Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"In your dreams" would have been something worth seeing after the ones I have seen!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jed 1899
When I put my cursor on the 'links', a Savage logo (Indian Head) appears...No mention of Savage inside though.

Win a hunting trip with Buck McNeely and Savage CEA Ron Coburn.

http://www.savagearms.com/062005sweepstakesrelease.htm

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Guess I need to find Savage's current stance on old Buck...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How did Buck ever manage to get a hunt with Capstick? Is that true?

They hunted together as guests....

http://www.booktrail.com/Video_HuntAfrica/African%20Safari%20-%20Buck%20McNeely.asp

Last edited by Stan V; 01/05/09.

All American

All the time
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I havent seen him on tv in years. total ass clown. i can remember him claiming to have shot a 14 pound mallard!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
While checking things out I found a laughable little piece...
http://www.youtube.com/user/BuckMcNeely

Note the barrel resting on the shooting sticks! smile Can you say reenactment?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't Old beer belly Buck get pinched in some canned hunt thing in Missouri too?

Pretty sure I remember hearing that, but don't remember ever hearing about any aftermath.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
don't forget guys, ole buck is the "talent" on a show (like all hunting shows) designed to entertain the viewer. i don't watch him, but some obviously are or he'd be off the air (which i suspect he will be in a year or two). gotta love the remote control!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I see almost none of the TV shows and usually go elsewhere when I bump into them... But I do know a few guys personally that are on the shows and some of them I can like.

Scott Haugen has been a good friend since long before he started writing and I have hunted and fished with him many times. And I intend to again. Any opinion I might have would be swayed by that, I am sure. But I have not actually seen more than a couple of his shows.

Cam Hanes of Eastman's Bowhunting hunted with Scott and I for a couple weeks on Kodiak once and he is tough! Have not been blown away by his show the one time I saw it...

Buck is a whole other thing... He must have a little loose change for hunting on...
art

Art
I'll try to keep your opinion of Haugen in mind, but from what I've seen on his show I have to say he and his show were unimpressive. I'm intentionally being polite. I remember one show when he encouraged a kid to Arkansas his first pheasant. No offense to those from Arkansas intended. It's just an expression with a universally understood meaning.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I appreciate that, and in all honesty I have only seen a couple of Scott's early shows. My experience with him has shown a guy with incredible drive and work ethic, serious skills with many different impliments and I have never heard him whine about anything.

Goes a long way with me...
art

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I can't believe that he's still on the air. Last time I watched him was the early 90's. My roommate would be watching his soap and would switch to Buck when I came in so that I wouldn't make fun of him (as much). I thought he looked pretty much washed up then. Is he still pimping that copper bracelet that fixes whatever ails you?

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As a licensed professional hunting guide Fejes should be held to much higher standards than your everyday hunter and should no longer be in business. Methinks this probably isn't the first time he's done this and probably won't be the last.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This happened about 10 years ago now... Fejes spent a year in jail, paid some big fines and lost a Super Cub. There are a lot of rapists doing less...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL..........comparing a rapist to illegal guide activities is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I remember one show when he encouraged a kid to Arkansas his first pheasant. No offense to those from Arkansas intended. It's just an expression with a universally understood meaning.

T-
Apparently not universal. What is that?

As an aside I bought Scott's egg-cure book. He seems to know his business there.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
in Cape Girardeau, Missouri!

Same townRushbo hails from.

Coincidence?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
I remember one show when he encouraged a kid to Arkansas his first pheasant. No offense to those from Arkansas intended. It's just an expression with a universally understood meaning.

T-

Arkansas=Shooting the bird before it takes flight.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
IOW - ground swatting...

Me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ground sluicing?

I use that to refer to more than one though.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Originally Posted by ironbender

T-

Arkansas=Shooting the bird before it takes flight.

Mike

Ground swatting is the term I'm familiar with. Hope they did not have hunting dogs with them.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,513
Posts18,472,386
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.