24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Left the United Methodist church just in time Cheesy Yesterday at 01:45 PM
I know the TikTok’s is as bad as the walmarks, but this is comedy gold from their conference last week. And no, it’s not parody.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLCqJeKy/

Meanwhile, at our non-Methodist church a few months ago, my 10 year old daughter taking notes on the bulletin sheet "Pastor Robin is really putting it on the gays today"
92 6,733 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: We all love hunting, but who loves eating Venison ? New_2_99s Yesterday at 01:45 PM
Back strap n bacon sandwich;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

grin
381 53,140 more...
Re: Kristi Noem Doubles Down - Suggests Biden's Dog Should Be Shot Bwana_1 Yesterday at 01:44 PM
It's just deflection, she should have omitted it from the book....good thing she never rose to the Presidency, Trump will dump her off the train and move on.
77 3,771 more...
IC B2
Re: It's Okay That Meat Has Become Unafordable The_Real_Hawkeye Yesterday at 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Never had proper veal before.
Mom just got veal cutlets and breaded them with Italian bread crumbs (Progresso??) and fried 'em up. Way tasty and tender.

Usually served with noodles of some sort on the side, but then again noodles on the side or as the main course was a 3-4 x per week thing.
Same. Every couple of months, we'd have exactly that for dinner, growing up.
140 9,542 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: for sale ------ 338cal 200gr SST bullets CJC73 Yesterday at 01:44 PM
ttt
4 307 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Hodgden acquires RCBS Woodhits Yesterday at 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by WoodsyAl
I was in a party stalking stags in Scotland probably 20 years ago that included Chris and Bob Hodgdon. They certainly were great folks. I don’t know what family members are serving in what company capacities today.

Bob Hodgdon passed away a year or two ago. Chris Hodgdon is no longer a company officer but the Hodgdon’s still own the outfit and are still involved.

Sorry to hear that-- Bob was a good man.
47 4,702 more...
Re: Kristi Noem Doubles Down - Suggests Biden's Dog Should Be Shot mjbgalt Yesterday at 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by Hastings
I would have shot that Biden dog after he bit the second one. I had a Great Pyrenees to guard my goats which he did an admirable job of and he would herd them to their shed about sunset every day. Then one day he made a run at my wife's young nephew with teeth bared. I gave him that one since the kid was a stranger and the goats were in the yard. Then chickens turned up missing. Then I found him chewing on a squeaking animal in the weeds which turned out to be a chicken. When I hollered at him he bared his teeth and made a run at me which I fended off with a stick. I went inside and sat down for about 30 or 40 minutes so I wouldn't kill him when I was mad. After that length of time I picked up my daughter's .243 and shot him. I wasn't about to give him to someone else to maul or kill a child.

That’s the right call IMO. The thing that will screw her here is that it was a GSP (not regarded as a particularly dangerous dog like a Great Pyrenees could be) and also it was still a young dog. That’s going to be a showstopper for a lot of people. But maybe not in SD.

The dog ain't the problem. It's the azzwholes who raised and trained it. Biden is just as bad as that as he is at everything else.
77 3,771 more...
Re: Prostate Cancer. wabigoon Yesterday at 01:42 PM
If you are a man. and nothing else kills you first, you will have prostate cancer.
96 7,626 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: which 22 mag to get... hookeye Yesterday at 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
The OP asked about and listed 2 different rifles he's considering. Yet everyone wants to suggest something totally different. The funny thing is a simple Mossberg 640K Chuckster will probably outshoot most of what you guys have suggested, and cost a lot less than anything suggested. Especially when comparing it to a Bergara B14 and the like.

Rather spend more and get a rifle that shoots and looks good.
Never cared for the looks of the Mossberg stuff.

My CZ457 does just fine.
47 3,488 more...
Re: pontoon boat sticker shock jetjockey Yesterday at 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by cra1948
Been running my 18 foot Jon boat with 90 hsp 2-stroke Yamaha 22 years now. The boat owes me nothing. Buddy in the business told me I could get what I paid for it if I wanted to sell it. (Of course 2024 vs 2002 dollars means half the value.) In any case I would never sell it.

Never had any interest in pontoon boats. To me, they’re not boats, they’re barges. I can see the attraction they hold for people who are not really into boats, but want to get out on the water.
Portable fishing dock and party barge.

You want to see scary boat prices, check out the 24/26 foot twin or triple LS inboard jet river boats. High grade aluminum sheet is expensive.

I am glad that we were able to find a couple older single drive units.

I saw a BMF or HCM that was over $500k. But at least you get something for $500k, a kick ax boat that you can fish, hunt, ski, and play out of. I have a 21x78 jetboat with a 6.0 and a 212. It’s worth today what it was custom ordered for in 2002.
51 3,466 more...
IC B3
Re: USPS RANTING! dgr416 Yesterday at 01:41 PM
Thanks Joe Biden he's perfect for screwing up everything. THEY closed a distribution postal center here in ga.They had stolen 9000 guns in just one month .If you SAw what was working at these places you would know what's wrong
60 4,253 more...
Re: Kristi Noem Doubles Down - Suggests Biden's Dog Should Be Shot oldtrapper Yesterday at 01:41 PM
WTH is wrong with our society for saying nothing about Fjb's dog?
77 3,771 more...
Re: Will there be another civil war...... Bwana_1 Yesterday at 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Soulfly
Would it be a civil war or the 2nd revolution?

The Revolutionary War was a civil war.

No.
97 12,108 more...
Africa Jump to new posts
Re: Minimum cartridge for elephant. Woodhits Yesterday at 01:40 PM
I've hunted elephant twice. The first time was during a buffalo hunt in the Save when we encountered the tracks of a wounded young bull who needed to be put down. We snuck into a large her of cows and calves and it was the most exciting yet scariest experience I've ever had in the field. My .375 definitely felt tiny as I watched cows bend over fully-grown palms to shake the nuts free. We never found the bull but I was bitten by the bug and would come back if it broke me.

11 years later I was in the Zambezi Valley, this time on a dedicated elephant and buffalo hunt. I carried a Krieghoff 450-400 double with Woodleigh solids. I killed a great buffalo after an incredible stalk on day three but we struggled on elephant, mainly due to shifting winds and bad luck. On day 12 we were charged by an old bull who was suffering from multiple infected shotgun wounds-- it happened FAST. I killed him with a frontal brain shot at 17 steps. In my sample of one, the 450-400 was plenty of gun-- especially since I shoot that rifle well. One bull doesn't make me an expert, by any means. I'll probably never hunt elephant again but I will chase buffalo as time and budgets allow so the 450-400 chambering is ideal for my needs. For a dedicated elephant rifle I'm sure that a larger chambering would make sense on paper but only if the user was comfortable shooting it.
63 9,421 more...
Re: Q hosfly Yesterday at 01:39 PM
Lol
45,474 4,049,472 more...
Re: Today's verse wabigoon Yesterday at 01:38 PM
I like the Book of Isaiah. Thank You Sir.
2 150 more...
Re: Gettysburg 54Woody Yesterday at 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by shrapnel
We had to go to Harpers Ferry and see the early industrial area of that time. It is interesting to see the history here, even Meriwether Lewis getting his gear manufactured here before the expedition to the Pacific…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I have a muzzle loader made by Benjamin Mills in Harrodsburg, KY in the 1850s. In 1858 Mills was appointed to an armorer position at Harper’s Ferry and was one of the employees held captive in 1859 during the John Brown raid. Bonus points to anyone who knows who captured Brown and freed the hostages. I have heard that one of Mills rifles is on display in the Gettysburg museum as a sniper rifle. When I acquired my rifle in 1975 it was in good enough condition that I actually fired it on several occasions. Then I decided to give it a good cleaning and preserve it as my attachment to history.
168 10,135 more...
Re: Will there be another civil war...... Teal Yesterday at 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Ever noticed.
Communism.
And.
Food shortage famine.
Go together like peas and carrots?

Yes and as a society, we've forgotten that it's ok to kill commies. Now we give them "space" on campus. They are not just someone with a different POV that should be protected but the enemy that should be eradicated.
97 12,108 more...
Re: F/S Thompson Center Contender with Barrels Kudu1 Yesterday at 01:36 PM
TTT
31 4,128 more...
Re: Oh no. Chris Cuomo suffering from Covid Vaccine jaguartx Yesterday at 01:36 PM
30 2,123 more...
Re: Savage 1899 saddle-ring carbine, .303 Savage Bill/Oregon Yesterday at 01:36 PM
SPF to the gentleman from Arizona.
16 1,800 more...
Re: Oh no. Chris Cuomo suffering from Covid Vaccine jaguartx Yesterday at 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by Riverc
I don't feel sorry for Cuomo or anyone that pushed this vaccine. I won't forget the early days when some of these people wanted to make the shot mandatory, calling non-vaxxed people all kinds of names more less putting you on a guilt trip it's the patriotic thing to do, do it for others, we need to come together and all the other bull crap.

That’s what rubbed me the wrong way. ANY response other than "get the jab" was systematically shot down by .gov, the media, supposed world health officials and the masses of sheeple in general. NO EXCEPTIONS!

My cardiologist advised me against taking it and listened to him. And I’m glad I took his advice.
But to be honest, I doubt I would have taken it even if he had said to. Just too many loose ends with the entire situation for me.
Why did you need someone else’s advice on something so obvious.

Same reason as you about getting a Clue. The same MSM BS you swallowed about Q.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]screen shots

30 2,123 more...
Re: Camp trip...before..... 257Bob Yesterday at 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by 257Bob
Headed to Hurricane, UT on Monday for a week in Zion & Bryce!

Stop in Hurricane & see 'Matt's off road' & the 'Morvair'

Seen his videos, he's legit!
21 1,861 more...
Food, Cooking, and Game Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: Tonight's Supper/Dinner was/is ? New_2_99s Yesterday at 01:34 PM
Shrimp scampi, Friday night;

Back strap burgers, Saturday night;

Kung pow pork tenderloin, Sunday night

15,707 2,677,328 more...
Re: Kristi Noem Doubles Down - Suggests Biden's Dog Should Be Shot Simplepeddler Yesterday at 01:34 PM
Irrational compassion for stupidity is ruining the country.
That dog would have been room temperature 23 secret service agents ago.
77 3,771 more...
Page 75 of 171 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 170 171
AX24

301 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 34 invisible), 2,153 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,745
Posts18,495,171
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.