24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Ruger Bisley 44 Magnum FS mart 04/21/24
I am downsizing some and have this nice Bisley 44 Magnum for sale. Very good shape, fired very little. $800 shipped FFL to FFL.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

2 773 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Winchester mod.70 super grade 280 Rem. swiftshot 04/21/24
I won this rifle at a raffle held to raise funds for the local shooting team-the Rock chuckers clay shooting team,during a shoot in Libby Montana.It is a "1 of 500".The shoot was during the summer of 2019 and I had not shot it.I found a scope I had lying around, bought some mounts and set it up for sighting in.I bought some Remington brass,Lee collet dies, 140gr TSX bullets,and IMR 4350 powder.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here is a 100yd target fired off the bench with the first 5 rounds I ever fired from it.I had no difficulty bore sighting it and one round was all I needed to get near the bullseye.These are three shots at 100yds.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
5 947 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: 99PE scope Txtrout 04/21/24
Cool!
15 960 more...
IC B2
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Strop10 04/21/24
Originally Posted by navlav8r
That cop is lucky he didn’t yank her shoulder out of joint or his paycheck would be getting big bites out of it forever.

There will probably be a civil suit and settlement off a deprivation of rights claim.

He is just about guaranteed to not have to pay a penny towards any civil payout due to qualified immunity and that would likely hold true if he dislocated her shoulder or even amputated her arm at the shoulder.

The amputation scenario would actually increase his chances of being granted QI.
387 27,264 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Phil Shoemaker - A Bear Pistol Question: AcesNeights 04/21/24
Originally Posted by jwp475
A 475 Linebaugh with 420 grain hard cast can be loaded to 1400 FPS. I know this for a fact BTDT. 1200 FPS is much easier to shoot and still very effective.
The 500 JRH with a 440 grain flat point hard cast at 950 to 1000 FPS is extremely effective also.

Oh I know external ballistics quite well which is why I’m curious as to what cowboybart considers “HOT” if 1450fps is merely warm from a handgun ? I also have to laugh when someone says that 1250fps isn’t enough but 100fps more IS enough….😂….or a hardcast bouncing off and deflecting from a bears rib. Bears are big critters but their bones are NOT exceptionally big or heavy when compared to some other animals.

FWIW….Phil’s 147gr hardcast was doing approximately 1100fps, not 1350fps but it still got the job done….without bouncing off or deflecting. In fact it went THROUGH and was found just under the hide on the off side!

So again….if 1450fps from a handgun is “warm” then what does it take to reach the vaunted “HOT” status?

Like I said in my first post on this thread, I truly appreciate Phil’s real world experience! My question is directed at this thread’s comedic expert, cowboybart. 😉
85 13,278 more...
Varmint Rifles Jump to new posts
Is anyone running Lapua 222 brass? RickF 04/21/24
I have an older 222 Rem inbound, and I’m putting together an order for bushing dies, brass and such.

Is anyone using Lapua brass in 222, and if so, could they provide an outside neck diameter for a loaded round please? I am not sure which size bushing to order. Thanks.
5 504 more...
Re: Phil Shoemaker - A Bear Pistol Question: ruraldoc 04/21/24
Thanks to Phil for sharing your experiences here.

For what it’s worth, I have killed many wild hogs with handguns testing lots of different loads.

The best 9mm loads are far more effective than anything smaller and kill nearly as quickly as the largest handgun loads.
85 13,278 more...
Re: I bet they wished they owned a pitbull Hogwild7 04/21/24
My German Shepherds would have scared him away before he got close enough to touch anybody. The fedex and UPS men run back to the truck when they make a delivery with the.dogs inside the house. Just in case the window breaks.
21 2,057 more...
Re: Massive Cover-Up of Trans Shooter’s History in Nashville Covenant School Mass Murder Case earlybrd 04/21/24
Ya there’s a missin link on that
26 2,537 more...
Express Rifles and Big Bores Only Jump to new posts
Re: The great 458 Winchester. Everyone should own one at least once Riflecrank 04/21/24
After the above shocking exhibition I await the larger diameter "Lyman Inspired" AM 46-467L.
It might "hardcast" into a 450-ish-grainer sizable to .461" diameter, PC-painted (blue) and plain-based.
Then there is that strange 46-502D that might be closer to 480-ish-grainer sizable to .461" diameter, also PC-painted and plain-based.

Enaa baasee' to Sir Darryl for the indexing.

Sir Smallfry, get a No. 5 Sporter from McGowen or PAC-NOR, 1:14" twist.
I am planning to do the same to a Ruger Hawkeye.
Was thinking of finally daring to do a 20" but now
maybe 21" like Phil Shoemakers Ol'Ugly ?
I have a rifle stuck in the gunsmith pipeline,
may need to find another smith ...

Sir Jerry,
Hopefully all was peaceful in OK on the latest April 19.
The two-legged vipers probably steer clear of OK when they find out you are keeping the peace there.
4,007 789,335 more...
IC B3
Re: Battery Post "Grease" ldholton 04/21/24
I use those felt washers that go over the post and under the clamps. then coat terminals with that little spray can of stuff that turns kind of a red color.
36 2,966 more...
Re: Senate Passes FISA-702 Extension The_Real_Hawkeye 04/21/24
It's all a giant, super sophisticated, crime organization. We no longer have government. Their only function is disempowering and fleecing the people at large.
40 2,655 more...
Re: Phil Shoemaker - A Bear Pistol Question: jwp475 04/21/24
Phil believed the 9mm with flat point Hardcastle would work and he proved correct.
85 13,278 more...
Calf fries Higginez 04/21/24
Headed to the Red Bluff Roundup yesterday with a buddy. Stopped at his friends annual BBQ before the rodeo and they were passing them around.

Damnit if they weren't really good!

Who knew? LOL

Perfect weather for the Roundup too. 80* with just a little breeze.

Wild horse races were my fav as usual.
49 3,343 more...
Re: FS Kimber Montana 7mm WSM and 6 boxes of factory ammo Jonnymac 04/21/24
Originally Posted by longshot3
Any trade interests?
Really just looking to sell
14 2,178 more...
Re: Massive Cover-Up of Trans Shooter’s History in Nashville Covenant School Mass Murder Case The_Real_Hawkeye 04/21/24
I preferred the old days when a mass murderer's particulars were mere matters of public record for the news media to report on and criminologists to write articles and books about.
26 2,537 more...
Express Rifles and Big Bores Only Jump to new posts
Re: The great 458 Winchester. Everyone should own one at least once jwp475 04/21/24
The faster you push a hard cast the harder it needs to be for top accuracy. I thought that the powered coat might allow you to get away with it but it did not. I believe that at least .460" diameter would also aid accuracy
4,007 789,335 more...
Re: FS Kimber Montana 7mm WSM and 6 boxes of factory ammo Jonnymac 04/21/24
Originally Posted by jkinpa
What part of Pa?
Eastern PA
14 2,178 more...
Re: Senate Passes FISA-702 Extension akrange 04/21/24
Ya

You ain’t seen Nothing Yet

Emanuel going to make Me Surveillance Czar ..

My first order of Business is Operation
“ Pork Rind “

Hijack Servers in Buildings of Targets and Claim it’s Russian Communication Centers of the Intended Targets..

Then Haul them up against one of our Corrupt FISA Judges and then Watch everyone start Quaking in their Boots..

No need to Reinvent Wheel worked like a Charm last Time it was used ..
40 2,655 more...
Re: eaten by cannibals that would be a bad way to go ldholton 04/21/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
34 2,872 more...
Re: WTS Sig Sauer P229 magazines Jericho 04/21/24
Bump
24 1,600 more...
Re: Phil Shoemaker - A Bear Pistol Question: jwp475 04/21/24
A 475 Linebaugh with 420 grain hard cast can be loaded to 1400 FPS. I know this for a fact BTDT. 1200 FPS is much easier to shoot and still very effective.
The 500 JRH with a 440 grain flat point hard cast at 950 to 1000 FPS is extremely effective also.
85 13,278 more...
Re: Massive Cover-Up of Trans Shooter’s History in Nashville Covenant School Mass Murder Case steve4102 04/21/24
Was there ever any doubt
26 2,537 more...
Re: your feel good moment for the day LRoyJetson 04/21/24
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Those arms are not padded, long sleeve t-shirt under the other, guys got some big ass arms.

Definitely arm pads

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
24 1,877 more...
Re: Another few billion for Zel to buy another yacht. TreeMutt 04/21/24
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Is there a warmonger supply co. That he will be spending his dough at?

When you realize the politicians just want to direct your tax dollars to their own holdings. Bazinga!

And to satisfy the gluttonous, insatiable appetite of their MIC donors while not a figgin dime for the border....but the sheep are blissfully unaware! Ukraine is done and this will only prolong the agony.

How many more Ukrainian mothers will weep for their boys sacrificed to help the demented criminal get reelected?

The treasonous bastard Johnson is just another swamp creature...he's in the club and anyone not in the club they will attempt to destroy, including Jordan and Gaetz.

God help our country!

MAGA!
35 2,711 more...
Page 410 of 587 1 2 408 409 410 411 412 586 587
AX24

545 members (1lessdog, 007FJ, 1moredeer, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 16penny, 61 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,889
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.