Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
No problem with sick people staying home, but let's be rational about this. People can be infected 2 weeks before showing symptoms. So, by the time they might start feeling sick, they've been working for 2 weeks with the virus. Can't really blame someone for not knowing they were sick. Then, when they start to feel a little sick, how are they to know what they have? I have allergies that could easily check some of the boxes for this or other viruses, as do many others. The common cold and flu is still around and much more common than this virus, so if you feel a little off one day do you automatically go home and quarantine yourself?

Can you easily get tested where you are? I know we can't. People love to point fingers and assign blame when they are scared.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I can't fault someone who's wanting to work. Healthy people seem to shake the China flu off like any other strain of flu. This is just more of the pussifacation of the US of A. My dad said when he was a kid people would show up at the job site hoping someone would get hurt so they could take their place. This country was built on hard work, not sick days.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest muther fuqker around.

Thank you I take that as a compliment. I'm self employed and we only close for Christmas and Easter. So sick leave is something I know nothing about until 3 1/2 weeks ago when we were forced to take sick leave on our own dime.

Life is good live it while you can.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Leastways I'm not a multipersonality dik head claiming to be a deacon.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
But thats a prerequisite to becoming a member here in high regard.
Also ya ain't no righteous Republican without being one.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
We all know at least one person who brags about how they've never taken a day off sick. What they never mention is how many responsible people had to use their sick time when they were infected by them.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Being so afraid of getting sick at work is probably grounds to receive disability checks.

Hiding in the bathtub was my plan, til I realized how many people died each year in their bathtubs, gotta rethink my SHTF plans....

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by dassa
You guys do realize he was already spreading the virus even before he showed any symptoms, right?

So he may as well give it to those who dodged it?

It was already in his place of business. Even if he had stayed home, it was there. Someone else already had it, and would have kept passing it around. It's how viruses work.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sorry, long day. Didnt read all posts. Yes company is paying people directly affected to stay home. Anyone directly affected with symptoms during their time off asked to get tested. Really sucks in a way because there are a lot of people that had secondary contact with these folks. Workers that may have come in secondary contact arent being given any option to work, but asked to watch for symptoms. Company does offer to stay home unpaid to anyone in the high risk category. Unfortunately, if you choose to stay home because youre high risk, you do not qualify for unemployment compensation. Unless they have vacation to use, theyre screwed financially.

A lot of people pissed off that the company remains open(defense). Others are pissed because of folks complaining about concerns may shut it down and theyll be forced to file for UC.

Personally, I feel its gonna spread like wildfire. They have sanitation practices in place, but you cant get everything. And so far, their sanitation practices havent stopped someone from acquiring the virus or we obviously wouldnt have the spread we have so far.

A concern of mine is we're running into allergy season here. People are going to see others cough or sneeze and freak. Tension and stress is already at an all time high. Its not gonna get any better.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Employers are required to pay two weeks of sick leave at full rates for certain circumstances. The money spent by the employer can be a dollar for dollar tax credit.

The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) requires certain employers to provide employees with paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. The Department of Labor’s (Department) Wage and Hour Division (WHD) administers and enforces the new law’s paid leave requirements. These provisions will apply from the effective date through December 31, 2020.

Generally, the Act provides that employees of covered employers are eligible for:

Two weeks (up to 80 hours) of paid sick leave at the employee’s regular rate of pay where the employee is unable to work because the employee is quarantined (pursuant to Federal, State, or local government order or advice of a health care provider), and/or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and seeking a medical diagnosis; or

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Showdog75
For how long have hourly employees been going to work sick? For as long as they don't have sick leave. If I were to show symptoms I would get laid off. I can make 4k a week or $561 Pennsylvania unemployment so with that said I've worked sick many times. The problem lies with cheap ass employers that only care about the bottom line and not there employees well being. Now is the time for a cultural shift in our thinking or many many more will die. I'd rather pay one employee like he or she was at work verses them risking infecting the whole plant. To my knowledge going to work sick hasn't been a crime it has been expected in our society.

Don't know you, but if you are doing manual labor of some sort and making $4k a week, you have ZERO room to bitch about employer's not caring about their employees' well-being.

If you can't afford to miss a week because you are ill while you are pulling down over $200k, then the root of your problem lies with YOU.

Montana MOFO
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
By law, these posters should be in your workplace

DOL Poster 01

Last edited by Mike70560; 04/11/20.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My wife is able to telework which has worked out great for me.

I was scared that I’d have to do stuff around the house and help the kids with school work.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Showdog75
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Originally Posted by kid0917
dang..... 4K a week?
that adds up!
lol, I think my doctor makes close to that.

Damn, I'm in the wrong line of work. Over 200k per year? Someone paying factory workers 4k per week doesn't sound cheap to me.

Not a factory worker Bo. I work mainly in the nuclear industry some oil refinery work. Specialty welding

454?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by passport
Show me a company where people with obvious symptoms can not only show up to work but ACTUALLY work and I’ll show you an employer who’s not in touch with his employees.....

Stupid of the guy yes but an employer has the Responsibility to monitor for such things as well. Moreover get to know your employees and understand what they need and want, clearly have a guy that’s hard up here

Company I work for has facilities in over 50 nations. The facility I work in has ^2500 employees. There is no sick pay. Miss 3 days in 6 months and you are in violation of policy and subject to discipline. Miss the 4th day and they can go straight to dismissal. A doctor's note has no bearing or authority with the company unless the employee files for FMLA. If you take FMLA without applying for short term disability, any days that you use come off your vacation. Most everybody has chosen to work sick at some point.

But that all changed a few weeks ago. If you can show documentation now of symptoms or association with someone who has symptoms, you are off til further notice with full pay. 14 days minimum in case of confirmed CV19 test. Furthermore you have to document that the symptoms are gone, even if it's your spouse, and that you have been fever free for 72 hours without medication to return to work.

My wife was sick and got tested for CV19. it was negative and she has mostly recovered. I have a release from quarantine to return to work. Employer still requires me to document an additional 3 days for myself with no fever reducing meds and no fever.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by pahick
Sorry, long day. Didnt read all posts. Yes company is paying people directly affected to stay home. Anyone directly affected with symptoms during their time off asked to get tested. Really sucks in a way because there are a lot of people that had secondary contact with these folks. Workers that may have come in secondary contact arent being given any option to work, but asked to watch for symptoms. Company does offer to stay home unpaid to anyone in the high risk category. Unfortunately, if you choose to stay home because youre high risk, you do not qualify for unemployment compensation. Unless they have vacation to use, theyre screwed financially.

A lot of people pissed off that the company remains open(defense). Others are pissed because of folks complaining about concerns may shut it down and theyll be forced to file for UC.

Personally, I feel its gonna spread like wildfire. They have sanitation practices in place, but you cant get everything. And so far, their sanitation practices havent stopped someone from acquiring the virus or we obviously wouldnt have the spread we have so far.

A concern of mine is we're running into allergy season here. People are going to see others cough or sneeze and freak. Tension and stress is already at an all time high. Its not gonna get any better.

Holy crap! Take a deep breath, pal. You're going to die of a heart attack long before the virus.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,773
Posts18,515,633
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.