-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Its meme time DMc 04/23/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
78,308 14,655,046 more...
Re: Ever been to the Smithsonian? DHN 04/23/24
I spent nearly a full day at the air & space museum, didn't have time to see anything else. I imagine it would take me 3 days to see it all.
31 1,670 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Our ages here on the fire... Scorpion 04/23/24
I might be the youngest so far, just turned 37 last month. Been a member here since I was 20 and in college.
160 23,592 more...
IC B2
Re: The Dukes of Hazzard? HawkI 04/23/24
Originally Posted by Riverc
Originally Posted by greydog
Isn't this show considered offensive today? The car was named after THE confederate general and played Dixie. It doesn't get much worse than that! GD
I liked the show nothing offensive about it. Cleveland Indians, Washington Redskins, school names,military bases & statues nothing was offensive about those either.

Yep, and who doesn't like being tipped off that "crazy cooters comin atcha"..
43 3,235 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Well that's a first for me! Son_of_the_Gael 04/23/24
Originally Posted by bbassi
Expander ripped the neck off at the shoulder. Must need more neck lube!
Seriously, I usually use Redding neck powder on every other case. This was the first time in 25ish years of reloading?

Yet another reason not to pull the expander up through the neck.
23 2,065 more...
Re: Our politicians waving ukraine flags on floor alwaysoutdoors 04/23/24
I think they are beyond stupid and ignorant. They should be carried back to their homes with Ukraine flag colored cars with cash sprayed out the windows. That’s exactly what they represent. A hopeless cause with no regard to where the money goes. If they rode around town and such like that, how long would the public support it? It wouldn’t be be too long. People are seeing 30-50% increase in housing, groceries , and such. Let’s air this all out and see where it settles.
55 3,008 more...
Re: Our politicians waving ukraine flags on floor AcesNeights 04/23/24
It looked like a room full of abject losers who all just won the lottery…
55 3,008 more...
Re: The Dukes of Hazzard? 7mm_Loco 04/23/24
i was just a kid then... But, other than Dayzy & the theme song... That was one lame ass fuggin show... retarded dialog... ruined half the 69 Chargers in the USA... pissed me off!....
43 3,235 more...
IC B3
Re: Consumer reports: the five lowest maintenance car brands: Nebraska 04/23/24
Originally Posted by Dutch
Toyota is third. Four out of five are American name plates, with Tesla being the lowest maintenance costs over a 10 year life span.

Tesla
Buick
Toyota
Lincoln
Ford

There's a pretty graph in the link.....

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/car-maintenance/the-cost-of-car-ownership-a1854979198/

"When comparing cumulative costs by brand for years one through five and six through 10, we found that Tesla had the lowest maintenance costs. At the opposite end of the rankings, several German automakers are clustered as the most expensive brands, namely Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Porsche.

“If you are considering a luxury model, it may be wise to purchase one from a domestic brand that may have lower maintenance and repair costs,” says Elek. “For example, over 10 years, Mercedes-Benz models are more than double the cost to maintain and repair as those from Lincoln.”

I like Ford, Toyota, Honda and Chevy (Suburbans). My Honda's were the most trouble free vehicles. The Ford Taurus is stellar too. My Toyota Tacomas were great with the exception of the rusty frame on my 99' (which Toyota bought back in 2009 for 1.5x KBB retail value!). Chevy Suburbans are a good buy and can easily go 250-300k without a lot of issues other than excessive rust. I work at Ford and drive a F150. I live in salt-ville USA so the aluminum body is a great option. That being said, the new 10-speed transmission has a ton of issues with the CDF drum (replaced mine on my 22 F150 at 47k so crossing my fingers the re-engineered fix solves that issue). The V8s have a lot of issues with the VCTs. The earlier 3.5s have turbo and APIM issues. The Ranger is a great option and better tech and comfort than my Tacomas but probably can't outlast them in overall miles. I rarely see a Taurus come through for anything other than oil changes.
48 3,765 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female AcesNeights 04/23/24
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Supposedly this is the same cop, last year at Figure 8 Race @Speedrome in Indianapolis.

https://www.tiktok.com/@junkiewhisperer23/video/7233216767277927723

How are cops allowed to wear their uniform when 'off duty'? I know they have arrest powers at all times, but wearing their duty uniform while moonlighting seems like a great way to create legal issues for both their department, and their part time employer.

In those case they are usually paid through the department which has a contract for providing security services with the vendor. Legal issues are of little concern since the judgements against the department are paid by us….it ain’t no skin off their noses. 😉
394 27,784 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: New additions to the safe. alwaysoutdoors 04/23/24
That Ruger is gorgeous.
10 1,403 more...
Re: Our politicians waving ukraine flags on floor local_dirt 04/23/24
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Should have been waving $100 dollar bills.

They probably make more money from foreign aid kickbacks than what we pay them.

It's going to be nice seeing how much they paid in taxes from that. So glad Trump paved the way for Slicks, Zeros and Bidens taxes to be made public.

Probably going to lead to public officials having audits every year or two before Trump is through.

Let's see, Voter ID and getting a regular Audit? That ought to make them schiett.

It's Coming.

That would be great.
55 3,008 more...
Saltwater Jump to new posts
Re: Fishing from the piers in St. Augustine beach area? 1minute 04/23/24
That is the worst instructional video ever produced.
6 609 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female alwaysoutdoors 04/23/24
It’s about like any profession . You take what you can get to a point.
394 27,784 more...
Re: looking for a decent set of ratchets and sockets reasonably priced. bcraig 04/23/24
I didnt get a chance to go to pawn shop today but will go tommorow and see what they have.
Appreciate the recomendations.
46 3,470 more...
Knives and Blades Jump to new posts
Re: Folks getting "all horned up" in the Knives and Blades forum...... BC30cal 04/23/24
GW;
Good evening my friend, I hope the day down south behaved and you and your family are well.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful collection with us, much appreciated as always.

With apologies to you and those who've seen this pair before, this is my contribution to your horn handled knives thread.

These were my take on a pair of blades I ground out of Simonds D2 planer blades from the sawmill that used to be a stone's throw from our place.

The scales are California Bighorn ewe pickups that a long passed on friend gave to me and the sheath was something I made up in the shop as well.

[Linked Image]

There was a fellow somewhere in Alberta who was using a disc sander to get that different looking grind line, so that's what I was trying to copy, but found it tough to keep it as clean looking as I'd wanted.

Anyways sir, that's the two with horns from my collection.

All the very best to you all sir.

Dwayne
18 1,787 more...
Re: Ever been to the Smithsonian? alwaysoutdoors 04/23/24
Seriously, it’s worth a look. Stop by the NRA museum if in the hood. You won’t see more cool guns in one place.
31 1,670 more...
Re: Fosters Big Horn, Rio Vista California Alan_C 04/23/24
Thanks guys, I put that one on the list !
19 1,037 more...
Re: City of Grants Pass Vs Supreme Court Valsdad 04/23/24
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Thanks John, but heres the thing what I posted is a quick synopsis of the case not a first hand view or an opinion of how and why. The fact is that there is no way a constitutional right to camp, build temp shelters, sidewalks etc. The case is a farce. But then again this whole administration and .gov agencies are a farce on the grand scale.

WELL we definitely agree on that. Some of the Supreme Court judges ( the liberal ones ) were asking then where should these people go? Towns in southern Oregon, are islands in a sea of pine forests, that include millions of acres of National and State & County forests.. Both BLM and Forest Service. but then the drug addicts would be away from all the free stuff. and they seem to be worried about O.D.ing, with no immediate medical attention. Plus there is no one out there to Rob for their personal needs.

The answer is pretty simple.. the leftists don't want to embrace it tho, as it gives them one major less thing that they can manipulate, to get more power and more money from the working public.

We get people who overdose pretty much every day, somewhere in the county.. My wife and son work at the local hospital,
where they haul the body into.

The homeless have another problem on BLM and FS land................there's a 14 day limit on camping. Our local one just published their rules for this summer in the local newspaper. 14 day limit in a NF Ranger District.Not sure what divisions the BLM is using. If enforced, the homeless would have to drive to the other side of the county to get into another Ranger District. Good rules in my opinion, to keep permanent camps from being set up. Kinda tough though if, in certain cases, one draws a tag for a long season hunt.

Relative in Flagstaff AZ says there's a big problem there as the NF starts right on the outskirts of town, RVers pull in and set up camp, take the small vehicle, e-bikes, and such into town for supplies and to do stuff. Problem is not just the permanent RV folks, those who sold their homes and just travel, a lot of them are homeless who scrounged together enough $$$ to get a scheidtbox RV/trailer and they park it and stay.

Don't know where and how the judicial system ever got the idea that moving along some vagrants was cruel and unusual.

Clown World for sure.
43 3,118 more...
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop AcesNeights 04/23/24
I hope the Russians don’t cause too much panic in Ukraine otherwise all the packed nightclubs and bars will suffer a mass casualty event when all those 20 something young men drop their umbrella drinks and trample each other on their way out the door…

We should probably send them another $100 billion just in case.
5,675 454,638 more...
Re: So what happens after Trump goes to Prison ? jaguartx 04/23/24
Originally Posted by steve4102
LOL, comparing yourself to Trump now, how pathetic you truly are

It's pretty pathetic to lie and say you're a Trumpster when you low-rate all he does and essentially call him a liar for saying We will Make America Great Again.

I think Trump and I trust The Plan and The Military he revamped. He'd know he had no chance of surviving this if he couldn't depend on them.

I think Trump and I also have Faith in the Lord answering our prayers and we both know that in the battle between Good (GOD) AND EVIL (Satan) GOD wins.

I also think both Trump and I believe what he says, which is more than can be said for you.

Trump and I each have a high IQ, something about which you have no clue.

Connect the Dots re Trump and the Military. The Cabal took out Lincoln, made Reagan relent, and killed JFK. They have made 67 attempts on Trump and he's still playing 5D chess.

He's taught the world about a Deep State, Fake Nues, Vote Fraud, Dual Justice System, Weaponized 3 letter Agencies, Biden Crime Family, Foreign Aid kickbacks, and now he's teaching the people about Election Interference.

He's tried to teach people about Q so they could read the drops and get a clue. People like you and the Genius Crew and the Dumbassed Crew chose to listen to the Clowns puppets, namely Jeff Bezos and the Washington Post. Are the Clowns In America your Puppetmasters too as they are for some on the Dumbassed Crew?

Regardless, you missed Trump's hundreds of clues about Q and now you're clueless about the Plan too.
100 6,796 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Honest question regarding bear bullets elkcountry 04/23/24
I’ve been reading all I can regarding heavy hard cast bullets for bear defense. I understand they penetrate very well. My question is, why not a heavy FP FMJ (I’m thinking 200gr. from a 10mm, 147gr. 9mm)? Is HC lead really that much better? I understand heavy FMj’s may not be an option for big bore revolvers, but I would guess most people just want to use the same gun they use for defense against two legged varmits!

Just thinking out loud!

Thanks for your replies in advance,

Elk Country
22 2,547 more...
Re: Inflation? alwaysoutdoors 04/23/24
Oh goads, I somwon has 37.5 cyon in a waearhus , then they don’t meen squat. Can I still have my free Coffey?
87 5,446 more...
Page 321 of 587 1 2 319 320 321 322 323 586 587
AX24

606 members (10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 65 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,571
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.