was ordered Nov 14th but with Salo stocks we had some back and forth on config
Got mine a couple days ago! About 6 months or so. Looks great! Has a couple minor fit adjustments I have to make but otherwise I'm happy as always!
Order 1/1/13, hoping sometime by the end of the month. I ordered a Game Scout.
There was a fair rush of orders in late Dec to beat the price rise. I am guessing that McMillan didn't have a quiet winter like they normally do, and won't have caught up on production quite as much. I don't expect to see my KS Edge (ordered 31 Dec) for a while yet.
I ordered 4 in February. I'll be lucky to get them before summer's end.
A-4 ordered Xmas day. No word yet. Oh well.
Ohhhh, ordered the 31st of December, crossing the fingers for the end of the month....
Just got the email from Rick that my short action Classic Edge is ready to be shipped - ordered 11/16/2012, should have it in a week - !!
I ordered two the last week of November
Received both today

YEAH

Both were last pieces of the puzzle for two builds
Just got off the phone with Rick, 3 on the way, ordered Dec 9th, right at 5 months....Thanks Rick!!!!
I just received the email that mine is on it's way. I ordered it the last week in Nov. Unfortunately, I won't be home till June.
Ordered A-3 Sporter for a Winchester M70 WSM action on Dec. 19. Got a note from Rick on May 9th saying it was done and ready to ship. Sweet !!!!
I'm still waiting on a game scout ordered in November.
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
I'm still waiting on a game scout ordered in November.

Ouch.
Two on order, both McWoody's, earliest order was 12/12/12, still no word.
Ordered an A3 on 12-27, shipped this week. Was for a Rem 700 SA
Just got word mine shipped order right at end of December like 12/30.. Now I need to get that gun sent up to Eddie to be screwed together!!!
I ordered an unpainted edge construction Classic LA in December to beat the price increase but currently have no good estimate as to when it may show up. I called last Friday, May 17th. The young man I spoke with (I think his name was Justin) said he had the order and would have to go find the stock and call me back - presumably later that day. I called late Friday afternoon and Lynn told me that he still had my request "in his stack" and would call me back but it might be Monday. I called Monday and another woman told me that "sometimes it takes a day or 2 to find a stock". Well, business has closed for Tuesday May 21st and still no call back.
I put my order in on November 3rd.

I still have not received the stock.
Ordered my McWoody the first of May 2013 and got confirmation e-mailed to me last week, so looking at the other posts looks like it will be the end of the year before I get mine.

Oh well, I am in no hurry!
Ordered mine December 30th got the news yesterday its shipping today.

Specs are;
McSwirly Remington Classic
Short Action
Colors: 65% Black, 20% Red, 15% Orange
Pillars, stainless studs
So it sounds like next month for those who ordered in January.
I ordered two stocks, Sako 85 hunter pattern for a Sako 85 actions on Dec 1. No word yet. I ordered a similar stock a few years ago and it took 8 months, so I'm not too worried about it.
Originally Posted by hunting1
So it sounds like next month for those who ordered in January.

I wouldn't count on it. I ordered a compact edge for a SA 700 on 12/1 and still waiting.
Ordered a Remington Varmint on 12/12/12 and received it 5/15/13. Gonna be a 6XC with a Stiller Predator. Have it threaded but not quite chambered so should have it shooting next week if the weather straightens out. As dry as we were I won't complain about the rain!!
Do you all normally get a tracking number? I received a "ready for shipment" this past weekend but don't know when to expect it. Just hoping it shows up by tomorrow as I'm out of town the whole month of June.
My stock just shipped. 700 KS I ordered on 12/09. It's my fault, I could have had it sooner but I goofed on my barrel channel description but they fixed it for me smile
Two on order ...

1. 12/27/2012
2. 12/05/2012

No word as of yet.

I don't want one, went with a Boyd's laminate instead.
Ordered 11-11-12 and sent payment out Friday.
Well I thought I was getting mighty close as I ordered in January, but seeing the responses here has me second guessing a pre July 4th delivery date.
There is always Ramline and tupperware for the impatient.
Today is 5 months on my order(edge mtn rifle) so its looking like 6 months instead of 5. Getting itchy now!..lol
Still waiting here too. Anticipating an early August delivery, enough time to drop the boy's 243 youth into a stock and shoot it up!
5 months for my mountain rifle edge also.......... thought it would be a little quicker with the supposed slower winter months
5 months and 2 days for my Winchester Hunter Edge stock. Hope to hear something soon.

The stocks will show up when they show up. No sense in counting the days, you'll give yourselves heart attacks worrying! I have one coming from January, figure it will get here when it's done and not a day sooner.
I sure hope the darn thing is worth the cost and waite tme! I am in the 4-months Edge club!
11-25, 12-28 and 2 on 2-17. Not a peep! All Remington 700's.

What'd you order?
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
What'd you order?

1. Gap camo Mountain Rifle (grey, black, white) with DM for a .243
2. Same thing for a 6.5-06 but orange, black and white GAP
3. Same thing for a 6mm (orange, black and white GAP) - this one I might flip as I sold the rifle already. I might sand it out and put it on a 6mm with a Brux #3 Redneck is building for me.
4. Same thing for a 7mm-08, Brux #3 but in medium tan, dark tan and dark brown GAP.
I'm waiting on a MR ordered about the same time as #1. That's why I was curious. I've not seen any Mountain Rifles shipping. They'll come in due time..
Ordered:

Steyr SSG A3 Nov 30
FN SPR A5 Dec 31
Win 70 HTG Feb 28
Received my Sako Compact Edge yesterday. Ordered mid-Nov 2012.
Originally Posted by Killertraylor

4. Same thing for a 7mm-08, Brux #3 but in medium tan, dark tan and dark brown GAP.

Dibs when it's put together!
Still waiting on 2 from the Christmas sale.
5-6 months is fuggin' stupid. But hey, people deal with it. I just ordered one myself crazy

Why does it take so long? And if there is obviously that much demand, why not hire enough people to get the product out! I have had one on order since December 18th and I am trying to be patient! LOL

HeavyBarrel
I called yesterday just because. I was told they are shipping middle to end of Dec now so it should not be to long for my Dec 26 order. I Should have my new action here in a few weeks, picked up barrels at brux the other day. And drew a UT mt goat tag a few weeks back that I will put it to good use on!
Originally Posted by HeavyBarrel
Why does it take so long? And if there is obviously that much demand, why not hire enough people to get the product out! I have had one on order since December 18th and I am trying to be patient! LOL

HeavyBarrel

The answer to your question is in Dick Davis' reply to this thread https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...97898/all/McMillion_Stocks_and_Gunsmithi

The past winter will be different to normal because of the extra orders placed to beat the price rise. Be patient. It is worth the wait.
I've Got A Game Scout Edge On Order For The 7Lrm.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
5-6 months is fuggin' stupid. But hey, people deal with it. I just ordered one myself crazy

When I ordered they told me 3-4 months, it is stupid. I hope for $650 it is everything people say it is or it will be my last. So far their CS sucks or to elaborate when I called for the stinking order form that didn't work they acted like they were doing me a favor.
I ordered my stock for a winchester on Dec 5 2012 still no word. If I had known it would take 6 months I would have paid more and bought it from stockys.
I've had good experiences the couple times I called.

But if you're running 5-6 months out, drop the 60K for a new machine and hire a fella or two. At least I would.

In fact, I just gave 'em a $500 down payment on it grin

It actually only takes a week to mold and inlet. Then it takes another 5 and a half months for the paint to dry. laugh
My Dec order will be here Monday !
they make a ton for the military too.
Ordered another on Monday. Any bets when it will arrive? Thinking Halloween-ish. Scope, action and barrel are wasting away in the safe.
I'm well past 6 months. I understand the end of year sale and all that, but when I put in my order on 12/1 they knew how many existing orders they had at that point, so why was I told 16-20 weeks?
Just got my confirmation that my Dec 18th stock has shipped! It is about time!

HeavyBarrel
Ordered a Hunters Edge, grey with black speckles on 12/21 for my Remington Ti 7mm-08. Would like it soon so I can have everything done before the season gets here.
That Rick guy has been in Alaska chasing bears, but he's back in town now. I talked to him yesterday and he said mine was released for shipping. So maybe some of ya will get the call.
so why was I told 16-20 weeks?

They have been quoting 16-20 weeks for the 8 years I have been on this site, LOL.

I believe all mine took right around 6 months.
getting closer to my 12.26 order date

ML
One I have been waiting on that was ordered on 12/12 has been released for shipping.

This is the my third one and all have been 6 months. I have one more on order, looking at about 3 more months.

Weird .... No word on the first one I ordered 5 Dec.
Mountain rifle for rem 700 SA in mcswirly ordered on Dec 30 is ready to ship.

A3 in rhino camo for Tikka stainless 223 varmint ordered Dec 31 is ready to ship.
I'm closing in on one from dec 31. I find it helps to order one every few months till they just start showing up.
Originally Posted by Sask_Hunter
I'm closing in on one from dec 31. I find it helps to order one every few months till they just start showing up.

To be quite honest, I doubt ill go another. I may feel different when I get my hands on mine, but at this point cant say I would.
One A5 inletted for a Stiller TAC338 & Seekins DBM - ordered Dec.22
One Tac-Hunter inletted Rem 700 SA & Rem BDL - ordered Jan.6

No word yet. Waiting patiently.
Originally Posted by BBsteel

A3 in rhino camo for Tikka stainless 223 varmint ordered Dec 31 is ready to ship.

When I called McMillan recently they said they only inlet two stocks for Tikkas. The Sako hunter and Sako Classic????
I'm on the fence about ordering a manners stock for comparison, headed over to their site now. At least to kick a few tires grin

When I called McMillan recently they said they only inlet two stocks for Tikkas. The Sako hunter and Sako Classic????

Should be interesting to see what I get then. I've seen tikka varmints dropped in A5s before.

Order

Products
1 x C] McMillan Tactical, BR, Competition & High-Power Stocks
- 7b. International Shipping:: No
- 8. Pillar Installation:: Factory-Installed Machined Pilla
- 7a. Deposit:: $25 deposit
- 6a. Cheekpieces:: Select Cheekpiece
- 6b. Recoil Pads & Butt Plates:: 1-inch Pachmayr Decelerator Pad
- 5c. Sling Studs:: Stainless Steel Studs
- 3a. Rifle Caliber:: .223
- 4b. Length of Pull:: 13 3/4
- 5a. Finish:: Molded-In Rhino Camo (New)
- 2c. Bottom Metal Inlet:: CDI Tikka Short Action
- 2d. Barrel Channel Inlet:: Tikka Varmint Contour
- 2b. Select Action Orientation:: Right-handed
- 2a. Action Inlet:: Tikka T3
- 1c. Construction/Fill Weight:: Fiberglass/Standard Fill
- 1b. Select Stock Orientation:: Right-handed
- 1a. Stock Pattern:: A-3 $132.00

Should be interesting to see what I get then. I've seen tikka varmints dropped in A5s before.

Order

Products

They list the Tikka T3 in the A3 description on their website...

A-3�

The A-3 is a modified lightweight version of our popular A-2 stock. It is the most widely used field sniper stock available. It is available with or without an adjustable integral cheekpiece. The forend is .312 inch shallower than the A-2 from top to bottom to provide a more stable platform while shooting off sand bags or a pedestal. The stock is also filled slightly lighter than the A-2 but retains all the features that make the A-2 such an excellent tactical stock. The A-3 is made primarily for Remington and Winchester actions and it will take barrels up to 1.350 inches in diameter. Available in right and left hand. Color shown, painted black.

THE A3 WILL ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS:

* straight comb, saddle, integral & thumbwheel adjustable cheek pieces available *

(if your action is not listed, please contact us and ask)

Bat HR & VR

Big Horn (rear tang will sit proud on stock 1/8")

Borden Alpine & Timberline

Dakota 76 (action must be sent in for fitting, fees may apply)

Defiance SA, Med, LA

Lawton 7000, 7500, 8500

McBros & McMillan G30

Montana 1999 SA & LA

Nesika Bay - J, K, C, S, M, CT, V models

Remington - 700, mod 7, 600, 660, 721, 722, 788, xp100, xr100

Sako - L61R, A-V, 591, 691, Quad

Savage - staggeredfeed all models (DBM model must be sent in for fitting)

- centerfeed - single shot & blind mag only

- target 3 screw

Stiller - all Remington clones

Surgeon - all models

Tikka - 65, T3

Winchester - mod 70, pre 64, pre war, SPR, PBR
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Weird .... No word on the first one I ordered 5 Dec.

Yup, my friend is getting jittery as his sheep hunt is rapidly approaching. I think he ordered his right around the same time and there is no word yet. It would be nice if McMillan could have some sort of tracking system where a fellow could have an idea of shipping date. They seem to be perpetually busy - enough so that one would think they could ramp up production.

Edit - I read Dick's post on the other thread and I get it now.
Ordered mine on Dec 31 and received it today. My first McSwirly. Turned out better than I thought it would.
11-25, 12-28 and 2 on 2-17. Not a peep! All Remington 700's.

20 days since I posted this and still no word - in a few days it will be 7 months for the 11-25 order. Unacceptable in my book. I've got well over a dozen of their stocks and 4 on the way but this will definitely be the last 4 I order until they speed their act up again.

Ordered my McMillan on 11/28 from the Campfire and received it on 05/30. I've got one more that I ordered in early January hoping to get it next month.

20 days since I posted this and still no word - in a few days it will be 7 months for the 11-25 order. Unacceptable in my book. I've got well over a dozen of their stocks and 4 on the way but this will definitely be the last 4 I order until they speed their act up again.

they definitely need more immigrants in the back room stuffing glass

With the recent price increase, you'd think they could hire another guy or two so people don't have to wait 7 months for a stock.
Mine were ordered mid-December from the Campfire and still no word, I have never had one take this long and this will be number eight for me. Might have to look at other options, this is getting frustrating.
I ordered two on 12/31. One a Ruger and one a Remington.
I'm waiting on mine, ordered during the sale on 12/31. Remington Mtn. Rifle Edge. First time I've ordered a McMillan, and honestly it's kind of disappointing it takes this long, with no idea on when it might show up.
Mine showed up today, and was well worth the wait, as always.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
From the Mcmillan website: "Current delivery time on stocks is 5 months out".

Kinda interesting they would put that up, considering the number of folks here who have been waiting WAY over 5 months.
Maybe they mean "everybody with a stock currently on order will get it 5 months from now"! wink

Order

Products

As an update to anyone that cares. The stock fits my tikka .223 varmint perfectly. The action, recoil lug, barrel channel and CDI bottom metal inlet is perfect. I have modified the feed lips on my AICS mag and am all set to go. I didn't snap any photos yet.

Prolly place another order soon. Nice to have one in the queue.
Nice cwh!

Travis

This from not quite a year ago......

Originally Posted by DickD

Let me tell you how I run this plant. For the last 4 or 5 years we have taken orders for and produced about the same number of stocks in a year. I have the plant balanced to produce about 1/12 of that number every month. The right number of CNC mills and the right number of people and the stocks flow thru the plant in a fairly steady flow. However the orders are very cyclic, we get about 60% to 70% of the orders in a five month period from about Feb. thru June, then they slow way down during the fall and winter months. So, during the high period we are taking orders for about 200 stocks a month more than we can make and we get some long lead times building up. Then the incoming orders start to slow down about June or so and we start to get caught up. During the Aug. thru Jan. period the incoming orders are only about 2/3's of our capacity and by November or so we are down to about 6 to 8 weeks which is about what it takes for a stock to flow thru our one-of-a-kind custom hand-made-to-order
stock process.
Now, there is another way to run a business. I could buy two or three more $60,000 CNC mills, and every Feb. start trying to hire and train 12 or 15 more people, and try to keep caught up with the incoming orders. Then every Aug. or Sept I could let two or three of those expensive machines set idle gathering dust and lay about 12 or 15 people off for 6 months while we produce just the orders that are coming in. The type of people I hire you usually won't get back, they just go find another job. So you go thru this same hire and fire cycle every year and just absorb the material losses you get during the training cycle of new people.
Sorry, but I prefer it my way. I've got a good well-trained steady workforce. We pay them a bit above average for the area, they have good benfits and most of them have been with us for 10 to 20 years and they know that they have good job security so they are very loyal employees. I only hire about two or three people a year to maintain a workforce of about 70.
If you don't like the long leadtimes right now call and order a stock about November, you will probably get it in about 6 to 8 weeks. Your gunsmith will probably tell you the same thing about the barrel installation.
Dick at McMillans
I received my unpainted Classic for a 700 LA in Edge construction Monday - it was ordered 12/31/2012.

This from not quite a year ago......

Let me tell you how I run this plant. For the last 4 or 5 years we have taken orders for and produced about the same number of stocks in a year. I have the plant balanced to produce about 1/12 of that number every month. The right number of CNC mills and the right number of people and the stocks flow thru the plant in a fairly steady flow. However the orders are very cyclic, we get about 60% to 70% of the orders in a five month period from about Feb. thru June, then they slow way down during the fall and winter months. So, during the high period we are taking orders for about 200 stocks a month more than we can make and we get some long lead times building up. Then the incoming orders start to slow down about June or so and we start to get caught up. During the Aug. thru Jan. period the incoming orders are only about 2/3's of our capacity and by November or so we are down to about 6 to 8 weeks which is about what it takes for a stock to flow thru our one-of-a-kind custom hand-made-to-order
stock process.
Now, there is another way to run a business. I could buy two or three more $60,000 CNC mills, and every Feb. start trying to hire and train 12 or 15 more people, and try to keep caught up with the incoming orders. Then every Aug. or Sept I could let two or three of those expensive machines set idle gathering dust and lay about 12 or 15 people off for 6 months while we produce just the orders that are coming in. The type of people I hire you usually won't get back, they just go find another job. So you go thru this same hire and fire cycle every year and just absorb the material losses you get during the training cycle of new people.
Sorry, but I prefer it my way. I've got a good well-trained steady workforce. We pay them a bit above average for the area, they have good benfits and most of them have been with us for 10 to 20 years and they know that they have good job security so they are very loyal employees. I only hire about two or three people a year to maintain a workforce of about 70.
If you don't like the long leadtimes right now call and order a stock about November, you will probably get it in about 6 to 8 weeks. Your gunsmith will probably tell you the same thing about the barrel installation.
Dick at McMillans

The issue with this is that there are a bunch of guys on here who ordered during the slow period around November.....and are 6 months out on stocks. Hoping that doesn't mean those who ordered during the peak have to wait even longer.

It's nice to see the pre-price increase rush stocks starting to arrive!
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

The issue with this is that there are a bunch of guys on here who ordered during the slow period around November.....and are 6 months out on stocks. Hoping that doesn't mean those who ordered during the peak have to wait even longer.

Who knew you wouldn't be able to walk in any store and buy 22 ammo after Nov.....

If you don't like the long leadtimes right now call and order a stock about November, you will probably get it in about 6 to 8 weeks.

Think I see a typo, I think he meant 6 to 8 months, based on the people posting on this thread. LOL

Who knew you wouldn't be able to walk in any store and buy 22 ammo after Nov.....

I think quite a few of us saw that one coming.

Are you suggesting that the election and Sandy Hook shooting caused enough orders for Mcmillan that their lead time increased from 6-8 weeks to over 6 months?

Maybe that's exactly what happened.
Again, that was Dick's response from July of last year.

Are you suggesting that McMillan is/was immune from the mass hysteria???
No, I was asking if that's what you were suggesting. I edited my post for clarity.
No, I was asking if that's what you were suggesting. I edited my post for clarity.

Between the first of the year price increase and the hysteria, it all adds up....
Makes sense.
Again, that was Dick's response from July of last year.

Are you suggesting that McMillan is/was immune from the mass hysteria???

I dont believe anyone has said anything of the sort. I believe whats being said in a round about way is his management practices suck.

The type of people I hire you usually won't get back, they just go find another job...............I've got a good well-trained steady workforce. We pay them a bit above average for the area, they have good benfits and most of them have been with us for 10 to 20 years and they know that they have good job security so they are very loyal employees.

the first part of that quote contradicts the last. If you pay above average and include good benefits, they cant just go find another job, and wouldnt want to.

I am fairly tolerant, and its good to know there are better times of year to order. But his unwillingness to keep up with demand, which they created with the price increase, at the sacrifice of customer satisfaction is very telling for a company so proud of their reputation. Not even a simple [bleep] sympathy letter/email regarding increased lead times! Bad business, not just for regular joes but smiths also who deal with tight schedules. Unless a helluva deal comes along this is my first and last.
Originally Posted by pahick

I am fairly tolerant, and its good to know there are better times of year to order. But his unwillingness to keep up with demand, which they created with the price increase, at the sacrifice of customer satisfaction is very telling for a company so proud of their reputation. Not even a simple [bleep] sympathy letter/email regarding increased lead times! Bad business, not just for regular joes but smiths also who deal with tight schedules. Unless a helluva deal comes along this is my first and last.

I think he explained the management practices well and I agree with the way McMillan manages. If they put out 1/12th of the yearly order of stocks per month then things are good. No need to hire temp work for the rush times...it will lead to problems with quality...and a lot of other issues, especially $'s for McMillan.

If they aren't putting out 1/12th of the yearly orders per month then they should hire more and/or purchase new equipment.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I think he explained the management practices well and I agree with the way McMillan manages. If they put out 1/12th of the yearly order of stocks per month then things are good. No need to hire temp work for the rush times...it will lead to problems with quality...and a lot of other issues, especially $'s for McMillan.

If they aren't putting out 1/12th of the yearly orders per month then they should hire more and/or purchase new equipment.

I also agree with the way he's managing his company.

Would I like to get my stock quicker, absolutely. But, he's making a good product and I knew up front I would have to wait.

You have to admire someone who respects his employees, and doesn't hire and fire with mass layoffs several times thru the year.

I don't find it that hard to understand.
This thread has lasted quite a long time, much longer than I expected. Just to clarify, my post was never in any way a complaint about McMillan, they are excellent in every regard.

Simply I am hoping for some solidarity in those that are also eagerly awaiting their toy grin

As I have been waiting almost 6 months now this thread has been encouraging to me as I was getting worried that something went wrong. Look at this thread is is amazing how many of us mentioned that we put out order in 12/31. I will to be patient to get a good product.
I'm gonna wait for all you loser's orders to clear out and order me another.

Travis

I think he explained the management practices well and I agree with the way McMillan manages. If they put out 1/12th of the yearly order of stocks per month then things are good......

Think about that one for a second. His plant is balanced and does 1/12th of yearly orders per month....and theyre backlogged. Look, I have no choice but to wait. But hes lucky hes self employed because anywhere else he'd be fired for not keeping up with demand.

His labor issues arent my problem. His company quoted 4-5 months, not 6-7-8.
just got notice that my 2 are ready to ship. I think it was 12/26 order
Well I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my pepsi challenge of a McMillan before the fourth of July. Better go and order another to ease the pain crazy
That "1/12" comment makes no sense. You would have to know your annual order numbers ahead of time to divide it by 12. I am sure there is some sort of forecasting, but then again it is just an estimate. Milking production on purpose is not a common business model.
That "1/12" comment makes no sense. You would have to know your annual order numbers ahead of time to divide it by 12. I am sure there is some sort of forecasting, but then again it is just an estimate. Milking production on purpose is not a common business model.

He explained how he made the forecast based on the last 4 or 5 years. If they get swamped with orders, then the forecast may be off.

For the last 4 or 5 years we have taken orders for and produced about the same number of stocks in a year. I have the plant balanced to produce about 1/12 of that number every month.
[Linked Image]
Has anyone tried the new Manners Elite Hunter Series? How do they compare and what kind of wait time did you have?
You know I regret not getting in on the snipers-hide group buy from January. The delivery time was approximately 6 weeks IIRC.

Currently they have a quite a few finished stocks waiting in the wings, but I believe the delivery time for a custom order is tit-for-tat with McMillan.

So my order was in November and I still don't have mine so quit your complaining if yours was ordered in December.

Just got word today of my three I ordered 12.26 ready to ship. Now Rick wants to be paid...

ML
Got word today my last two are ready to ship. These were ordered in Dec.
Well I went ahead and ordered another today grin

Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Well I went ahead and ordered another today grin

Wonder who'll bring it, Santa or Cupid??

I think he explained the management practices well and I agree with the way McMillan manages. If they put out 1/12th of the yearly order of stocks per month then things are good......

Think about that one for a second. His plant is balanced and does 1/12th of yearly orders per month....and theyre backlogged. Look, I have no choice but to wait. But hes lucky hes self employed because anywhere else he'd be fired for not keeping up with demand.

His labor issues arent my problem. His company quoted 4-5 months, not 6-7-8.

You can call and cancel the order if you have a problem with the delivery time. Dick want have a problem selling the finished stock to another customer.

Originally Posted by Oklahoma

You can call and cancel the order if you have a problem with the delivery time. Dick want have a problem selling the finished stock to another customer.

Im almost there, not turnin back now. But ill be sure that folks I know are informed up front they dont give a schit when you get your stock. Then they can decide if its worth it.
There is a package from McMillan waiting for me at the house.

Ordered Dec 31
Originally Posted by Oklahoma

Im almost there, not turnin back now. But ill be sure that folks I know are informed up front they dont give a schit when you get your stock. Then they can decide if its worth it.

Those of us that are in the know could give a [bleep] less if it takes a few months. I can tell already that you want be satisfied with the product. You will be looking for something else to b!tch about.
What I've gathered from this thread:

Good schit sells itself.

Good schit sometimes requires a long wait.

Good schit, is good schit.

If somebody's hunt was completely ruined and caused a severe case of depression, due to a stock not showing up, that sucks. But McM's really do rock.
Originally Posted by Tanner

Good schit sells itself.

If somebody's hunt was completely ruined and caused a severe case of depression, due to a stock not showing up, that sucks. But McM's really do rock.

Yep, and No schit!

But I'm still waiting for my schit too.

Good schit sells itself.

And with the Christmas Sale it will be at least 6 months or longer for delivery.
I've heard that in the past there have been 4th of July sales on stocks. If so, is that coming around again this year?

Have a classic edge for 700 ordered on 1/30. Sure hope to get it by the end of July
Hey pachick what model of stock did you order and what action is going to be inletted for?
Just got the e-mail last night that my 12/21 order was ready. Sent payment this morning.
12/31 McMillan Hunter is on its way. Edge with Specklestone finish. Can't wait!
12/31/12 Mcm Game Scout is ready. Should be at my house, Tuesday.
Originally Posted by Mgw619
I've heard that in the past there have been 4th of July sales on stocks. If so, is that coming around again this year?

Doesn't appear they would have to run a sale this year to sell stocks. If demand stays strong you could possibility see another price increase.
Ordered an A-5 with lots of hardware 12/31/12

Got email 6/21/13 it has shipped. Tracking # says it will be here Weds.

Not sure if anyone else got a copy of this email; but it was sent out 3/13/13

---------------------------------------------------

To Our Valued Customer,

Due to the overwhelming number of orders we received at the end of last year, production is behind schedule in producing your stock. As you know, it takes time to produce a custom product to the standards our customers expect and the quality we have established.

We are working to complete your order in a timely manner. However, at this time we are estimating an approximate 6 month timeframe from the date of your order for the completion on all stocks.

Thank you for your consideration.

We appreciate your business and your patience with this unexpected delay.

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks

McMillan Group International
1638 W. Knudsen Dr
Phoenix, AZ 85027
623-582-9635
623-581-3825 Fax

---------------------------------------------------

Not sure why it took them 3 months to fiqure out they got a lot of orders in December, & I would have liked to have had mine earlier... But it's right at 6 months.... what I have expected every since the email.
Got word that my Dec 29th order for a game scout is ready to ship. Just need to get a hold of Rick now. It's been a long 6 months but I'm ready to get this build put into motion.
My Edge ordered 1-21-13 ll ship mid July I am told.
Just got word my came in this mornin. Rick said 15 or so came in, so shouldnt be long for some of ya's.
Hi Paul:

I've just received word that this stock is ready to be shipped. Congratulations.

If you could please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx, I can release it right away. Or, you can send a money order to:

Rick Bin

I got this email yesterday. I thought the "Congratulations" part of the message was kinda ironic in a funny way. smile
I got the same email from Rick today that mine is now ready. Ordered on 12/31, so just short of 6 months. My gun buddies just rolled their eyes every time I told them I was still waiting on my stock.
Originally Posted by Derrickman
One A5 inletted for a Stiller TAC338 & Seekins DBM - ordered Dec.22
One Tac-Hunter inletted Rem 700 SA & Rem BDL - ordered Jan.6

No word yet. Waiting patiently.

Got the email. The A5 is done and the Tac Hunter in a couple of days. Both should ship next week.
Ordered 12/26 and got the call today. 6 months on the nose.
LH Compact Edge. Would have had my barreled action done just about the same time if not for the unfortunate passing of Malm.
Two ordered Dec 10. No word yet...
Just shy of 7 months on my 12/1 order. Apparently they haven't made a batch of compact edges since then. Would have thought it was the country breakfast of stock orders but guess not.

OK, just noticed 358Norma_fan ordered his compact edge over 3 weeks after mine, and his is on the way. Not sure what to make of that.
I wouldn't sweat it, I'm waiting on two from early Dec as well. The one I ordered last year took 8 months for some reason. These were all for Sako 85 rifles so I just assume that they might take longer since they are probably not a big sellers.

Just shy of 7 months on my 12/1 order. Apparently they haven't made a batch of compact edges since then. Would have thought it was the country breakfast of stock orders but guess not.

OK, just noticed 358Norma_fan ordered his compact edge over 3 weeks after mine, and his is on the way. Not sure what to make of that.
I just got my Hunters Edge today that I ordered mid December. Excellent as always.
I've been trying to contact Rick for a couple of days to pay up for my stock so it can ship, but haven't been able to reach him yet. Anyone know if he is away, or if there is maybe a certain tme to call him when he is usually around?
Originally Posted by Blacktails
I've been trying to contact Rick for a couple of days to pay up for my stock so it can ship, but haven't been able to reach him yet. Anyone know if he is away, or if there is maybe a certain tme to call him when he is usually around?

He PMd me Friday, I sent a MO and was checking if he got it.
Got my three last week. I swamped out an BDL Rimrock for an ADL Edge and picked up a 14oz weight savings on My alpine 6.5x47L

Anyone interested in the Pillar Bedded Rimrock and Steel BDL Bottom metal?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ML

Received my last two december orders today, nice rifle stocks.
I ordered two on 12/31. Hearing that others are getting theirs, I hoping to hear from Rick any time.
Originally Posted by Scotty
I ordered two on 12/31. Hearing that others are getting theirs, I hoping to hear from Rick any time.

Same here. I aint complaining, just anxious!
I got mine yesterday. Hunters Edge.

[Linked Image]
Just to rub it in a little...

Ordered 12/31/12, recieved 6/27/13

Build finished last night grin

(crappy cell pic)
[Linked Image]
Ordered 12/24/12, just got the email to pay two days ago. Looking forward to it, my first.
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
I got mine yesterday. Hunters Edge.

[Linked Image]

I just ordered a McMillan KS Edge in grey w/ black specks. cool
You guys are going about this all wrong. When you order just put down like $50, then you won't be so anxious to get your stock because it comes with a $500 invoice.
Ya I was kind of thinking about my lack of planning for getting the final invoice! But I also seem to justify the cost without scope, reloading supplies etc. Oh well I got mine last week one day past 6 months and a day after my birthday. Should have the action in a week or two, for the one I want done for a UT mt goat hunt in Sept. Just need to get a scope and rings, the rest of the stuff is in and paid for. The other rifle I have everything ready to go and I am in no hurry to get that one done
You guys are going about this all wrong. When you order just put down like $50, then you won't be so anxious to get your stock because it comes with a $500 invoice.

You mean these things cost money? grin

I paid upfront to Stock'ys and now Rick. He told me they were coming, I hope so because Stocky's now has some in stock!
Ordered 2 in Dec., still waiting.
The two I ordered at the beginning of December are ready.
Took mine out of the box this morning. Looks great! pics are bad, not much light in the house with this cloudy rainy day, but lightened this pic some so folks could see the weight. Mtn Rifle Edge fill...

[Linked Image]
How about slow purchaser? I have ordered Dec 31'st. I discovered a 'Ready to Ship' Email from June 20th this morning (July 3rd). Waiting on Rick to call me for payment since I replied finally.
I'm waiting on one ordered 12-31-12. I'm in no hurry, really. After the past few years of ordering McMillan's I've found that worrying about delivery dates is a waste of time. Frankly, if I were building a rifle for a hunt I would order a McMillan no less than 12 months ahead of time, to ensure (1) that it would arrive well ahead of the hunt and (2) that I would have time to get the rifle together and sorted out before the hunt.

My November and December orders showed up last week! Look great as usual.
I ordered my A1-3 January 21, got a call yesterday that it was ready. Looks like they are catching up. Now on for the wait for my June 20th Hunters Edge order.
7 months now and haven't heard anything.

Terry
My McMillan Hunter 700SA in Edge arrived today.
24.5oz @ 13 7/8LOP. Specklestone finish. I am impressed!
Lookin' forward to seeing and shooting it Drew.....Monashee
Anybody seen any from January? I ordered a Rem Classic 1:14. Hoping ill hear from Rick soon.
Originally Posted by herschel34
Anybody seen any from January? I ordered a Rem Classic 1:14. Hoping ill hear from Rick soon.

I just had one "released for shipment" that was ordered Dec 27.
I ordered two on 12/31 and hoping to hear soon. But I'm not going hunting now so I can wait.
UPS delivered my Edge MR today, after paying Rick on the 2nd. I was worried at first because the corner of the box had been damaged and ripped open, but all was good inside. McMillan does a really nice packing job. Stock looks awesome, olive with black & tan specks. Can't believe how light it feels.
My latest addition arrived today. A-5 w/Sniper Fill, #5 Benchmark Fluted SS Barreled Savage 308 (Stagger Feed).

70% Black & 30% Orange.

I am a happy camper.
is it any quicker at all ordering straight from mcmillan?
Originally Posted by killindeer
is it any quicker at all ordering straight from mcmillan?

No. If you've got a common rifle then there are several dealers who have McMillan's in stock but if you want a custom finish or custom features you just have to wait.
yea im just gonna order one and wait was gonna settle for one of the ones that a cpl places keep in stock but they werent the color combos i really wanted
Ordered a Classic for a friend (guy is huge, never had a stock that really fit, ever) in March for his CDL 35 Whelen.

I hope its here and I have some time to get it ready for pigs this fall.
Don't hold your breath.
Originally Posted by yukonal
Don't hold your breath.

Yup. Friend ordered one in mid-December for his annual sheep hunt. He leaves for the hunt in two weeks and still no word on his stock. That's an 8 month wait with no ETA.
Originally Posted by Arac
That's an 8 month wait with no ETA.

I don't mind the wait for a quality, custom built stock, but not being able to provide an ETA indicates a lack of understanding of your business. I totally understand level loading your schedule, but that shouldn't affect your ability to predict a delivery commitment.
Originally Posted by hwgtyd
Originally Posted by Arac
That's an 8 month wait with no ETA.

I don't mind the wait for a quality, custom built stock, but not being able to provide an ETA indicates a lack of understanding of your business. I totally understand level loading your schedule, but that shouldn't affect your ability to predict a delivery commitment.

And when qouted 3-4 months on a $600 stock after 6-mos it is normal to become concerned a little..
I ordered one on Dec 20
It arrived yesterday,July 15, pushing 7 months
Think I'm rolling with a Manners for my next stock!!
Ordered 12/1, so 7 1/2 months and counting. This is my first mcmillan, and I had a thought the other day --- how good will this stock need to be to convince me to put up with this bs and order another one? I mean, is it even possible for a rifle stock to be THAT good?
Apparently they are even behind on shipping. Got an email two weeks ago mine was ready. Paid then and now still waiting for the shipment confirmation.

Am I wrong in assuming that is pretty long just to ship something that is paid for and alsready ready to go?
They are nice, but I had one inletted for a long action when it's a short action, one friend had one with barrel channel not inletted correctly and another friend had one with the front swivel stud mounted at an angle.

Seems like as their times go up, so do the mistakes

Kinda what I've been thinking too.

I've considered it, but from web-viewing their stocks none of them really catch my eye as what I like in a hunting stock. The MCS-SL is closest...

I'm starting to think it's hard to not go with a Montana and have it rebarreled if I'm wanting a different flavor...or go with a Forbes.
Got the email from Rick that my stock is ready to ship on Wednesday. Paid for it yesterday. Now waiting for the UPS truck! Ordered December 27th.
Winchester Hunter (edge) for 300 wsm build.

Can't wait!

Wsmnut

I'm starting to think it's hard to not go with a Montana and have it rebarreled if I'm wanting a different flavor...or go with a Forbes.

I hear ya there.

Don't do it for delivery time. I'm not complaining, just some facts.

McMillan - ordered Dec 31. Still waiting.

Manners - ordered Feb 15, quoted 6 weeks (1st wk in June). Still waiting.

The stocks were ordered 45 days apart. Betting I get the McMillan first. Total wait for McMillan will probably be longer, but not enough to matter.

My interest in Manners is the mini chassis and the fact that the stock with the chassis weighs the same as a swirly.
Ok, Stocky's just emailed McMillan says my Edge will ship today or next week. I am hopeful, but not holding my breathe. I used to check 24 Hour a few times a day, but now even more with hope Rick will tell me my Mtn Edge fill will be shipping. Maybe these stocks are real. I am beginning to believe they are a myth like unicorns or something.....
12/16 and not a word.

Terry
12/28 and mine is on it's way! smile
Has anyone seen or heard from Rick? I sent him an email last Saturday checking on my order, since I'm at the 8 month mark, and haven't heard back. Wondering if I can contact McMillan directly?
Hi Guys:

Had ankle surgery and have been on pain meds for a week. I don't do well on them. I am back in the office tomorrow. Staples came out today and I'm switching to high doses of ibuprofen. Pain meds = nausea here. No good.
Ouch! Hope you get "back on your feet" soon!
No worries, Rick. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Hope you heal quick!
Just got the call! Long wait from January 10th but it really helped me to space the build out. Should be done soon
Just got the email that mine is ready to go: ordered 12/31.
Got the email!

Classic Edge for Rem 700 SA, ordered January 24 - ready for shipment.
Got the email!

Classic Edge for Rem 700 SA, ordered January 24 - ready for shipment.

You order it thru the fire?
Yes.
I ordered my Classic Edge with the same inlet but left handed on Jan 14. I hope to hear soon.
1-28-13 Edge shipping from Stocky's, arrival 8-12-13! 1 down and 1 to go!
My 12/1/12 order was released for shipping last Friday. Does anyone know if they'll give me tracking info? I ordered through 24cf.
My 12/09/12 order was released for shipping today. One Mountain Rifle Edge and one Winchester FWT Edge. I have been told that new orders are running four months. I will find out.
It's Christmas in August, I am told both my Mountain and Edge are shipping!
I ordered 2 on 12/20....one shipped 3weeks ago...but, it wasn't inletted correctly and I'm still waiting on one.
Got both of mine on July 30 ordered one at the end of Nov, and the second one at the end of Dec.
I'm waiting on a 700 Mountain Rifle ordered November 20th.....I'm hoping it arrives any day now?
You gotta be getting close SAS. My 12/1 order will be here this Fri.
I still don't understand why the wait times are getting longer & longer??

You used to be able to get a stock in 8-12 weeks, now its pushing 24-26 weeks, WTF?? Sales cannot be up that high that wait times have doubled!!
I still don't understand why the wait times are getting longer & longer??

You used to be able to get a stock in 8-12 weeks, now its pushing 24-26 weeks, WTF?? Sales cannot be up that high that wait times have doubled!!

Lots of 30+ week times listed here.

Ordered May 30 and cancelled last week. After 2 months they had not started on it so no sweat.

I found a Ti stock that'll fit just fine.

I will say Rick Bin is a great guy to do business with.
Ordered Jan. 26th, got the call from Rick yesterday that it en route. 6 months or so?

Funny thing was, I tried to order when Dick Davis said was their slow time so I could get it sooner. grin
Now that's part I'm not getting. My order was put in 6 weeks earlier and I still haven't heard a word! I called McMillan and they can't tell me anything and have written Rick but have yet to receive a response.

Terry
I ordered two on 12/31. They are being shipped at the current time Looking forward to getting them.
Originally Posted by TC1
Now that's part I'm not getting. My order was put in 6 weeks earlier and I still haven't heard a word! I called McMillan and they can't tell me anything and have written Rick but have yet to receive a response.

Terry

I too do not understand that, plus I really don't understand the wait times after Dick Davis got on here & spewed about McMillans "slow period".

If McMillan is that busy and needs to make that many stocks = hire/train new people, add equipment etc... etc....its not like they are not making any $$$
I got 2 big boxes on my porch today. Ordered on 12/20. They were actually ready for shipment about a month ago, but life got in the way of delivery.
I am glad mine are coming but I will personally never order another unless they are in-stock at Stocky's. I am still hoping the inlet is correct since hearing others bad experiences.
The two stocks I ordered on 12/31/2012 arrived today. One was for a Ruger with a tang saftie. It was a McWoody. the other was for Remington 700 in 223. I got that one in an edge. Both looked great on the gun. Glad to get them.
Got the email today for my left hand KS edge, ordered on the last day before the price rise (31 Dec).
Originally Posted by woods_walker
My 12/09/12 order was released for shipping today. One Mountain Rifle Edge and one Winchester FWT Edge. I have been told that new orders are running four months. I will find out.

Arrived yesterday via UPS.
I heard from Rick today! 5 months and 12 days - not too bad.

Randy
Just heard from Rick today as well. 1 day less than 7 months.
I think Rick lost my email....
Nope. Got it today. Classic edge for 700 SA ordered on 1/29. Ready to ship!
Rick found your email and lost mine. 12/31 order. No word.
Just seen this post from Tom Manners on another forum - they just leased another building with 4,000 sq. feet & added more employees to keep up with demand and wait times down!!!!

Hey McMillan...............just sayin'

Here is that post:

"I would first like to start off by saying thank you to all the great support that you guys have given us over the years, because of you we continue to grow. Its only been two years since we moved into our new facility. When we did I thought that it would be big enough to last for years, but I was way off, LOL. We now currently run a day and night shift and most weekends at this facility. To help keep up with our growth and get our wait times back down we have leased a additional 4000 sqr feet building across the street from our plant. This facility will be up and running Sep 1st. In anticipation for this new location we feel that we have planned for a very smooth transition. Over the last 4 weeks we have rammed up mold production and have hired and trained most of the staff. This new facility will mainly be used for additional mold layup and finish work. The current mill room and all the current operations will not be affected, nor will we loose any production capacity.
The main reason for this post is to let you guys know that we appreciate your support and to let you know how dedicated we are in maintaining it.
I posted over in the elite hunter group buy section, if you have a build that is getting up there, PM me your build number and contact info, i will track it down in the system, that also applies here.
Thank you very much,

Thomas Manners
Mannersstocks.com
816-283-3334
Manners Composite Stocks - Stronger - Lighter - Stiffer - The standard for strength"
Patience is growing thin on my December order. Come on guys!
Placed my order on 12/21. Received email notification from Rick on 8/14 that my stock was ready. Contacted him the next day to pay the balance. The stock was delivered to my door this morning..8/21. So, exactly eight months.. Remington KS stock!
8 months, holy hell.
8 months, holy hell.

+1
I have been wanting to order one but HATE the wait!
I went ahead and placed an order. Now I just have to remember to keep the rifle that long...
I am at 6 months - do I have 2 more months to wait??

I can guarantee, this is my LAST McMillan - hello Manners!!
I'd like to add that this is my first McMillan and the quality is incredible. It's even better than I imagined it would be. So, for me, it was worth the wait. It was hard to put that KS stock down after I opened the box. It's nice!
I am at 6 months - do I have 2 more months to wait??

Probably. I'm past the 8 month mark and the only word I've gotten is it's on it's way to the paint shop.
I don't think the long wait is the issue for most folks. It is McMillan's complete lack of ability to quote a realistic wait time.

On a positive note, I ordered mine for a gun I don't even own yet, so no rush. cool
I haven't ordered one in the last year or so, but just opened this thread to see what wait times are like. 8 months is indeed quite a while......

I guess a guy has no excuse for not having enough time to scrape together the jingle for when the balance comes due! Lol.....
Not sure why people think Manners is a better option. They are 5 months out, cost more, and have less patterns to choose from.
Not sure why people think Manners is a better option. They are 5 months out, cost more, and have less patterns to choose from.

*Ever deal with Tom Manners?? He is a super nice guy and his customer service is one of the best in the gun world!!

*Ever see Manners inletting?? Its as clean as it gets!!

*You're right about having less patterns to choose from but they keep adding more and more as they move forward.

Like I stated above, my last McMillan has been ordered - wait times are through the roof & the quality has been down on the last couple I have gotten. (Wrong inletting, inletting was very rough, gel-coats chipped, & heavy swirl marks)
It is McMillan's complete lack of ability to quote a realistic wait time.

I think they have the ability to quote realistic times, but apparently longer quoted wait = less sales
In their defense, i think most people that are complaining caused the backlog because they wanted to save a few bucks before the price increase. Sounds like they got slammed in December.
Originally Posted by ctsmith
It is McMillan's complete lack of ability to quote a realistic wait time.

I think they have the ability to quote realistic times, but apparently longer quoted wait = less sales

What good would it do to increase sales if you can't keep pace with the orders you already have? Honestly, they need to increase their prices or their capacity, or most likely both.
Backlog is a good problem.
Backlog is a good problem.

Not if repeat business is a long term goal.
I complain with nearly every order, as does most everyone I know, yet we still order again. Would we order in the first place if quoted a 9 month wait? Who knows.
I'am going to order another one as soon as I decide what color pattern I want.
I just bit the bullet and ordered one. I have had a lovely Mexican small ring 98 sitting with my gunsmith for a long, long time waiting for me to finish the beautiful classic stock he whittled for me and have it checkered. I screwed it up (not beyond repair; just beyond my ability to WANT to deal with) so I'm trying a Sako Hunter pattern McWoody w/ red decelerator.

Can't wait; this is my first order of a high quality synthetic. I'm a bit of a wood Nazi.

It isn't likely to be my first experience w/ a high quality synthetic given the wait time, as I have a Steyr 98 in 6.5x55 w/ light taper carbine-length Apex take-off & Parker Hale aluminum in-the-bow bottom metal that I'm dropping into a High Tech. Wait on those is SUBSTANTIALLY shorter... Brownells has em in stock!
I complain with nearly every order, as does most everyone I know, yet we still order again. Would we order in the first place if quoted a 9 month wait? Who knows.

Not me. It's a nice stock but there other nice stocks besides McMillan. This is my third and probably my last. BTW, I'm just a few weeks short of 9 months now.
Just got word my McMillan Game Scout shipped. Ordered January 20th.
Well I hesitated to tell you folks here but mine will be here Friday, according to UPS, and I did not order it until late February. We they called me last week to tell me that it was shipping and I mentioned that I knew others were waiting longer than I and she said some stocks take less time to build than others, but she also said that they were catching up.
Lets hope this is good news for all.

My order was for a Winchester Classic McWoody inletted for a M70 Classic Stainless .375 H&H with 2-piece bottom metal.

Rick called yesterday. I ordered 3 Remington Hunters and a Classic that are on their way. Order was placed February 4.
Originally Posted by MShuntfish
Rick called yesterday. I ordered 3 Remington Hunters and a Classic that are on their way. Order was placed February 4.

I ordered a Rem. Hunter on Feb. 21st - wonder if its in the same "batch" as yours??
Originally Posted by TC1

Not me. It's a nice stock but there other nice stocks besides McMillan.

Who?

Travis
Just ordered a Mcwoody, quoted @ least 6 months. Most likley my last. will try to buy used in the future.
I don't understand what the problem is with the wait.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by TC1

Who?

Travis

Manners
Brown Precision
High Tech Specialties
H-S Precision
I really want to try a High Tech/Bansner. Finishing a stock would be fun, but leary about trying to cut the stock to install the puss pad myself.
It's not hard at all.
Seems like it would be hard to keep it square. Don't have a bandsaw, is it needed?
I don't understand what the problem is with the wait.

Travis

Problem is that when you are waiting to have a custom rifle built & have every single component for the rifle except your stock, that's THE problem!! (especially when you are quoted 5 months and have to wait 7 or 8)
Seems like it would be hard to keep it square. Don't have a bandsaw, is it needed?

No, I just rough cut mine and square everything up with a bench top sander. The sander is also used to fit the pad itself.
Cool, thanks for the info.
Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by TC1

Who?

Travis

Manners
Brown Precision
High Tech Specialties
H-S Precision

Manners = limited hunting patterns & inlets. Limited LOP options - on the EHL line, the .5" pad is limited to 13.5". If you want longer you have to go with a 1" pad.
Brown Precision = good stocks, but spendy
HTS = limited patterns, must DIY
H-S Precision = Not getting any of my money, after the Lon Horiuchi incident.

Nobody out there with the options of Mcmillan.
None of the reasons you listed would stop me from buying a stock from any of the makers I named.

Terry
What if you had a Mauser 96 with a Shilen #4 barrel and a 1" shank, featuring PTG oberndorf bottom metal, and you wanted a left handed stock pattern in a Orange/blue swirl finish, with a red 1" decelerator, cut to 14.5" LOP?

I really want to try a High Tech/Bansner. Finishing a stock would be fun, but leary about trying to cut the stock to install the puss pad myself.
Let me know if you end up trying one. I'd be into buying one and finishing it, too.

Tanner
What if you had a Mauser 96 with a Shilen #4 barrel and a 1" shank, featuring PTG oberndorf bottom metal, and you wanted a left handed stock pattern in a Orange/blue swirl finish, with a red 1" decelerator, cut to 14.5" LOP?

Well, the first thing I would do is question myself as to why I would want an orange and blue swirl finish stock in the first place. Next, I would ask myself why I wanted a left hand stock because I'm right handed. My third concern would be why I would want a M96 stock at all because I don't own one.

What does this question have to do with anything? Deflave ask who else made a good composite stock and I answered him. Nothing more. If McMillan is your stock of choice, by all means continue to buy them, they make a good product. If you need a reason not to buy from other makers, thats your choice too. that said, none of your above listed reasons would stop me from do business with any of the above makers I listed if they had a stock I wanted/needed. They make a good product too.

Problem?

I have been pondering this for quite a while also. I have a Steyr 98 w/ #2 taper 21" barrel and Parker Hale in the bow BM thatI'd like to build LIGHT. will likely go this route as Christmas present for myself?

I don't have a big problem with a wait as long as I am given a reasonably accurate estimate up front. Waiting 8 months when I'm told 6 would really irritate me.
Let me know if you end up trying one. I'd be into buying one and finishing it, too.

Tanner

I've done a lot of them. I've cut the stock with a radial arm saw and a miter saw (several done with each saw). Put tape on the line where they are going to be cut and all is good. Even things up with a sander. I don't think HTS's are as strong or stiff as a Mickey, but if you finish them yourself they are a great bang for the $ and can be finished pretty light, especially if you use a flip-flop pad.

Did you not glass over the pre-existing finish? I've heard that was necessary to get away from the gritty feeling and to get an even finish.

Cutting and putting the pad on isn't too big of a deal. I had a friend help me out with a Miter saw and it was easy as pie.

I've filled in pinholes and blemishes but never had to go over the whole stock. Have to sand down the mold lines and fill there as needed if there are pinholes. Never noticed a gritty feeling...I usually try to texture the paint a little as the stocks are kinda slick without a checkering pattern.
Originally Posted by TC1

What does this question have to do with anything?

Options my man, options.

If you want a stock built within a relatively strict set of parameters (stock style, inletting, LOP, finish options, etc.), the other guys probably have something for you.

Originally Posted by TC1

What does this question have to do with anything?

Options my man, options.

If you want a stock built within a relatively strict set of parameters (stock style, inletting, LOP, finish options, etc.), the other guys probably have something for you.

The other companies only increase your options as a consumer which was my point in the first place. I have no idea where you're going with this but, carry on.
TC,

The reason I asked is 'cause I have a wonderful pre-Garcia Forester and was wanting an EDGE. I have seen McMillans are taking a bit longer than usual so I called Manners. They gave me a GFY, so I am mainly curious if other companies make an EDGE comparable stock that they will inlet for the Forester.

Travis

Problem is that when you are waiting to have a custom rifle built & have every single component for the rifle except your stock, that's THE problem!! (especially when you are quoted 5 months and have to wait 7 or 8)

I can understand the frustration, but I don't see an extra two months on a build being a huge concern.

But then again, I'm the kind of guy that will order my Randall, and wait 5 years.

Travis
TC,

The reason I asked is 'cause I have a wonderful pre-Garcia Forester and was wanting an EDGE. I have seen McMillans are taking a bit longer than usual so I called Manners. They gave me a GFY, so I am mainly curious if other companies make an EDGE comparable stock that they will inlet for the Forester.

Travis

Manners did the same when I asked them about a stock for a Ruger 77 MK II.

Manners did the same when I asked them about a stock for a Ruger 77 MK II.

I think that's racism.

Travis
I'm thinkin' that if you've left a hunt up to whether or not a stock shows up, you need to rethink strategies.

But, I can understand how an 8 month wait might kind of suck. That's why we have Classifieds....grin
You can keep a stash of McMillans for future builds..
I've ordered 6 McMillans through Rick over the last few years. The wait is getting a little ridiculous now. I ordered 2 stocks (Rem KS and swirl for a Mauser) on Dec 20. The swirl for the Mauser was done and shipped June 20, although it was inletted incorrectly. No word at all on the KS. When your told the wait is 5-6mths and its now 9mths and the last McMillan that shipped was incorrect...my faith in McMillan is dwindling. Luckily, there are other options out there.
Well then, I just got the email from Rick that my Mickey is ready!

Pictures to follow in the coming days
Ordered March...Ready in Oct..
Ordered in August, ready in January-ish!? It can't come soon enough!

I'm building a custom 338WM on a M77 Action. Rogard matte finish. Minox 2-10X50. Barrel to be decided soon.
If you ordered a Ruger stock in August, you aren't getting it by January. Rugers and some other odd balls seem to take longer.
Ordered three on May 4th..........Patiently waiting!

X-VERMINATOR
8 months, plan accordingly.
I ordered one last Thursday. It's going to be here this Thursday.

Travis
I just ordered one for a Ruger African, I put a reminder in my Calander for June 2014
I ordered one last Thursday. It's going to be here this Thursday.

Travis

gfy
I can't help being smart.

Travis
Even a broken clock is right twice a day grin

Order a 'specials' stock? Or something tacticool from a retailer?
Used.

Travis
I'm waiting on a Borden custom rifle. Does that count?
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I'm waiting on a Borden custom rifle. Does that count?

Only if you wish to wallow in the pool of misery that is lead times.

Travis
I'm at 28 weeks on a stock. Hope it isn't done soon, I am broke, haha.

© 24hourcampfire