24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Scopes............. dvdegeorge 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I did what I never do,as we fished down to the wire and sent him away with my SD card. I'll get it back,at work. Nothing huge yet,best fish thus far is only 38". Hint.

The weather remains more than favorable,despite my frantic Rain Dance. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

To be continued. Hint.....................
How do you like that Eric Cortina tuner?
5,060 512,317 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Vegetable Gardening Advice Sought BigDave39355 04/21/24
Originally Posted by slumlord
We start ours in individual peat cubes in our greenhouse. Nothing goes out to the main dirt until plants are about 8” tall. Keep 400w metal halide 4ft about seed arrays. Small oscillator fan to build stem hardiness.

However, in the last couple years, we just buy 1ft tall plants 4 pack for $1.75 from the Amish greenhouse plantation. None of that foucking around with spindly bullshît seedlings 1” tall.

my DIY greenhouse plants flopped this year…

Musta watered them too much.

Buy heirloom seeds from Baker Creek.

Had good luck last year.. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Fuggin Bonnie has lost their minds… $5 for a single plant ( 6” plant?)

Local co-op had another brand.. small peets fro 3/$1.69.
34 2,200 more...
Re: Jamaican Lottery Scam kwg020 04/21/24
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I saw a story on this on the American Greed show yesterday. They said this is a way of life in Jamaica, and thousands of Jamaicans participate in scamming Americans. Some people have lost a hundred thousand dollars to these Jamaicans.

U.S. NEWS AUG. 4, 2023 / 11:28 AM
Jamaican man pleads guilty to defrauding U.S. elderly people in fake lottery scam
By Doug Cunningham

Aug. 4 (UPI) -- A Jamaican national pleaded guilty Friday to conspiring to defraud elderly victims in the United States using a fake lottery scheme.

Antony Linton Stewart, 39, of St. James Parish, Jamaica, pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud in U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, the Justice Department said in a news release.

Conspiracy to commit wire fraud carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison.

"Stewart is the latest example in the department's ongoing efforts to root out and deter fraud from foreign locations that targets our most vulnerable consumers," Justice Department Civil Division head Brian M. Boynton said in a statement.

Stewart admitted in court documents that he used the phone to contact elderly victims and lied to them about winning lottery money. The scam worked by telling the victims they had to pay taxes on the "winnings."

At Stewart's direction the victims wired hundreds of thousands of dollars to people in both the United States and Jamaica. Those people served as intermediaries who then transmitted the money to Stewart.

"Each year, millions of older Americans suffer heavy financial losses in the hands of scammers operating in the United States and abroad," said U.S. Attorney Dena J. King for the Western District of North Carolina said in a statement. "Today's guilty plea underscores our efforts to investigate and bring to justice perpetrators of elder fraud schemes no matter where they originate."

My mother was getting harassed by these people. Both men and women were calling her at all times of the day and night. She eventually sent them $400 in cash and later a check for $4000. I got the check stopped payment but they took it to a bank in northern Virigina and the bank cashed it anyway. The bank lost the money because I closed the account. (I was a full partner on her account) I started calling them back from my cell phone and ordering them to leave my mother alone. I never mentioned who my mother was. I even got my friends to call the numbers they were using and harassing them. It wasn't much but it was something.

The bottom line is, this was the last 6 months of my mother's life and they made her absolutely miserable for that 6 months. If I could I would find them life life coc& suckers and kill each one with my bare hands. I finally got a Senator involved and only then did the postal service get involved. No law enforcement agency above the local police would get involved until I got a Senator involved.

I hear later that they got another local lady for over $100,000. She wouldn't tell her son what she was doing because they threatened her too. They said they were going to send one of their "men" out to collect and she just started sending money.

kwg
15 1,001 more...
IC B2
Re: I bet they wished they owned a pitbull MAC 04/21/24
When I was growing up we had a big male Samoyed and he was very protective of his (pack). I assure you he would have torn that punk up.
21 2,052 more...
Re: Catfish Bait Otter 04/21/24
We mostly used chicken guts for rod and reel. Usually chicken or beef liver chunks, nightcrawlers or crawdads for throw lines.

Grampa always said if it floats, sinks, stinks or swims, catfish will eat it.
55 3,224 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger American Gen 2 HickoryNut 04/21/24
I have a Gen 2 in 7-08 with the 20” barrel and it handles well and shoots better than it should. The action is much smoother than the Gen1 and the stock seems to be much stiffer as well. The 3 position safety is a nice feature.

As you mentioned it checked a lot of boxes for me. It’s a great suppressor host. I mounted a Trijicon Credo 2.5-10x56 and it fits perfectly (1/4” gap to barrel) with the rail and medium rings.

I am still trying to fine tune the load using Lapua 150Gr Sencar L, RE15, or Big Game.
30 3,583 more...
Re: Bought my first can of Kroil !!! Valsdad 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Valsdad
But the Kroil smellls cool.

It smells like cancer.
Did the cancer sniffing dog tell you that?
82 5,964 more...
Re: This pedophile has been rehabilitated WYcoyote 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The rate of rescidivism among child sex perverts is 97 percent. A guy will do 7 years in The Pen for having sex with children, and within weeks of release from jail will be back trying to screw another kid. They just don't stop.

How does 97% compare to other crimes? Seems like a revolving door for other criminals too.

My solution is more medieval.

Yeah, like cutting off his dick and nuts.
61 4,958 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: 99PE scope Lightfoot 04/21/24
That's quite a find!! I've never seen that model before. A K450?? Anyone know if it was ever offered aside from the Anniversary build?

Definitely a perfect match for the PE.
15 950 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Lapua 260 Remington brass - $90 Futura 04/21/24
$90 plus shipping per 100.

Sealed and all the same lot number.

Using some of this to neck down to 243 but have too much.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

7 585 more...
IC B3
Re: Catfish Bait jaguartx 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Riverc
Originally Posted by earlybrd
How bout nightcrawlers

I catch the majority of my eater size freezer stocking catfish with nightcrawlers.

They are certainly the hot ticket now on central Texas lakes and I've caught a few on chicken livers but none on Lil Smokies.

55 3,224 more...
RCBS 50 BMG Press 160user 04/21/24
I got this as part of a collection I bought a while back. I don't see myself ever loading for 50 BMG so I will offer it for sale. It is heavy and the press weighs 20 pounds. No dies are included, press only as pictured and it is configured for standard rifle right now. If you want it, post on here and follow up with a PM. Payment by check of any kind. $325 shipped in the L48.

Specs on the press:
https://www.rcbs.com/presses/single-stage/ammomaster-.50-bmg-pack/16-88700.html

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
3 378 more...
Re: Ruger M77 Hawkeye SA Walmut Stock Sixpack 04/21/24
Let’s try $230 shipped
21 1,525 more...
Re: BREAKING Fetterman says need for Safe,Pure,Taxed marijuana reivertom 04/21/24
Just what we all need....more and more brain fried people running around.
71 4,544 more...
1 pair FR jeans 40x32 Torqued 04/21/24
I have 1 pair of FR jeans 40x32 for the shipping charge only

Berne brand 40x32

Anyone required to wear FR is aware of what they cost

I needed them for an out of town job at the beginning of the great SCAMDEMIC. Wore them 2 times in a week and the job was shut down. They've been in the closet since then.

If someone can use them, they can have them for the cost of shipping.

Smoke free home, but we do have pets.

First to claim them by timestamp along with pm owns them.
2 257 more...
Re: WTS Sig 220 SAO 10mm two tone kennerk 04/21/24
bump
16 1,903 more...
Re: WTS S&W 686 (pre lock) 4" kennerk 04/21/24
bump
45 7,026 more...
Mausers and Military Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 30 cal bullets Theo Gallus 04/21/24
I suspect ex-30/06 due to the flat bases. They look like a couple of 30/06 incendiary rounds I landed in a trade once.
4 574 more...
Re: BREAKING Fetterman says need for Safe,Pure,Taxed marijuana Valsdad 04/21/24
Originally Posted by flintlocke
The habitual users around here know the risks of cartel grown pot...they either grow their own or buy from the old school hippy growers who smoke their own and produce a quality product.
Gee, what a concept.

Grow a plant in your garden, and bypass all the chemical scheidt?

Now, who would do that?

71 4,544 more...
Re: Vegetable Gardening Advice Sought slumlord 04/21/24
We start ours in individual peat cubes in our greenhouse. Nothing goes out to the main dirt until plants are about 8” tall. Keep 400w metal halide 4ft about seed arrays. Small oscillator fan to build stem hardiness.

However, in the last couple years, we just buy 1ft tall plants 4 pack for $1.75 from the Amish greenhouse plantation. None of that foucking around with spindly bullshît seedlings 1” tall.
34 2,200 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: How to fix a Leupold Big Stick 04/21/24
Reupold tries. Hint.

Just sayin'...........
14 2,365 more...
Re: Vegetable Gardening Advice Sought smokepole 04/21/24
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
I usually leave them alone and still get more zooks than I can eat
Interesting. So you get multiple sprouts in one spot, leave them alone, and still get a full crop of zucchini?

I plant zukes and yellow squash in "hills" of 3-4 plants each, it works well.

Pro tip on your eggplants--if your wife doesn't know what an eggplant looks like, don't let her pull weeds in your garden.
34 2,200 more...
Re: Bought my first can of Kroil !!! ziagunsmith 04/21/24
Kroil and Balistol have worked well for me over the years. I'm going to try the acetone/ATF mix and see if it works as well and then maybe I can save some $$!!
82 5,964 more...
Re: Is faith without works dead…? George_De_Vries_3rd 04/21/24
Originally Posted by duke61
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
So, you are sure he was “born again”?
If he wasn't his spirit couldn't be save at the coming of Christ. If a believer refuses to live holy and godly life then he is presently useless to God, he is still a child of God but gone astray. He will be dealt with by the Lord but he will be saved as through fire as mentioned in 1 Cor 3. He will also not reign with Christ in His kingdom as Paul warns Corinthians in chapter 6.

In Luke 15 the prodigal is a child of the father, he is a son before he departs into the world and he is a son after he repents. This is not a parable of unbeliever becoming saved but a believer who goes into the world for a time and lives a life of sin but then repents and confessed his sin and is welcomed by the father.

The point is…you said above this post he WAS a born again individual. Now you say, “if he wasn’t….” Words concerning this subject need to be precise, clear, and sharp. Or you can cause confusion among readers.
73 4,126 more...
Re: The French have had enough of being robbed 673 04/21/24
The west has been far too welcoming, step back dune coon.
49 4,605 more...
Page 386 of 597 1 2 384 385 386 387 388 596 597
AX24

527 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,811 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,385
Posts18,469,625
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.