Timothy Treadwell
Upon whom the bears of Katmai fed well.

Was not from the interior.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
GB1

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 458Win
Timothy Treadwell

. I think TT, for a bear, would be like Taco Bell for us. Easy,warm and requiring little effort, but hardly being fed well. Indigestion probably soon followed.:)

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Indigestion caused by numerous shots fired by nervous NPS employees

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by ironbender

I expect Costco to expand into the Fbx Sam's club site.

Nailed it.
https://www.adn.com/business-econom...anks-store-at-former-sams-club-location/

Now for those powerball numbers you promised.. the two times I wandered into that Sam’s club in Fairbanks that dude that dressed up like a women was there. I was like wtf! My buddy laughed and said oh that’s insert name they work here, so I wonder if Costco will hire the face of the Sam’s club lol.. Fairbanks the oddest City in Alaska if you ask me.

Maybe you have missed a few Alaska cities?

Been to all the ones on the road system anyhow.. and Fairbanks always has me scratching my head..

I live here and it has me scratching my head too. Twice, WTF is up with people and secondly WTF am I still here for?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haven't been to Fairbanks in a few years, not sure if it's changed much. I've always had the feeling that it was a true Alaskan city, in the best possible way. I don't know if Anchorage deserves the furthest North suburb of Seattle tag, but it's never had the feel of a true Alaskan city. It's really going down hill the past few years with crime going off the charts and gaining an "international" feel in the worst possible way.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I haven't been to FBKs in some years either, but the last time it did still have a bit of a rural feeling to it. For a city. It did on our honeymoon too.

Anchorage, well its just a big city, but OTOH I can't drive 2 hours out of Austin or Houston and be where I could from ANC.. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't need to drive more than a few minutes out of Anchorage and head off the road to know you're not in Kansas anymore.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chris McCandless aka Alexander Supertramp. wink

Shi i it! mad Here I am trying to drop names and you have to go spoil it for me. laugh

Yeah, there are a few oddities up this way. I can deal with odd, however, a lot better than I can the proliferation of "Stolen" signs and notices.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Thats what they are saying on the radio this morning...humm sounds like bs.........sears up here would have go before them imo ...they don't have craftsman tools .....they have only craftsman TOOL ....cause the shelves are about cleaned out.

Pretty sure Sears is closing.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pak
Originally Posted by 458Win
Timothy Treadwell

. I think TT, for a bear, would be like Taco Bell for us. Easy,warm and requiring little effort, but hardly being fed well. Indigestion probably soon followed.:)

But he brought dessert...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Say what u will about Fairbanks...one things for sure... Jack London , Robert Service and Johnny Horton.. we're NOT talking about Anchorage or the valley....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Clydesdale
Thats what they are saying on the radio this morning...humm sounds like bs.........sears up here would have go before them imo ...they don't have craftsman tools .....they have only craftsman TOOL ....cause the shelves are about cleaned out.

Not in Fairbanks.......yet.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Lived in Fbx for 18 years and now on the KP. It's funny to talk to Alaskans that either have never been there (really?) or so seldomly that it's about the same. I'm almost always asked which do you like better?

It's not a better/worse for me. Rather a case of *different*. I love both places, but one is Ginger and the other is Maryann. Can't say which is which, and that might not be the best analogy, but there it is.

Fbx has surely changed over the years as has most of AK. When i first arrived, Geist Rd had just been paved. Looky at that road system now.

Girl kid moved back there recently. Looking forward to getting up there again.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by akpls

The one in LA is what I was talking about.

No one gives half a [bleep] about Fairbanks.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Ah yes, I guess I should have seen that since it's so prominently mentioned in the post you replied to.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FAIRBANKS, Alaska (KTUU) - Almost two dozen vehicles crashed into one another, blocking the westbound lanes of the Johansen Expressway early Tuesday afternoon.

According to Alaska State Troopers in Fairbanks, approximately 23 vehicles created a jumbled mess, with one vehicle hitting the next in a sliding chain reaction.

Troopers say only minor injuries were reported from the incident.

The wall of impacted vehicles took hours to move, and troopers say the expressway's westbound lanes were shut down during that time.

Located near the bridge over Noyes Slough at the west end of the expressway, vehicles slow down to approach the intersection with University Avenue. That's where the pileup began, stretching back multiple car lengths.

A city transit bus company allowed passengers to sit inside the bus to keep warm while troopers investigated the incident. Some passengers were pinned inside their vehicles. AST said the outside temperature at the time was -15ºF.

What caused the first crash in the chain of resulting crashes is still being investigated.

Department of Transportation spokeswoman, Meadow Bailey, said a road crew had laid down sand and gravel shortly before the crash occurred.

UAF PD, UAF FD and Fairbanks PD assisted with traffic control, troopers said.

http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Over-20-vehicles-crash-in-icy-Fairbanks-pileup-470923373.html

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Ah yes, I guess I should have seen that since it's so prominently mentioned in the post you replied to.

No one gives a [bleep] about Fairbanks.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Geez looks like there is an azzhole in the woodpile.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,800 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,385
Posts18,469,625
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.